Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 18, 2012 7:26 AM

Feb 2012
ahmed_great2005 said:
Saito got beat up & here I thought that he has become stronger...

I was thinking the same thing too but its probably from his lifdrasir power
But he might have won if he had somethig to fight with
Mar 18, 2012 7:34 AM

Mar 2012
I think its good that Saito is back in Japan because I want to see how Saitos family looks like
Mar 18, 2012 8:29 AM

May 2008
i guess its gonna be an originial anime ending! with Saito somehow returning at the end of next episode and saving everyone...
Mar 18, 2012 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
Ahmer said:
i guess its gonna be an originial anime ending! with Saito somehow returning at the end of next episode and saving everyone...

That's what I'm hoping and guessing.
Mar 18, 2012 9:40 AM

Dec 2011
I feel bad for Saito. But I also understand Louise, I just hope she knows how to get him back. Nah, of course she will.
Mar 18, 2012 10:06 AM

Jun 2010
There were two things that annoyed me about this episode.

1. I say yes piano version, it shouldve been used as saito was being sent back to his own world because in series 2 it was used at an emotion part like that.

2 and this really annoyed me, Saito got beat up by 3 punks, even without using his powers, he got trained to fight by that character i forget the name of ¬_¬.

Finally is it just me that hopes Saito will make it back help and then die... i want it to end badly.

Mar 18, 2012 11:31 AM
Dec 2009
First off,

I hate Louise, it really doesnt matter how you want to spin it she chose to be selfish and send saito away even though saito was probably ready to do what he could (die). She neglected to ask him how he felt and what he wanted to do and instead THOUGHT that it would be better off if he went back home. This is why is effed up

1) someone mentioned time, unless time flows differently there hes been gone for a while, the damage done to those he knew on earth in regards to him going missing has already been done. He likely wont have a home or stuff and nothing to eat so the reality of death still lingers regardless of the world its just in the other one at least he could be with louise until the end.

2) the old saying, sometimes its worse to not be able to do anything at all. well in this case they probably will die and he wont have been able to do anything instead hes just going to have to forget his feelings and experiences in that world... kinda messed up

3) They spent 4 seasons explaining why their bonds were so strong. if louise cant accept the fact that saito would rather be dead with her than forget her it was a great disservice to the people who sat through this and expected to see them work together.

Alot of people are going to be like "well she's right she loved him so much that she let him go," and to me thats nothing more than an excuse. If you really love someone then you would want to be with them NO MATTER WHAT why because love is unconditional. Obviously the last 3 seasons ordeals meant nothing since in the end she was ok with sending him back (she was because she did it no matter how sad she was she still did it and that means she was willing to cut ties to him)

i do dislike louise now

As for taking a military fighter, ha, while i admit it would be cool it would also NOT work. like many have said he wouldn't be able to get close to a jet let alone get it in the air before they blew him out of the sky.... realistically..... but this isnt reality, so i support him getting a cool jet and flying it back, this means he sneaks his way onto a military installation manages to get on the runway while it clear, avoid the jets that are probably diverted from their patrol to deal with him and make it back

not to mention the jet probably isnt armed, so hed have to operate something to carry his ordinance to the wing mounts all while being stealthy...

this is where the 2nd problem starts

Targets for jets are done through a network, a jet cannot just lock onto what it wants. so once it gets to the other world there is no IFF, there are no targets programmed into his targeting pod (unless he plans on using smart bombs not Air to Air Missiles).

basically all his ordinance once in the new world would pretty much not fire making it kind of useless....

gg Zero no Tsukaima gg
Mar 18, 2012 11:33 AM

Mar 2012
With how small a hole the World Door is I wonder how they intend to bring anything back to Halkeginia in the next episode, even if Louise opens the door again how will Saito bring a fighter inside that tiny human sized door? Saito might have to do it another way, someone mentioned the solar eclipse, that may have to be how it is done. It is funny cause in the LN the Pope had the World Door spell and not Louise, and actually opened the door for Saito to go in but was concealing a pistol pointed at Saito's head and was going to shoot him if he went through it..

Ahh.. this wait is going to suck!

In the LNs when Louise tried to send Saito back she went off to fight a bunch of big golems instead of a dragon and Saito came back to save the day with a panzer tank, she also had her memories of Saito erased by Tiffania but the power of looove brought them all back with a kiss. My new non-drowsy prediction: the power of love will be the deus ex machina for ep12, either opening a gate somehow or, when Louise is near death again, they will both be thinking about each other and Saito saves the day again!

The fact that he still has his runes on Earth definitely means Saito will be back to save Louise, one way or another. I wouldn't be surprised if by the ending Louise x Saito go back to the Earth to live, but the fact Saito is held in such regards in Halkeginia means that possibility is very low imo. As the hero of Halkeginia a harem ending is possible, as much as I hate things like that...

@Kenshin - the only reason I think he could get his hands on a fighter aircraft is due to him still having his Gandalfr runes, but even still, you do not just walk up to an air base and take a multi-million dollar aircraft around for a joy ride, but I have a feeling that it will be glossed over due to his "powers" that he has as a legendary familiar or w/e.
styrMar 18, 2012 11:37 AM
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert, go I forth to my work.
Mar 18, 2012 11:43 AM
Dec 2009
styr said:

@Kenshin - the only reason I think he could get his hands on a fighter aircraft is due to him still having his Gandalfr runes, but even still, you do not just walk up to an air base and take a multi-million dollar aircraft around for a joy ride, but I have a feeling that it will be glossed over due to his "powers" that he has as a legendary familiar or w/e.

Probably and honestly it would be fun to watch. He'll fly it and go save the day like he always does and that will close out the anime and ill be satisfied.
Mar 18, 2012 12:42 PM
Jan 2012
I'm not sure how they are going to end this, but all the possibilities seem a little awkward.

1) Harem ending - this would obviously be the worst type of ending, but unfortunately its probably the most likely one.

2) Saito dies
addz-sapphire said:
Finally is it just me that hopes Saito will make it back help and then die... i want it to end badly.

I can't say that I want this to happen, but it is at least than a harem ending.

3) Saito marrying Louise - this ending would be good but there are a few problems with it.

Firstly, how are they going to stop the other girls from constantly interfering? I guess one way would be to have the dragon kill them but that's highly unlikely :P.

Secondly, where would they live? If they both stayed in Louise's world then wouldn't Saito's parents be sad? (in the light novels it shows that Saito's parents email him everyday and are still looking for him) they can't go between the worlds easily because that uses up Saito's powers. Also, if Louise went to Saito's world then her family would be sad.

4) The dragon winning - judging by the endings from the previous seasons, not likely.

5) Saito gets sent back to his own world after Tiffa erases everyone's memories of Saito and Saito's memory of Louise. - I doubt they would make the ending this depressing. At least I hope they won't.

Therefore the most probable ending is Harem ending where Saito stays in Louise's world. They will probably just ignore Saito's parents.

oh and also....

Thatsjustpeachy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah that is what really got my hear going emotionally but alas I can't believe she let go of Saito's hand! This is a true disastrous move of the studio. I do not see anything else but a miracle but of how and what would be nice to see.

I had that emotional outburst at first and then i was like "wait a second". I just think that the World Door can just allow them to rejoin together like when Saito was kidnapped by the elfs. So if Louise is like "hmm I miss Saito, lets have him come back" she can just use the portal again(I'm pretty sure this is possible). This just all feels flawed, maybe im the only that feels this way though.

me too!! That part was much better in the light novels. It feels less natural in the anime.
kyubey42Mar 18, 2012 12:53 PM
Mar 18, 2012 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
kenshin90991 said:
First off,

I hate Louise, it really doesnt matter how you want to spin it she chose to be selfish and send saito away even though saito was probably ready to do what he could (die). She neglected to ask him how he felt and what he wanted to do and instead THOUGHT that it would be better off if he went back home. This is why is effed up

1) someone mentioned time, unless time flows differently there hes been gone for a while, the damage done to those he knew on earth in regards to him going missing has already been done. He likely wont have a home or stuff and nothing to eat so the reality of death still lingers regardless of the world its just in the other one at least he could be with louise until the end.

2) the old saying, sometimes its worse to not be able to do anything at all. well in this case they probably will die and he wont have been able to do anything instead hes just going to have to forget his feelings and experiences in that world... kinda messed up

3) They spent 4 seasons explaining why their bonds were so strong. if louise cant accept the fact that saito would rather be dead with her than forget her it was a great disservice to the people who sat through this and expected to see them work together.

Alot of people are going to be like "well she's right she loved him so much that she let him go," and to me thats nothing more than an excuse. If you really love someone then you would want to be with them NO MATTER WHAT why because love is unconditional. Obviously the last 3 seasons ordeals meant nothing since in the end she was ok with sending him back (she was because she did it no matter how sad she was she still did it and that means she was willing to cut ties to him)

i do dislike louise now

As for taking a military fighter, ha, while i admit it would be cool it would also NOT work. like many have said he wouldn't be able to get close to a jet let alone get it in the air before they blew him out of the sky.... realistically..... but this isnt reality, so i support him getting a cool jet and flying it back, this means he sneaks his way onto a military installation manages to get on the runway while it clear, avoid the jets that are probably diverted from their patrol to deal with him and make it back

not to mention the jet probably isnt armed, so hed have to operate something to carry his ordinance to the wing mounts all while being stealthy...

Targets for jets are done through a network, a jet cannot just lock onto what it wants. so once it gets to the other world there is no IFF, there are no targets programmed into his targeting pod (unless he plans on using smart bombs not Air to Air Missiles).

basically all his ordinance once in the new world would pretty much not fire making it kind of useless....

gg Zero no Tsukaima gg

have to disagree ... I mean she did it to save him thats 1 and also .. shes NOT selfish at all as she still loves him but decided to let go of him .. cause she wanted him to live .. rlly louise is the best but she should get him back though but she just cared for his safety only which is the sweetest thing actually...
instead of being selfish and keeping him with her for the sake of loving him for a tiny moment
Mar 18, 2012 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
asdf75965 said:
I'm not sure how they are going to end this, but all the possibilities seem a little awkward.

1) Harem ending - this would obviously be the worst type of ending, but unfortunately its probably the most likely one.

2) Saito dies
addz-sapphire said:

I can't say that I want this to happen, but it is at least than a harem ending.

3) Saito marrying Louise - this ending would be good but there are a few problems with it.

Firstly, how are they going to stop the other girls from constantly interfering? I guess one way would be to have the dragon kill them but that's highly unlikely :P.

Secondly, where would they live? If they both stayed in Louise's world then wouldn't Saito's parents be sad? (in the light novels it shows that Saito's parents email him everyday and are still looking for him) they can't go between the worlds easily because that uses up Saito's powers. Also, if Louise went to Saito's world then her family would be sad.

4) The dragon winning - judging by the endings from the previous seasons, not likely.

5) Saito gets sent back to his own world after Tiffa erases everyone's memories of Saito and Saito's memory of Louise. - I doubt they would make the ending this depressing. At least I hope they won't.

Therefore the most probable ending is Harem ending where Saito stays in Louise's world. They will probably just ignore Saito's parents.

oh and also....

Thatsjustpeachy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah that is what really got my hear going emotionally but alas I can't believe she let go of Saito's hand! This is a true disastrous move of the studio. I do not see anything else but a miracle but of how and what would be nice to see.

I had that emotional outburst at first and then i was like "wait a second". I just think that the World Door can just allow them to rejoin together like when Saito was kidnapped by the elfs. So if Louise is like "hmm I miss Saito, lets have him come back" she can just use the portal again(I'm pretty sure this is possible). This just all feels flawed, maybe im the only that feels this way though.

me too!! That part was much better in the light novels. It feels less natural in the anime.

doubt it ... as tiffa saw how much they loved each other plus the others as well and saying they would make the same choice ...

hoping that they both will go in saitos world so no interferring of the rest
or else get their own mansion for rl instead of sharing and ban them from their house
Mar 18, 2012 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
mecha mecha daisuki... demo demo mukatsuku.... last ep next, more sad I won't get to hear this ending song.

I really hope I can either purchase and/or at least read ZnT's novels.
Mar 18, 2012 2:41 PM
Jan 2012
Chloe-tsundere said:

hoping that they both will go in saitos world so no interferring of the rest
or else get their own mansion for rl instead of sharing and ban them from their house

Louise can't read Japanese which might cause some problems and don't they already have their own mansion?
Mar 18, 2012 3:03 PM
Jan 2012
LonerGoth said:
mecha mecha daisuki... demo demo mukatsuku.... last ep next, more sad I won't get to hear this ending song.

I really hope I can either purchase and/or at least read ZnT's novels.

You probably already know this, but i'll say it anyways just in case. You can find the first 14 (almost) volumes translated here http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Zero_no_Tsukaima. Enjoy! :)
Mar 18, 2012 3:23 PM
Aug 2011
He goes against whole armies and can hold them off pretty damn well. Gets laid out by three thugs...

That's just silly. Shaping up to be a decent ending I think. I wonder what they will do with it, is it going to be an original ending? I mean the light novels are still ongoing so that confuses me.

This series is too happy go lucky to be a bittersweet or sad ending. So no worries there.
Mar 18, 2012 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
I bet Saito will travel to russia, steals a plane and somehow penetrates the barrier between the worlds. Probably flying to sun eclipse.
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Mar 18, 2012 3:57 PM
Dec 2009
Chloe-tsundere said:

have to disagree ... I mean she did it to save him thats 1 and also .. shes NOT selfish at all as she still loves him but decided to let go of him .. cause she wanted him to live .. rlly louise is the best but she should get him back though but she just cared for his safety only which is the sweetest thing actually...
instead of being selfish and keeping him with her for the sake of loving him for a tiny moment

Again im not sure if you've gone through it, but how is it fair to make him live while he knows he will never see her again? Is that not torture in itself? Not to mention that just because she put him back in his world doesnt mean things are going to be better. He could end up dying alone in a alley.

I guess in the end it gets me because

SHE LITERALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR ONE NIGHT if even that... anyone who is willing to make such a large decision in such a short amount of time either had to be thinking about it prior (probably doesnt apply) or is extremely selfish.

look at saito, clearly he wants to be with her but did she care about his feelings at all?

obviously not
Mar 18, 2012 4:04 PM
Jan 2012
Allow me to gloat with my predictions from the last thread a moment:

Also, I'd like to introduce some logics to people who say things like:
ahmed_great2005 said:
Saito got beat up & here I thought that he has become stronger...

Yeah, Saito has become stronger in 2 things: Using his Gandalfr powers, and basic sword-fighting even without it. Please tell me why you think either of those skills would help him win a 3 on 1 fist fight.

My prediction for next episode: The news in Japan announces there will be an eclipse, Saito steals a plane and flies into the eclipse, gets transported back to Helkeginia(or whatever it is called), saves the day.
Mar 18, 2012 5:08 PM

Mar 2012
Unahim said:

Yeah, Saito has become stronger in 2 things: Using his Gandalfr powers, and basic sword-fighting even without it. Please tell me why you think either of those skills would help him win a 3 on 1 fist fight.

My prediction for next episode: The news in Japan announces there will be an eclipse, Saito steals a plane and flies into the eclipse, gets transported back to Helkeginia(or whatever it is called), saves the day.

Not that anime really has to follow logic or anything, but I was doing some wiki research and there isn't an actual Japan Air Force base in Tokyo, there is one close by in Saitama though that does have fighter aircraft. Air Support Command is in Tokyo but they mostly deal with helicopters and cargo planes, but it is possible Saito "finds" an interceptor there out of the blue. There is also Hyakuri Air Base 53 miles northeast of Tokyo and an air show is held there yearly. The Hyakuri Air Base also has fighter aircraft, more specifically the F-4EJ and F-15 Eagle. Every other air field is much further away than those two and would likely not be possible to reach quickly, however the US Air Bases would have really badass planes!

One way they could get around this is by having an Airshow close by and having Saito hijack a plane after infiltrating as a pilot or something. I agree with you that the eclipse theory is the best one so far, there is no way the World Door could open up far enough to allow a fighter jet through.

Personally I kinda hope Saito gets his grubby hands on something badass like a F-22 or F-117A, which would be totally awesome.... but I think it is far more likely they would use something the Japanese are more familiar with like the F-15,which is suitably more badass than the F-4 considering the F-15 has no battle losses (in dogfights). Here's to hoping JC Staff does something wicked for the last episode and battle!
Mar 18, 2012 5:11 PM

May 2011
Louise sent Saito away from his harem. Louise sent Saito away from an epic battle. I'm looking forward to 12 and finishing this anime off. I have a feeling this might be the best season of the 4.

Next episode preview: Henrietta in a very tight, low-cut dress. Hooray.
Mar 18, 2012 6:45 PM
Aug 2011
I don't understand why JC Staff can't make a GOOD ending. It's gonna be the same harem bullshit like in season 2, he comes back, embraces Louise, mentions big breasts , gets hurt by Louise, and gets seduced by Siesta and Tiffa.

God freaking dammit, they need to end it PROPERLY, something that won't hurt the other girl's feelings in the harem too much, but will assure you that Saito and Louise will stay together forever. Man, Saito's gotta resist the boobs, he already said he likes Louise's small ones better, so why does he keep acting like a perv? Fhudge, I better be pleased with the ending, otherwise, they gotta make a 5TH season, DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT IT BEING THE LAST, or a movie, OVA, SOMETHING. It's gonna suck to see this anime go :(
Mar 18, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2010
Has the anime caught up with the light novel/passed it, or is it not going by the light novel?
Mar 18, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
The LN is still ongoing. If this is truly the end to the anime, then it will be an original ending. It seems it has already deviated significantly from the LN based on other comments.

Note that time flows differently in Halkegenia--based on the elapsed time since the human migration and the various intrusions of artifacts from Saito's world, it looks like at least a 3 to 1 faster time rate there. Saito won't have been gone nearly as long as he's experienced.

I think there is a plot hole if he flies a modern sophisticated jet. He did learn how to pilot a Zero, but I suspect piloting a modern jet requires a little more training.

My money is on Tabitha and Henrietta becoming the final two void mages and Saito being summoned as their familiar as well (which would also nicely complete the harem ending).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2012 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
Next episode prediction - Bad end + Forever alone ending.
They fight the dragon and lose which leads to the destruction of their world.
Meanwhile, Saito will still be traumatized by the events. He will never get over the fact that he got locked out of his harem, unable to return. On top of that, his family will have forsaken him for he has been gone far too long.
Truly a wonderful end.
Mar 18, 2012 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
CrimsonLight said:
Next episode prediction - Bad end + Forever alone ending.
They fight the dragon and lose which leads to the destruction of their world.
Meanwhile, Saito will still be traumatized by the events. He will never get over the fact that he got locked out of his harem, unable to return. On top of that, his family will have forsaken him for he has been gone far too long.
Truly a wonderful end.

Not gonna lie, this ending would put Zero no tsukaima on Evangelion status. "It was all a dream" would make a good ending also IMO.

How the hell did he plan on getting a plane?
[center]
Mar 18, 2012 9:06 PM

Sep 2008
How the fuck are they going to smash everything into 1 episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 9:11 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode, totally knew Louise was going to let go and leave him in his world. Saito being beaten by 3 street thugs, come on now, that's crazy talk.

Worst possible ending.

Saito brings a plane back, Louise and Saito are on the plane fighting the dragon. Saitou kamikaze's the plane in traditional Japanese style, both of them die and the world lives happily ever after.

I know it's not going to happen, but I've had my string of terrible endings lately :) ME3, MSN, etc.
Mar 18, 2012 10:16 PM
Nov 2011
kenshin90991 said:
Chloe-tsundere said:

Again im not sure if you've gone through it, but how is it fair to make him live while he knows he will never see her again? Is that not torture in itself? Not to mention that just because she put him back in his world doesnt mean things are going to be better. He could end up dying alone in a alley.

I guess in the end it gets me because

SHE LITERALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR ONE NIGHT if even that... anyone who is willing to make such a large decision in such a short amount of time either had to be thinking about it prior (probably doesnt apply) or is extremely selfish.

look at saito, clearly he wants to be with her but did she care about his feelings at all?

obviously not

If you're Saito then it's easy for you to drag Louise because you've adjusted to both worlds. Louise, however cannot leave because it would be hard to adjust in Saito's world.

At least with Saito leaving the world, for now, he will not carry the burden of killing the dragon. I find it kind for Louise to refuse rather than go with Saito.

How could Saito die in an alley if he knows where to go home? I bet he wouldn't get lost in the city. Challenge for him is how could he find a plane which would fit into the gate.
Mar 18, 2012 10:59 PM

May 2010
I don't even need to be a critic to know that the next episode will be rushed.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 19, 2012 12:28 AM

Sep 2011
See, episode 10 should have been like ... episode 4. Then the season might've been a bit better off.

Seriously, wtf was up with those mercenary guys randomly showing up to help all of a sudden? Why were they enemies in the first place again, I don't even remember.
Mar 19, 2012 12:48 AM

Jul 2011
ciddypoo said:

Seriously, wtf was up with those mercenary guys randomly showing up to help all of a sudden? Why were they enemies in the first place again, I don't even remember.

they got hired by tabitha to help since they are mercenaries to begin with. IIRC they were hired by Joseph back in the previous episodes before to steal some mirror thing and kidnap louise.

anyways, i am too confuzzled at how this would end, i have no idea how everything would fit in just 1 episode. though, i kinda predict saito getting a weapon/plane/whatever and teleports back with either the eclipse or louise distress call ending up using that world gate thing. meh, i guess i'll have to wait and find out.
Mar 19, 2012 2:29 AM

Apr 2010
Does anyone have any idea if it is following the novel or fucking it? Well, I liked this series when it started, but I have learned not to take it that seriously.
Mar 19, 2012 5:32 AM

May 2011
Quick Saito! While you're in Japan, change your clothes.
Mar 19, 2012 7:08 AM

Jan 2012
ThePrincessRul3z said:
kenshin90991 said:
First off,

i do dislike louise now

gg Zero no Tsukaima gg

I see what ur saying
It makes alot of sense

Fuck you. Louise is delicate and small girl. You just can't understand her feelings. <3 Louise
Do you think this is a motherfucking game?
Mar 19, 2012 10:30 AM

Dec 2011
Half of me is wanting a good ending, but then the other half is hoping it will end crap just so i can give it a shit rating lol
Mar 19, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
wtf is going on

Mar 19, 2012 5:26 PM

Mar 2012
KazukiUchiha said:
Does anyone have any idea if it is following the novel or fucking it? Well, I liked this series when it started, but I have learned not to take it that seriously.

They haven't truly kept it close to the LN since it started, to be honest. It has kept about 50% of the story in place and ditched the other half for fanservice/perverted stuff, basically. The first three seasons were fairly close to the LNs in terms of story but after that they really started skipping ahead fast. Saito was supposed to keep his laptop when he came to Halkeginia and that was the first of many mistakes made.

To me the biggest mistake ever made was Saito's heroic sacrifice in Albion and how they botched it in the same episode and had him come back that quickly, the LN is far far better for how that turns out. After getting back to school after the war was over, Monmon told Louise to try the Familiar Summon spell (thinking that if he was alive it would not allow her to summon a new familiar, not realizing his runes had worn off due to his death/resurrection) because that would prove if Saito was alive but the gate opened and she thought he was truly dead, so Louise was going to jump off a tower to "meet Saito" again in death but that was averted and then her and Siesta went to search for him instead of being a crybaby in bed. Then Saito asked Agnes (who went searching for him on Henrietta's orders) and Tiffania (who leads Louise and Siesta to Saito's impromptu "grave") to say he was dead to Louise/Henrietta so he could do his own thing because he was no longer Gandalfr. He ended up saving Louise again when she opened a Summon Familiar portal and was calling out for help after being attacked by Sheffield and he got his runes back after that. They really botched it in the anime big time, it was far more epic in the LN! All in all, it took at least a month, probably close to 2 months before she saw Saito again and he did not magically appear in front of the school either, if she hadn't gone to look for him he would not have come back.. /facepalm

In fact, the emails he got from his mother is what spurs Louise to send Saito back in the first place, by having the Pope cast the World Door (not Louise) and having Tiffania use her memory erase void spell on Louise to get rid of her memories of Saito, which is the main plot of Vol 13/14. By now we have skipped to Vol 19 and beyond which is where Lukshana shows up and we are in new territory now. A LOT of plot has been skipped overall in the anime and most of it has been character development. Most of what we got in return was fanservice and many filler episodes that don't exist in the LN.

Louise actually says "I love you" to Saito a lot earlier in the LN compared to the anime, and no past tense bs either.. Volume 13 Chapter 2 to be exact, they were about to get it on until Tabitha interrupts.. as usual. Again in Volume 18 she offered to have sex with him but he turned her down for some ungodly reason, who knows what Saito is thinking. I guess the author just likes to ship tease every other chapter and wants to prolong the suffering of the hero/heroine. Blah.

Honestly, I am not surprised, JC Staff did it with Toaru Majutsu no Index I/II and Railgun as well and the LNs are what you should read if you want character development, but at least the protag and heroine have actually kissed/gone to 2nd base in ZnT, compared to Index they still haven't done anything at all but have sexual tension. I guess it makes sense, Misaka Mikoto is a bit younger than Louise is after all..
styrMar 19, 2012 5:58 PM
Mar 19, 2012 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
lol it was totaly not there where the first gate opened, it was in the middle of the street
they have no fkn idea what to do with the series rofl
Mar 19, 2012 5:36 PM
Feb 2012
Still, gotta love that wedding version I say yes...
Mar 19, 2012 5:57 PM

Jul 2011
That melodrama was ridiculously meh; whatever, as long as it doesn't end on a shitty note. Rather ZNT be remembered as a romance series between a girl and her knight than a boy and his harem.
Mar 19, 2012 6:23 PM
Aug 2011
styr said:
Again in Volume 18 she offered to have sex with him but he turned her down for some ungodly reason, who knows what Saito is thinking. I guess the author just likes to ship tease every other chapter and wants to prolong the suffering of the hero/heroine. Blah.

Where can you read volume 18? I can't find it anywhere... :L
Mar 19, 2012 6:33 PM
Feb 2012
who thinks saito find something else instead of a fighter jet?
Mar 19, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
NewBehtah said:
styr said:
Again in Volume 18 she offered to have sex with him but he turned her down for some ungodly reason, who knows what Saito is thinking. I guess the author just likes to ship tease every other chapter and wants to prolong the suffering of the hero/heroine. Blah.

Where can you read volume 18? I can't find it anywhere... :L

Vol. 18 Ch. 1 SPOILERS

Can you read Japanese? That's my only advice.. I translated (took me about 5 days to do this as I am still a novice to Japanese) the Chapter 1 part where they were about to do "it" but Saito wants to wait for marriage basically, but they almost did it in a fountain.. lol.. and would have if Saito had not pulled back, literally.
that is the extent of what happened, very close to R-18 material.

If you go on BakaTsuki and go to Vol 18 look at the first picture with the naked Louise in the fountain, that is the scene I am talking about. Although the picture shows the early part of the scene and only one of them is naked,
but she was over exaggerating what happened. Saito must have some god damn balls of steel or something to back out at that point.
Mar 19, 2012 8:01 PM
Jan 2012
prismheart said:
I'm predicting that by the end of next episode Saito will be embraced by another girl other than Louise and Louise will get mad and zap him, like always.

100% true
Mar 19, 2012 9:07 PM
Aug 2011
styr said:
Vol. 18 Ch. 1 SPOILERS

Can you read Japanese? That's my only advice.. I translated (took me about 5 days to do this as I am still a novice to Japanese) the Chapter 1 part where they were about to do "it" but Saito wants to wait for marriage basically, but they almost did it in a fountain.. lol.. and would have if Saito had not pulled back, literally.
that is the extent of what happened, very close to R-18 material.

If you go on BakaTsuki and go to Vol 18 look at the first picture with the naked Louise in the fountain, that is the scene I am talking about. Although the picture shows the early part of the scene and only one of them is naked,
but she was over exaggerating what happened. Saito must have some god damn balls of steel or something to back out at that point.

*sigh*.... I'm learning Japanese, it's been almost a year since I started. This is definitely a HUGE reason as to why I started anyway. Reading Japanese books, and watching Japanese TV. Thank you so much for telling me this. Is the novel still being translated? Because so far, it's only up to like chapter 4 in volume 15, and as far as I see, 20 volumes are released... :| There are supposed to be 22 and then the series ends. I just want to be assured if the translation is still continuing, because from what I see, the translations seem to be very far behind... Also, I kinda skipped ahead and started reading at volume 13... are there any other good Saito and Louise moments before that? Would love to know, because so far, it's much deeper than the anime implies :P
NewBehtahMar 19, 2012 9:10 PM
Mar 19, 2012 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
NewBehtah said:

*sigh*.... I'm learning Japanese, it's been almost a year since I started. This is definitely a HUGE reason as to why I started anyway. Reading Japanese books, and watching Japanese TV. Thank you so much for telling me this. Is the novel still being translated? Because so far, it's only up to like chapter 4 in volume 15, and as far as I see, 20 volumes are released... :| There are supposed to be 22 and then the series ends. I just want to be assured if the translation is still continuing, because from what I see, the translations seem to be very far behind... Also, I kinda skipped ahead and started reading at volume 13... are there any other good Saito and Louise moments before that? Would love to know, because so far, it's much deeper than the anime implies :P

The translation is extremely slow seeing as there is only one person working on it currently. Apparently it was a lot quicker for the first 12 volumes because there was a ton of people working on it but they ended up ditching it to work on Toaru Majutsu no Index and other projects. The current translator is moving at a snail's pace honestly and only 2 volumes have been done in 2 years, so it isn't looking good truthfully.

As for other good Saito x Louise moments... Volume 13 is where she finally says the 3 words Saito has been waiting to hear, then promptly has
This arc is never mentioned in the anime, because it is brought on by his laptop that is never brought to begin with, but I guess you could say this latest episode has some elements used, but AFAIK Saito never goes back to Tokyo in the LN.

If you really want to see a memorable scene between those two, you will want to read Vol 7 Ch 9/10 and Vol 8, as that involves Saito's sacrifice in Albion after being "married" to Louise and the search for him by Agnes and later Louise/Siesta. It is very touching especially in the later chapters of Vol 8, when Louise/Siesta reach Westwood village. I really hated how they handled this entire situation in the anime, I ranted about it in one of my previous posts in this thread that is full of spoilers.

Supposedly the last two volumes are being released this year. And yes the anime totally skips over a lot of things including her Illusion spell that she uses in the LN.
Mar 20, 2012 1:04 PM
Aug 2011
styr said:
The translation is extremely slow seeing as there is only one person working on it currently. Apparently it was a lot quicker for the first 12 volumes because there was a ton of people working on it but they ended up ditching it to work on Toaru Majutsu no Index and other projects. The current translator is moving at a snail's pace honestly and only 2 volumes have been done in 2 years, so it isn't looking good truthfully.

As for other good Saito x Louise moments... Volume 13 is where she finally says the 3 words Saito has been waiting to hear, then promptly has
This arc is never mentioned in the anime, because it is brought on by his laptop that is never brought to begin with, but I guess you could say this latest episode has some elements used, but AFAIK Saito never goes back to Tokyo in the LN.

If you really want to see a memorable scene between those two, you will want to read Vol 7 Ch 9/10 and Vol 8, as that involves Saito's sacrifice in Albion after being "married" to Louise and the search for him by Agnes and later Louise/Siesta. It is very touching especially in the later chapters of Vol 8, when Louise/Siesta reach Westwood village. I really hated how they handled this entire situation in the anime, I ranted about it in one of my previous posts in this thread that is full of spoilers.

Supposedly the last two volumes are being released this year. And yes the anime totally skips over a lot of things including her Illusion spell that she uses in the LN.

Damn, that's a big bummer... I guess all I can really do is continue learning and buy the novels from somewhere... It sucks that the translators all abandoned, and I was just getting into the story, too :(
Mar 24, 2012 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
Ok Saito... GET A FUCKING NUKE AND FUCK UP THEIR BITCH ASSES EARTH STYLE BITCHES!~!~!~!~!~!
Mar 25, 2012 10:45 PM

Sep 2011
Not gunna lie... almost teared, but I didn't. This series will need to try a bit harder to accomplish that! Sad nonetheless though. xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 17, 2012

71 by Toptenfunnymomen »»
Jan 5, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 23, 2012

381 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

120 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

77 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Feb 3, 2012

135 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.