Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 10, 2012 7:49 PM
Nov 2009
Why? Akamatsu, WHY?
Mar 10, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
All these years of good reading and good story of Negima that had to come us to this end so mediocre, honestly is not what fans wanted, I think Akamatsu is not at fault, apparently the fault of Kodansha or company which went out the manga.
Mar 10, 2012 8:43 PM

Dec 2010
Ok... WTF just happened, seriously Akamastu.... Nagi randomally just being there, the mom is like totally forgotten, heck not even mentioned; they never say who Negi likes, most of the relations end half ass; Hakase and Godel?!? So what Yui, Nodaka, Makie, Ayaka, etc, etc, etc just folllow him for forever? This ending resolved NOTHING this has gotta be the biggest TROLL ending I've ever seen... Well I'm done, could go on longer, but that chapter... I'm done :/.

It had a good run, so i guess i won't hate on it to much, because if i step back from that trash ending; then I'll see that it really did have a good run for a long time. I'll wrap up my thoughts around that instead of the thoughts that this ending gives me...
Mar 10, 2012 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
What The Fuck.

Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
So did Setsuna and Konoka Marry each other?

I bet the hell they did XD
8/10
I would give it a 7 but imma ignore the shitty ending I just read :]
Mar 10, 2012 9:07 PM

Oct 2009
Time skips are the biggest Trolling Cliche in Manga History. Another Example: Usagi Drop.

Leave them as fucking kids and leave it over with., Jesus Christ.
Eh, was ok as it was, I never liked the Magical World arc as it became typical Shounen Crap. At least I still have 100 or so chapters I can read freely without battle shounen stuff.

Sorry Ken, you just did a class with 31 girls, and barely put them in the end. The next manga you will make will have to have fucking amazing characters to outsmart 31 girls.

Ending 5/10.
Overral Series. 9/10 till Magical World Arc then 6/10

Overral. 7/10.

Now if you excuse me, I think I'll re read the good stuff
Mar 10, 2012 9:13 PM

Sep 2008
still, i will reserve my negative comments out of my love for this series that just one day 5 years ago (almost 6) i decided to watch the anime, and out of curiosity i started out this manga, im so glad i did that, and know, with all its fails and trolling ending, i can say proudly, that i was a fan of an awsome series, and can just say thank you, ken akamatsu, for all of this years of making me laugh with a great story of love, that for some reason turned more shonen than the ones at shonen jump,

i will look forward to anything you realese next

guys, just relax, after all this time reading this, i dont think you want to end it with complains over some not good ending, sure it was no code geass, but let it be
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 10, 2012 9:20 PM

Nov 2011
No conclusion who Negi likes?

InnoxiousMar 11, 2012 12:13 AM

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell
Mar 10, 2012 10:10 PM

Feb 2008
Seems like everyone here has the same general opinion. XD
I honestly agree with most of what's been already. Reading this for years, waiting for it to build up to some grand finale, then the ending just kind of jumps up on me. No explanation to Negi's love interest, Nagi's rescue not even being shown, when it was talked about so much before hand, it all just felt rushed. The redeeming fact about it is that it showed how most of the characters' lives turned out.
Overall, enjoyed the manga as a whole, had some weak points here and there, but this ending was just disappointing. Hopefully Bleach can manage something better.
Mar 10, 2012 10:35 PM
Apr 2010
razisgosu said:
Extremely disappointed, even more disappointed than the mass effect 3 ending.

Feel like the kid in The Girl Next Door and you just stole my JFK line. :(

Dead to me Akamatsu.
Mar 10, 2012 10:57 PM

May 2008
Just because the ending didn't go the way you wanted it to doesn't make it bad, you guys.

Also:
>Don't find out who Negi ends up with.
>Congratulations! Your AKAMATSU KEN has evolved into a TAKAHASHI RUMIKO!
Mar 10, 2012 11:00 PM

Dec 2010
Nilvius said:
http://mizunoyuutsu.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/1331448000784-1.jpg

Lol, thx for the good laugh after that crappy ending XD.
Mar 10, 2012 11:13 PM

Apr 2009
NigeriaLisa said:
Just because the ending didn't go the way you wanted it to doesn't make it bad, you guys.
Wanting plot lines being resolved before a story ends is considered bad now?
Mar 10, 2012 11:17 PM

Dec 2008
wow i cant believe this, i mean how did this series go from greatness to absolute shit so fast...im just trying to fathom why you would just try and wrap everything up so fast and in shitty fashion. maybe he was having health problems and wanted to conclude the series in case he dies or something? even then i dont think it excuses something this bad.

i'm just shocked that he couldnt manage to even show the whole nagi thing, who was only the driving force for the main character over the last 9 years, and he couldnt even come up with an answer as to who negi wound up with. he seriously couldnt just say negi ends up with x in one of the girls little paragraphs? he couldnt even give negi the main fcking character his own paragraph? how shitty.

trolling this hard should be illegal

10/10 -> 7/10 i was going to rate a 10 and completely overlook how bad its been lately but this was just terrible. in one chapter he pretty much wiped out years worth of enjoyment
Jimb0Mar 10, 2012 11:22 PM
Mar 10, 2012 11:35 PM

Oct 2010
Geez, what a load of crap! Clearly shows that this series went off to a horribly wrong direction and ended 100 chapters too early.
Mar 10, 2012 11:53 PM
Aug 2010
Man....I hate to say I TOLD YOU SO, but how did you guys not see this coming.

Negima has been BAD for many months now...

It was clear that Ken just wanted to finish this manga as quickly as possible no matter what the outcome.

This is why it's good to be critical of EVERYTHING when it comes to anime and manga.

This isn't the first time a manga/anime ends horrible (Even if it started great and remained great for years).

And guess what guys, this won't be the last time a great manga ends shitty.

This is also why Harems rarely have good endings.....so many fans get so pumped up about which girl they like that in the end the idiotic mangaka chooses nobody or everyone (harem ending).

This however was just pathetic....Ken chose NOBODY!
Mar 11, 2012 12:04 AM

Dec 2008
ichigo03 said:
Man....I hate to say I TOLD YOU SO, but how did you guys not see this coming.

Negima has been BAD for many months now...

It was clear that Ken just wanted to finish this manga as quickly as possible no matter what the outcome.

This is why it's good to be critical of EVERYTHING when it comes to anime and manga.

This isn't the first time a manga/anime ends horrible (Even if it started great and remained great for years).

And guess what guys, this won't be the last time a great manga ends shitty.

This is also why Harems rarely have good endings.....so many fans get so pumped up about which girl they like that in the end the idiotic mangaka chooses nobody or everyone (harem ending).

This however was just pathetic....Ken chose NOBODY!

I think most of us knew it was going to be bad, but this exceeded expectations in terms of shittiness, i dont think anyone couldve predicted it would be this bad. i think i wouldve been more satisfied if akamatsu took a shit wiped it with paper and printed it as his final chapter...at least i wouldve laughed. why even bother fcking drawing this?
Mar 11, 2012 12:28 AM
Aug 2010
Jimb0 said:
I think most of us knew it was going to be bad, but this exceeded expectations in terms of shittiness, i dont think anyone couldve predicted it would be this bad. i think i wouldve been more satisfied if akamatsu took a shit wiped it with paper and printed it as his final chapter...at least i wouldve laughed. why even bother fcking drawing this?

Yeah, I completely agree.

I think once I saw the time travel nonsense with Asuna and Eva and then Ken decides to throw a FUCKING FILLER in the penultimate chapter, that's when I feared that this would be a colossal troll ending.

But to give Ken credit....it turned out even worse than my cynicism could imagine.

I hear in other forums how people say "I'll remember Negima for the good moments".

and I would like to say the same thing....but how is that even possible?

How can you go back and remember the "Good moments" when you know just how terrible it ended.

Can anyone imagine if our favorite Fantasy books ended like Negima...

Can you imagine if LOTR ended with no resolution but at the same time the characters are smiling as if they actually accomplished something.

LOL, But at least we can look back at the "good moments".

Yeah, that makes it so much better.
Mar 11, 2012 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
Did anybody else think of Chao when Asuna mentioned that the person Negi liked was "kind of the same people?" ch353 pg15

Could also refer to personality but that's too open ended since they also mentioned that the one that suits him is the older wife type.

I will only accept this ending if his next work is Mahou Sense Negima Darkness!
Mar 11, 2012 12:41 AM

Nov 2011
ichigo03 said:

But at least we can look back at the "good moments".

I've spent most of Negima's reading time on school festival arc. I think it is the best part of the story overall. That transition from your typical ecchi harem comedy into magical action was the main thing that kept me seated and always looked into the next chapters. I read that arc over and over again because the other parts were just average or worse imo.

iSinned said:

I will only accept this ending if his next work is Mahou Sense Negima Darkness!

I hope you are not talking about borderline hentai like in To LOVE-Ru Darkness

Mar 11, 2012 1:21 AM

Oct 2010
6/10 overall. Hope there won't be a sequel. The last couple of chapters and the ending dropped this down from 10/10. I also didn't appreciate the implications made about Negi's favorite girl in Ch353 only to get Rick Rolled with an open ending; one of the reasons I'm starting to dislike harems. It would've been better if he stated the girl, even if 3/4 of the readers hated it. One could argue that he did end up with Chachamaru and they have weird magical robot sex everyday.

Asuna and Ayaka are most likely at Natsumi's wedding or some party/ceremony since they're almost as important as Negi in the terraform project.
Anya isn't there because this is "closure" for the girls of 3-A, not closure for all the characters.

Since this is an open ending, I'll pretend its either NegixKonokaxSetsuna, NegixMakie, or NegixChisame (any of the three with some Chachamaru winding action on the side).
Mar 11, 2012 1:48 AM
Aug 2010
Negi/Asuna seems kind of implied by the description under Ayaka, that "She continued to stand by the side of Negi and Asuna and became a major source of support. She is happy simply standing to one side behind Negi." Also iirc Negi actually said in one of the earlier chapters that Asuna was the most important to him.

Anyway, 5/10 for the series. Probably too generous but whatever.
Mar 11, 2012 1:55 AM
Apr 2011
I loved the series overall, even if the ending was ridiculously rushed, I can somehow be satisfied with it. It was an amazing ride, will read again. 10/10.
Mar 11, 2012 3:50 AM

May 2011
I started picking up this manga about 5 years ago and i was thinking that ken is such an amazing mangaka. And now at his 355th chapter he managed to pull of a big troll, i mean come on ken! Nagi showing up out of nowhere with no proper explanation?
And what the hell did you turn chisame into? She was like the main heroine in the magic world arc and she is reduced to being a neet? Oh come on ken.

The biggest troll ever you did not even reveal who negi ended up with. From what i understand from those 19th pages after reading both the japanese and translated release it seems like he has yet to choose a partner yet. Correct me if i am wrong.

Like most of you have already pointed out, it used to be great, but it certainly turned downhill, since i'm not that much of a picky person and i have already whinned this much, i'll give a 8/10 for being awesome in 300 out of 355 chapters ken, good job.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 11, 2012 4:27 AM

Feb 2009
I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw Nagi there.
Try harder, Akamatsu. No, seriously, please try harder. This was a really fail ending.
Beyond salvation.

6/10
Mar 11, 2012 4:43 AM

Sep 2008
Kiev said:
I started picking up this manga about 5 years ago and i was thinking that ken is such an amazing mangaka. And now at his 355th chapter he managed to pull of a big troll, i mean come on ken! Nagi showing up out of nowhere with no proper explanation?
And what the hell did you turn chisame into? She was like the main heroine in the magic world arc and she is reduced to being a neet? Oh come on ken.

The biggest troll ever you did not even reveal who negi ended up with. From what i understand from those 19th pages after reading both the japanese and translated release it seems like he has yet to choose a partner yet. Correct me if i am wrong.

Like most of you have already pointed out, it used to be great, but it certainly turned downhill, since i'm not that much of a picky person and i have already whinned this much, i'll give a 8/10 for being awesome in 300 out of 355 chapters ken, good job.

Reduced nothing. She was always a social recluse with a passion for her hobbies and it never made her any less awesome. She's still a powerful force and a valuable part of the team and the fact that she works from behind the scenes doesn't reduce her at all. She's the Oracle to their Batfamily. Not everyone has to be out in the streets punching evil directly in the face to be important.
Mar 11, 2012 5:08 AM

May 2011
It's funny. People here wanted just answers and answers.
The road of Negima was of a child wanting to be a man. A genius professor wanting to find his father, wanting to be a great mage like him.

Negi managed to do so in the end. All of them. It's a full-fledged mage, a great man and has his father.
All the answers has been answered already. There was no need to show the battle. We knew where Nagi was, what Nagi was, what the Lifemaker was... The showdown off-screen was just necessary. It wasn't the main deal.

People who just wants answers and happy endings are sad. I'm sorry, but I'm disappointed with the manga? Yes. I'm, however, as disappointed with it as I am with those readers.
Honestly, as much as Negi's love was also a curiosity, it wasn't as well the main thing. It doesn't matter who he will marry. We know he will marry. That's enough, I think.

Again, the end wasn't perfect. By any means.
It was just what it should have being.

Akamatsu, thank you for 9 years of Negima.
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Mar 11, 2012 5:11 AM

Jun 2010
Thank you for the 9 years of Negima Ken. Not really good ending but you've done a lot this past 9 years :) btw great trolling sir!
Mar 11, 2012 5:13 AM

Jun 2010
game8910 said:

-15 HOW DARE YOU TURN CHISAME FULL HIKKI AKAMATSU! OVER THE FUCKING LINE!

I gave that a -100 ....
Mar 11, 2012 5:56 AM

Dec 2010
Now, how do I describe the series and Ken.......

TROLL
Mar 11, 2012 6:00 AM

Oct 2009
Even the ending for the Negima Final anime was far better than this mess.
Mar 11, 2012 6:42 AM
Nov 2009
Oh well... Kinda disapointing but yet good ending.
Been following this manga since 2005-2006-ish and is really one of my fav. manga, actually one of my first manga bought as a book. (Kinda love at first sight :D Good memories there)

Im not really a fan of an open-ending manga and I really hope that Ken A. is going to release some sort of a light novel or something to clear things up.

I assume it´ll be a story about Evas or/and Negis love life. ( I think Negis love is his childhood friend Anya but we´ll see...)
Mar 11, 2012 6:53 AM

Feb 2010
omg not mutch to add after all the rage^^ bad ending is bad.... 7/10 overall

oh just for the record from ken's twitter page

"I've just finished drawing the final chapter of Negima (Chapter 355)! Thank you for all your support over these past nine years. =ʕ◕̀ᴥ◕́ʔ=... I certainly have no intention of retiring, so look forward to my next work or sequel(?)"
Mar 11, 2012 7:37 AM

Sep 2007
WhiteFrenzy said:
It's funny. People here wanted just answers and answers.
The road of Negima was of a child wanting to be a man. A genius professor wanting to find his father, wanting to be a great mage like him.

Negi managed to do so in the end. All of them. It's a full-fledged mage, a great man and has his father.

And we had to read 9 years of this just for it to be resolved offscreen? bullshit, this was just the author pissing on his readers because he don't give a shit about us anymore.
And I don't even give a shit about the girl Negi end with. I Pretty much knew that he won't show us that and I can live with that. But throwing away all the plot and character developement in just 3 chapters without a proper closure for the story? Ken can go to hell.

YES I SO MAD I'LL PROBABLY PLAY MASS EFFECT 3 AND ENJOY IT EVEN WITH THE SHITTY ENDINGS
Mar 11, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2009
HAHAHAHA.... i bet Ken Akamatsu is now hiding in some cave hoping that people won't kill him for trolling the manga world.
Mar 11, 2012 7:52 AM
Nov 2009
Although quite a few questions were left unanswered (where the hell did Nagi come from, whom is the target of Negi's love, etc...), I still liked it ending. It was very satisfying in that everyone came back together for a final farewell. Hopefully Ken clears up everything in an extra chapter at some point.
Mar 11, 2012 9:54 AM

Dec 2010
I can't believe the anime final ending ended up being better... what a mess of a ending; I knew the ending would be half ass when it said it was ending suddenly but in all honestly i think chapter 353 would have been a better ending, that way we don't get this randomness and we can just assume w/e instead of getting...

game8910 said:

-15 HOW DARE YOU TURN CHISAME FULL HIKKI AKAMATSU! OVER THE FUCKING LINE!

Shit like this, among other things :/, Akamastu must have been drunk as fuck when thinking up this shit ending.

kencarrot said:
HAHAHAHA.... i bet Ken Akamatsu is now hiding in some cave hoping that people won't kill him for trolling the manga world.

For real right lol.
Mar 11, 2012 10:04 AM

Dec 2011
First off, the the eff is Anya?! I wanna see her as an 18 year old *-*. And they kinda implied that he married Ayako and...i think Fate married Asuna o_O
Mar 11, 2012 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
Ken, I am disappoint.
Mar 11, 2012 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
Just realized, I still don't know where Chao actually came from in the future. Oh, no Takamichi, f*ck it...

Mar 11, 2012 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
Wouldn't she have been the descendant of Negi and Ayaka?

Even thought I still hate how stupid of a pairing that was considering how much bloody screen-time Asuna x Negi got together and how long they had been together.

This manga let me down in the end which is unfortunate as I loved the rest of this series.
Mar 11, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2010
I give this manga a 9/10 since it's my favorite. But that last chapter somehow reminded me of School Rumble ending chapter years back. I hope there is some extra chapter or some spin-off to give details about some unanswered questions.
Mar 11, 2012 12:01 PM

Mar 2011
I feel as though one of my favourite manga was happily being chatty and smiley walking along, and then suddenly gets hit by a bus and is killed in a split-second.

Ken Akamatsu, I hope you take all the feedback you will no doubt receive from this and learn from it. Take all the good parts (Mahora festival arc was the most amazing thing I had ever read at the time) and make sure your next work will be remembered more than the ending to this bitter-sweet ending to an otherwise great series.
Mar 11, 2012 12:21 PM

Mar 2009
PrometheusZero said:
I feel as though one of my favourite manga was happily being chatty and smiley walking along, and then suddenly gets hit by a bus and is killed in a split-second.

Ken Akamatsu, I hope you take all the feedback you will no doubt receive from this and learn from it. Take all the good parts (Mahora festival arc was the most amazing thing I had ever read at the time) and make sure your next work will be remembered more than the ending to this bitter-sweet ending to an otherwise great series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1fsVx5ZFgM Not a bus but close.

Chances are that maybe they will make a movie or something to cover the "Rescue Nagi" plot thing someday.
It was fun. Hope next manga will be even better :)
Mar 11, 2012 12:58 PM

Oct 2009
It is going to be hard o beat 31 girls. That is, unless Ken makes another group of 31 girls and puts in another teacher, this time without any magic so we can just have some comedic ecchi slice of life stuff. Anyways, ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Mar 11, 2012 12:59 PM

Oct 2011
Troll of 2011 Tite Kubo (might redeem himself this year).. Troll of 2012.. Ken Akamatsu..heard he got tired of Negima!, he should have taken a year hiatus like Togashi..
Mar 11, 2012 5:01 PM

Feb 2008
This has to be the worst ending to anything i've ever watched or read in my life. It's clear that Ken just lost faith in his manga and made shit up on the spot.
Mar 11, 2012 5:34 PM

Jun 2007
I'm with the earlier posters, that definitely looked like a wedding scene with Ayaka as bride's maid and Fate as the best man, so Negi x Asuna (thus fulfilling the standard rule of all harem series).
Mar 11, 2012 5:59 PM

Mar 2009
TheTsunami said:
I'm with the earlier posters, that definitely looked like a wedding scene with Ayaka as bride's maid and Fate as the best man, so Negi x Asuna (thus fulfilling the standard rule of all harem series).

http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/355/16 Their wedding,
http://www.mangareader.net/mahou-sensei-negima/355/17 Guests to Natsumi big moment :) If it was Negi and Asuna wedding he would stand right by her side.

Why would Asuna end up with Negi when 1-2 chapters ago she was shocked about who he likes?

Chao comes from alternative world where we got the "bad ending" that She had to fix. She was not born in the normal time line since events were changed and Negi probably didn't end up with her ancestor.

I still think some Final Anime series or movie would be nice to cover all the missed manga parts. At least he ended it when he got burned out. Bad ending but better than dragging it forever with pointless plot twists.
Mar 11, 2012 6:11 PM

Jun 2007
Fair enough. =)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 24 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 19, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 19, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 46 Discussion

Deago - Jul 15, 2022

1 by KeyboardKlutz »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:39 AM

» Who he ends up with and how many

Radtoter - Sep 28, 2021

1 by asiank0ala »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 14 Discussion

R2 - Oct 27, 2017

1 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 1 Discussion

Vegaplus - Jan 5, 2011

4 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 1, 2021 7:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.