Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 16, 2012 6:17 AM

May 2011
DAMN!! A cliffhanger!

Now I just can't wait no more for the next episode! Hoping some plot twist here!
Mar 16, 2012 6:29 AM

Mar 2012
I'm really enjoying this series, and this ep was no exception. Koneko's defeat seemed a little premature for my liking since Rias said that she can defend against any attack earlier on in the series.
A restorative tear that instantaneously heals any wounds sounds like cheating, even with Asia there Akeno wouldn't of had enough time to heal so I guess that is just one more way that they are disadvantaged in to begin with.
And Kiba just went from a decent fighting knight to an awesome knight with an interesting ability.
Are you enjoying the time of EVE?
Mar 16, 2012 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
Wtf, that's not how Boosted Gear Gift works.
Issei is suppose to transfer his accumulated Boosts to his teammates.
They will get a large and temporary powerup from it. Kiba was suppose to be the one to unleash that UBW attack from Sword Birth. That's why the gear said Transfer.
Meh, Sword Birth was pretty awesome. I choked though when the subs said Sword of Betrayer *wink wink*

I gotta wonder who was the one who has the phoenix tear in Issei's end as in a Rating game, each team are suppose to get a portion to be used. Part of the strategy is who will use it. Or did Rias already use it(wasn't mentioned in LN.)
Then again, this is just an unofficial match since Rias isn't yet able to participate in real matches and they weren't given one. Pretty one sided and unfair match, both from the rules standpoint and the numbers/strength of the team.

Good thing the preview didn't show much coz it would really spoil things. I've been waiting for next episode ever since I've read it. Shit can't wait for it.
Time to crash the party.
Mar 16, 2012 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
How will they wrap this up in 1 episode? Is there going to be a second season :)?
Mar 16, 2012 8:35 AM

Feb 2012
@ Episode
5/5!
Cynic1Mar 16, 2012 8:40 AM
Mar 16, 2012 8:46 AM

Jan 2011
Epic episode is epic. Can't wait to see how Issei will handle this situation. He's gonna need one hell of a power up to take Phoenix down. Say what you will about him, but Phoenix is one badass mofo.
Mar 16, 2012 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
I doubt that Rias is getting married next episode. I feel like that doesn't even need to be said. Issei's going to sulk for a while then the rest of the group will build him back up and they'll go crash the place.
Mar 16, 2012 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode :D

Issei ultimately failed in the end, but gave it his all :).

Next episode looks like the typical why did I lose, then somehow beat the unbeatable using my loss as a learning curve thing.

Phoenix is a badass, even if he is a crap excuse for a human being, guess that what happens when you have immortal genetics.
Mar 16, 2012 10:41 AM
Aug 2010
I wonder that comment Phoenix made on accidental deaths being allowed will hold any weight. It's pretty clear that he was planning to kill Issei, even going so far as saying he will be incinerated beyond recognition. Sounds like it should be an automatic disqualification to me.
Mar 16, 2012 10:59 AM

Feb 2010
I was hoping Issei would do that clothes attack on the lolita chick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2008
Didn't not expect her to resign.... I was actually expecting a typical shounen last miniute power up attack.
Mar 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Dec 2011
Kiba was amazing. His boosted gear's 2nd form is so powerful.

Well next ep is Rias's wedding. :/ I dont want to see Rias go to that bastard Raizer.
Mar 16, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 2011
Nooo Rias what the fuck are you doing, I was waiting for issei to blast that fucker to ashes any second and then she resigns... WTF?!
Mar 16, 2012 11:20 AM

May 2010
Da fuck where the kick ass come back?, nope nothing i was like dont let it end like this.

Was Great Ep Just pissed the way it ended
Mar 16, 2012 11:46 AM
Jan 2011
belatkuro said:
Wtf, that's not how Boosted Gear Gift works.
Issei is suppose to transfer his accumulated Boosts to his teammates.
They will get a large and temporary powerup from it. Kiba was suppose to be the one to unleash that UBW attack from Sword Birth. That's why the gear said Transfer.
Meh, Sword Birth was pretty awesome. I choked though when the subs said Sword of Betrayer *wink wink*

I gotta wonder who was the one who has the phoenix tear in Issei's end as in a Rating game, each team are suppose to get a portion to be used. Part of the strategy is who will use it. Or did Rias already use it(wasn't mentioned in LN.)
Then again, this is just an unofficial match since Rias isn't yet able to participate in real matches and they weren't given one. Pretty one sided and unfair match, both from the rules standpoint and the numbers/strength of the team.

