Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2007 3:09 PM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rem was totally right, the new kira (forgot his name XD) is so creapy! He does anything for money and power. Light atleast had a nice reason....to make it a peaceful world, without crime....I know it's a bad thing, killing criminals, but atleast he had a bit of a good reason, the new kira does it for himself. Btw his laugh at the end totally creaped me out!
"If you die, I'll kill you!" - (one piece)

Sep 26, 2007 2:29 PM

Sep 2007
I'm glad to see it's starting to get interesting again.

Dec 20, 2008 3:18 PM
Apr 2008
Really interesting. I have a feeling the new Kira is going to get away with it.
May 10, 2009 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
WOW!!! its amazing how they're just playing with higuchi!! its amazing... hahahaha... he was getting so desperate.. hahaha!!! WOOHOOO!!! but i must say, matsuda's really brave.. i mean, yes, he might have not been as useful, but he is brave! i admit that.. i mean... he barged into the meeting before (yes stupid but you should admit, brave) and now he's willingly putting his life on the line...
Jul 10, 2009 8:48 PM

Dec 2008
oh shnaps awesome-well-thought-out plan.

queenofautumn said:
Rem was totally right, the new kira (forgot his name XD) is so creapy! He does anything for money and power. Light atleast had a nice reason....to make it a peaceful world, without crime....I know it's a bad thing, killing criminals, but atleast he had a bit of a good reason, the new kira does it for himself. Btw his laugh at the end totally creaped me out!

heh yeah and light was a better antagonist too.
Aug 7, 2009 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
Before i want to go.. but now i gonna watch next episode right now.
Aug 12, 2009 12:54 AM

Jun 2009
Good to know the show is back on it's feet.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 28, 2009 7:40 PM
Apr 2009
queenofautumn said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Not true, Light killed 12 police officers who were innocent. And the detective woman, and some other innocent people. He does everything to protect his name.

But this is kinda interesting O: I wonder what's gonna happen in the next 3 eps cause..
Oct 30, 2009 1:45 PM

Oct 2009
Finally, it got back to the basics. What made the beginning so good was that it was all about people's real names and using the Death Note, then they completely ditch that in the middle, and the show feels lost. I'm so happy it's starting to pick up again.
Nov 16, 2009 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
o_O I wish I could eat as many sweets as L and not get fat :D

Yeah, DN is starting to be interesting once again, but I just can't shake the feeling that evil Light is gonna be back. He has to be back. And soon. He would have never given up the death note if he hadn't made up a plan to get it back >:). I believe in his twisted way of thinking :D.

Dec 9, 2009 12:32 AM

Mar 2009
Oh light will be back soon., he's just waiting for that chance to get rid of L.
and this new Kira won't make it in time, lol he might as welll just give up because anything he does now will backfire because you can't stop L and Light if they team up, it's all been planned so the new kira is done. >.>

Dec 20, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
getting better. Making this sleaze bag panic has been interesting though. nice misa commercials lol
Jan 6, 2010 8:37 PM

Jan 2009
Intense ep, I guess everything is going according to plan?

Jan 31, 2010 6:13 PM
Nov 2009
Wow someone got played lol..The ending is EPic.
Feb 2, 2010 8:44 AM

Nov 2009
diamond9393anda said:
o_O I wish I could eat as many sweets as L and not get fat :D

Yeah, DN is starting to be interesting once again, but I just can't shake the feeling that evil Light is gonna be back. He has to be back. And soon. He would have never given up the death note if he hadn't made up a plan to get it back >:). I believe in his twisted way of thinking :D.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, im sure he'll be back soon with something major planned too!
Mar 7, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2010
holly cr*p that kira is nuts :O,and yeah i don't remember his name also xD

at least we're lucky that he stupid :),i give him ~2 more episodes before he gets caught

i didn't really like this episode anyway,i want more misa/light/l screentime :D

PS:i start to like the OP:
hey hey N*gger sucker
a n*gger N*gger f*cker xD
clannad4everMar 7, 2010 10:54 AM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 1, 2010 5:03 AM

Feb 2009
Getting really good and interesting again! Can't wait, watching next episode now.
Jul 13, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
Holy crap, my heart was beating near the end there. I think it's the music. If so... job well done!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Aug 28, 2010 1:44 PM
Jun 2010
My analisis for this episode: O.o
Nov 8, 2010 11:34 AM

Apr 2010
I don't understand how L (the intelligent, smart, genius L) didn't think about how Misa proved to new Kira(forgot his name) that she's the second Kira('how did she kill that man?!?' should L. think at first). And L thinks about everything, he's like a God, he knows almost everything(even that Light was Kira at first!!), but he didn't think about it.. At first, Death Note is great great great, I simply love it, but there are times when they didn't pay enogh attention... Too bad! :(

Nov 10, 2010 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
Getting intense. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 3, 2010 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
clannad4ever said:

hey hey N*gger sucker
It's "hey hey ningen sucker, ah ningen f*cker"

Anitnelav said:
Getting intense. :)
:)
crazyspinzDec 3, 2010 1:40 PM
Nov 21, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
-kassy- said:
I don't understand how L (the intelligent, smart, genius L) didn't think about how Misa proved to new Kira(forgot his name) that she's the second Kira('how did she kill that man?!?' should L. think at first). And L thinks about everything, he's like a God, he knows almost everything(even that Light was Kira at first!!), but he didn't think about it.. At first, Death Note is great great great, I simply love it, but there are times when they didn't pay enogh attention... Too bad! :(

I bet that L is noticing everything. He is just in position, where he can do nothing- the best he's able to do now is to wait for opening, and then he'll attack... if he gets the chance.
Apr 10, 2012 12:39 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is so good....because it makes you HAVE to see the next one.
Aug 1, 2012 4:13 PM

May 2012
Yea it's really getting good again! Up to the next episode :D
Sep 17, 2012 3:59 PM

Jan 2012
The new Kira is really crazy and scary. And the trap set up for him was awesome. I wonder how they plan to catch him.

Sep 28, 2012 8:06 PM

Nov 2011
I wonder what Light has planned. It would be terrible if they found out about Death Note.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 20, 2013 11:25 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was very good =D
Apr 22, 2013 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
Finally, things are getting interesting again.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 6, 2013 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
This new Kira is crazy,he is a pure assassin he only kills form money and power.
I prefered the old Kira...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
Oh ok things so intense

DarkShards said:
I wonder what Light has planned. It would be terrible if they found out about Death Note.

It's too late XD

AivanK said:
This new Kira is crazy,he is a pure assassin he only kills form money and power.
I prefered the old Kira...

Well, no one like this Kira, but I don't want old Kira too actually...
Light is better like that, working peacefully with L XD
"Signature removed"
Aug 13, 2013 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
clannad4ever said:
holly cr*p that kira is nuts :O,and yeah i don't remember his name also xD

at least we're lucky that he stupid :),i give him ~2 more episodes before he gets caught

i didn't really like this episode anyway,i want more misa/light/l screentime :D

hey hey N*gger sucker

*ningen
which means human
Nov 23, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
Yay, Yotsuba arc is about to end
Dec 13, 2013 5:37 PM
Aug 2013
Another epic episode, great plan.

It's a shame there's only a few episodes left before the good part of this show is over.
Dec 15, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Yeey nicely done, but as L I would be 40 if not more % sure that Misa and Light are Kira's.
Jan 27, 2014 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
this show should be called death trolls
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 26, 2014 8:02 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, this was an intense episode, the show's really back on it's feet!
Jun 5, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
I like Rem, I miss Ryuk though, I wonder if he comes back or not.
Sep 1, 2014 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
Still interesting. The new Kira is really annoying, though -.-
Sep 17, 2014 8:03 PM

Mar 2014
Getting interesting again finally. I almost put this show on hold again, but the end of this episode came so quick.
Oct 9, 2014 3:00 AM

Oct 2013
This is getting incredibly interesting indeed. The only problem is that everybody is about to become aware of the death note, which is going to be a problem for Light when he inevitably gets his back.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 3, 2014 8:14 AM

May 2013
I miss Evil Death Note Using Light.... Bring him back! Bring him back!
"A boy has the right to dream, for those endless possbilities are stretched out before him". We must remember... all men were once boys."
Mar 16, 2015 2:28 PM
Jan 2015
the new kira is so dumb he fell right into the trap
Mar 20, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2014
Well it was inevitable that sooner or later this guy was going to fuck up. He fails to grasp the meaning of the power he's holding and it's consequences, and clearly Rem gave Death Note to this guy in particular (out of rest) for this reason since it's more fitting for Light's plan. But let's see what he has to do next episode.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 25, 2015 10:47 PM
Nov 2014
Loved how they pressured the guy so bad in the end he becomes broken xD. DAT laugh though lol.
May 19, 2015 3:23 AM
Dec 2011
Meritas said:
-kassy- said:

I bet that L is noticing everything. He is just in position, where he can do nothing- the best he's able to do now is to wait for opening, and then he'll attack... if he gets the chance.
Meritas said:
-kassy- said:

yes i agree with you about L . L is waiting for an opportunity to attack ! :3
Jun 2, 2015 4:42 AM

Jul 2014
I laughed at Cosme Misa.

5/5
Aug 15, 2015 6:55 AM
Jan 2015
I don't think Matsuda can be saved now, but Light's plan will be heavily compromised when they discover the Death.....OMG, is like that? Light will get the Death Note back while trying to discover how the third Kira kills? Hum, that is some heavy gambit
Oct 3, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
This is when I thought things got a bit.. uncanny for me :o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 12, 2015 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
I don't have very high hopes for the rest of the show being as good as it started, but this episode was pretty interesting.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

62 by CirceOwO »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.