Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 7, 2012 5:10 PM
Apr 2011
To me its boring and the bad evil guy looks like Ichigos grandfather or something and why did he cut his arm and he did it without even moving lol and it would've been better if he cut his legs and put some wings on his back to fly around the room much better yeah.
And why didn't Ichigo killed ИВАН but no he needed to talk and let him escape.
Mar 7, 2012 5:37 PM
Mar 2010
The thing is, how would Sasikabe know that they could destroy bankai? While I guess he could have it, I'm going to take a wild guess here and say he does not have bankai. I think he was talking about something else, and the contrast with Ivan right after commenting on Ichigo's bankai not dissapearing was to throw us off.
Mar 7, 2012 5:39 PM
Feb 2012
The chapter was very meh to me. I know that the arc is just getting started and it'll probably pick up in time, but it feels like the chapters of the last few weeks could have easily been condensed into one or two chapters to me. As for the whole "They can Bankai" line, it doesn't have the effect that it probably should for me, no matter the meaning. If it's supposed to mean they can use Bankai, than it's not really that shocking given that the very concept of Bankai as this great power has started to wear down for me and it honestly doesn't feel like that big a deal anymore. If it means they can cancel Bankai, than that would probably be something important, but all we have is people SAYING it cancels out Bankai, without ever actually seeing it happen. The one time it's been used, it failed, so it doesn't feel all that threatening.
Mar 7, 2012 5:40 PM

Nov 2010
are they going to kidnap Orihime again to heal that guy's arm (again) ???? i kind of hope so hahaha
Mar 7, 2012 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
kickthebucket said:
are they going to kidnap Orihime again to heal that guy's arm (again) ???? i kind of hope so hahaha

Haha. That would just make my day :/
Yes. Yes. My avatar is s sheep ._ .
Mar 7, 2012 5:53 PM
Feb 2012
Bleach has really fallen wuts with every character startin to look alike the big boss looks like zangetsu and the dude who fought Ichigo, Ivan, looks just like the dude who got his arm cut off or blasted off i had high hopes for thist arc because of how they rushed the fullbringer arc but it just seems like another war between the quincys, who r supposed to be dead, and the soul reapers
Mar 7, 2012 7:35 PM

Jun 2011
I didn't enjoy the previous chapters of this arc, but this was awesome.

Mar 7, 2012 8:16 PM

Apr 2008
Whoooa, is that the guy behind the...what did Aizen call it? The "King's Key"?
Mar 7, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty sure whatshisname meant that they can seal Bankai, not THEY CAN BANKAI, which is hilarious sounding.

Buck Beard lolwut.

I'm surprised to be saying this, the new guy looks cool. He's like a tougher version of Kenpachi.
Mar 7, 2012 10:56 PM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
Also, people remember this?

NOw aizen will fight on the same side as Ichigo (they both are facing the silhouete who looks like the guy we just got introduced to)

lol Fai, you sure make things Bleach interesting with your thorough knowledge about it
so more likely Ulquiorra will be revive then
Mar 7, 2012 11:10 PM

Jul 2010
kickthebucket said:

Lol! Same here! xD
Mar 8, 2012 12:53 AM

Jul 2007
j0x said:
Fai said:

Now aizen will fight on the same side as Ichigo (they both are facing the silhouete who looks like the guy we just got introduced to)

lol Fai, you sure make things Bleach interesting with your thorough knowledge about it
so more likely Ulquiorra will be revive then

Nope. That cover art shows all the enemies Ichigo fought. and "got past" so to say. Its the path of Ichigo's from start to the finish, with those he defeated and learned something standing looking towards the reader while he looks towards the "future".
However Aizen stands equally with him looking towards the same direction Ichigo does towards the black thing in the upper corner of the cover.
Mar 8, 2012 1:13 AM

Apr 2008
-MgZ_ said:
The big boss name is Gold Roger XD

Yes, makes sense. Gol D. Roger didn't really die, it was a double. instead he stayed at Raftel which is really a portal to our world, where he then found his way to our world and him and his crew will fight Ichigo.
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Mar 8, 2012 2:48 AM

Aug 2007
hungry_bunny said:
And if that was the spirit king, holy crap, not what I expected... looked like Zangetsu's dad.

LOL I thought the same :DDD
Mar 8, 2012 7:53 AM
Jan 2012
So this mysterious group is provoking Soul Society for the sake of peace.

I think they're a rouge faction of the Royal Guard.
Mar 8, 2012 9:29 AM
Jan 2012
The dude on the last page does have some similarities with Zangetsu... maybe we will find something more - I have a feeling Zangetsu and Engetsu (and any othet -getsu that may join the part) will be important in the story...

Also, Ichigo constantly being stabbed in the chest, arms being cut off... wtf Kubo, are you trying to give us a hint about some kind of crazy fetish you have or what?
Mar 8, 2012 9:55 AM

Apr 2011
Risa_chan said:
hungry_bunny said:
And if that was the spirit king, holy crap, not what I expected... looked like Zangetsu's dad.

