MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

New TV Series of Lupin III Due in April
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» New TV Series of Lupin III Due in April

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
03-08-12, 12:11 AM

Might have to check this one out. It's been almost a decade since I last saw a Lupin show.

03-08-12, 1:33 AM

Yamamoto, Koike and a Lupin series focusing on Fujiko? So many kinds of HNNNNGH.

03-08-12, 7:40 AM

Very nice.

03-08-12, 1:15 PM

Having Fujiko as the lead and being directed by the same woman as Michiko e Hatchin makes this very interesting. Lupin III is reliably entertaining enough to always merit some attention, but this actually has me curious. Fujiko is a cool character, but is sometimes lowered to being defined by only her cheesecake appeal or by her relationship with Lupin; this, however, could be something refreshing.

The designs in the accompanying image are interesting too. I like the look of it a lot, but all of the men do look rather menacing and sinister. I wonder if it means that Lupin et al will be less affable rogues and more dangerous criminals in this series. That too, could be refreshing.

I really very eager to see this.

03-08-12, 5:31 PM

Okada Mari, huh? This should be interesting, her works are oddly inconsistent.

03-08-12, 5:33 PM

casting = bad
= anime is bad
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

03-08-12, 10:13 PM

Fucking stoked for this; this is going to be great. Or not...but I have reasonably high hopes.

24601 said:
casting = bad
= anime is bad

Yeah I enjoy talking shit about anime that hasn't even aired yet, either.

Modified by Hias, 03-08-12, 10:17 PM

03-08-12, 10:50 PM

I"m not sure if im going to like this or not. WTF call it Lupin III if its about Fujiko. I aint going to lie though in the latest movies/specials she really aint get no screen time. Then again they did movies just about her so...

Well i wont have my hopes up if it disappoints.

03-09-12, 1:06 AM

Wow. Thanks, Japan. I'm going to have even less of a social life this spring when all these awesome new shows come out.

Is it bad that I'm going to make this my first Lupin? :V

03-09-12, 7:41 AM

Never_Know_Best said:
Wow. Thanks, Japan. I'm going to have even less of a social life this spring when all these awesome new shows come out.

Is it bad that I'm going to make this my first Lupin? :V

LOL maybe, If you want to know all about Lupin III watch the previous series. Since this is mostly about his partner in crime Fujiko.

03-09-12, 8:32 AM

The king is back :)

03-09-12, 9:14 AM

Should Ecchi be listed as a genre for this show?

Didn't the manga have lots of nudity?

Plus the NSFW banner at the website might be a sign of what to expect
http://lupin40.com/tv/

Airing at around 1:30 in the morning also implies it's for a mature (horny) audience. :)

03-09-12, 9:22 AM

Hias said:
Fucking stoked for this; this is going to be great. Or not...but I have reasonably high hopes.

24601 said:
casting = bad
= anime is bad

Yeah I enjoy talking shit about anime that hasn't even aired yet, either.

llren about Lupin and you will see why ths is bad cast
none of the main 3 whose sieiyuus are still alive are played by there proper Seiyuu so its bad casting

2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

03-09-12, 10:54 AM

24601 said:
none of the main 3 whose sieiyuus are still alive are played by there proper Seiyuu so its bad casting

In other words, recasting is just bad, full stop, no matter what. Even though we have no idea if the existing seiyuu were still interested in or available to do the roles. Or any of the other many considerations that go into casting. Uh huh.

Don't say "bad cast" when what you mean is "not the same cast". Not everyone automatically considers every single change to be inherently bad.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

03-10-12, 8:59 AM

I've been (impatiently) waiting to see Yamamoto Sayo's next anime.

Michiko to Hatchin is one of my all time favorites.

03-11-12, 10:32 PM

Top 5 quality. Yes, I can time travel.

03-12-12, 8:11 AM

24601 said:

I remember you whined about the same thing when the most recent special came out last year. I'm sure the new cast will play their parts just fine, the original cast cannot be around forever, you know.

Get over it.

03-13-12, 12:15 PM

Hias said:
24601 said:

I remember you whined about the same thing when the most recent special came out last year. I'm sure the new cast will play their parts just fine, the original cast cannot be around forever, you know.

Get over it.

The new cast doesnt bug me 2 much but the damn story better be top notch. It will probably have a lot of nudity in it but i hope its not just the fan service. Fujiko usually only gets naked just 2 get her way.

03-13-12, 12:34 PM

Hias said:
24601 said:

Get over it.

sue me is im a fan of proper casting i like the actors in most of there otthers parts but its not right for them to Darrin a role of a still living actor just to appole to young people who will not watch the anime any way

9 merchandise sales

03-13-12, 8:04 PM

24601 said:
sue me is im a fan of proper casting

"Proper" and "same" are not synonyms.

i like the actors in most of there otthers parts but its not right for them to Darrin a role of a still living actor just to appole to young people who will not watch the anime any way

What inside knowledge do you possess that allows you to make these statements? There's more that goes into casting decisions than whether someone is still breathing or not. I don't think you'd get far as a casting director in the anime industry.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices