MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 31 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shingeki no Kyojin »» Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 31 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 31 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

56 84.85%
4 out of 5: Liked it

9 13.64%
3 out of 5: It was OK

1 1.52%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 66

03-10-12, 12:13 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"Time to slice up the female giant again." Damn, Mikasa owns.

03-10-12, 1:56 AM

Liked the chapter and also your signature (where those chars from?).

Can anyone tell me when was Annie last seen in (chapter)?

03-10-12, 2:22 AM

vansonbee said:
Liked the chapter and also your signature (where those chars from?).

Can anyone tell me when was Annie last seen in (chapter)?

http://myanimelist.net/manga/7519/Kami_nomi_zo_Shiru_Sekai

03-10-12, 2:36 AM

thotian in chap 30 thread said:
The tears of the female giant are interesting. If you add this with its long hunt for Eren through the fields and forest, then it seems more like an urge to find something precious. The emotional part of its actions becomes quite clear, like a mother desperately searching for her lost child with ferociousness. That's why I doubt that it is related to Annie or any other character that we already know. Anyway, there are still lots of interesting mysteries...

My bad! It was simpler than I thought to consider Annie. Well, she is now full of mysteries and I can't wait to see the next chapters.

edit: To answer to your question, I think it was chap 21 p31 when she doesn't choose to enter the scouting legion and opt for the police.
Modified by thotian, 03-10-12, 3:56 AM

03-10-12, 2:48 AM

like couple of ppl predicted Annie is a titan spy next chapter shit going down.

03-10-12, 5:16 AM

Annie as a titan wasn't unexpected. The plot to deceive and corner her, the countless leads which slowly pile up, and the emotions build-up between Armin and Annie to this revelation. These are done fantastically well.

Annie is a complex and intriguing character. The ring that she put on was probably the source of her giant's power. The very fact that she puts it on immediately after her conversation with Armin at the start shows she had her suspicion on Armin's proposal. She went ahead with the plan anyway. Throughout the story, she seems to hold the belief that she was merely acting for herself or 'going with the flow' under circumstances not within her control. As a titan, she killed countless of people ruthlessly. She acknowledged that she's easily influenced and perhaps 'bad' and 'rotten' people, at least in comparison the likes of Ernie.

However, I'm not sure if it's because of her inner struggle to terms with her actions or she want to be seen as a good person to people she cared for, there are occasion where she breaks her protocol.

Another 5/5 chapter for me, it makes me re-read this chapter over again.

03-10-12, 7:25 AM

^ wow guess there's nothing left to say after that

Once again an exciting chapter. I love how we can feel the tension... Annie's face in the last pages is so creepy, she's not even in her titan form but she's already as scary. Titan is coming, run for your lives!
I admit I still didn't fully believe Annie was the giant until I saw the 1st page of this chapter, but what else can I say, it's perfect.

03-10-12, 10:08 AM

The first page of this chapter made me certain Annie was the giant; before the attention her character received. With her hair untidy, she looked too much like the giant not to be.

At first, I didn't realize Armin had lead Annie into a trap--I thought Annie and led the trio into a trap. But when I stopped and thought about it, Annie wouldn't have had any reason to set-up a human ambush when she - as a giant - wanted Eren. And going underground was obviously to prevent her turning into a giant.

I would've preferred Eren to have deduced the identity of the giant based on her fighting style. Armin having said nothing about his suspicions BEFORE everyone went off to die in the failed trap seems off, to me. It didn't strike me as a natural development, and Eren not putting two and two together irritated me.

The first half of the chapter was poor. It told me nothing about Annie's character that hadn't already been highlighted, was full of weak chattering about corruption between stock characters (maybe not Marlo) and Annie's reasons for her actions remain totally unclear. All of the Military Police bit could be cut without anything of note being lost.

live2win is more than likely bang-on about the ring. I didn't think that Annie put it on right after Armin's request due to her suspicions. A nice touch.

03-11-12, 4:44 AM

May her death be horrible and painful.

03-11-12, 12:32 PM

so army saw (offscreen) annie killing the titans (offscreen) then reported her (offscreen) to a bunch of (offscreen) characters and plotted (offscreen) how capture her or how to kill her?

so question is, what will that other hiden titans do?
they have to be themselves some sort of high rankin officers that will have to prove themselves in some way

say isn't that high ranked general that saved eren a titan himself? i mean this baldy:
http://i11.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/10/shingeki-no-kyojin-2275235.jpg
somehow i imagine titans try to group up in order to set things in motion

03-12-12, 12:36 PM

I AM SHOCKED. But still why did she chase the squad? And why did she go to work in police?

03-12-12, 10:28 PM

Great chapter. Love this series. Keep forgetting that this isn't a Seinen series but Shonen, yet it's right up their with the Seinen great series like Berserk and Vagabond.

03-13-12, 6:09 AM

Unbelievably great chapter with fantastic narration, artworks, dialogues, scriptwriting and developments. Isayama Hajime, how awesome can you become ? I can't even imagine how the guy is younger than me and yet so good. Shingeki no Kyojin really is a masterpiece, let alone for a first manga...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

03-13-12, 6:25 AM

Annie is the female titan after all!
I though is was going to be her but the way Armin said how he found out, it makes him a very good and smart character.

Her evil grin in the end...I was like:O_O.
Now it's time for a fierce battle inside the walls! Yeah bring it...

And I want to know how she gained her powers and I think that ring of hers is related to her power.

03-13-12, 9:43 AM

Wow, this was the best chapter in quite some time. I was almost ready to stop caring for this manga, now I love it again O.o

03-13-12, 2:05 PM

I really liked the previous chapter, but this one is amazing too
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

03-13-12, 2:05 PM

I really liked the previous chapter, but this one is amazing too
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

03-15-12, 11:24 AM

as expected Annie is the female titan...well, time to cut the bitch to pieces.

I hope they capture her alive and torture her for the information

03-16-12, 7:24 AM

Yea, Annie being the female titan was expected, even more so from the start of this chapter. hopefully they take her out or down and gain some info from her.

Well I look forward to the next chapter ;o

03-18-12, 5:49 PM

Why didn't the Military police notice that she was gone? I think that's the only thing that's bothering me.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices