Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 2, 2008 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whew, just Marathon-ed the last three episodes. Good stuff. However, this episode is where it's at. Favorite episode thus far. You're in for a treat. Full of twists and turns. Especially, the reveal of Raigyo. Never saw that coming. And Furuichi... oh my God. Let's just say... Actually, I don't know what to say. I'm still shocked. :p

Just when I thought I had a grasp of the story, everything was turned upside down. I don't know what to expect anymore, but this anime is so good. This latest episode has me counting down the hours 'til the next one. Yes, I'm slightly aware there is over 161 hours left. You got a problem with that? :D

Let me know what y'all thought.
KinetaSep 13, 2012 11:48 AM
Sep 3, 2008 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm... I can't really place it, but I feel like this episode could have had a little bit better writing. Especially when they confronted the human form in the tunnel. The human-form bitchslaps the one dude so hard it breaks his neck just because he got too close to him. Then a few seconds later Furuichi starts unloading his automatic into the human-form and it doesn't do a damn thing. But, I guess besides all that it was still a pretty damn good episode with lots of development.

In other news, Roppa gets +10 added adorable rating for this episode. Roppa instant air pillow FTW!

Sep 3, 2008 4:42 PM

Dec 2007
i would say something, but my jaw is fallen all the way to the ground in amazement
Sep 3, 2008 4:54 PM
Feb 2008
Is this episode only available on PSN at the mo? Anyone find a torrent? Sadly no luck at Crunchyroll yet...

Sep 3, 2008 6:53 PM

Jan 2008
ggr releases torrents on demonoid if you want to download it

Sep 3, 2008 11:01 PM

Oct 2007
wow... awesome episode... damn you Furuichi!.. i guess that's what happens when you get overly jealous... Akiyuki just owns you... i'm sorry!!.. can't wait for the next episode of xam'd goodness!
Sep 4, 2008 8:54 AM

Aug 2008
Just watched it on Veoh (complaints are getting loud on Crunchyroll). Finally this series is starting to get some proper action / plot development. What was almost a touching reunion turned into Furuichi being a dick and Raigyo being awesome (although he is damn ugly as a human). This ep didn't have quite enough Kakisu in it, although I guess so far it's been Kakisu episode=no action.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 4, 2008 9:27 AM

Jan 2008
I liked it, we've finally met this Raigo charcter.... methinks he'll be shaving soon, as that's how he appears in the ED. I loved the bridge reunion, but I thought Haru was going to be killed off there, happily I was proven wrong! Furuichi is being a pain, he's starting to remind me of Suzaku, in that he knows his friend is on the opposite side, yet is still ok with pointing a gun at them.

Next episode looks good, everyone seems pleased to see Raigo again, Nakiami seems to be giving him a cold shoulder though.
Sep 4, 2008 5:49 PM
Dec 2007
Dammit, Furuichi, why do you have to be such a freak? ;[
But finally, some action scenes. And another Xam'd! Can't wait to see Akiyuki and Raigo [was it?] together.
It looks like he'll be getting attarctive soon considering his image in the ED. <3
Can't wait! >o<
Sep 4, 2008 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I finally found the episode, on Veoh that is. I'm going to say that this episode was awesome, except Furuichi. I'm looking foward for the next episode with Raigyo.
Sep 4, 2008 7:16 PM
Feb 2008
Best show of the season without a doubt! Furuichi IS another Suzaku (i.e. a pain in the arse) but will make things interesting as did the latter character in CG. Riagyo looks cool as fuck though. Can't wait for more!

Sep 4, 2008 7:33 PM

Dec 2007
I've been searching veoh and i still can't find anything past episode 7. Is this episode out yet?
Sep 4, 2008 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
lol, that ep didnt make sense either. how that idiot survived the human form is beyond me. to top it off hes breeming with jelousy. oh well, he just cant admit defeat.
Sep 5, 2008 3:33 AM

Oct 2007
all episodes are on @torrents just search for them properly. nice ep but nothing special... i've got higher expectations for this series... but there's still plenty of eps:)
Sep 5, 2008 7:56 AM
Feb 2008
xracerx17 said:
I've been searching veoh and i still can't find anything past episode 7. Is this episode out yet?

It's out on most torrent sites.

Sep 5, 2008 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
"Girls are so stubborn!!" - Furuichi

OH GAWD, THE IRONY IS INTOXICATING.

