Episode Information
Forums

Mar 7, 2012 6:11 AM

I just realized that Seitokai no Ichizon got a second season Seitokai no Ichizon 2 and it has been over 2 years since the first season ended. there for it should be a good change for a angel beats second season as well. don't say to yourself "Ah well it have been one year now no second season for sure.." lets keep up hope people! :)

Mar 7, 2012 6:47 AM

I would agree with this except that we need original materiels. Now we have a starting point with the end of first season however how to elaborate from there? Well for one a mobilization of ideals must be manifested and reach the staff of this anime and then perhaps works will start.

Personally a KICK IN THE ASS to the staff to make a second season through different means is needed is the point.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Mar 7, 2012 7:13 AM

I can't see how the story will continue from the first one. The story of them living in the "afterlife" had ended.

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell

Mar 7, 2012 12:08 PM

Innoxious said:
I can't see how the story will continue from the first one. The story of them living in the "afterlife" had ended.
This.

As much as I love Angel Beats, the story is over. The whole cast moved on.

What could they possible do aside from making an entire new cast? It would just be a spinoff if they did that.

Just let Angel Beats rest already. It was an awesome anime and will be remembered as such.

Mar 7, 2012 12:12 PM

if they would even think about making a second season, they would need to remake the last few episodes of this series and just make the more story about other characters wishes

Mar 7, 2012 12:34 PM

Basically what everyone said. . . Now I wouldn't mind like an OVA of them in their current lives now but a whole new season I don't see happening. No more material so they would have to make more and it could be a HUGE change of pace if it went from the afterlife and with the whole Angel/guns thing to basically a normal every day life.(if they follow the original characters)

or they would probably get a new set of characters and follow their days in the afterlife. However I don't think I'd be to excited by the thought. I think what's done is done and they probably should just keep it that way.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Mar 7, 2012 1:08 PM

dfsafsaf said:
if they would even think about making a second season, they would need to remake the last few episodes of this series and just make the more story about other characters wishes
Or continue with another person or a person from the last season that might stayed there. They do not need to change the ED of the last season, however the same characters will not be there anymore. It still regardless does not mean new ones that are as good as the older ones cannot come into play.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Mar 7, 2012 1:09 PM

screw a second season of this, give us little busters
JizzyHitler said:
Only pretentious fucks quote themselves
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2012 1:39 PM

Hmm looks like this new cheer up thread found a wrong way:/

Mar 9, 2012 1:34 PM
Forum Moderator
I was pretty satisfied with the ending of the first season and it's impossible to make a second season that follows in it's footsteps.
Unless they are planning to make the second season about the few years that we didn't see.
The only other way you could make a second season is to make one with other characters or in a alternate universe but i guess you would make people tired of the concept that way.

Mar 14, 2012 2:56 PM

dfsafsaf said:

Remake the whole series, you mean.

Mar 14, 2012 3:06 PM

I agree with the remake idea, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

It needs to be longer. And maybe have a smaller cast of characters, and fully develop those. Also, Naoi as the enemy needs to last longer. Much longer.

Mar 24, 2012 2:26 AM

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=666963

Anyway...

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Mar 24, 2012 2:29 AM

Not going to happen, and thank god for that. You have no idea how many characters a second season ruins, and how often it turns out to be better than the first. I can name one off the top of my head, and that's obviously After Story. Otherwise, no. Do not want.

Mar 24, 2012 3:02 AM

I want remake of the first season with 20+ episodes... And the same ending. I think that would satisfy everyone...

Mar 24, 2012 3:08 AM

akutasame94 said:
I want remake of the first season with 20+ episodes... And the same ending. I think that would satisfy everyone...
Now this sounds reasonable, but in about five years. It's too soon right now. :(

Mar 24, 2012 6:05 AM

BringDownTheSun said:
akutasame94 said:
Now this sounds reasonable, but in about five years. It's too soon right now. :(

Well I am ready for it now, but I'll gladly watch it in 5 years...

Mar 24, 2012 6:06 AM

The story is over. They'll ruin it if they make a second season.

Mar 30, 2012 2:53 PM

I think they've moved on to the Little Busters anime.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.

Mar 31, 2012 2:12 AM

Mar 31, 2012 2:51 AM

Without Jun Maeda? Probably manga, possibly about their new lives (since other manga did everything else)...

Apr 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Oh boy..hope its not a Visual Novel but no Jun Maeda..
Modified by Tyrel, Apr 1, 2012 3:55 PM

Apr 18, 2012 12:19 AM

I personally feel the only way for this anime to have a 2nd season w/o spoiling it is to pick up from the alternate ending and add new characters in.

Apr 18, 2012 12:46 AM

The most I can see coming out of this is a prequel, examining the lives of each character, possibly followed by an epilogue showing them in their new lives.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13

Apr 19, 2012 1:22 AM

Well i think almost everyone of us would wish for a 2nd season maybe even a 3rd but the thing is that what we want is quality not a lot of episodes. while we want a 2nd season if possible we should consider if a 2nd season would spoil the anime or not.

May 2, 2012 2:52 AM

If they want to make a second season (impossible though, just my thinking)
well, Otonashi become student council president just like this another epilogue, then he can't leave the world because he's waiting for Kanade... After some time helping the others, now he met another people which can remind him of the SSS and Kanade.
Now, with some new conflict and stuff. He entrust his job to that people, then Otonashi regret all vanished, and he reincarnated to the world like the original ending. Now the only topic that I can think to make a happy ending is that all members of SSS and Kanade are going to the same school (in the real world) and hopefully they remember each other that they've already met, and fulfill their promise like Hinata and Yui, also Otonashi to Kanade of course. Well, logically it's impossible for them to have the same name like in their previous life, so just make a new name for them but still the same individuals.
I think it'll work..
Oh yeah, I also remember that Eureka 7 has 2nd season after 6 years being untouched, plus they also use the word "next stage" in another epilogue, so why so pessimist?
Modified by Archlyte, May 2, 2012 3:04 AM

May 5, 2012 9:25 PM

many anime have endings where loose ends are left which can leave room for sequels. angel beats was not one of them. everything was resolved. the ending was satisfactory. a sequel would only taint the first season.

May 5, 2012 11:14 PM

Angel Beats ~After Story~

LOL.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

May 6, 2012 3:36 AM

NoobHunterD said:
Angel Beats ~After Story~

LOL.
LOL, don't use the same thing twice
~After Life~ or ~After World~

May 9, 2012 6:07 AM

hmm,after life heh why not ^^

May 22, 2012 9:24 AM

Wait a sec, that news thingy, it said April 10, it's already passed April 10 o.o. And the specials are from 2 years ago.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

Aug 10, 2012 3:28 PM

I agree that doing an entire new season might do more harm than good. I think they should just do a few OVA's showing the new lives of everyone in the story.

Aug 12, 2012 4:43 AM

I think they could make a good sequel, maybe where everyone returns to that world. After all they did hint that the chances were not zero for something like that to happen. But they really could have made the first season quite a bit longer. This is now one of the most amazing anime that I have watched.

Aug 12, 2012 5:21 AM

A bunch of OVAs explaining a bit more about the many side characters and their stories would be nice, but I don't think there's really a lot of room to develop the story line anymore without ruining it. Another story involving the same place but with different characters could be alright, but I don't think it'd have the same potential because they couldn't really re-use the twist with Kanade or Tenshi, (sorry i can't remember how to spell names very well).

Aug 30, 2012 6:21 AM

Here is what the hype about april 10 new project was all about

I still have hope for a remake or something :/

Aug 31, 2012 11:51 AM

You know what I would really like to see them do? Give Angel Beats the Haruhi treatment. Make the story again, but fill in the details. Expand on other characters and make the ones we already love even better. A huge complaint lots of people had when they said they didn't like Angel Beats was that it was too short. If they remade the main story with some minor adjustments but added tons of new stuff, that would definitely make Angel Beats twice as good, and it's already a damn good anime. It has tons of potential for comedy and for tragedy, if they expanded on it, it would be right up there with the classics, and Clannad After Story and Steins;Gate.

P.S. No Endless Eight please oh god no.

Apr 4, 2013 9:39 AM

Well, remake sounds pretty good
but my expectation is they continue it from another epilogue.. Maybe it'll be like Yuzuru meet new people in that world and they'll convince him to go after Kanade in real world

Apr 4, 2013 9:41 AM

OVA > Series.