Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2012 8:33 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode is hands down exactly what I wanted in this series. Top notch fights with intense hits and counters along with nice weapons. That fire sword wielding knight was nice as a female. Reminded me of some other girl like that in anime. Regardless her sword is fake. The real one is owned by the Archangel Uriel.

The ambush was nice however KONEKO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! She disappeared, hence out of the game. Akeno facing that big breasted bitch was nice of her however she got defeated by her by thee end. Which proves she is strong.

Kiba was amazing! Unlimited Blade Works ground version! In the following,

Totally though of that when I saw that special move of his. Sadly he got pawned by the Queen of Phoenix Despite that he still got rid of 3 pawns.

While I do like the fact that Issei can now Amplify any special attack with his Boosted gear, I must say that it was better to see him fist and kick fight. Not to mention got the clothing shredder on the punching girl which does reveal that she has big breasts and a slender body ready for sex sadly already used by Phoenix and it got boiled in Issei’s beam so suffice to say too bad on that one Issei. At least Neural S.S.D. recording was done.

Certainly the ecchi aspect of one breast out naked and bare certainly seems to have been applies to Rias. Regardless of that I think her sacrifice at the end for Issei is noble and very much emotional so kudos for the drama.

Issei was pretty crazed up killing all these minions of Phoenix with his Amplified attack of Kiba. Loads of sword piercing made the girls looks like sad meat on a stick so to speak.

The fan service was kept at a decent rate to make outboasting of the action far better. Which should have been done from the start. The ecchi in this series is OK but when you have shit like Asia’s drama being ruined by ecchi it looks like too much is not good sometimes. That being said Seikon no Qwaser made that mistake too. Point being too much is just plain not good in some parts. Rias one breast out despite the action was at least well placed in the different segments. I am sure many would agree on the points they showed were good.

Finally PHOENIX YOU THE MAN! Pawning Issei like in the following,

Pfffffffff! That will teach him good. Phoenix is immortal and you nor Rias really is. That is the difference you failed at. Less you can prove yourself by shredding your body for some OVER 9000 immortal killer move, I doubt you will win. So I think of Issei.

Seriously this series should have been loads more about fights like this. I would have liked it a little more let’s say leave it at that for now.

About preview, BAD END? Oh no! No way is Rias really getting married to Phoenix? A wedding crash is to be called for! Issei…….can he pull that off and save Rias? May edit later.
Yumekichi11Mar 16, 2012 2:21 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 15, 2012 8:47 PM

Nov 2008
Akeno got pwned by Phoenix's second in command by underhanded tactics. Issei using his sacred gear to borrow Yuta's power was awesome and pwned all but that annoying gothic lolita, why did she have to remain standing, those Neko chicks were fast moving, fast attacking, and cute.

Looks like we get the bad ending as Rias agrees to marry Phoenix with one big desperate hug to save Issei's life and that means cruel old Phoenix wins but the battle was impossible to win anyway because he self regenerates in seconds meaning he's immortal and even then you have that cruel busty underhanded 2nd in command that would finish everyone off afterwards.

Mar 15, 2012 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Looks like we get the bad ending as Rias agrees to marry Phoenix with one big desperate hug to save Issei's life and that means cruel old Phoenix wins but the battle was impossible to win anyway because he self regenerates in seconds meaning he's immortal and even then you have that cruel busty underhanded 2nd in command that would finish everyone off afterward.
WRONG! It was mentioned that Issei's Boosted Gear can even kill a God that means something Immortal. The problem is:

A)How to crash the wedding will all there and all open to death since this is not a game anymore.

B)How to land a hit with the boosted gear on Phoenix?

C)Will any of it even be perfect to succeed? That hit misses and it's game over.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 15, 2012 9:33 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
Looks like we get the bad ending as Rias agrees to marry Phoenix with one big desperate hug to save Issei's life and that means cruel old Phoenix wins but the battle was impossible to win anyway because he self regenerates in seconds meaning he's immortal and even then you have that cruel busty underhanded 2nd in command that would finish everyone off afterward.
WRONG! It was mentioned that Issei's Boosted Gear can even kill a God that means something Immortal. The problem is:

A)How to crash the wedding will all there and all open to death since this is not a game anymore.

C)Will any of it even be perfect to succeed? That hit misses and it's game over.

A. The chances are certain the wedding will be crashed regardless of outcome at the end. Heck just barging in through the front door will work even if it ends up messy.

B. Issei will need dumber luck than most harem protags to even have a chance of touching Phoenix, however he could borrow powers from any of his harem or Yuta again like in this ep for area effect or range so he has a chance

C. Perfection in anime, keep dreaming, battles are won in anime by every mistake imaginable. Miracles are always in abundant supply as well.

Mar 15, 2012 9:51 PM

Jul 2010
Nice going Issei tripping at the most critical point.

Looks like there'll be wedding to crash...
Mar 16, 2012 2:29 AM

Nov 2007
Koneko disappeared...

Queen vs. Queen. And Knight already took care of all 3 of them!

The knight vs. knight.

The main guy is surrounded by rest of them. lol @ the sister of the enemy that doesn't battle. lol @ saying stupid.

Sempai and Sister going to the main.

Interesting sword of the knight. Can make any sword he wants.

lol @ everyone's reaction to his skill. Wow @ his gear bigger. And having knight's gear's power, his power is bigger. Queen got into the trap and lost. Knight, too, by the queen. Tear of phoenix?

The guy caught up, but Sister lost conscious when he protected her. He's already in limit now, but is not giving up. He pissed and is brutally hitting him, she cannot bear it and admit defeat.

Next ep., which is final ep., with sempai on wedding gown but Koneko said it's not over.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 16, 2012 3:31 AM

May 2010
another pointless episode of a pointless anime.
Mar 16, 2012 3:38 AM

Apr 2008
^Another pointless comment from a pointless troll
Darklight0303Mar 16, 2012 3:41 AM
Mar 16, 2012 3:47 AM

May 2010
Darklight0303 said:
^Another pointless comment from a pointless troll

not trolling. its my honest opinion. cause everythign happened sofar was pointless more or less. the whole fight was pointless. oh and i am soo sure the ending will be bad n pointless too. i put my hand in fire if its not. lol

did i hurt ur e-feeling or why u so butthurt ? damn fanbois
Mar 16, 2012 3:48 AM

Apr 2008
Then you're clearly watching this show with your eyes closed.
Mar 16, 2012 3:59 AM

May 2010
Darklight0303 said:

sadly im not. maybe i would like it better with eyes closed.
Mar 16, 2012 4:06 AM

Jul 2010
Next episode should be called 'The Lord of Roasted Chickens".

Mar 16, 2012 4:15 AM

Apr 2008
Kerozinn said:
Darklight0303 said:

sadly im not. maybe i would like it better with eyes closed.

Nah you wouldn't like it anyway. Since you're the type to just hate something just to be different from the rest. Don't bother denying it.
Mar 16, 2012 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,OWN BITCH!

Finally we got the action we were looking for!! YAY!!!

First Koneko disappear that made me sad.....KONEKO!! The queen bitch not only she did hurt Koneko last episode like that...this episode use dirty tactics to defeat Akeno....that bitch most pay sooner or later!!

Raiser was the highlight of the episode i really like him he was getting attack and he was only like:

To Risa....so badass.

Kiba "UBW" its pretty nice to bad he got own by the bitch also.....

Issei got a power up and own 5 pieces at the same time that was awesome but then!!!!....he got OWN by Raiser and show his place...for now since we can see all this "MC beats the badass villain somehow" next episode o.o

At then Risa save him before getting incinerate to dead by him...and lose.....all that boost gear for nothing at the end!!

Next episode Risa wedding and more i am so weak from issei and then some ACTION when they will crash the party to save Risa!! Lets see how it goes!!
Mar 16, 2012 5:44 AM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:

A. The chances are certain the wedding will be crashed regardless of outcome at the end. Heck just barging in through the front door will work even if it ends up messy.

B. Issei will need dumber luck than most harem protags to even have a chance of touching Phoenix, however he could borrow powers from any of his harem or Yuta again like in this ep for area effect or range so he has a chance

C. Perfection in anime, keep dreaming, battles are won in anime by every mistake imaginable. Miracles are always in abundant supply as well.

You all should at least read LN so that you're not surprised of what happens
Mar 16, 2012 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
I'm excited about the next episode....but the LAST :(
Mar 16, 2012 5:55 AM
Aug 2011
With you there Yumekichi11, totally felt like Unlimited Blade Works.

That face Rias made at Issei, she totally fell for him for sure now.

