Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 17, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
I like the girl who looks like Wednesday Addams, I wonder if they did that on purpose.

Ekutah said:
Well, if she was right, no one would remember.
So I would kill the extra.

It not about if you would,
It's more of if you could.

I mean, that person is your classmate afterall, and even if no one else would remember, you would have to live with it.
Nov 13, 2013 3:49 AM

Jan 2013
So what should i say...
Shit happens xD
I hope that Akazawa is not the dead student...she is so cute :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 19, 2013 3:55 AM

Mar 2010
Loving this climactic build! Looking forward to the next!
Jan 13, 2014 8:37 AM
Jul 2013
More explanations, now Mei has the responsibility to find the extra person in the group.
Jan 13, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2013
Akazawa is probably the dead person....But i love her and i dont want her to die so i hope she is not the Another xD
Jan 16, 2014 8:43 AM
Oct 2011
Great episode.
Y U NO SIGNATURE
Feb 22, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2010
this turns out to be so awesome...

my bet is on Izumi or the librarian
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 13, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an amazing episode!!

We've learned a lot about Misaki's past and what happened before Sakakibara went to Yomiyama school.

I have a either Akazawa or Teshigawara is the extra student. Akazawa since she doesn't remember that she previously met Sakikabara back then. And since Sakikabara doesn't remember her, i have a feeling his memories were altered back then.

Teshigawara because he's acting a little strange and funny. He might be faking it.

Wow seeing that death color was freaky as hell!!

So Mei's mother is not her biological mother since she had a miscarriage. So that's why they're not that close to begin with. But seeing as she still gave Mei a cellphone, she must still have some feelings to Mei.

So Mei's sister is the first victim huh? We can finally confirm that Mei is indeed the person in the first episode in the elevator. Still i don't know how she managed to be unnoticed by Sakakibara in the first place.

She already have the ability to see the dead? But i remember that she had an "accident" and that her foster mother gave her a doll eye since she doesn't think a natural eye is beautiful.

Teshigawara you idiot, just as Mei was about to tell who the dead person is.

Last 2 episodes!!! I wonder how will this turns out T__T
Apr 26, 2014 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
awesome episode! most of it explained now!!! the story unravels pretty well!
Jun 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
so many secrets revelaled. wonder why she felt it necessary to keep the dead persons identity a secret up until now. kidna surprising for me.

also the first meeting scene of mei and sakakibara is now explained
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 27, 2014 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
Just saying, the music at 8:35 is f**king amazing!
Jun 30, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
Another fantastic episode! Looks like Teshigawara has killed someone... I assume he thought they were the extra person. My bet is either Akazawa or Mikami. It was also very nice to see Mei's backstory, even though it's really sad.
Jul 15, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2010
God dammit. So if Mei isn't the extra. . . then. . . Teshigawara? I don't think so. I don't know! I'm so confused. Looking forward to the next episode! God damn these cliff hanger moments!
Aug 17, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2008
So Misaki can tell who the extra is with her weird eye, getting over how that's possible, DAMN YOU TESHI!!! You trolled us for a second time.

And damn it looks like a massacre for the next episode.
Sep 5, 2014 11:43 AM
Sep 2014
omg just when they're about to get somewhere HE FUCKS UP AGAIN
Sep 27, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2014
So Misaki-san have an eye witch can see who is death or alive.... interesting point.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 19, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2014
Yet another huge cliffhanger???!!!!? Come on! The eye was a really interesting development. And the picture was pretty creepy.

I can't stop watching this show. And did Tenshi kill someone? Someone else was sharpening scissors... Looks like people are going to start killing one another now.
Jan 21, 2015 11:11 PM
Jun 2013
of course they would cut the name out. you cant really blame her. Its more the students fault for not telling sakakibara the low down. ok if your eye can do that WHY NOT USE IT! ok now its a little your fault. A power like that could of been really helpful a good amount of episodes back.
Feb 5, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2014
Holy this is intense. I can't wait to see how this ends.
Apr 5, 2015 9:56 PM

Oct 2013
yeah that was friggin intense. Great atmosphere this episode. When Teshigawara burst into the room at the end it surprised the heck out of me.

Good backstory for Mei, too.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 5, 2015 9:56 PM

Jan 2014
So, she can see who's connected with death with her doll eye.
Kewl, but knowing who is the extra person won't change anything? lol
And that blondie at the end... He killed that guy? Nice.
I love when history repeats itself. History is full of creepiness :D :D
Apr 18, 2015 2:49 AM

Feb 2013
Goddammit! That banging at the end scared the living hell out of me lmao! The atmosphere in this show is amazing. Also did blondie just kill glasses kid >_<!!???

But yeah, great episode. I kinda figured the way to stop the calamity would be to kill the dead one among them. I honestly think its gonna end up being the red haired girl.

Also I really enjoyed Mei's backstory, it was actually quite sad.

Anyways I can't wait to watch the last 2 episodes and see how this all wraps up. I never thought Id end up enjoying a horror anime this much.
Shape430Apr 18, 2015 2:52 AM
May 31, 2015 6:51 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I just love this anime. Mei is great :)
We are heading into a great final *-*

Jul 16, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
Kind of sketchy if they're going to consider killing someone now just because the class's weirdo girl with a morbid sense of humor is claiming her doll eye can "see the color of death". I mean, of course it makes perfect logic in an anime (for some reason), but if you apply real life logic to it ...

I'm starting to feel this anime could benefit from being a lot, lot shorter. Maybe just a movie. It does have a very cool concept, some nice twists and so on, but it just feels very artificially drawn out. The first half where the main character was constantly kept in the dark, every single time some big revelation is about to happen before something suddenly happens pushing it to the next episode, and so on and so on.
Aug 29, 2015 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
bellellis said:
Kind of sketchy if they're going to consider killing someone now just because the class's weirdo girl with a morbid sense of humor is claiming her doll eye can "see the color of death". I mean, of course it makes perfect logic in an anime (for some reason), but if you apply real life logic to it ...

I'm starting to feel this anime could benefit from being a lot, lot shorter. Maybe just a movie. It does have a very cool concept, some nice twists and so on, but it just feels very artificially drawn out. The first half where the main character was constantly kept in the dark, every single time some big revelation is about to happen before something suddenly happens pushing it to the next episode, and so on and so on.

there are curses in real life in the first place
Oct 17, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
Mei can tell who the ''another'' is, and yet she chooses to keep quiet about it?

''I didn't think finding out would change anything'', my fucking ass
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 24, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2015
You couldn't have waited FIVE MINUTES before murdering someone?! Also I really hope that they tell Izumi that Mei's sister died. Then Izumi would have to apologize to her for a change.

Honestly the eye "plot twist" is a tad annoying. I mean as soon as we heard about the "extra" I think we all had an inkling that this was the reason why Mei covered her left eye. It's a fake eye. A doll's eye. I realize this is a supernatural show, but come on, you can't see out of a fake eye.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Feb 7, 2016 9:53 PM

Sep 2012
For a second I thought she was getting shot as she was about to reveal who the dead person was.
Mar 15, 2016 4:33 AM

Mar 2010
So I was right with my assumption that killing Another erases them from the memory of others. I have to say I'm disappointed about Mei's eye, though. I mean, what a cop-out. It sure is convenient she can tell who is the dead one, isn't it? I'm not mad she hasn't tried to do it before - as she said, it wouldn't change anything because she didn't know the dead one had to be killed again - but I feel it could have been resolved differently than giving some pupil a random superpower. I would have preferred it if they had to do it through some kind of deduction. You know, use their wits etc. I know the dead are supposed to be indistinguishable from the living, but they should have been able to find a way.
Anyway, I still like it.
Apr 16, 2016 5:02 AM

Mar 2016
obviously we would get a cliffhanger at the end of the ep
Apr 22, 2016 4:27 AM

Jun 2014
Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me?
This whole time she could have figured out who the ghost is, but didn't for basically no reason?
That got to be the biggest Deus ex machina bullshit I have seen a quite some time.
Jul 31, 2016 10:53 AM

Oct 2015
who was the person dead on the ground in the end?...
Oct 29, 2016 5:34 PM
Jul 2016
Can they kill Teshigawara for causing two cliffhangers in a row?
Nov 26, 2016 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
How convenient, they can listen to the whole tape except the guy's name.
The way to "stop" this is predictable too. --' So... it's Misaki's fault now because they wouldn't want to tell before about the rules and everything to MC?

I wasn't expecting that death, or whatever happened the last minute.

Anyway, even so, I'm enjoying this anime so far. Even though at first I thought I wouldn't.
Dec 22, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 10 - Glass Eye:

Matsunaga says "send them back to death, where they belong" this is a complicated situation.

Akazawa right to the point like always, is not Mei fault anyway.

Mei eyes allow her to see when a people is close to his death or when something is death.

If Mei is telling the truth then now she must be confident of the death person.

Tomohiko Kazami death, Teshigawara kills him? like with Matsunaga and his schoolmate. Maybe Teshigawara killed cause he thinks Kazami was the death one? This is what uncertain can cause.

4/5
ArakitoDec 22, 2016 11:29 AM
Feb 4, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2017
Why do I feel like Teshigaware is the one that's dead?

I guess we shall see who it really is
May 2, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
I loved that Sakakibara x Mei part lol.

So Sakakibara did meet the pigtail girl before.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Sep 18, 2017 11:48 PM

May 2013
Dayumz, Mochi managed to fix that tape? Pro status af *applauds* ;P

Sometimes I find it quite easy to pick up the hints given in this series. The asthma bag was panned on screen and I was like O. A sign.

That old photo gave me chills, mang D: *shudders*

WHO IS ITTTTTTT?!?!?!?!!!

Nov 10, 2017 5:11 AM
Apr 2014
ok so it did start in the correct month. You'd think in a situation like that anybody would keep track of the families. I mean the teacher didn't even know that Reiko's sister died during the phenomenon back then. At least it was more difficult to find out for Mei's sister but someone should have looked into it. Does the police know about the "curse"? I honestly can't remember :P If they do they should know who died connected to the class during that time at least.

And that end... if that guy started killing because he thought that is the extra person he is just stupid.
Apr 17, 2018 10:38 PM

Aug 2014
Oh god, I have a feeling everyone is going to turn against each other. Next episode may be very intense..
Apr 18, 2018 9:45 AM

Sep 2017
So, did that blonde motherfucker kill an actual person?

And Misaki knows who the extra person is. Great.
Why don't she tell the name now?

If I was Misaki, I would have been like,

"Fuck that dead guy. We never gave a shit right? Also, the extra person is the blonde guy/his quiet friend/your aunt/me/Izuki/library guy". Don't let others interrupt you. And you wanted to fuck Sakakibara anyway.

More importantly, how did that blonde motherfucker do it without consulting and also know that Suckakibara was in Misaki's room?
JeremiahOrangeApr 18, 2018 9:51 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 11, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2016
Comic_Sans said:
Mei can tell who the ''another'' is, and yet she chooses to keep quiet about it?

''I didn't think finding out would change anything'', my fucking ass

Yep, what a bunch of absolute bullshit.
Jan 3, 2019 6:12 PM

Jun 2015
so mei knows who the extra person is but kept quiet about it for months? what the hell, it would've been so useful and should've been said the moment they found out killing the extra stops the calamity.
honestly i dont think the extra person is actually a student. there's been way too many hints and the death of the teacher, that says the victims of the calamity are teachers too. whilst the extras before were students, the plot twist would be that it wasn't a student all along, since some classes count teachers on the rosters. that could mean the librarian, but i dont think he'd be the dead one since he has all the information in the first place, plus he's the librarian and wouldn't be on the roster.
this would mean either the new teacher, or that assistant teacher, mikami.
Mar 28, 2019 3:37 AM
Oct 2018
mei is pretty stupid for knowing who another is and keeping quiet..the hell?
lowk ship her and mc tho
May 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Dec 2018
Sooo, Izumi did really met Kouichi. I wonder why did they forget, probably cuz they're meeting not really memorable.

So the curse altered some part of the tape, why did they even bother when you only altered about the part about the name? smh.

Lol, Misaki have to apologize for not being ignored again? She do it because no ones want to play that role. They're the ones who should apologize.

Well that last scene was WTF. I have a guess a long time ago that Kazumi was the dead one since he has pale skin.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 17, 2019 6:39 PM

Aug 2014
My bet that the death person is either Izumi Akazawa as she somehow already met Kouichi but no one remembers it so it has been altered. Or Naoya Teshigawara, because he doesnt wan't to believe he is dead person and he is too cheerful. But I think the first one Akazawa is more probable.

I want to add that its not spoiler I did not read manga I am on 10 episode now watching, but I am pretty sure.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 22, 2020 4:25 PM

Apr 2020
I wonder who got killed?? I wonder who the dead is? Ahhhh so many questions.

Another great episode!
Jun 9, 2020 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
Okay i get why Mei didn't do anything about the extra person before. She just didn't know that they are supposed to get killed.

Damn, i'm so bad with telling which part of character's names are their first names and which are their surnames LMAO.
So weird with Misaki name/surname being used a lot.. haha i thought Misaki Yomiyama was Mei's ancestor. bruh.
Mei has an interesting bittersweet backstoryfor for sure.

TWO QUESTION THOUGH.

Why Mei's eye has this power? WHY? It's obscenely convenient.

Why didn't Mei bring up that her sibling's death could be the start???

WHY MEI WHY.
I'm kinda mad at her..

I hope they will tell us why the curse has started and revolves. What was so special about Misaki Youmiyama?

I wish i could like this show, i liked the idea of 'one classmate is a ghost'.

-------
P.S.: Izumi's the extra!! That's my bet for the next ep
Jul 4, 2020 8:05 AM

May 2018
Are the students in the class going to murder each other next episode?
Aug 18, 2020 4:47 PM
Aug 2020
why tf I'm watching this at 2 AM in a pitch dark room :0
the episode was pretty intense i can't believe mitsuki had that ability all that time and was silent about it like bitch????da fuq???
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.