Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 17, 2012 2:51 PM
Mar 2012
HikaruIzumi said:
Solastyre said:

I meant the whole provoking deal to raise Koha's other self. She did the same with Yomi--making her feel awful and awakening DM so her pain can be erased. Very effective, if you ask me, but a little risky. I should have worded my previous post more clearly, so thanks for pointing that out.

Oh, sorry, I guess I misunderstood that. My bad. I just wanted to clear that out because it's possible for people to think that. Saya's hella good at acting, she should have been an actress instead if you ask me.

Solastyre said:

It would be interesting if the otherworld existed irl. My other self would be getting the daylights beaten out of her because I just got owned at a Forensics tournament. XD

LOL Poor my other. I tend to be depressed over tiniest problems when I feel like it. She'd be used as an official punching/stabbing bag. XD

No problemo. The more we can clarify, the less arguments we'll have, which is always a good thing.
And yes, definitely. She would have a lot less trouble with unstable children and probably make a much better salary.

LOLZ. Other selves of modern teenage girls in my school... death everywhere in the otherworld. But in general, I'm quite apathetic, but when I get stressed studying for exams and whatnot... prepare for Insane Mode.
Mar 17, 2012 3:24 PM

Dec 2007
Loved the BGM this episode. And Yuu beating the shit out of iBRS was hilarious.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Mar 17, 2012 4:22 PM

Oct 2009
Someone mind making a gif of Strength slamming and throwing IBRS around? And the rail punch thing too?
GogettersMar 17, 2012 4:25 PM
Mar 17, 2012 4:35 PM

Dec 2009
Ah, episode 7. We're almost to the finale, the end of the train ride. And it was pleasant too, we get to see a bit of action conveyed through squabbles with people's emotions in the Real World.

First off, we get the whole story of the Rainbow bird getting killed by taking in so many colors, no need to buy the book now(if it even existed). <3

We get some questions answered in the episode, including the confirmation of the theory of STR and Yuu having switched places in the two worlds. They also reveal that BRS's power does not come from Mato's love for positive emotions, but rather, her hatred of negative emotions, and BRS comes to destroy these sorrows and woes for the people in the real world to forget the pain. Lolwut. What if that sorrow came from something like debt or something? Forgetting it certainly won't make it go away. XD

But luckily, these depressive emotions are not about something so deep.

We also get some awesome action from STR and iBRS. Nice steampunk arms, STR, But I hate you for having the "easy" way out. Switching with your other self to have the most easiest job in the world, simply to fight and survive. I'd rather be in a world like that too, where there's no work but violence, but somehow I do not sympathize with her. Probably because she was laughing in a retarded manner.

Back in the Real World, Yuu(who is actually STR), seems to have merged with STR(who is actually the depressed Yuu from last episode) to stop iBRS from destroying the world, leaving her unconscious body at the shore. Mmm, we also get to see those delicious legs~ <3

After a while, Saya finds her body and takes it back home. I don't know if Yuu's body is now immortal thanks to STR, but it's still a bit of questioning involved for that. Saya also realizes her uselessness in the situation, as she is not totally connected with BGS.

At school, Yomi comes with her red string stuff in her hair when she is informed of Mato having disappeared yesterday. Everyone was murmuring about it, while Yomi seems to have become surprised, and ran out the door. She starts having painful thoughts that she could not explain, and kept walking around. When she got to the roof, she finally realizes that Mato is her friend.

And back in the real world, the dead Dead Master under the canyon of dead sorrows, starts to twitch, meaning she may stil bel alive.

In the preview, we get to see BRS returning- and getting her ass raped by iBRS. Wat. I guess Mato finally realizes that she is not iBRS, but BRS, the awesome blue flame girl O-o
With Dead Master seemingly alive, wouldn't it be awesome if she came and gave a hand with BRS to fight her purple self? And with Kagari seemingly to start remembering the painful feelings, Chariot may come back as well. Although, I wodner how she will operate with her head separated.

On a side note: I HOPE IN THE END, THE POLICE FIND SAYA WITH MATO AND ARREST HER, PUT HER TO JAIL FOR BEING A TOTAL DICK TO MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS AND KIDNAPPING. :D

I know she didn't really kidnap Mato, but it's a wishful thought. <3

...No not really, I came to not care about Saya anymore.
DallySkyeMar 17, 2012 4:48 PM
Mar 17, 2012 4:41 PM

Aug 2011
I found this episode to be quite a lot to take in, but very enjoyable all the same. Interesting how Yuu and STR switched, also I hope to see all the otherworld characters active again if DM is coming back. Reunion time!

Love STR's weapons. The mechanical fashion in which she transforms and empties bullet shells is marvelous to watch.

Can't wait for the final ep (already!). After seeing the preview on the first page, I need to change my pants.
Mar 17, 2012 11:38 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this anime could've been a gem. But though rushed, it turned out pretty well. I look forward to the finale.
Mar 18, 2012 4:09 AM

Apr 2011
zahodnik_miensk said:
Rozziu said:

I still don't get one thing:
Does Yuu is the same Yuu? I mean, this girl, who Saya met few years ago. Because I had the impression, that she isn't... (err, something like that...)
So why aren't they in this same age?

When Saya met Yuu, Yuu was in the middle school (fifth or sixth form) and Saya, maybe, was a graduate. That is why several years afyer Yuu is still a schoolgirl and Saya is a professional psychologist.
Actually, why people who commented before me didn't say about the tragedy of Saya? She is trying to protect all this girls and not to be punished by goverment and police, but she can do nothing wirh it... For person who really like kids it's so hurt, even more that all fights in the Black Rock Shooter world...

Then why in Saya's story wasn't Mato?
After all, she was very close friend to Yuu in childhood and Yuu was a cheerful girl. In Saya's story she hasn't got any friends and she was a bit depressed.
And now Yuu hasn't got shadow.
Does this mean that Yuu and STR interchange their worlds?
Mar 18, 2012 9:28 AM
Mar 2012
Rozziu said:
zahodnik_miensk said:
Rozziu said:

I still don't get one thing:
Does Yuu is the same Yuu? I mean, this girl, who Saya met few years ago. Because I had the impression, that she isn't... (err, something like that...)
So why aren't they in this same age?

When Saya met Yuu, Yuu was in the middle school (fifth or sixth form) and Saya, maybe, was a graduate. That is why several years afyer Yuu is still a schoolgirl and Saya is a professional psychologist.
Actually, why people who commented before me didn't say about the tragedy of Saya? She is trying to protect all this girls and not to be punished by goverment and police, but she can do nothing wirh it... For person who really like kids it's so hurt, even more that all fights in the Black Rock Shooter world...

Then why in Saya's story wasn't Mato?
After all, she was very close friend to Yuu in childhood and Yuu was a cheerful girl. In Saya's story she hasn't got any friends and she was a bit depressed.
And now Yuu hasn't got shadow.
Does this mean that Yuu and STR interchange their worlds?

The episode showed that Saya's friend Yuu (who was about the same age as Mato's friend Strength!Yuu) switched places with Strength (the first one->Strength!Yuu). Based upon how Mato was friends with Strength!Yuu since kindergarten, I would say that Strength!Yuu was sort of "reborn" after the switch->hence why it seems that "Yuu" hasn't aged at all. The original Yuu and Strength!Yuu are separate entities. The original Yuu became the Strength that's beating the crap out of IBRS and doesn't age anymore, while Strength!Yuu does
Mar 18, 2012 10:01 AM

Jun 2008
Taufiq91 said:
So the entire world of BRS are created by periods?

Lol. I guess that explains why boys have no little avatar fighting boy dudes. They are too stable. :p

Anyway nice fighting and all, don't have much to add, now lets see the conclusion.
Mar 18, 2012 11:12 AM
Jun 2008
Can't tell if I really like the anime or really hate it...
Mar 18, 2012 3:59 PM
Mar 2012
Monad said:
Taufiq91 said:
So the entire world of BRS are created by periods?

Lol. I guess that explains why boys have no little avatar fighting boy dudes. They are too stable. :p

You know, a lot of the biatchyness that girls go through during that time of the month is psychological, and I for one am completely unchanged during those days. And I wouldn't say that boys are all very stable. But hey, it's just girls in the anime because fanservice. Always fanservice.
Mar 19, 2012 2:32 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, I really want to know what happens next. Yomi might just manage to save this... 4/5.
Mar 19, 2012 6:58 AM
Mar 2012
rezasyahputra said:
i don't really understand about this . the one that fight with Insane black rock shooter is yuu and the yuu outside is Strenght ? they were trade places , am i true ?

Yup :)
Strange twist but it works.
Mar 20, 2012 12:23 AM
Dec 2007
Solastyre said:
rezasyahputra said:
i don't really understand about this . the one that fight with Insane black rock shooter is yuu and the yuu outside is Strenght ? they were trade places , am i true ?

Yup :)
Strange twist but it works.
Funny how people said this very same thing the last episode, I think, yet some fans kept fervently shooting down the idea. Well, for all who didn't believe it the show explicitly told us now: Yuu is a basket case full of crazy and Strength is the nice one. Also, Yuu is Saya's friend while STR is Matou's friend, which might explain some of the inconsistencies. It also explains why "Yuu" helped Matou link with Black Rock Shooter even though this would have been counterproductive to the real Yuu's and Saya's plans.
Leon-GunMar 20, 2012 12:26 AM

Mar 20, 2012 4:16 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty good. Info is always nice.

I can't believe this is over next week dammit...
Mar 21, 2012 2:01 PM

Jul 2008
not sure if this was mentioned before, but the title of the episode is actually the quote written on the box of the 1/8 scale figure made by Good Smile Company :P

this one: http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/2362/BLACK+ROCK+SHOOTER.html
Mar 21, 2012 9:36 PM
Aug 2011
I thought this sh*t is gonna end at it's 9th episode,
but what the f*** did they do???
Screw them as*****!

I'm not being rude^^
Mar 22, 2012 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
This show has taken a strange turn, still very good though lol
Mar 22, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome fights, and the emotions, truthfully brings one to tears. I already feel it being too rushed, but seeing as it is, I'll wait and see to the last ep/conclusion. This series is too epic !!

Mar 25, 2012 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
And so this confirms the Yuu-Strength identity switch theory. It was Strength all along who was Mato's friend. The real Yuu was only acquainted with Saya. Now that Yomi's memories are returning, we see Dead Master get revived. Most likely as BRS's ally this time. Will that happen to Kagari and Chariot as well? We'll see with the finale at episode 8.
Mar 25, 2012 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
And so this confirms the Yuu-Strength identity switch theory. It was Strength all along who was Mato's friend. The real Yuu was only acquainted with Saya. Now that Yomi's memories are returning, we see Dead Master get revived. Most likely as BRS's ally this time. Will that happen to Kagari and Chariot as well? We'll see with the finale at episode 8.
Mar 26, 2012 5:01 PM
Mar 2010
So we get confirmation about Strength and Yuu. Nice twist and glad to see Yomi remembered Mato. Although I would have liked this to develop over a longer time, with only two episodes left, I guess it had to be put in this one.

Great fights and after being apprehensive about the animation at first, I like it now. Although I probably would have preferred something similar to the ova.
Mar 27, 2012 12:53 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good episode, wish it was a bit longer though for more development. xD
Mar 31, 2012 3:23 AM

Jan 2012
ah, kids finally learning what friends really means...

I finally get it so its pretty much would you rather go through emotional pain of the real world or the physical pain of the fantasy world. I still don't get why the fantasy world matters since the real world characters can still feel physical pain anyway. what kind of pain do they really shoulders? and what does the line "... someone else is shouldering your pain" means? at first i thought that it was your friend/receiver/the other one but seems like i'm wrong.

cool concept but bad story line.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 31, 2012 5:14 AM
Feb 2009
NoobHunterD said:
ah, kids finally learning what friends really means...

I finally get it so its pretty much would you rather go through emotional pain of the real world or the physical pain of the fantasy world. I still don't get why the fantasy world matters since the real world characters can still feel physical pain anyway. what kind of pain do they really shoulders? and what does the line "... someone else is shouldering your pain" means? at first i thought that it was your friend/receiver/the other one but seems like i'm wrong.

cool concept but bad story line.

This is how I see it:

When you feel emotional pain, your other self blows it off by fighting. They have no feelings, all they do is fighting. And at the same time, they protect your self by not dying and thus not letting your memories fall apart, because otherwise your entire self would be like gruyère cheese, all full of holes and thus flawed.
Apr 3, 2012 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
4/5, too much in one episode, lol.
あらあら。。。
Jun 12, 2012 2:41 PM

Mar 2012
This series could have been longer than it should.

So Yuu had a different way to escape her problems by actually switching with Strength and fighting in the alternate world. And with what seems like Yomi's memories returning, Dead Master is going to be revived. Can't wait to see how the final episode plays out.
Jun 18, 2012 7:52 PM

Mar 2009
I have absolutely no idea what's going on.
Jul 11, 2012 2:31 PM
Feb 2008
So is Yuu still young because she switched places with Strength? Cause Saya and her were friends but only Saya has aged like 10-15 years and Yuu is still the same. If Saya was so worried about Yuu why even let her leave in the first place? Why does BRS want to blow up everything in the first place or is it because Mato keeps her emotions so bottled up that they have overflowed into something so negative? also lol at that bird story, it comes off as cute at first then you find out the bird withers and dies and it's like wtf Mato?

Then again I guess it's a hint at how she tries to ignore the bad feelings of the world with this pollyanna act.

The 2d art of the Otherworld was neat. looked like the art from the guy who did TTGL
thatguyJul 11, 2012 2:35 PM
Sep 15, 2012 12:45 PM

May 2012
Just an epic episode nothing more to say than it was great! Up to the final episode of this Anime! Hopefully it will be a good ending!
Oct 6, 2012 3:49 AM

Jul 2012
Mormegil said:
I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

I'm right there with ya...
"Ally to good, nightmare for you."
Nov 17, 2012 5:04 AM
Jul 2018

Yomi, please save Mato!
One last episode to watch.
Jan 7, 2013 9:38 PM

Feb 2012
KaitoDash said:
tsubasalover said:
LadyOrihime said:

NEXT EPISODE:

BLACK ROCK SHOOTER vs. INSANE BLACK ROCK SHOOTER

Preview Screen Caps:

Wow, really?? BRS vs. BRS?? Just wow!!

That looks really epic.
Jan 25, 2013 6:54 AM

Dec 2012
I begin to understand why many people rated it low. The anime is too rush, but then there is not much to talk about besides emo girls and fighting so it may gets old pretty quick. Other than that, I have nothing to add. Plot is quite clear now.
Feb 2, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
thatguy said:
So is Yuu still young because she switched places with Strength? Cause Saya and her were friends but only Saya has aged like 10-15 years and Yuu is still the same. If Saya was so worried about Yuu why even let her leave in the first place? Why does BRS want to blow up everything in the first place or is it because Mato keeps her emotions so bottled up that they have overflowed into something so negative? also lol at that bird story, it comes off as cute at first then you find out the bird withers and dies and it's like wtf Mato?

Then again I guess it's a hint at how she tries to ignore the bad feelings of the world with this pollyanna act.

The 2d art of the Otherworld was neat. looked like the art from the guy who did TTGL

I agree with this wholeheartedly! Now it makes a little more sense to me. Final episode is probably going to be pretty good it looks like!
Apr 10, 2013 1:52 AM

Jan 2013
Another good episode.
Amazing animation
Jan 20, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing battle ^_^
Always-HungryJan 20, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 28, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2014
The relationships among the girls in the real world was far more interesting than the over the top nonsense fights in the other. I understand what they were trying to do but they didn't have enough episodes to properly execute it.

the shift of focus towards the other world instead of keeping it as a symbolic representation just derailed the whole enjoyment for me.

fundamental human relations trumps meaningless fights.

