MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 253 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Naruto: Shippuuden »» Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 253 Discussion

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 253 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

61 62.89%
4 out of 5: Liked it

28 28.87%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 6.19%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 2.06%
Voters: 97

03-08-12, 3:53 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing episode
I think this showed us how powerful tobi really is.
Also at the end there seeing his new mask was awesome!

03-08-12, 4:13 AM

The fight between Tobi and Konan was done really great. Though the end was kind of sloppy in terms of animation and the preview looked nice! Looks like fillers are not a threat any more.

Tobi looking badass!

03-08-12, 5:01 AM

I really loved this episode and was a bit sad because I had my hopes for potential relationship between Konan and Naruto. That would be a good pair of two people who deserve and respect each other.

03-08-12, 5:16 AM

Can't stand how much this show retreads material. It's like I'm watching a soap opera or something.

03-08-12, 5:21 AM

Great ep, till the boring flashback when they were kids.

03-08-12, 5:46 AM

Most of the tracks were off this episode....
Animation of the paper sucked, especially since the amazing CGI of last ep.
The fight was good though, the end was nice.
Not a perfect way to end this good arc.
And we shall begin the new lame arc :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-08-12, 5:48 AM

I knew the outcome since I had read the manga, but I'm still wondering three things..

1.)Isn't Konan(paper) like Suigetsu(water) in being resistant to physical damage due to being made of *insert element already mentioned*? Shouldn't stabbing her, like Madara did, not work? Or at the very least, shouldn't she have been able to turn to paper to escape?

2.)Why didn't Madara at least try to use his Susano's?

3.)Madara took Nagato.. Were Tendo Pein's eyes not good enough?

Please avoid giving me tl;dr answers.

Besides that, good ep. I hope they change the opening soon.

03-08-12, 6:49 AM

-Solo said:
I knew the outcome since I had read the manga, but I'm still wondering three things..

1.)Isn't Konan(paper) like Suigetsu(water) in being resistant to physical damage due to being made of *insert element already mentioned*? Shouldn't stabbing her, like Madara did, not work? Or at the very least, shouldn't she have been able to turn to paper to escape?

1) and 2) I'm guessing maybe they used too much chakra?
I mean Konan was almost collapsing after the huge paper bomb explosion.
As for Madara he seemed to be struggling too, even with his other eye.
This is all just a guess though, probably better answers out there though >~<

3) LOL, lazy? xD I really have no idea. I didn't think about this though aha

And yes, please change the opening, it is time!

..LOL at the frog costumes in the flash back, way too distracting with the plot, I was giggling at them looking all ridiculously cute.

and finally looking forward to the ninja war, bring it on~

03-08-12, 7:38 AM

-Solo said:

I've always assumed that the different paths just copied the the Rinnegan off the original, in this case Nagato, and so when Nagato stops controlling a body they lose the Rinnegan leaving Nagato's the only set that could be taken.

03-08-12, 7:43 AM

-Solo said:

1) le plot holes all over the place?
2) I don't think

3) You mean Yahiko? He doesn't have the Rinnegan, when Nagato uses it, all eyes of the paths that are controlled take the shape of the original(Nagato)'s eyes.
Same when people whose bodies are manipulated by the Sharingan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-08-12, 7:50 AM

-Solo said:

1.) Konan stated in the ep that her "Sacred Paper Emissary Jutsu" had come undone from such a high chakra usage; i can only assume that jutsu is what manifests her ability to manipulate paper at such a high level.

2.) If Madara can really use a true Izanagi like he stated, then Izanagi is a much more suitable jutsu for the situation he was in compared to Susano.

3.) I'm pretty sure the only reason Tendo Pain( and the other Pains as well) had the Rinnegan is because they were being controlled by Nagato with the Six Paths jutsu, basically just being copies of the true Rinnegan and once the jutsu was released they disappeared.

03-08-12, 8:50 AM

alright ep not so good like last week.

-Solo said:

simple he can't he has just the normal Sharingan for Susano he need Mangekyo Sharingan which he said on several occasion he has not....

Modified by bskbob, 03-08-12, 8:53 AM

03-08-12, 9:02 AM
Forum Moderator
Konan used a very good tactic but Madara still managed to evade it.
It's almost like Madara is immortal like there is nothing that can kill him yet he does seem to have a few weaknesses.
Which he seems fully aware of.

03-08-12, 9:14 AM

I liked the Episode. A Fight taking 2 only 2 episodes is rare in Naruto lol... but, it was a good one. Konan was a strong opponent but, not strong enough ;) Good to see an opponent doing 'simulation' before actually fighting lol. Not everyone in there is just going head on in fights.

I liked the Flash Back with Konan and her friend but, could have been shorter. The Toad disguise were a huge WTF O.o'

-Solo said:

1) Hum... The Surprise ? I mean. She seemed very surprise he could reach her like that and hit her.
2) Like Bskbob said; He doesn't have it.
3) There was nothing he could actually want from them. His goal was Nagato from the Start. He's the real holder of the Rinnegan no one else really matter.

What I am wondering is... How does he intend to use the Rinnegan... I mean. He already got 2 very powerful eyes. The Left one being the Sharingan. The Right one being another Sharingan but... that one is just for one particular jutsu and is blind. I don't think he's going to give up on either so... what with the 3rd eyes ?...

Gonna 'create' a new eye cavity between the two ? lol WTF Horrible

03-08-12, 9:29 AM

Good episode. I liked these chapters in the manga and the anime transition didn't disappoint me. Good thing that they decided to cut on the overly exaggerated flash-backs on this one.

The only thing that kind of bothered me is that when Tobi completed Konan's sentence with "...Dead?" he revlead himself in a rather "dull manner" which killed the surprise element. When reading the manga it gave you more of a shock effect by being more sudden, but I guess that it didn't work with the perspective they decided to use in the anime. Meh, this is just me being picky.

Anyways...5/5 for me.

03-08-12, 9:32 AM

bskbob said:

-Solo said:

simple he can't he has just the normal Sharingan for Susano he need Mangekyo Sharingan which he said on several occasion he has not....

He just used Izanagi, doesn't that mean he has the Mangekyou?
Even his sucking jutsu is mangekyou-related

03-08-12, 9:33 AM

last line : "lets go collect the 9 tails "

... good luck ? :D

._. yeah that would be all .

03-08-12, 9:45 AM

x5exotic said:
bskbob said:

-Solo said:

He just used Izanagi, doesn't that mean he has the Mangekyou?
Even his sucking jutsu is mangekyou-related

The only requirements to use Izanagi are having a Sharingan eye and Senju's DNA.

03-08-12, 9:59 AM

It's so sad that Konan is gone. She was really great..

Madara's face looks weird but cool.

03-08-12, 10:11 AM

ClaudiusClotaire said:
The fight between Tobi and Konan was done really great. Though the end was kind of sloppy in terms of animation and the preview looked nice! Looks like fillers are not a threat any more.

Tobi looking badass!

Yet looks like were safe.

This is currently the line up

"The Bridge to Peace"
"Heiwa e no Kakehashi" (平和への懸け橋) March 8, 2012 TBA
254 "The Super Secret S Rank Mission"
"Doesu-kyū Gokuhi Ninmu" (ドS級極秘任務) March 15, 2012 TBA
255 "The Artist Returns"
"Geijutsuka Futatabi" (芸術家再び) March 22, 2012 TBA
Amass! Shinobi Allied Forces!"
"Shūketsu! Shinobi Rengōgun!" (集結! 忍連合軍!) March 29, 2012

According to the manga, 256 would be the first episode of this world war arc, March 29th, Awesome news!

In any case, yes for the love of god change the opening, this opening does not suit this part of the story any more.
Modified by link9us, 03-08-12, 10:32 AM
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.

[img]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/link9us.png[/img]

[img]http://backloggery.com/link9us/sig.gif[/img]

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices