Episode Information
Forums

Pages (4) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Highschool DxD Episode 11 Discussion


Mar 17, 2012 4:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 791
I bet all the people who called this anime "overly predictable" weren't expecting this! (I wasn't until stupid people left spoilers in the other discussions).

This was probably the best(maybe 2nd best) episode of the season!

Its a shame this anime was rushed. The rating game lasted ..what, 2 episodes?

About this ep:
I was about to get pissed when they didn't show how Kiba defeated those three girls from the previous ep, but they made up for it in this episode by showing him fight another Knight, plus showing his "hidden" ability.

I don't really like how Issei pulled a new power outta his ass though. I did lmao when Issei destroyed that girl's clothes then immediately blasted her away!

I didn't predict that they would lose(until it was spoiled for me). Kiba was defeated almost outta nowhere. And I guess Issei's promotion went to waste..


And I'm sure none of us really believe that Rias will marry Phenex. (This is just my guess, but still..)
 
Mar 17, 2012 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 749
That... was awesome. I enjoyed it.
“See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good.
Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.”
― Hayao Miyazaki
 
Mar 17, 2012 7:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 570
This episode was exactly what I was looking for out of this series :P

But yeah, that kind of sucks that Rias resigned :x I guess she cares about Issei that much. How sweet. Still, now she has to marry that douche. I wonder what'll happen for the finale, and if it'll leave an opening for an S2...
UUUUUNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEE
 
Mar 17, 2012 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1101
Surprisingly enjoyable. If only the rest of the show was this good.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
 
Mar 17, 2012 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 196
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:
Then you're clearly watching this show with your eyes closed.


sadly im not. maybe i would like it better with eyes closed.


Then don't watch if it is pointless to you, mongrel.
 
Mar 17, 2012 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 311
:______: one episode to the end...
 
Mar 17, 2012 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1223
wow, i started watching this anime recently and i thought it was shit at first but it has gotten MUCH better, but this epicness dont mean shit unless the end it well next episode and then maybe they will get a 2nd season
 
Mar 17, 2012 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 373
Fuck. NTR route. Come at me bro.
 
Mar 17, 2012 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 512
Decent episode, but Issei powering up ad infinitum like that was a tad ridiculous.
 
Mar 17, 2012 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1324
Really - out of the six characters, was anybody suprised by those three getting taken out?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing a wedding. ;)
It won't go threw, but if it did - perfect set-up to a new series.

 
Mar 17, 2012 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1194
Intense episode, I practically NEEDED the ED to take the edge off. The fights were entertaining.

I was shocked to see Rias do that at the end, you could feel the heartbreak in Issei as Phoenix held her in his arms. I thought he would just gain absurd amounts of power and take down Phoenix shounen-style, although it was heading down that route when Issei acquired the second Boost phase.

Can't wait to watch the conclusion to this series next week!
 
Mar 17, 2012 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
When is the next episode, 12, coming out?
 
Mar 17, 2012 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8903
BlackKnight27 said:
Decent episode, but Issei powering up ad infinitum like that was a tad ridiculous.


It wasn't ad infinitum. His body broke down near the end or did you miss that?
 
Mar 17, 2012 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 45
as much as I like this anime I can't stand Issei and his constant babbling, I know what would have allowed them to win, if Issei had have shut the fuck up and blasted Raiser with his boosted dragon cannon from point blank range all would have been well and good but nope since this is an anime he has to talk for 5 minutes while he gets the shit kicked out of him, he suffers from something I like to call Allen Walker syndrome, the condition that many anime characters have where they have great power but get distracted to damn easily and therefore end up getting PWNED, one of the reason why D-Grey Man was painful to watch, I may be getting a bit sereous but this shit ruins anime, it doesn't add drama ffs it just makes the hero look pathetic, just sayin
 
Mar 17, 2012 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 663
It was a good episode but I really didn't think Rias was going to resigned. I totally wasn't prepared for that. And it hurt my eyes to see Rias in the arms of Raiser McDick.

I hope Issei blow that marrige to bits and I hope for a second season.
 
Mar 17, 2012 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 196
A pity this is still only the second book of the series. I guess we won't get to see Zenovia and Irina, and going further, Rossweisse and Cao Cao unless we get a second season.
 
Mar 17, 2012 11:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2627
d4n13lr0x said:
Fuck. NTR route. Come at me bro.

OH LOLOLOLOLOL.
 
Mar 17, 2012 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1121
amazing episode with a surprisingly small amount of naked girls compared to usual - didn't miss it too much however, as the ratings game was amazing to watch! a very sad ending, but i have a feeling everything will be turned upside-down in episode 12 - can't believe there's only one more episode...this show's been a real surprise to me in that it turned out to be very enjoyable - i was under the assumption when i saw previews that it would be an extremely average harem type anime along the lines of sekirei or something equally dull, however, it turned out to be funny, action-packed, and very moving at times - great show!!! let's all pray for a second season!!!
 
Mar 17, 2012 11:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 676
Well, I'll give this series A LOT OF CREDIT for not being so cliche and predictable.

Although, I still believe in the end, the "Good Guys" will win....like always.

It's not like Rias is really going to marry Raiser....obviously the crappy MC will rescue her or do something to stop the wedding.

However, I'm pleased with this episode and how I predict this anime will end.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure about a second season, but now I really believe this anime should get one.

Overall, this was the best episode so far, and this arc has been much better than I expected (then again I had ZERO expectations for this arc ).

5/5 for the episode, I will most likely give this anime a 7/10.

However, 10/10 for the ecchi :D
 
Mar 18, 2012 12:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
ichigo03 said:
Well, I'll give this series A LOT OF CREDIT for not being so cliche and predictable.

Although, I still believe in the end, the "Good Guys" will win....like always.

It's not like Rias is really going to marry Raiser....obviously the crappy MC will rescue her or do something to stop the wedding.

However, I'm pleased with this episode and how I predict this anime will end.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure about a second season, but now I really believe this anime should get one.


They already lost the game so problably they will win on the next ep so it can have a possible second season (i hope it , they have alot of nice stuff from the LN).
 
Mar 18, 2012 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 184
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:
^Another pointless comment from a pointless troll


not trolling. its my honest opinion. cause everythign happened sofar was pointless more or less. the whole fight was pointless. oh and i am soo sure the ending will be bad n pointless too. i put my hand in fire if its not. lol

did i hurt ur e-feeling or why u so butthurt ? damn fanbois

why cant you spell boy right? Im seriously asking ive never seen anyone misspell boys before.
 
Mar 18, 2012 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 169
sigh, what a disappointment.. can't believe this became ever more cliche.. seriously did not want to see Rias give up. can't expect much out of this anime anymore. so sad though, next episode I'm going to see such a weak Rias that it's going to piss me off -_-
tag©.androgynous
 
Mar 18, 2012 2:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 196
nostripe361 said:
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:
^Another pointless comment from a pointless troll


not trolling. its my honest opinion. cause everythign happened sofar was pointless more or less. the whole fight was pointless. oh and i am soo sure the ending will be bad n pointless too. i put my hand in fire if its not. lol

did i hurt ur e-feeling or why u so butthurt ? damn fanbois

why cant you spell boy right? Im seriously asking ive never seen anyone misspell boys before.


Well, not like I anything to do with this but he didn't mispell it, fanboi is a term that is somewhat like a slang, you see.

Though, I don't blame you for mistaking it. Afterall, the writer of this sentence is a mongrel who doesn't even bother to use uppercase and lowercase properly and the fact that he spell everything as "everythign", so far as "sofar" and use such broken language like "I put my hand in fire if its not", all this are the aspect of a fucked up retard who think he is so good at judging, one that will never amount to anything and that of a mongrel pointless troll.
Modified by Snow-Drop, Mar 18, 2012 2:30 AM
 
Mar 18, 2012 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8903
Jryou said:
as much as I like this anime I can't stand Issei and his constant babbling, I know what would have allowed them to win, if Issei had have shut the fuck up and blasted Raiser with his boosted dragon cannon from point blank range all would have been well and good but nope since this is an anime he has to talk for 5 minutes while he gets the shit kicked out of him, he suffers from something I like to call Allen Walker syndrome, the condition that many anime characters have where they have great power but get distracted to damn easily and therefore end up getting PWNED, one of the reason why D-Grey Man was painful to watch, I may be getting a bit sereous but this shit ruins anime, it doesn't add drama ffs it just makes the hero look pathetic, just sayin


You're missing the point that Phenix is pretty much immortal. Rias blasted off both his arms and he regenerated them in seconds. Issei is not strong enough to weild the god slaying full power of the Boosted Gear and that was made crystal clear more than once.
 
Mar 18, 2012 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1340
Let's see a immortal guy who can regenerate limbs in seconds vs A perverted high school boy who's just learning how to use the boosted gear= Fair match xD

Phoenix is the main bad guy for a reason, he isn't going to be beaten that easily :L
 
Mar 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4145
hope this sells good and gets a season 2 because i doubt he will be Phoenix next episode rofl
 
Mar 18, 2012 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 597
I liked this episode. Altough some scenes are cut from the LN, but still good.
The anime only covers volume 1 & 2. LN already has 11th volume and the 12th volume coming in april 20th. So yeah, LN is far more ahead. With lots of newcoming girls and villains.

Relunx
 
Mar 18, 2012 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3574
This episode was really entertaining. One of the best episodes so far. I can't believe Akeno lost to that bitch queen.
 
Mar 18, 2012 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2982
In the end she resigns anyway, wtf. Well, only more episode and this nonsense is over. I guess Issei will be "objecting" at the wedding ceremony.
 