6/10
Oct 17, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
so many things happened in one episode..at least saya turned out to be good in the end..i think
Feb 7, 2015 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, this was just about perfect even though I knew Strength switched with Yuu.
The question now is - will they destroy the world and her shelter with it?

I bet in final ep everyone stands out against Yuu.
And I wonder if other will get their feelings back.

Edit: I have the feeling it was Yuu who burned the house.
Feb 19, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2010
Good episode, setting things for the grand finale.
Mar 6, 2015 5:45 PM

Feb 2015
Another great episode... Yomi didnt forget Mato after all.
Apr 5, 2015 9:34 PM

Nov 2014
Everything's ramping up and it's clear that A LOT was implemented here in order to explain everything. Unfortunately it's so short that it feels somewhat rushed for the climax and there was a lot to take in considering the story and purpose becomes much clearer.

As seen, Saya can no longer contact BGS or the Otherworld anymore since Strength saved/locked her within that domain. Unlike Saya's attempt, Yuu (Strength) was able to awaken Mato once she passed out but still trapped within IBRS' conscious, however she's partially able to prevent IBRS from harming Strength. BRS' creation was due to Mato's self-conflict and the need to rid of possible, future troubles and worries of hating others and being hated by erasing other peoples negativity through BRS (as explained by her mother and Yuu, she's caught "in-between" and has a lack of rather gloomy emotions and feelings).

Mato despairs and comes to realization that BRS isn't her and shares sympathy with the Little Bird becoming muddied with colours. Sure enough, it seems she finally knows that she's been trying to hide from her fear but Strength loses it and starts blaming Yuu that it's all her fault from not protecting her and starts going on a rampage to fight IBRS while seemingly enjoying the pain.

Based on Strengths' defeat by BRS and gaining emotions through Yuu, the real Yuu switched places with Strength in order to avoid the outside world where she was tormented. The Yuu that Mato has been friends with the entire time was Strength herself (in Yuu's body) while the real Yuu was actually staying hidden from reality (real Yuu during the battle: "You have a duty to protect me! Isn't that right, Strength").

The insane cannon lance surfing was quite the spectacle and a thrill to watch all the action sequences, particularly Strengths' dual guns. It was nonsensical and gave me a chuckle though when Strength started whacking IBRS across the platform like a rag doll and drained some of the serious tone out of the situation. Yomi remembers of Mato now rather than just another student in her class and something hurting inside her (Dead Masters' return with that eye twitch).
Set_linApr 6, 2015 1:39 AM
Aug 9, 2015 3:55 AM

Nov 2009
Stupid story is near its stupid conclusion, cant wait..
Jul 31, 2016 9:40 AM

Feb 2015
Gunsword surfing through a sea of fire is definitely one of the coolest things in anime ever. :D
Nov 17, 2016 5:50 AM

Mar 2015
I dont understand this show, LOL.

Why suddenly Yuu/Strength becomes the main of this show? I thought she was side character.

3.4/5
Dec 9, 2020 4:23 PM

Aug 2018
Raijin-sama619 said:
I dont understand this show, LOL.

Why suddenly Yuu/Strength becomes the main of this show? I thought she was side character.

3.4/5

Really what the fuck is going on?
Feb 14, 2021 6:47 AM

May 2015
I feel bad for BRS. She's fighting for Mato but Mato herself is fighting BRS. BRS is definitely my favourite character in this series. Especially because of the last episode. Its the one episode in this series I vividly remember from all those years ago.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 19, 2022 12:58 AM
Jan 2020
Still utter shit, nothing makes sense. Imaishi God carried this episode.
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM

May 2020
Well we knew after last episode Yu and Strength switched places, so yeah we got it spelled out this time. Also Dead master's coming back next episode it seems, unsurprisingly.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2012

191 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 5:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.