Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 14, 2012 4:59 PM

Apr 2011
That is the first time an anime has ever, ever made me jump in my life.

Epic.
Mar 14, 2012 5:51 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit!! well I already had suspected all they had to do was getting rid of the "another", but hell next episode looks like they started a manhunt!
Mar 14, 2012 6:50 PM

Aug 2007
So, Misaki had a twin.
And now we know more about the past. IAnother chapter that ends with a dead.
Mar 14, 2012 8:08 PM

Oct 2011
So . . . how exactly does one see through a glass eye?

Personally not too fond of a "I see dead people" kind of thing, though I knew it was a possibility; it comes off as . . . too convenient for them to find the extra now? I'm just not a huge fan of the supernatural, to be honest. I would've loved this series more if it were a serial killer disguised as a curse or something lol.

I enjoyed the insight on Mei's past, though. The clips of her and her twin are sweet. But now I can't remember; when Mei brought the doll to the hospital, was it a birthday present? Or just her giving it to Misaki like promised, even though it wasn't actually their birthday? If it were the former, boy, that's a depressing birthday.

As for the ending, I don't think Teshigawara actually killed what'shisface. Rather, he just spilled the beans about killing the extra. But I guess we'll see what happens.
I wonder more about how he knew to go barge into Mei's room lol. Not upset 'bout the interruption because I knew we weren't going to find out.
Sometimes this show just tries too hard and I can't take it seriously. I started laughing when they were having the conversation after listening to the tape since the music got way too over dramatic.

This show actually didn't do anything for me the first few episodes, then I got more interested during the middle, and now it's declining again. I think the beach episode's what started it. But hey, the next episode looks good.
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Mar 14, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
>>So . . . how exactly does one see through a glass eye?

Same reason how a dead person can go back to school and alters everyone's memories and most flabbergasting-ly..the freakin electronics data.

Soooo eye patches have ghost-detecting abilities, perhaps already known the identity of extra from said ability, and decided to just shut up all through several deaths of students and their families. Now that's a bitch.
Fan of mature, dark, non-cutesy school uniformed choked fan service BS anime.
Mar 14, 2012 9:47 PM

Oct 2010
Meepy said:
But now I can't remember; when Mei brought the doll to the hospital, was it a birthday present? Or just her giving it to Misaki like promised, even though it wasn't actually their birthday? If it were the former, boy, that's a depressing birthday.
It's cause it was Misaki's favorite doll when she went to Mei's house. Hence Mei knew she wanted it and she gave it to her. The birthday may have been the day Mei chose to give to her, while she was already dead in the Morgue.

That is creepy but a promised kept and done.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 14, 2012 10:20 PM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Meepy said:
But now I can't remember; when Mei brought the doll to the hospital, was it a birthday present? Or just her giving it to Misaki like promised, even though it wasn't actually their birthday? If it were the former, boy, that's a depressing birthday.
It's cause it was Misaki's favorite doll when she went to Mei's house. Hence Mei knew she wanted it and she gave it to her. The birthday may have been the day Mei chose to give to her, while she was already dead in the Morgue.

It's not like she could bring the doll during the funeral itself considering the fact Mei's "mother" doesn't want her having anything to do with her real parents.

Mar 14, 2012 11:04 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

One of the highlights of this series has been the character of Misaki Mei. Her character hasn't undergone any deep development -- except maybe in her relationship with Kouichi -- but our perception of her character has been molded and remolded since episode 1. Mei delivering the doll to Misaki was creepy as we saw it in episode 1, but after episode 10, looking back on it in retrospect, it was actually a very touching, very heartwarming, very human thing to do.
Mar 15, 2012 1:35 AM

Oct 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

One of the highlights of this series has been the character of Misaki Mei. Her character hasn't undergone any deep development -- except maybe in her relationship with Kouichi -- but our perception of her character has been molded and remolded since episode 1. Mei delivering the doll to Misaki was creepy as we saw it in episode 1, but after episode 10, looking back on it in retrospect, it was actually a very touching, very heartwarming, very human thing to do.
It's amazing in that fact they troll us so bad with Kouichi's dreams and our feelings that it's amazing how much a execution of it is well done in fact.

Like at the beach it was, lalalalalala....ooooohhhhh shiiiiiiiit! Those kind of reactions in a well done execution is what shines in many parts of this series. I still don't get the people that joke about this series but whatever floats your boat so to speak.

I believe the OVA might make things worse with the spoiler
but Mei/Misaki fans might rejoice about it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 15, 2012 4:36 AM
Oct 2011
Guys, it just ocurred me now... Why did the countermeasure failed? Who was talking to Mei in the class? Did Misaki really die because of the curse? That's weird... In the other hand Akazawa said no one belived the curse, so she had to the take the role of countermeasure... Maybe it was too late...

Also, why she didnt say who was it after listening to the tape when everybody was wondering... She is reluctant to say... Why? Who else she cares that much about but herself and Kouichi? Maybe there is a reason though.
Mar 15, 2012 5:44 AM

Dec 2011
Really interesting.

Im so curious.
My suspects are the red haired girl and Misaki.
Mar 15, 2012 8:15 AM

Feb 2012
Cristu said:
Guys, it just ocurred me now... Why did the countermeasure failed? Who was talking to Mei in the class? Did Misaki really die because of the curse? That's weird... In the other hand Akazawa said no one belived the curse, so she had to the take the role of countermeasure... Maybe it was too late...

The nonexistence countermeasure began on 5/1 (Class 3-3 started ignoring Mei on 5/1), but Misaki died on 4/25, six days earlier. Misaki's death had nothing to do with the countermeasure; the phenomenon was already in effect at that point (and when Teshigawara asked, "it can start a month late?" on 5/1, he and Akazawa obviously had no idea about Misaki's death).
Mar 15, 2012 10:27 AM

May 2010
Good build-up episode.
We learned that Misaki and Mei are twins and the latter has the ability to see people who's dead with her left eye.

I'm still curious though why she has that ability.

Next ep seems intense.
Mar 15, 2012 12:46 PM

Nov 2007
"I think I might have done something bad." No way?

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 16, 2012 3:33 AM

Sep 2010
Aaarghhh... cliffhanger.
So Teshigawara killed the blue-haired guy? I was already expecting him to die when I saw him walking on those stairs for some reason.
And is Mikami-sensei going to kill Izumi in the preview or...
Mar 16, 2012 4:14 AM

Dec 2011
I was telling myself, no deaths! Someone died at the end... At least there was no gore... Preview for next episode is scary...
uhh...
Mar 16, 2012 5:28 AM
Feb 2012
Just noticed something trivial - the girl in the red dress in the ED could be Mei's sister, see the brown hair? Or that could be just lighting conditions. It's a nice touch though

Mar 16, 2012 9:55 AM

Feb 2012
It's probably just the lighting. I see where you're coming from, though.
Mar 16, 2012 12:43 PM

Oct 2011
I think it's a lighting too, because Misaki's sister isn't very important in the story (yet?). But I came up with this idea, too.
Mar 16, 2012 2:02 PM
Mar 16, 2012 6:19 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah, shit is going down in episode 11. Is Mei smiling about it, though? ^_~

EDIT: Never mind, there's a fleck of blood to the left of her mouth that's making it look like a smile. She's definitely not smiling.
Mar 16, 2012 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
Hakuromatsu said:

EDIT: Never mind, there's a fleck of blood to the left of her mouth that's making it look like a smile. She's definitely not smiling.
she looks more worried, or scarred

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 16, 2012 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Hakuromatsu said:

she looks more worried, or scarred

Yeah. That bit of blood really threw me off.
Mar 16, 2012 9:40 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode! Was on the edge of my seat for the last bit where it started to get intense. They sure did end it at a good spot to leave you hanging till next week lol.

Agree with Hakuromatsu it's going down in the next episode. Can't wait ^^

Mar 17, 2012 12:21 AM

Oct 2011
im already biting my nails for the next episode >:)
Nope.
Mar 17, 2012 3:09 AM

Sep 2008
Goddamn cliffhangers again. Next episode looks really intense...again.
Mar 17, 2012 6:17 AM

Jan 2011
Every time an episode ends there's always some stupid cliffhanger and I'm dying to see the next episode every time. This episode was rather nice, was surprised that Mei could see the color of the dead. Next episode will have a lot of action in it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 17, 2012 10:46 AM

Feb 2009
How the hell did he know he was in her room anyway?!
Mar 17, 2012 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
BridgeX said:
Mei: "Will you come see me later? I have my own room."
Me: Wow, you're pretty forward.
Mei: "And I want to see the photo."
Me: Ohh...

LoL. Exactly my thoughts.

Mar 17, 2012 11:47 AM

May 2011
When Mei was asking Kouichi questions about the photo, I just had a hunch that her eye was able to see the extra, nice for her to explain how it works tho. :( So Mei's sister was actually the first victim of the calamity and everyone's mistaken. Aww they looked so cute together back then. Was great finding out her secrets and background.

Goddamnit this has got to be one of the biggest cliffhangers I've seen. Wtf have you done Teshigawara!?!?! Just when Mei was about to say who the extra is too@
Mar 17, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2010
And once again we are left in the doubt of who the "extra" one is.
(Mei's green eye is so badass...)
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 17, 2012 3:49 PM

Sep 2010
StaticLord said:
BridgeX said:
Mei: "Will you come see me later? I have my own room."
Me: Wow, you're pretty forward.
Mei: "And I want to see the photo."
Me: Ohh...

LoL. Exactly my thoughts.

Mine too. We are all a dirty-minded bunch.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 17, 2012 4:21 PM
Oct 2011
Guys, it just ocurred me.

The dead one doesnt know he is dead. This is a rule. How can Mei now she's not dead? Is she an exception or not to the rule? If the rule is absulute, she wouldnt see the death color in herself, but in another person, because if no one had the color, she would know she's the dead one too, so if the rule is absulute it would force Mei to see death color in another person, since the gotta think it's not her.
Mar 17, 2012 9:39 PM
Dec 2007
Cristu said:

The dead one doesnt know he is dead. This is a rule. How can Mei now she's not dead? Is she an exception or not to the rule? If the rule is absulute, she wouldnt see the death color in herself, but in another person, because if no one had the color, she would know she's the dead one too, so if the rule is absulute it would force Mei to see death color in another person, since the gotta think it's not her.
You went on a circle. But yes, that means her eye isn't 100% foolproof truth. It's as close as they can get. And going by Mei's explanation of how her eye works, I think she can see the color of death on people close to dying too or that may die soon. If that's the case it might actually not be as simple as "look, that guy is the another" since she might just be seeing someone who's ill, or even someone the curse will take next. Of course, that's if I got the explanation right.

Mar 18, 2012 2:58 AM
Feb 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Cristu said:

You went on a circle. But yes, that means her eye isn't 100% foolproof truth. It's as close as they can get. And going by Mei's explanation of how her eye works, I think she can see the color of death on people close to dying too or that may die soon. If that's the case it might actually not be as simple as "look, that guy is the another" since she might just be seeing someone who's ill, or even someone the curse will take next. Of course, that's if I got the explanation right.

yes that is true but she also sad that the color of death is strongest on the dead people , so yes she can be sure who the dead one is
i just think its a bit stupid that instead of having an mystery clue finding adventure of who the dead one is we get "Hey guys i can actually see who the dead one is wanna know..." but i guess with only 12 episodes you cant do much
Mar 18, 2012 4:46 AM
Dec 2007
DjoxyAE said:
Leon-Gun said:
Cristu said:

yes that is true but she also sad that the color of death is strongest on the dead people , so yes she can be sure who the dead one is
i just think its a bit stupid that instead of having an mystery clue finding adventure of who the dead one is we get "Hey guys i can actually see who the dead one is wanna know..." but i guess with only 12 episodes you cant do much
That merely means that the color looks a little more pure on it, but one can only guess how different it really is from a near-death guy, or how all the students look to her considering the whole class is cursed to be close to death. Either way, no one ever said this anime never pretended to be anything BUT a supernatural mystery show. In a show that revolves entirely around a curse, an eye that sees death doesn't really seems that out of place.
Leon-GunMar 18, 2012 4:49 AM

Mar 18, 2012 4:49 AM
Oct 2011
You are missing my point. Suppose that she is the dead one, but she can't know shes the dead one. If the rule "the dead wont know he's the dead" is absolute, she wouldnt see the death color on her. In the case that she's the dead one, if she couldnt see the death color on anyone in the class, she would also know that she is the dead, but she can't know. So if the rule "the dead wont know he's the dead" is absolute she would be compeled to see the death color in another person who isnt the dead one in order to not know she's the extra herself..
Mar 18, 2012 5:05 AM
Dec 2007
Cristu said:
You are missing my point. Suppose that she is the dead one, but she can't know shes the dead one. If the rule "the dead wont know he's the dead" is absolute, she wouldnt see the death color on her. In the case that she's the dead one, if she couldnt see the death color on anyone in the class, she would also know that she is the dead, but she can't know. So if the rule "the dead wont know he's the dead" is absolute she would be compeled to see the death color in another person who isnt the dead one in order to not know she's the extra herself..
Well, the rule is that the dead doesn't know he's dead, not that he can't know he's dead. Much like the others don't know he's dead either yet can still learn he's dead. But once they learn he's dead the knowledge vanishes, at varying speeds (the guy that made the recording could still remember he killed the dead one weeks after but his classmates forgot mere hours later). I imagine Mei would be able to see death on herself but would forget. How fast she would forget however is debatable.

And I didn't miss your point at all. Not agreeing with it, however, is my choice though.

Mar 18, 2012 9:00 AM

Sep 2011
starting with Akazawa having a fantasy about the MC... and Mei knows who it is? I think it's the guy that looks like a ghost
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 18, 2012 9:23 AM

Nov 2009
I think Matsunaga didn't forget about what he did immediately because it wasn't yet the end of the school year. Remember what Chibiki-san said? Or I don't know if he was the one...But after graduation, people tend to forget that the dead one became alive in their class. Why only after graduation? I can only surmise, but I won't say what my guess is only after the series ends.

They might reveal who the dead one is next ep...another cliffhanger. It might be a vague one...ending with Sakakibara-kun saying, "No way...You're the dead one??" for example. It's just a hunch. After all, mystery stuff always ends things at the last chapter or episode.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Mar 19, 2012 2:28 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad this series turned out to be so enjoyable. Sure, it has quite a few flaws, but I'm still looking forward to the new episodes every week. I'm really, really curious to see how it will all end. 4/5, lots of Mei and we are slowly getting towards the resolution (hopefully).
Mar 19, 2012 2:37 PM

Jan 2010
Real good.
FUCKING CLIFF HANGERS
Mar 19, 2012 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
fuck the thunder and door pounding at the end got me. It seemed obvious he killed the extra.

it's obviously one of the more main characters thus her reluctance to say it. how long has she known who it was?

her story about the sister/mothers/was kinda confusing.

gonna have to send the dead back to death. I mean the bad thign is you gotta kill someone, the good is nobody will remember I suppose.

there's still something creepy about Mei.

it looked like Kazama was the one killed. probably thought he was the extra but wasn't. imo it has to be Teshigawara, Mochizuki or Akazara. I don't think it's Mochizuki, he seems more like someone that will get killed. Slight more chance for Teshigawara, but again don't think it's him.

I'm going with Akazara, as the head of countermeasure it'd be somewhat ironic. it's gotta be a major character though. her pointing the finger at Mei when she herself the "Another" would make sense. I wouldn't rule out Mei though, she's just too creepy.
Mar 22, 2012 12:54 AM
Feb 2012
That scene at the beginning of the episode with the photos was...kind of sad. Everyone's at the end of their rope and were too terrified or melancholy to smile.

"This is our last summer in Junior High". Smooth, art-kun.
Mar 23, 2012 1:52 PM

Jun 2008
I don't get it. What the problem in killing someone that's already dead?

So i assume that guy just killed the dead person. So Misaki might forget before she's able to say it? But if he really killed him then everyone should be safe so what are we watching for the next two episodes. .
Mar 25, 2012 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
Now I understand why it was better that they kept the secret of stopping the curse. If everybody knew that they had to kill somebody to stop the curse, a bloodbath is going to happen. Heck, if the guy that Teshigawara seems to have killed isn't the one, then the bloodbath has already begun.

It's interesting how Mei could not only see with her glass eye, but she can also move the eye. She's the key to stopping this, because she can see who is this "another" person. And this rules out the possibility of either Kouichi or Mei being the dead one. It was also interesting to find out that Mei's deceased cousin Misaki was actually her twin.
Mar 25, 2012 9:03 PM

Aug 2011
mystik said:
fuck the thunder and door pounding at the end got me. It seemed obvious he killed the extra.

it's obviously one of the more main characters thus her reluctance to say it. how long has she known who it was?

her story about the sister/mothers/was kinda confusing.

gonna have to send the dead back to death. I mean the bad thign is you gotta kill someone, the good is nobody will remember I suppose.

there's still something creepy about Mei.

it looked like Kazama was the one killed. probably thought he was the extra but wasn't. imo it has to be Teshigawara, Mochizuki or Akazara. I don't think it's Mochizuki, he seems more like someone that will get killed. Slight more chance for Teshigawara, but again don't think it's him.

I'm going with Akazara, as the head of countermeasure it'd be somewhat ironic. it's gotta be a major character though. her pointing the finger at Mei when she herself the "Another" would make sense. I wouldn't rule out Mei though, she's just too creepy.

i agree, but i think you mean kazami. but yeah mei would be the obvious choice, but sometimes it is the obvious one to begin with...suspense for the win!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2012 12:57 AM

Mar 2009
Oh shit, almost got the name of the dead person. Anyway, no big deal in killing someone who's already dead and who's going around causing living people's deaths.
Mar 31, 2012 12:21 AM

Sep 2011
Hm... interesting...
Apr 4, 2012 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
OMG TEH CLIFFHANGERZZ!!!

Oh, and Sakakibara is a moron.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.