Good thing the preview didn't show much coz it would really spoil things. I've been waiting for next episode ever since I've read it. Shit can't wait for it.
Time to crash the party.

There is already a spoiler, man.
Mar 16, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
There's already multiple of spoiler posts in this discussion thread.
Mar 16, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
GO ISSEI!
I want a season 2!
Mar 16, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
My thoughts in the end: Bitch, Y U NO move out of the way T_T, issei could have absorbed the blast probably.
If not i may have misunderstood what his new booster does lol.
He's the main character, that makes him more immortal than the other dude.
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Mar 16, 2012 1:01 PM

Jun 2011
it better have a second season
Mar 16, 2012 1:08 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like that anime pulled the episode off beautifully, but now Im raging on how it ended on an NTR-ish tone. Can't wait for the Final episode!
Mar 16, 2012 1:26 PM
Feb 2012
This show is silly to no ends, but I will be a sad panda if it ends with the next ep... :(
Mar 16, 2012 2:14 PM
Mar 2012
I like this Anime, but it could be changed a little more. THe Pervyness of the Protag really gets me mad. But if they develop him and he starts to change more away form the pervyness and wanting a harem then I will love this show more. Right now I don't want this to end, but having a feeling it doesnt seem to be that popular. I still have hopes.
Mar 16, 2012 2:34 PM
Apr 2011
wow great episode but wtf at the end. all the fight from issei and she just gives up. hopefully he lays the smack down next episode to get his girl back. fuck that rias dude
Mar 16, 2012 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
TsukiumiFanboy said:
wow great episode but wtf at the end. all the fight from issei and she just gives up. hopefully he lays the smack down next episode to get his girl back. fuck that rias dude

I guess you missed the fact that Issei had pushed his body to the current limit to the point that any further boosts would only damage him from the inside. Then you have the fact that the Gremory care deeply for their servants. It's in their nature. Add to that the fact that she CLEARLY has feelings for him. It would have been strange if she HADN'T surrendered then. Phenix was going to deal enough damage to Issei so that no ammount of healing could save him.
Mar 16, 2012 3:59 PM
Mar 2012
Awesome ep. Sad I will have to wait a week to see the next ep and the next will be the last from this season (hope there will be more seasons).

It was a bit dissappointing that they lost after all they did, but would be strange if they won because they were at cleary disadvantage.

And that phoenix said he was going to kill issei, even knowing killing there is illegal if it isn't an accident lol.
diogoasouzaMar 16, 2012 4:04 PM
Mar 16, 2012 4:04 PM

Jun 2009
I'ma a bit dissaointed by how Boosted Gear is depicted here, dem boosts are kinda ridiculous with dat enrish voice. Other than that, it was rather well done, especially transfer to Sword Birth.
Can't wait for next ep though, done well should be epic.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 16, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
shadowtsunami said:
Kerozinn said:
another pointless episode of a pointless anime.

Agreed plus the plot is just ridiculous. Seriously they had it going pretty all right at the beginning and then it deteriorated into this simple and stupid girl doesn't want to marry guy affair.

I honestly pray this is sarcasm.
Mar 16, 2012 4:49 PM
Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
shadowtsunami said:
Kerozinn said:
another pointless episode of a pointless anime.

Agreed plus the plot is just ridiculous. Seriously they had it going pretty all right at the beginning and then it deteriorated into this simple and stupid girl doesn't want to marry guy affair.

I honestly pray this is sarcasm.

Same...
If its pointless to you guys then don't watch it
Mar 16, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2011
OrangeTigerXIII said:
ahhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so sad... can't wait for next episode

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH, yeah, same here...
Mar 16, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2011
Loved the episode!! But im not sure im gonna like how it ends...it seems like its slowing down and i wuld hav preferred it being resolved during all the hype.
Mar 16, 2012 5:37 PM
Dec 2011
The ending when Rias hugged that Phenix guy made me feel a bit NTRish
Mar 16, 2012 5:38 PM
Dec 2011
FakeDeath93 said:
Did you guys read the light novel?
Don't worry.It will be a happy ending for this season if you guys read the light novel.
Next episode will be full of Issei epicness.
Mar 16, 2012 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
Well, pretty intense episode with all the fighting and battle music. I was pretty surprised with the ending so let's see what happens next time :>

P.S. I'm sensing a wedding crash.
Mar 16, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
Aww that last scene really spoiled an otherwise very entertaining and great episode.

Absolutely loved Issei's sudden "thousand swords" attack, very pleasantly surprised. Was certain he would pull some sort of upgraded AoE version of his cloth breaker, not at all expecting those girls to be fully pierced by blades like that, quite graphical and almost as entertaining though.

Also I must say, even though Issei is the typical "weak-harem-hidden power-protagonist" which usually is so obnoxious, I'm actually liking him more with each episode.
Very touching when he displayed a true warriors heart, unwavering willingness to fight until death.. too bad that Rias had to interrupt and totally ruin his moment -.-'

Obviously that stumble was just a feint to pull the Phoenix guy away from his mage support (^.^)
EternalDreamerMar 16, 2012 8:11 PM
Mar 16, 2012 6:21 PM

Dec 2011
Wish the fights lasted longer, knight vs knight was really cool. I love "speed battles". The fanservice was in place as always, well done. I hope for an happy ending, since I can't stand the sad ones :)
Mar 16, 2012 6:26 PM

Nov 2011
nelsonbrabra said:
it better have a second season

There's an OVA in September I believe. I agree w/season 2 though.
Mar 16, 2012 6:28 PM
Dec 2010
Awesome episode. Fuck Raiser. That's all I have to say.
Mar 16, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
Hoping for a second season, awesome episode.
Mar 16, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
It's too much unclear either Issei's new power just channel sacred gears through himself to amplify their power or if it's actually saved in his dragon booster so that he could use it whenever he want.
Issei's body is at his limit and conveniently we got a sacred gear that focus on healing so I thought that maybe if Issei can save twilight healing in his sacred gear he could power up as much as he want since he'll be instant regenerating at the same time. Basically he'll have stronger power than anyone while having phoenix's regeneration.
Mar 16, 2012 6:58 PM

Jun 2009
after this episode, I can see a sequel coming.
just want to see issei killing raiser during the wedding ceremony lol
DRAGON BOOSTER!!!

Mar 16, 2012 7:19 PM

Feb 2009
Boosted Gear Gift. Like it says, Gift as in giving. It's suppose to give power to his teammates. You know how the Gear goes 'Boost' and Issei gains power. This new power is suppose to 'Transfer' those Boosts to his comrades, in this case Kiba.
Gift can also amplify a single attack. While it looks like BG absorbed Kiba's attack and released it, the truth is Issei just increased the power of that single attack by transferring his power to it, hence the BG saying 'Transfer'.
Mar 16, 2012 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
Raiser is gonna go down as one of the best villains of the year.
Mar 16, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2011
I swear when the boosted gear "changed" it looked as if it was part of a combat suit.
Maybe it is? I highly doubt it but it would be pretty bad ass to have a dragon like power armor.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 16, 2012 7:56 PM

Dec 2011
I liked it, but the ep 10 was better.

Rias giving up was bad. Hated it.
And Issei became totally useless in the end.
Mar 16, 2012 8:45 PM

May 2011
Absolutely awesome ep, the action in this series was just great, and one hell of a cliff hanger at the end. Gotta hand it to this show for really pulling things together and making this a very bad ass show.

I agree with Yume on the fan service bit. This series would have a 9 right now if they brought down the ecchi for the more serious moments, I did not agree with how they handled Asia's drama scene.
Mar 16, 2012 9:28 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode! Issei was bad ass in this one (except for tripping at the end...) Can't wait till the next episode to air. You know Issei is going to use the boost gear to the next level and pwn Raiser at the wedding. I'm looking forward to it and I hope there is a second season that follows.

Mar 16, 2012 9:44 PM
Mar 2012
Raiser is quite a boring guy, using his advantages as a Phoenix to torment his opponents.

If Rias didnt stop Raiser maybe Issei boosted gear could crash him down.
Mar 16, 2012 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
show has been pretty entertaining, too bad the last ep is going to be rushed like no tomorrow. i honestly don't know how well they will be able to fit the dialouge and action scenes together. may cut the op/ed???
Mar 16, 2012 11:06 PM
Jun 2008
yea so expecting next ep

1.wedding crasher/objection
2.”raiser let see ya grit those teeth!”.
3.more doobi
4.ONORE RAISER “We comin’ fo’ YOU d-bag sucka” now can you dig it sucka?!

yea waiting for ova & funi dub.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 16, 2012 11:34 PM

May 2011
best thing in this episode is Ravel having more screen time ... i love her

other than that episode was still awesome 4.5/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.