I hope this show gets another season, light novels for it are running strong.
Mar 16, 2012 6:11 AM
Jun 2009
Maybe in the next episode in the conclusion of the Raizer arc. We will get to see Issei in the Dragon Mail and beat the $I-I!T out of Raizer.
Mar 16, 2012 6:14 AM

Feb 2012
This Episode is Freaking Amazing. 5/5. I'm so speechless right now.
Mar 16, 2012 6:17 AM
Jun 2008
only words say on it ONORE RAISER!!!

yea that d-(bleep) raiser win yea all it total beatdown on issei to point burn cook issei alive yet his body can re-generate GRR ONORE RAISER indeed.

give battle hey we got unlimited blades in it too.

but now we got rias being damsel in distress now yea no way see rias being part of raiser's HOE-SKI!!!

yea one ep left we're so wanting either get biggest objection/wedding crasher to really like "raiser let see ya grit those teeth!".
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 16, 2012 6:17 AM

May 2011
DAMN!! A cliffhanger!

Now I just can't wait no more for the next episode! Hoping some plot twist here!
Mar 16, 2012 6:29 AM

Mar 2012
I'm really enjoying this series, and this ep was no exception. Koneko's defeat seemed a little premature for my liking since Rias said that she can defend against any attack earlier on in the series.
A restorative tear that instantaneously heals any wounds sounds like cheating, even with Asia there Akeno wouldn't of had enough time to heal so I guess that is just one more way that they are disadvantaged in to begin with.
And Kiba just went from a decent fighting knight to an awesome knight with an interesting ability.
Are you enjoying the time of EVE?
Mar 16, 2012 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
Wtf, that's not how Boosted Gear Gift works.
Issei is suppose to transfer his accumulated Boosts to his teammates.
They will get a large and temporary powerup from it. Kiba was suppose to be the one to unleash that UBW attack from Sword Birth. That's why the gear said Transfer.
Meh, Sword Birth was pretty awesome. I choked though when the subs said Sword of Betrayer *wink wink*

I gotta wonder who was the one who has the phoenix tear in Issei's end as in a Rating game, each team are suppose to get a portion to be used. Part of the strategy is who will use it. Or did Rias already use it(wasn't mentioned in LN.)
Then again, this is just an unofficial match since Rias isn't yet able to participate in real matches and they weren't given one. Pretty one sided and unfair match, both from the rules standpoint and the numbers/strength of the team.

Good thing the preview didn't show much coz it would really spoil things. I've been waiting for next episode ever since I've read it. Shit can't wait for it.
Time to crash the party.
Mar 16, 2012 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
How will they wrap this up in 1 episode? Is there going to be a second season :)?
Mar 16, 2012 8:35 AM

Feb 2012
@ Episode
5/5!
Cynic1Mar 16, 2012 8:40 AM
Mar 16, 2012 8:46 AM

Jan 2011
Epic episode is epic. Can't wait to see how Issei will handle this situation. He's gonna need one hell of a power up to take Phoenix down. Say what you will about him, but Phoenix is one badass mofo.
Mar 16, 2012 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
I doubt that Rias is getting married next episode. I feel like that doesn't even need to be said. Issei's going to sulk for a while then the rest of the group will build him back up and they'll go crash the place.
Mar 16, 2012 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode :D

Issei ultimately failed in the end, but gave it his all :).

Next episode looks like the typical why did I lose, then somehow beat the unbeatable using my loss as a learning curve thing.

Phoenix is a badass, even if he is a crap excuse for a human being, guess that what happens when you have immortal genetics.
Mar 16, 2012 10:41 AM
Aug 2010
I wonder that comment Phoenix made on accidental deaths being allowed will hold any weight. It's pretty clear that he was planning to kill Issei, even going so far as saying he will be incinerated beyond recognition. Sounds like it should be an automatic disqualification to me.
Mar 16, 2012 10:59 AM

Feb 2010
I was hoping Issei would do that clothes attack on the lolita chick.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2008
Didn't not expect her to resign.... I was actually expecting a typical shounen last miniute power up attack.
Mar 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Dec 2011
Kiba was amazing. His boosted gear's 2nd form is so powerful.

Well next ep is Rias's wedding. :/ I dont want to see Rias go to that bastard Raizer.
Mar 16, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 2011
Nooo Rias what the fuck are you doing, I was waiting for issei to blast that fucker to ashes any second and then she resigns... WTF?!
Mar 16, 2012 11:20 AM

May 2010
Da fuck where the kick ass come back?, nope nothing i was like dont let it end like this.

Was Great Ep Just pissed the way it ended
Mar 16, 2012 11:46 AM
Jan 2011
belatkuro said:
Wtf, that's not how Boosted Gear Gift works.
Issei is suppose to transfer his accumulated Boosts to his teammates.
They will get a large and temporary powerup from it. Kiba was suppose to be the one to unleash that UBW attack from Sword Birth. That's why the gear said Transfer.
Meh, Sword Birth was pretty awesome. I choked though when the subs said Sword of Betrayer *wink wink*

I gotta wonder who was the one who has the phoenix tear in Issei's end as in a Rating game, each team are suppose to get a portion to be used. Part of the strategy is who will use it. Or did Rias already use it(wasn't mentioned in LN.)
Then again, this is just an unofficial match since Rias isn't yet able to participate in real matches and they weren't given one. Pretty one sided and unfair match, both from the rules standpoint and the numbers/strength of the team.

Good thing the preview didn't show much coz it would really spoil things. I've been waiting for next episode ever since I've read it. Shit can't wait for it.
Time to crash the party.

There is already a spoiler, man.
Mar 16, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
There's already multiple of spoiler posts in this discussion thread.
Mar 16, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
GO ISSEI!
I want a season 2!
Mar 16, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
My thoughts in the end: Bitch, Y U NO move out of the way T_T, issei could have absorbed the blast probably.
If not i may have misunderstood what his new booster does lol.
He's the main character, that makes him more immortal than the other dude.
First now realised that I can't get a signature because disabled BBCode e.e
Mar 16, 2012 1:01 PM

Jun 2011
it better have a second season
Mar 16, 2012 1:08 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like that anime pulled the episode off beautifully, but now Im raging on how it ended on an NTR-ish tone. Can't wait for the Final episode!
Mar 16, 2012 1:26 PM
Feb 2012
This show is silly to no ends, but I will be a sad panda if it ends with the next ep... :(
Mar 16, 2012 2:14 PM
Mar 2012
I like this Anime, but it could be changed a little more. THe Pervyness of the Protag really gets me mad. But if they develop him and he starts to change more away form the pervyness and wanting a harem then I will love this show more. Right now I don't want this to end, but having a feeling it doesnt seem to be that popular. I still have hopes.
Mar 16, 2012 2:34 PM
Apr 2011
wow great episode but wtf at the end. all the fight from issei and she just gives up. hopefully he lays the smack down next episode to get his girl back. fuck that rias dude
Mar 16, 2012 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
TsukiumiFanboy said:
wow great episode but wtf at the end. all the fight from issei and she just gives up. hopefully he lays the smack down next episode to get his girl back. fuck that rias dude

I guess you missed the fact that Issei had pushed his body to the current limit to the point that any further boosts would only damage him from the inside. Then you have the fact that the Gremory care deeply for their servants. It's in their nature. Add to that the fact that she CLEARLY has feelings for him. It would have been strange if she HADN'T surrendered then. Phenix was going to deal enough damage to Issei so that no ammount of healing could save him.
Mar 16, 2012 3:59 PM
Mar 2012
Awesome ep. Sad I will have to wait a week to see the next ep and the next will be the last from this season (hope there will be more seasons).

It was a bit dissappointing that they lost after all they did, but would be strange if they won because they were at cleary disadvantage.

And that phoenix said he was going to kill issei, even knowing killing there is illegal if it isn't an accident lol.
diogoasouzaMar 16, 2012 4:04 PM
Mar 16, 2012 4:04 PM

Jun 2009
I'ma a bit dissaointed by how Boosted Gear is depicted here, dem boosts are kinda ridiculous with dat enrish voice. Other than that, it was rather well done, especially transfer to Sword Birth.
Can't wait for next ep though, done well should be epic.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 16, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
shadowtsunami said:
Kerozinn said:

Agreed plus the plot is just ridiculous. Seriously they had it going pretty all right at the beginning and then it deteriorated into this simple and stupid girl doesn't want to marry guy affair.

I honestly pray this is sarcasm.
Mar 16, 2012 4:49 PM
Mar 2012
Darklight0303 said:
shadowtsunami said:
Kerozinn said:

Agreed plus the plot is just ridiculous. Seriously they had it going pretty all right at the beginning and then it deteriorated into this simple and stupid girl doesn't want to marry guy affair.

I honestly pray this is sarcasm.

Same...
If its pointless to you guys then don't watch it
Mar 16, 2012 5:06 PM

Dec 2011
OrangeTigerXIII said:
ahhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so sad... can't wait for next episode

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH, yeah, same here...
Mar 16, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2011
Loved the episode!! But im not sure im gonna like how it ends...it seems like its slowing down and i wuld hav preferred it being resolved during all the hype.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

34 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.