Mar 18, 2012 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 461
Viking1337 said:
It was a good episode but I really didn't think Rias was going to resigned. I totally wasn't prepared for that. And it hurt my eyes to see Rias in the arms of Raiser McDick.

I hope Issei blow that marrige to bits and I hope for a second season.

xD

But I can't I disagree on any of it.
 
Mar 19, 2012 8:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1388
This would be very disappointing if there isn't any second season.

To be honest it's like they just based their anime on various intrigues of the 14th-18th Century among the nobility in Europe. Medici, Bourbon, Habsburg, Tudor, Orange, Borgia, etc. And then just added boobies, angels, demons, fallen angels, and put them in a modern backdrop.
 
Mar 19, 2012 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 3078
Welp, at least he tried.

Just hoping for a second season. I want to see Zenovia.
 
Mar 19, 2012 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 204
I'm still expecting to see Issei kill that phoenix bastard, and even take over his harem.

If that doesn't happen or anything like that to satiate my hunger for revenge, I'll be deeply affected.

Hahaha!
 
Mar 19, 2012 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 308
With them losing the game, as in the manga. It seems like there's going to be a season 2.
 
Mar 19, 2012 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2063
Wow this episode was..amazing. You know this series really isn't half bad.

Gaaah that dress...can't wait to see the next episode.
 
Mar 19, 2012 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 187
Ahmer said:
hope this sells good and gets a season 2 because i doubt he will be Phoenix next episode rofl


Agreed, this show has become quite enjoyable and exciting - and hell, if stuff like Queen's Blade can get multiple seasons, then THIS should get some as well.
Although the "uncensored"-incentive of the Blurays isn't quite as attractive, since the show is quite uncensored anyway...
 
Mar 19, 2012 2:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 736
I'm going to cry if this series ends the way the preview made me think it will. >_<
Speed is Life - 1st I.D... patch on my shoulder.

gunfacts.info
 
Mar 19, 2012 3:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 339
Relunx said:
I liked this episode. Altough some scenes are cut from the LN, but still good.
The anime only covers volume 1 & 2. LN already has 11th volume and the 12th volume coming in april 20th. So yeah, LN is far more ahead. With lots of newcoming girls and villains.

Relunx


Thanks, you made me more interested in reading the LN now...
 
Mar 19, 2012 5:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 8903
D5 said:
Relunx said:
I liked this episode. Altough some scenes are cut from the LN, but still good.
The anime only covers volume 1 & 2. LN already has 11th volume and the 12th volume coming in april 20th. So yeah, LN is far more ahead. With lots of newcoming girls and villains.

Relunx


Thanks, you made me more interested in reading the LN now...

You say that like it's a bad thing :P It's over on Bakatsuki
 
Mar 19, 2012 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 492
Had its moments but the last few minutes were tedious. It looked like the show was trying to take itself seriously there, which is kind of lame for a show of this sort.
 
Mar 20, 2012 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5
damn, my heart hurt a bit at the end of this episode
 
Mar 20, 2012 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 3911
Looking forward to Issei beating Raiser and getting her little sister.
 
Mar 21, 2012 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2022
Glad they actually didn't win. My opinion of this show improved a lot, but it will come down to the last episode after all.
 
Mar 21, 2012 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
I'm sure it's Ending will be Shocking....this might be an awakening of a new power....
 
Mar 23, 2012 7:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 420
I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU when Akeno died and then FUUUUUUUUUUUUU again when Rias resigned. BAD END MAN. GAME OVER. :S But one more episode.....
 
Mar 24, 2012 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 429
Why didn't they try capturing phoenix's sister and hold her hostage?
 
Mar 25, 2012 5:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2673
This was way better than expected, awesome episode.
Battles were very good.
I think Issei will stop Rias from marrying that bitch.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
 
Mar 25, 2012 10:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4773
Freaking awesome episode. The BGM was incredible and the drama was there (so was the fanservice but I'll pretend it never happened)

5/5


Sent with Mal Updater

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!
 
Mar 25, 2012 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3674
This episode was fucking epic and intense. Great BG music to go along with it making it even more epic. It got me so pumped up.

Gotta save everything to my neural hard disk!

Issei was beasting out, you just gotta love his determination and never giving up attitude. That was how he even got his sacred gear to change form. That was awesome the way he was able to knock out all those girls at once with Kiba. Holy shit Kiba's power is awesome.

That ending noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Damn it screw Raiser. Really looking forward to next episode, and damn this definitely need a season 2.
 
Mar 26, 2012 4:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
If Issei is worth 8 pawns, when he got promoted shouldn't it have made him equal to 8 queens?

Otherwise sharing the pawns with 7 other dead humans could equal out to having a team of 9 queens. I know its a silly thing to get hung up on but if you're gonna use a battle system based on chess... Doubling up pieces would break the game.
 
Pages (4) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 »