MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Natsume Yuujinchou »» Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

61 53.98%
4 out of 5: Liked it

36 31.86%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 13.27%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.88%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 113

09-01-08, 5:26 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this RAW. I really don't like that Natori guy. He kills and harms spirits. I know about exorcism but even one such myself that knows about them, knows that there are ways of sending them sometimes of the spirit does not do anything exorcists leave it alone because it would be bad karma on them to exorcise in certain circumstances.

This being said this guy already had two of them by seeing two lizard like shapes on his skin. Could be some sort of contract or condition between him and his Youkais since I only saw RAW.

Nyanki sensei is amazing! Good guardian work as usual. His light is amazing also since I did see him use it like he does in this episode.

I wonder what is Natori going to do with the Youkai at the end that Natsume saved.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.

09-01-08, 10:22 PM

This lizard shadow is a youkai for itself, who "lives" and walks around on his skin.
The youkai Natsume saved got a name (didn't forget it) and she decided to follow Natori, as far I as understood.

I think it was a good placement for this episode to happen, since the lone stories every episode were nice but we need some change. We need other people being able to see youkai (who should appear more often than once) and some viciousness to handle in the last episodes

09-02-08, 2:41 AM

HoaRyK said:
This lizard shadow is a youkai for itself, who "lives" and walks around on his skin.
The youkai Natsume saved got a name (didn't forget it) and she decided to follow Natori, as far I as understood.

I think it was a good placement for this episode to happen, since the lone stories every episode were nice but we need some change. We need other people being able to see youkai (who should appear more often than once) and some viciousness to handle in the last episodes

So technically he has 4 Youkais that we see.

Yeah, for the Youkai to follow Natori, is well erh, strange cause he tried to exorcise and Youkais do not like those people.

About other who can see, there is this guy in school that has dark hair that inquiries about Natsume and what is he up to. There is also Sawada but she does not see them but future episodes would and should have her as some person that gained special powers suddenly and can sse the Youkais.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.

09-05-08, 2:44 AM
Anime Moderator

It was still a very good episode, the pace was faster than in previous episodes. I enjoyed it a lot.

!Moderators needed! Database Guidelines Report Abuse Master of war with plasma swords.

09-05-08, 8:25 AM

wait wat 13 eps? :<

09-05-08, 10:01 AM

I just wanted some thing now that I saw the subbed version. Too bad for that curse and the shaman who put it on. I would try to send this spirit back to a safer place then to roam around the mansion.

I CANNOT AND CANNOT stop LOL at the scene Bunta Neko VS Chirichiri. 1000$ on Bunta Neko! ^_^

I also agreed that Natori's methods are too brutal and harsh to exorcise demons.

Next episode looks like a spirit running out time and wants to borrow body to do something by Natsume is hesitant....well DUH, even I would not do it if asked randomly but give me time to know the spirit and one may consider his ways.

09-05-08, 10:03 AM

I wanted to post this separately:

Anyone know WHAT IS A KOTO?

Anyone knows why a spirit would need to use that, especially while running out of time?

SEEKING SOME ANSWERS...I AM.

09-05-08, 12:36 PM

lol well this was a good episode. there are peopel who exorcise youkais like that too. the ones that follow him probably have their own reasons. at the very least hes not going out of his way to exterminate them just because he can.

09-05-08, 1:16 PM

It was nice to finally have Natsume meet someone else who can see youkai and who has had to deal with them. At first I wondered if he was after the Yuujinchou for his own purposes, but that didn't end up being the case which is a good thing. The only real complaint I had with this episode was that it didn't really explain what caused the change in Natori other than having to constantly deal with youkai like Natsume. Then again I guess there's only so much you can cover in a 13 episode series.

09-05-08, 1:34 PM

Absolutely_Steve said:
It was nice to finally have Natsume meet someone else who can see youkai and who has had to deal with them. At first I wondered if he was after the Yuujinchou for his own purposes, but that didn't end up being the case which is a good thing. The only real complaint I had with this episode was that it didn't really explain what caused the change in Natori other than having to constantly deal with youkai like Natsume. Then again I guess there's only so much you can cover in a 13 episode series.

Is supposed to be 26?

09-05-08, 1:38 PM

Once again a great episode. What I really enjoy about this series is that there aren't any bad guys :D I mean, even if Natori seems bad for exorcising the youkai the way he does, he's still a good guy, very much like Natsume. They look quite alike too, maybe to show what kind of person Natsume may become in the future.

It's sorta sad though, now that it's official that there will be only 13 episodes. It can only continue with the oneshot stories and introducing new characters, so the ones that we already know, like Tanuma and Sasada, won't get much screentime or development :/

09-05-08, 1:40 PM

angel999 said:
...Is supposed to be 26?
Only ever been stated as 13 :'<

Absolutely_Steve said:
...didn't really explain what caused the change in Natori other than having to constantly deal with youkai like Natsume.
I really want to know that too, since he started out all Natsume. And brings up the question, could Natsume's opinions/methods also change later on? I doubt it though since he's since a sweetheart! :D

09-05-08, 8:14 PM

Great episode, as always.

09-05-08, 8:52 PM

Another really enjoyable episode, too bad this series is only 13 episode long=/

09-06-08, 10:59 AM

Definitely the best episode so far! so it's confirmed that it will be 13 episodes? >:

09-06-08, 11:02 AM

I really like his pet Youkai birthmark. It's a great idea, is welldone and kind of cute.

09-06-08, 2:27 PM

Buta Neko vs Chiri Chiri, the fight of the Century ;)

Great episode as usual !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

09-06-08, 2:39 PM

Triethanolamine said:
Another really enjoyable episode, too bad this series is only 13 episode long=/

I don't understand. At first it was 26...why now 13? Don't tell it is the baka budget cuts!

09-06-08, 3:45 PM

^ i thought it was always planned as only 13 episode..

well anyhow, a good episode yet again. i dont like that Natori guy for some reason.

this anime reminded me of xxxHOLiC a bit. not that's a bad thing though

09-06-08, 10:40 PM

Nice episode! I liked Natori and his birthmark.
Fat Sensei lolz

Next episode looks really good, i think im gonna love it as well xD

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices