MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Pandora Hearts Chapter 71 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Pandora Hearts »» Pandora Hearts Chapter 71 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Pandora Hearts Chapter 71 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

41 77.36%
4 out of 5: Liked it

11 20.75%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 1.89%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 53

03-17-12, 5:06 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Oz's born was revealed. Poor Oz he was so self-sacrificing...
And the creepy Jack in the last page...Grrr-_-
Oh and of course Alice-Alyss born was what we already knew I think.
The only thing was surprising for me that Oz was first Lacie's doll, and he had 2 bodies.
Modified by Barbara-chan, 03-17-12, 5:11 AM

03-17-12, 9:16 AM
News Team
At least Oz considers Alice important (even though it seems like Intention of Abyss is the first "Alice" he knows).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

03-17-12, 9:21 AM

Puppets...that belonged to Lacie before they belonged to Black Alice, and his name IS Ozwald not Oswald ... I get it.

EDIT; Okay.. here we go. I'm glad we got more explanation than mindfuckery.

So this whole chapter is from the Oz puppets viewpoint.
From what I understand that Oz plush actually belonged to Lacie along with another "puppet" but The Core of the Abyss had the other one. When Lacie was going to die she gave her puppet to the Core and the puppets supposedly went to sleep when she died.

What exactly are the puppets supposed to represent? Literally the twins like we thought before?

Oz took in the darkness of the Abyss gaining a conscious(self-sacrificing?) and then would later become the Chain B-Rabbit.

So he really was a stuffed animal that turned into a Chain because of Alice's relation with the Abyss... only Alice named him Oz not Lacie.

Also.. the Will or was it the Core(?) wanted to give Jack one of Lacie's fragments, her wish(?) and he held the broken puppet laughing and crying and Black Alice was devastated when her puppet/Oz plush "died".

I loved how Jack was crying and laughing at the memory of Lacie.
Him&Ozwald watching her sing in a field of flowers... so cute. ; u;
Only poor Black Alice.. (well the trans says Black Alice and Will of Abyss lol)
Modified by cielleia, 03-17-12, 9:40 AM

03-17-12, 11:42 AM

cielleia said:

I loved how Jack was crying and laughing at the memory of Lacie.
Him&Ozwald watching her sing in a field of flowers... so cute. ; u;

This. Im weak against Jack´s tears. (he finally cried for her "death").The way he held little Oz so dearly when he was seeing Lacie´s memory, was heartbreaking. That flower field and the three of them together was so beautiful, so genuine.

That psycho smile at the end must be something like "Im gonna get Lacie back no matter what" mode on.

I really cant hate Jack for now, Im sorry. We know everything he is doing is to make Lacie´s unknown "wish" come true and I agree he is being evil, but still....

anyway, I feel pretty bad for both Oz and Jack.

Poor Oz. If his body belongs to Jack(we dont know yet, but its likely) its gonna be so awful. I dont want him to die or to become B-Rabbit fulltime.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ 飛ぶ

03-17-12, 12:37 PM

Orulyon said:

Poor Oz. If his body belongs to Jack(we dont know yet, but its likely) its gonna be so awful. I dont want him to die or to become B-Rabbit fulltime.

This story is already sad, but it's going to be more sadder...

By the way I laughed on Oz reactions about Alice&Alyss, and when Alice wanted to eat him.

03-17-12, 1:00 PM

Orulyon said:

You really can't hate him now.. maybe dislike him a little.
This has now pushed itself to my top 5 favorite chapters.

Also.. I thought Jack said last chapter that the body is his.
Well... we won't know until Jun finishes PH. ; u;

03-19-12, 10:35 AM

cielleia said:
Also.. I thought Jack said last chapter that the body is his.

Actually, Jack says "this body does not belong to Oz Vessalius", but he doesn't say it's his.

Alice is hysterically adorable in this chapter. XD So she already had this habit of biting Oz's cheeks back then, huh?
This chapter is pretty cute and also poignant. And I love the creepy Jack at the end. *shot*

03-31-12, 3:59 PM

What a cute, sweet, and sad chapter. Only PH can pull off all three at once! Alyss passing Lacie's memories on to Jack was so touching. I was never sure if Lacie actually cared about anything, but this gave her a real human self. Her interactions with the Will were nice too. And it looks like Oz loves Lacie deeply too, so I wonder how he'll feel and what side he'll be on once Jack's motives regarding Lacie's wish are fully revealed. Jack was great in this chapter. Loved the omake. ^_^

03-31-12, 4:50 PM

This chapter was truly beautiful. As I thought, Lacie really could go into the abyss whenever she wanted. She really is an amazing character, even though only a few chapters were dedicated to her, I still freaking love her.
I love when she says that she'll be bringing a "friend" for the abyss so it won't feel alone anymore, referring to the child she would give birth to. ;A;

And Alice being mean to Oz was just so funny. XD

will cry a little more now while re-reading the chapter ;;
Modified by Liinah, 03-31-12, 5:07 PM

03-31-12, 6:52 PM

Lacie was alive somehow, more like her memories....I feel so bad for Oz. I wonder if he will tell Alice about him soon. The abyss is so mysterious...I can't wait for next chapter :)
Modified by princessnight, 03-31-12, 6:58 PM

04-01-12, 12:57 AM

Oh so Oz lost one of his bodies and as it seems it was the one that was with white Alice or the one that was with Black Alice......Could it be also that this was the moment that Jack made a contract with Oz and maybe thats when he gained his B-rabbit powers because he inherited some piece of Lacie's soul....

So in the first chapter of pandora hearts when Oz finds the clock and goes to Alyss she really meant him when she said she waited for him and that he always kept her company when she was sad....after all Oz was always there....soo now i want to see why she hated him..was it because he disappeared or maybe something else

04-01-12, 3:56 AM

Nothing rly amazing to this chap but it was very touching :< Seeing details of how stuff happened is good :< I felt sry abt everyone in there :< I still pity Oz from every side :< Damn you Jack T^T

04-01-12, 5:38 AM

Dreamtime said:
..soo now i want to see why she hated him..was it because he disappeared or maybe something else

I believe that Glen somehow took the second stuffed Oz from Alyss and gave it to Alice since the one she had was destroyed. Maybe that's why she hates not only Glen, but Oz too. She said that Glen took her most important "person", not sure if she's referring to Jack, Alice or B-Rabbit itself.

Though the reason why she hated him once is probably not the same from now, she hated him even before meeting Jack, so he can't be the reason behind her rage. I was about to say that it could be Lacie, but Alyss says "I hate anyone who gets close to that person", and since she's dead.. At least is what we know so far. I've been wondering why the abyss didn't save her, I mean, Lacie was its only friend.
Modified by Liinah, 04-01-12, 6:05 AM

04-01-12, 7:56 AM

The reason Alyss probably hated Glen (and Revis) originally is because he cast Lacie into the abyss, therefore making her (Alyss) stuck in the abyss. Though her most important person probably is Oz. Your probably right that since one of the bodies of Oz is gone that somehow, the Oz with Alyss goes to Alice instead. That would make her very, very lonely and she probably tries to make up for it with her other dolls and eventually the Cheshire cat (which Vincent later kills and she brings to the abyss and turns into a chain) while waiting for Oz to return.

04-01-12, 9:00 PM

cool_inuyasha_gi said:
The reason Alyss probably hated Glen (and Revis) originally is because he cast Lacie into the abyss, therefore making her (Alyss) stuck in the abyss. Though her most important person probably is Oz. Your probably right that since one of the bodies of Oz is gone that somehow, the Oz with Alyss goes to Alice instead. That would make her very, very lonely and she probably tries to make up for it with her other dolls and eventually the Cheshire cat (which Vincent later kills and she brings to the abyss and turns into a chain) while waiting for Oz to return.

Also among all the dolls in the Abyss in White Alice's playroom... I've never seen a black rabbit. Which really helps the "White Alice's rabbit went to Black Alice" theory.

04-02-12, 2:35 PM

So, here was I thinking about something. When Alyss met Break in the abyss, she was really mean to him and a few minutes later she suddenly asked "Who are you?" and acted like she really didn't know him or didn't care at all. I've always wondered why she'd do that. At first I thought she could have switched places with Alice and Alice was the one asking that, but that would be too abrupt and whatever.
In this chapter we've seen that Alyss managed to save a piece of Lacie's memories, which was being destroyed by the "Abyss' darkness". I believe that the abyss mess with people's memories, that's why Alyss "forgot" about Break. That would explain why almost everyone who was in the Sablier tragedy 100 years ago, forgot everything about it. Oz, Gilbert, Alice (though Cheshire said that she was the one who wanted to forget).

04-02-12, 2:47 PM

I think that the abyss is actually darkness and what gives life is the Personality of the Abyss.So whenever Alyss creates a new chain she loses something from herself o.o or maybe the darkness eats her as well the more depressed she gets

Im just thinking of some yin yang concept about the abyss because i think that white mass would have saved Lacie if it could.

04-03-12, 2:35 PM

Idc what happens. All I want is Oz and Alice to run into the sunset with a happy ending. Otherwise my resistance to sadness will be broken and I will be depressed for weeks.

04-04-12, 6:01 AM

Finally Oz's background. Now I wonder what might happen to him...

04-04-12, 11:57 AM

Am I the only one that's starting to think that maybe it was Jack that killed Alice?
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices