MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

How important is anime in your daily life?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» How important is anime in your daily life?

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
View Poll Results: How important is anime to you?
Ugghh.. *cop out answer*

1 0.58%
I couldn't care less about anime.

1 0.58%
Just something to keep myself amused every blue moon.

9 5.20%
Meh, it's just one of my many sources for entertainment.

20 11.56%
Its a temporary hobby/passtime of mine for now.

17 9.83%
It used to be a casual thing, but now I'm pretty obsessed.

50 28.90%
Its the main/only way I keep myself amused in my free time.

38 21.97%
It's saved/changed my life or gives me a reason to live and be happy.

37 21.39%
Voters: 173

03-08-12, 10:51 AM

What is life without animu

03-08-12, 11:22 AM

To me it's just a form of entertainment, sometimes I go for months without watching it because I just don't feel like and sometimes when I am really into an anime I can watch multiple episodes per day. Other than that it hasn't changed my life in any way, the only anime related things I own are some of my favorite anime that I have watched more than once...
BBC Code....why u no work!?

03-08-12, 11:32 AM

Anime is just another of many ways to entertain myself, as you can see I barely watch any anime's nor post on these forums. The sole reason I registrated on this site is to keep myself up-to-date with recent anime's from time to time. I have been back for several weeks now, but before this I had stopped watching for 8 months.

03-08-12, 11:34 AM

Its a temporary hobby/passtime of mine for now. It comes and goes, sometimes, I go a long time without anime and sometimes I add it to my list of hobbies when I have free time.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

03-08-12, 12:06 PM

It's just one of my sources for entertainment. My main source is still video games. There have been some periods of time in the past since I've started watching anime where anime becomes my main "thing to do," but it hasn't lasted yet. Like right now I'm kind of in a lull where I'm only watching about one episode per day, if that. But during those periods I was watching anywhere from 5-10 episodes per day, back-to-back, in my free time. (And if I didn't have classes or anything, then even more than that.)

03-08-12, 12:18 PM

Very minimally. I watch it when I have free time and I'm in the mood, but that doesn't happen all that often anymore, unfortunately.

03-08-12, 12:21 PM

it is just a form of entertainment

though some shows have changed my life but i see anime just as any show,
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

03-08-12, 12:25 PM

Before I was anime watcher whole time I just played different games with PC or Ps2, I still play some games but most of time I watch anime :)

03-08-12, 12:28 PM

Anime changed my life, and is currently the most important thing in my life :)

03-08-12, 12:32 PM

Lately it has been my main source of amusement, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it changed my life in any major way.. yet. Maybe a few minor things. I probably fall under the "it used to be a casual thing, but now I'm pretty obsessed" category because that fits me best. Up until a month or so ago I had watched anime very very casually, and lately I have been finishing anime non stop. So we'll focus on the "lately" I guess.

I probably watch anime anywhere from 4-6 hours of my day right now when I get home from class. I hadn't really day dreamed about anime at all until I finished Clannad: AS, and that changed. First time I ever became so attached to certain characters to ever think about it when I was away from my desk. As for MAL, I didn't even post on the forums a few weeks ago, and now I regularly do. I have MAL open in my browser almost all the time while I am at my desk. However I don't really participate in other sites besides the two that I use to torrent.

It hasn't influenced any major life decisions yet though. Although I might try to take a few Japanese classes next semester for school. Shitty subs are the death of me! :X

03-08-12, 12:42 PM

1.) I usually watch anime daily for at least 1-2 episodes. I don't daydream about it, however. That's silly.
2.) Considering a great majority of my music are anime tracks, I'd say I spend a good while.
3.) Anime has piqued my interest in learning Japanese and visiting Japan in the future, but I don't want to be a typical weeaboo. I'm really trying to avoid that. I'm currently learning Spanish and American Sign Language so adding Japanese to my list would make me able to speak 5 languages.

03-08-12, 1:00 PM

Ive averaged 4 hours a day for the last 2 years, though I dont actually do it that way. Its 40 episodes one day and friends house the next resulting in 0.

'It's saved/changed my life or gives me a reason to live and be happy' Was my vote.

Definetly changed my life though, started studying jap + going there for holidays so on.
Worships Asparagus.

03-08-12, 1:47 PM

Voted "It used to be a casual thing, but now I'm pretty obsessed."

Used to talk bad about anime when I young but when you start watching it, you get easily obsessed.

03-08-12, 1:50 PM

"It's saved/changed my life or gives me a reason to live and be happy."
Houndthree said:
Why is my taste so shitty?

03-08-12, 2:08 PM

It's pretty much the first thing i do when I have free time. Watch anime until something else comes up that I need to do xP

03-08-12, 2:15 PM

I watch some episodes every day. So pretty important.

03-08-12, 2:22 PM

It's one of the things that keep me going, because if it wasn't for it and my friends I would pretty much be just living the life for the sake of living, as I don't see a bright future no matter where I look at (Yeah, you study a lot for your whole adolescence, then you get a job, work like a condemned for your whole life, then gets a few years to relax before you "rot away". How is that good?) Because of anime I can think about what I want to see next, I've got more things to talk about with some otaku friends of mine, I'm not always serious, I don't have to foccus only on going to gym/swimming/studying, it keeps my mind away from this god-awful world that we live at, so it's something essential to keep me sane, pretty much. I don't know how I lived before anime, lol. Truth is I don't think I was really living before it, just... Going on.
Modified by Morbyllan, 03-08-12, 2:26 PM

「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!

03-08-12, 2:25 PM

Anime is one of the best things in my life. It's my major interest and hobby. And then there's music.
Motorhead fan? Join: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=40023

Credit to Devilman01

03-08-12, 2:29 PM

One of the only reasons I haven't taken my life yet is because there's no guarantee that there's anime to watch in heaven.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.

03-08-12, 3:09 PM

Chose the fifth option,
''Its a temporary hobby/passtime of mine for now.'',
since when I have some free time I spend some of it watching anime.

I recently started watching more since I want to finish all the shows I left halfway and finally check out the ones I keep hearing about.When I'm done with all the animes I want to watch I'll probably go back to just following the weeklies.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices