Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2012 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
JadedLover said:
Queen_Stars said:
Who's hands where in the final frame and what did those two discs beside them state?
Forgot to state - lovely art. ;)
Mereum and Komugi's hands. The discs were the game pieces.

Thanks - forgot about them and was at a loss. :o

Mar 7, 2012 2:13 PM

Feb 2010
Kurapika is back! every time we see him with that face **** is going down.
Mar 7, 2012 3:07 PM

Jun 2011
Seems like Kurapika has gained a lot of wealth from his attire and surroundings. Which makes sense, as his mission of eye collection is not cheap. But what things did he have to do to get all the money? I worry if it isn't legal.
Mar 7, 2012 3:33 PM

Oct 2009
HOLY SHIT WAS THAT KURAPIKA!!!!!!!!!!?????????<333333

haha he looked awkward in the first page that we saw him(probably cause it's been forever since we have seen him) and much better and normal in the second one
Mar 7, 2012 3:47 PM

Jan 2008
This chapter was fucking beautiful. Never thought I'd see an effective zero dialogue (besides the first two pages) chapter in a shounen manga.
Mar 7, 2012 5:57 PM

Oct 2009
Wow.

I'm scared, what will the next chapter reveal?

Those guides were Kil's servants? What the hell lol, that was like from chapter 1x or something LOL.

Kura ... pika ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2012 6:54 PM

May 2008
dark-chaos said:

Whoa impressive. I really have no memories of seeing Kaito's disciples.

And thanks all for the little reminders on other stuff such as the bet between Morel and Knov.
Mar 7, 2012 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAH KURAPIKAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

I missed you so much, my love.
But he looked kinda......strange. His gaze and posture were almost the same, as Kuroro's...

And damn, this chapter felt so finale-like. What's with that lately. There are still many things left, to show. He can't end it, just like that.
Mar 7, 2012 8:44 PM

Feb 2009
I don't quite get the part about the butlers. Was that the beast that Gon met in the Hunter exam who brought them to the first phase? So he's a butler now?

Well this really marks the end of the Chimera ant arc I guess. Now for a new arc since Kurapika has finally showed up.
Mar 7, 2012 10:34 PM

Aug 2007
For anyone who didn't get it this chapter concluded the ant arc and election. Also all loose ends from the past 100+ chapters even small things and questions. Excluding what Ging introduced the world of HxH and what's next for our main characters

Gotoh was replaced with a fake so Killua didn't know he died.
Morau had a bet earlier in the story I forgot with who but they spent the money the million on a bottle. Watching those birds was also part of some dialogue from the ant arc. So either a time skip or Gon's new life of adventure without Killua the story continues and it's gonna be better than ever. I can't wait.
Mar 8, 2012 12:30 AM

Jan 2012
Something was mentioned about the Zodiacs next chapter, so lets see if the editors are right!
Mar 8, 2012 3:42 AM

Apr 2011
Shoot's alive :)
Mar 8, 2012 3:56 AM

Jan 2008
A rather nice chapter even without dialogue. But seriously a lot has happened back then and I really forgot much of them. But the aura Kurapika is giving is really not a good sign in my opinion. Now I'm really looking forward to the next arc!

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Mar 8, 2012 5:17 AM

Jun 2009
so that;s kurapika..XDD
i really didn't know him at first but after i read some of the posts here..

he;'s kurapika now.XD

and the king is alive!! woah!
Mar 8, 2012 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
everyone must read the Arc again now will be more enjoyable And more sense

For the view birds during sunset
It was something planned from the beginning

when gon ask spina about why she has become a hunter
she said about the view birds during sunset

Morel & Knov was between them a gamble

Morel bet on the return shoot and Knuckle only, But all five have returned
Mar 8, 2012 12:01 PM
Feb 2012
Interesting chapter, despite the lack of words xD

Will re-rad this arc to make more sense of thing definitely, some interesting faces this chapter,was a good chapter, can't wait till the next :)
Mar 8, 2012 8:54 PM

Jul 2011
Pikon said:
Seems like Kurapika has gained a lot of wealth from his attire and surroundings. Which makes sense, as his mission of eye collection is not cheap. But what things did he have to do to get all the money? I worry if it isn't legal.

kisami said:
lol....well words weren't needed...but some words would have been nice.
Hawaiian420 said:
Thanks LOL, I don't even remember them.
dark-chaos said:
everyone must read the Arc again now will be more enjoyable And more sense

For the view birds during sunset
It was something planned from the beginning

when gon ask spina about why she has become a hunter
she said about the view birds during sunset

Morel & Knov was between them a gamble

Morel bet on the return shoot and Knuckle only, But all five have returned
Mar 9, 2012 1:02 PM

Oct 2007
Alpharon said:
Shoot's alive :)

OMG, I KNOW! Happy day!

The end of this arc was absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, beautiful. There are no other words to describe it. Togashi made such a mess over the past arc but all of it fell into perspective with this chapter. Both Kaitou and Shoot are back (I have a thing about my favorite characters always dying or vanishing; one of my others was Pokkle).

This chapter means so much more when you read it in a silent environment, too, which fortunately, I had the pleasure of experiencing.

20/10.
Mar 10, 2012 8:30 PM

May 2011
There are so many quotes I want to make but for the first time there are too many! xD

As soon as I hit the bottom of page 11, and saw those pair of hands, I felt such a unique thrill...I'm so happy!! XD I hate to say this but from this chapter Kurapika really has the demeanor of a Spider but nonetheless I can't wait to see what's happened.

Thank you everyone for the info, I have to admit I forgot about the bet. ^^;

Did Gotoh die? I think I missed an event...
Mar 11, 2012 8:43 AM

Jan 2011
oneyardcoastline said:
There are so many quotes I want to make but for the first time there are too many! xD

As soon as I hit the bottom of page 11, and saw those pair of hands, I felt such a unique thrill...I'm so happy!! XD I hate to say this but from this chapter Kurapika really has the demeanor of a Spider but nonetheless I can't wait to see what's happened.

Thank you everyone for the info, I have to admit I forgot about the bet. ^^;

Did Gotoh die? I think I missed an event...

yeah Gotoh is dead
These creatures can appear like any human body
they helped Killua in Greed Island

Seems he appear like Gotoh to keep Gotoh death a secret ,so Killua and Alluka will stay Happy
Mar 29, 2012 4:27 AM

Jun 2008
Well thank God i read this chapter discussion because quite a few things i had a hard time remembering.
Kurabika really has a dark aura around him. I guess that could explain why he never came to see the injured Gon or to vote.
Mar 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Mar 2012
This has got to be one of the most brilliant chapters of all time. Barely any words :') yet so much was done all at once. Togashi's one of the very few people who can actually end a plot-point very neatly and beautifully.
This arc barely had any fights yet it was so amazing. That's good writing that makes this the best battle shonen out there.

Now I wanna re-read the whole manga and not just this arc...
(or I'll give YYH another try since I dropped it)
End Zionazism
Mar 31, 2013 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
I am sooo happy that KURAPIKA IS FREAKING BACK!!!! GOD, EVER SINCE THE YORKNEW ARC HE NEVER GOT ANY SCREEN TIME!!!!! although in some parts he did but that's too little!! But, seriously, I really first did not know that was really kurapika and I was like, WHO THE HECK IS THIS GUY???!?? but then I realize that was kurapika and I was like, WTH HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR AND YOUR CLOTHES A-AND YOUR FACE BECAUSE IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE KURAPIKA THAT I KNOW. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BODY GUARD WORK???? GAHHH, MY HEAD IS ALL MIXED UPPP!!!!! but it was a great chapter but there is too many question about kurapika!!!!!! >://///

Aug 21, 2013 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
I recently reread HxH and am convinced that this is the perfect point to end the 2011 adaption. All big plot points of the CA and election arc are closed with the other, overarching plotthreads like Gyro being left at such a state that they can be easily incorporated into an open ending. Not to mention the initial goal - Gon finding Ging - has been reached.
The chapter itself would make for a great final montage as the opening plays for one last time, giving it closure while allowing Madhouse to continue with the anime once the series has progressed further.

Edit:
Jup, just play Departure over this video and you'll see how perfect it fits...
NidhoeggrMay 28, 2014 3:31 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 11, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
Beautiful, yeah this is definitely what the 2011 anime should end with. Great stuff

Some details, though like how Kurapika looks. He looks at the eyes and he almost seems....sad? And that suit, really interested in what is up with him. Otherwise, I like that this paid homage to all of the great characters we've met and, I'll admit, that I felt a certain satisfaction at the chapter ending with the clasped hands of my favorite two characters.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2014 9:54 PM

Jan 2013
Hmmm, Kurapika.
Whats up with the close up on Meruem and Komugi.
Aug 31, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2010
Very enjoyable chapter tying things together!
Oct 23, 2017 5:14 AM

Nov 2010
That Kurapika reveal is awesome.

And that completes the Election Arc. I think it was the perfect way for Togashi to go after the Chimera Ant arc. That was a huge and draining arc. It's just great to have this shorter and quick paced arc, with some reappearances of old characters and more comedy. It's great that the arc is in two stories, the healing of Gon and the Chairman election. It never slows down and always keeps you guessing what will happen next. And the way these two stories play into each other is excellent.

The arc also introduces some of my favourite characters, Pariston, Ging and Alluka specifically. Pariston is such a lovable evil mastermind. The way he's more interested in the game rather than winning makes him really interesting. And most of the stuff with Ging is just hilarious. Somehow, he can be both a total douche and a pretty cool guy at the same time. I just love how it throws the readers expectation of him after being hyped for so long. His appearance actually reminds me a bit of the anticlimactic ending of the Three Kings Arc in Yu Yu Hakusho.

Killua is my favourite of the main characters so it's great to get more of him, and he really shines this arc. His relationship with Alluka is really so sweet. A lot of people in these past chapter discussions seem to be very confused over Alluka. I remember the initial fan translated chapters did keep changing calling her either a she or he constantly, and it was different with different chapters or different translators. But with the Viz translations, at least it's pretty straight forward and easy to understand. Killua calls her a she while the rest of the family calls her a he. I think it's pretty clear she's supposed to be a transgirl and that Killua is the only family member that accepts that. It fits perfectly with how Killua is the only one that accepts her overall. If so, it's great to see Togashi having improved in writing these kind of characters.
Dec 10, 2022 9:22 PM
Mar 2022
13th hunter chairman election arc finished

Underrated, i really love this arc.
Jul 8, 2023 10:58 PM
Apr 2022
Ah now it's time to read hunter x hunter. I was waiting for anime some day to comeback, but now I ran out of patience. I don't care if hxh is left vague on the biggest fkin cliffhanger. Now I just want to consume it. Now taking my hxh consumption from time-to-time makes me hxh sick.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.