Sep 5, 2008 5:06 PM

Jun 2008
god i hate furuichi so much. i mean he not only turns on akiyuki, but also gets haru in trouble and slapped by that guy. i mean isn't he supposed to be winning over her heart or something? XD hes doing a crappy job.
Sep 5, 2008 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
just finished the episode (dont really like crunchy roll but i gotta admit they are pretty fast and the H.264 quality is pretty good) anyway i really liked this episode a little more development that in the past slower episodes. some ok action and some nice "suprises" overall a very good episode although it does kinda feel its lacking something.
and btw Nakiami is awesome XD she's my fav up untill now (dont really know why though)

new sig
Sep 6, 2008 5:47 AM

Feb 2008
i hate this kind of friends like furuichi. -.-

i dont know why he say and do this kinde of shit. Wont he understand Haru or his "friend" akiyuki? I rly dont know =/

but the episode was great :)
Sep 6, 2008 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
A litle summaray of the episode:
Furuichi is a bitch!
Haru is sweet and she got slapped thanks to that bitch Furuichi.
Raigo the other xam'd is back. With a beard!
Akiyuki doesen want to go back anymore :S!

Next episode is gonna be great!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Sep 6, 2008 11:16 AM

May 2008
Awesome episode! im a m so hating furuichi i think haru should beat him up cuz she is better than him in martial arts i think that would be awesome!!!
cant wait till the next episode!!!
Sep 6, 2008 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
kisami said:
lol, that ep didnt make sense either. how that idiot survived the human form is beyond me. to top it off hes breeming with jelousy. oh well, he just cant admit defeat.

I was wondering about how Furuichi survived that battle.. they should've at least shown something of the fight haha

And about Raigyo.. it seems pretty obvious that he'd teach Akiyuki a thing or two about controlling his power more properly.
Sep 6, 2008 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
j1n said:
And about Raigyo.. it seems pretty obvious that he'd teach Akiyuki a thing or two about controlling his power more properly.

Unless the reason why Raigyo left & Nakiami's giving him the cold shoulder is because the way he controls his power goes against what she tried to teach him / is trying to teach Akiyuki. Add a little needed plot complexity.

Sep 8, 2008 4:35 AM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode, Furuichi is the new "Suzauku", such a jerk! Raigyo finally shows up, the show can only get cooler from here.
Sep 8, 2008 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
JTSlayer said:
Awesome episode, Furuichi is the new "Suzauku", such a jerk! Raigyo finally shows up, the show can only get cooler from here.
Not if Furuichi realy is like Suzaku. Then he can kill this show like Suzaku did code geass R2
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Sep 10, 2008 10:49 PM

Jun 2007
JadeMatrix said:
j1n said:

Unless the reason why Raigyo left & Nakiami's giving him the cold shoulder is because the way he controls his power goes against what she tried to teach him / is trying to teach Akiyuki. Add a little needed plot complexity.

Didn't he leave because he almost killed everyone? Anyway fuck Furuichi!
Sep 11, 2008 9:58 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome that Raigyo is back. Looking forwards to him in future episodes :D

and fuck you Furuichi.
Sep 12, 2008 10:42 AM

Jan 2007
It's nice to see a Xam'd that can actually kick ass and do cool stuff, instead of getting into trouble all the time. If nothing else, he'll teach Akiyuki the different between men and boys (hello, shower scene!).
Sep 12, 2008 1:44 PM

Jul 2008
i prefer if there were a little more romantic when akiyuki met haru.^^ but then it would be boring if we know who he will end up with, or nobody at all.
but ragyos xam looks awesome, cant wait to see him fighting.

Sep 12, 2008 9:56 PM

Nov 2007
wow furuichi is an awesome best/close friend....well i am guessing he is going to die and i see raigyo dying soon also, he'll probably teach akiyuki something and then sacrifice himself to protect him.

but there was one part where i lol'd real bad. when fuiruichi yelled at akiyuki you left the island, everyone was dying. i just wished akiyuki would have said no sh*t sherlock, do you see what comes out of my arm now.
Sep 13, 2008 12:16 PM

Jan 2008
crazy_eights said:
wow furuichi is an awesome best/close friend....well i am guessing he is going to die

hmm... not sure about that. Characters like these seems to stay till the end. Just look at Nina in Code Geass
Sep 13, 2008 3:23 PM
Apr 2008
furuichi has become an ***
Sep 13, 2008 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
id said:
crazy_eights said:
wow furuichi is an awesome best/close friend....well i am guessing he is going to die

hmm... not sure about that. Characters like these seems to stay till the end. Just look at Nina in Code Geass

no i mean i think he is going to die eventually. he is going to betray his friend some more, possible endanger haru's life.
Sep 14, 2008 3:43 PM

Feb 2008
Nice Episode.
I'm going to like Nakiami more and more.
Sep 16, 2008 5:22 PM

Jun 2007
nice episode.
this anime is really getting to me. its getting more awesome each episode.
i liked the reunion. akiyuki gets extra points for saving haru.
furuichi gets the title of "suzaku" of xam'd for his stupidity.
really, he CAN point his gun at one of his friends, without even listening to him.... he even hit HARU!!!!!
new xam'd was nice.
i guess Raigyo was a nice addition to the crew.
Nakiami :D
she's so warm hearted, to give the girl a cure for her papa....
i smiled at the broken motorcycle.
Sep 17, 2008 8:49 AM

Aug 2008
Richard_Omega said:
furuichi gets the title of "suzaku" of xam'd for his stupidity.
really, he CAN point his gun at one of his friends, without even listening to him.... he even hit HARU!!!!!
I'm not really getting why so many people compare Furuichi to Suzaku. Their situations are quite different. Suzaku turned against Lelouche because the latter was making war against the empire, and killed Euphie. Furuichi turned against Akiyuki becase Akiyuki was infected with some critter... against his will. Suzaku has a reason to hate, Furuichi's just a dick.

Sep 21, 2008 5:43 AM

May 2008
I never liked Furuichi.:x

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 27, 2008 2:18 PM

Jun 2007
Xam'd: 5-8

Still an 8/10 series in my mind. Little to no plot explanations (still), very little information provided about the setting (still) and the series lacks direction at this point. It's hard to see how the series is going to finish up right now when there isn't a set path the main character is walking on that will lead him to the end - he's simply travelling around on a Royal Mail airship, with scenes involving other secondary characters getting thrown in here and there. I'm going to bet this wasn't based on a manga; it's all a bit too messy and uncoordinated for that to be the case.

The one plot/character point that's keeping me interested is the only comprehensible one; the love triangle between the main trio. Furuichi is getting increasingly envious of Akiyuki as he's forced to watch Haru wait for Akiyuki's return, Haru not even noticing his own feelings for her. After the events of EP8, it's clear that the two males are going to end up fighting to the death, with Furuichi using the fact Akiyuki is Xam'd as the reason for him removing Akiyuki from the love triangle. I'm betting Furuichi will end up as a HFW so that he can fight Akiyuki without it being unfair.

Furuichi has a received a lot of fan hate. Personally, I don't hate him - it's easy to understand his feelings and how painful it is for his character to not have his feelings returned. And, like every other character that's cut from the envy mould, the intensity of his feelings make for dramatic encounters with the one who is causing the jealousy.

Anyway. Overall, although I'm enjoying it, I'm not finding it compelling to watch due to the story being so unclear. I'll probably watch the remaining 4 episodes (of S1) tomorrow.
Nov 5, 2008 11:10 AM

Mar 2008
id said:
crazy_eights said:

then he better give a big appology XD
Nov 7, 2008 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
Other Xam'd! Cool!
But a fight would be the Best!
Nov 9, 2008 10:59 PM

Apr 2007
Why the hell did they make Furuichi into the fucking idiot he is. I've had enough of these retards. Ugh....

also, this series is overrated so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2008 11:26 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i feel bad for Furuichi.
the reunion was super sweet :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 14, 2008 7:25 PM
Mar 2008
Furuichi is such a nooob.
Dec 27, 2008 8:25 PM

Nov 2007
So the former Xam'd makes his appearance, now that's interesting, can't believe Furuyuki would shoot at him but I guess we saw it coming.
Jan 11, 2009 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
The music was so good. It had that dramatic and tragic feel. Hate Furuichi!
Jan 24, 2009 9:34 AM
Jul 2008
This was the best ep so far.
Nov 6, 2009 2:57 PM

May 2009
Lol, Furuichi is a crazy bitch C: I always hated him from the start, even just his physical character, he looks so stupid and weak, gives me goosebumps and makes me itch and his dialogue is pathetic and cheesy (from the start. Dun know if you think the same.

WAIT, were we supposed to know who Raiygo is ?! O_O so confused.

BTW, The Haru x Akiyuki reunion schooled all of the reunions in anime history. I had to watch it ten times it was so well done c: GAWD, that was sooooo touching and not even cheesy.

(You'll notice i say cheesy a lot. It's because i hate cheesy of all things)
Aug 10, 2010 5:01 AM

Dec 2009
Soundtrack is just beautiful.
Jan 17, 2011 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
OK, Furuichi is officially the best character in this show.

(Coming from someone who thinks Suzaku is the best character in Code Geass, and Rossiu is the best in TTGL. Haha.)
Mar 4, 2011 2:13 AM

Sep 2009
Haru needs to find a way to join Akiyuki on that ship...she doesn't deserve the treatment she's getting in the military.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 3, 2009

243 by Erdgeist »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 25 Discussion

Esquire - Jan 28, 2009

47 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 21, 2009

48 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 6:23 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 23 Discussion

daveid9001 - Jan 14, 2009

45 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Bounen no Xamdou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daveid9001 - Jan 7, 2009

50 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.