LOL I thought the same :DDD

lol i hope he isnt the spirit king.xD he looks lame.;)
Mar 8, 2012 5:48 PM

Mar 2008
Arashi89 said:
An organization of characters before their leader in a pure white hideout.
One of which got all hot and bothered and went after Ichigo.
An unruly member is disciplined by having his arm removed.

For fuck's sake Kubo. Do you think we got the memory of a goldfish?

I totally agree. This is a horrible way of going about the end of Bleach. It looked like a good start, but it's going downhill very fast. I mean wtf, random guys coming and fighting without a reason. It looks like another Fullbring arc to me.
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Mar 8, 2012 6:49 PM
Nov 2011
i wonder whats this last arc is gonna end and I WANNA SEE RUKIA AGAIN!
Mar 9, 2012 4:59 AM

Jul 2009
Lol, Kubo.
I'm losing interest again. So many generic villains and ineffective power hype. Hopefully things will improve soon. While Kubo occasionally has some good ideas, he's just not a story teller.

I'm going to go rewatch Yu Yu Hakusho, and cry over the future of the anime industry XD
Mar 9, 2012 7:16 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
hungry_bunny said:
Fai said:
*pic*

NOw aizen will fight on the same side as Ichigo (they both are facing the silhouete who looks like the guy we just got introduced to)
Where the hell does that picture come from? Don't remember it at all, but that silhouette could esily fit the man on the throne.

And something just hit me, Ivan said he wanted to destroy Ichigo's bankai, perhaps he wanted to make the soul inside his zanpakatou vanish just like a Quincy makes a hollow vanish. Perhaps it didn't work because Ichigo has already emptied out his inner world by using the final getsuga tenshou...

It would be an unbelievably practical coincidence, almost as if someone had prepared Ichigo for this meeting.

Its from the very start of fullbring arc.

Also I think its more because Ichigo is NOT exactly a shinigami now. He was already unique even at the start due to his birth circumstances and now his power is a weird mix of shinigami, arrancar and fullbringer. And not just a mix like with vaiizards arrancar or fb's, but truly something new. Pretty much ichigo was not affected because he is a transcendent.

And Yeah I am thinking Ichigo is SS pet project of breaking through into vandenreich(since "vandenreich is can be used as place as it means Invisible/Unseen/Hidden Realm/Empire).
I'm starting to remember the picture now, I think I even discussed it in a thread in MAL, must have been near the time when those side story chapters for the 4th Bleach movie popped up... weird how it just slipped my mind.

Hmm, whether it was the emptying of his inner world or the true fusion of his powers, the fact remains that it probably wouldn't be possible to stop that spell without FGT. In any case, I'm not sure what Ichigo is anymore, can't even guess right now.

But I don't know about him being a secret SS pet project, SS might have been aware of him before he was even born, they might have decided to use him, but not sure if they were involved in planting the seed. And then there's Karin, Ichigo's sister, who's also showing early signs of impressive abilities that are too similar to Ichigo's.

I think the secrets are hidden in Isshin's back story and who he is/was. He might have been connected to Aizen and Ukitake once... but he can't be a pawn of one of them... I think...

Mar 10, 2012 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
Is it just me... or is that place like EXACTLY similar to Hueco Mundo? xDD
And with the guy getting his arm chopped off too. Lawlz.
Mar 11, 2012 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
Rizzle said:
So many generic villains and ineffective power hype.

Well, Bleach is a shounen manga. You can't escape the power hype with those.

I don't really know what to say about the chapter, it's still the start of a new arc so it's early to judge anything, imo, but I hope it won't disappoint...
Mar 12, 2012 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm.. am surprised no one commented on those guys saying to the commander that is not too hard to guess who we are.
So they are a known quantity or should be to the shinigami's. This mean that they certainly ain't some new power and they are ether a Quincy type or royal quarts.
With that am wondering why Yamamoto got so surprised by the bankai talk. Did he not figured out who they were? Since they said t was easy i thought he would immediately realize.

If that guy is the spirit kind i disagree with people saying he looks lame. He actually looks very cool. Kind of disappointed by the place if that's the case though. Why would be he be in a frozen place and in such a building?
The mentioning of piece brings interesting questions about him possibly being the spirit king.

Btw what is it with those things left and right of the building? It reminds of the home of Kuukaku.
Mar 12, 2012 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
The king of the empire ay.
Mar 14, 2012 3:00 AM

Oct 2007
interesting

they seem to all be a combination of arrancar, shinigami, quincy and whatever else you come across in bleach O_O

they won't kidnap orihime because even that byakuya+aizen offspring is most likely capable of using that silly healing tehnique
JudgeRuthlessMar 14, 2012 3:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2012 8:51 AM

Mar 2011
-MgZ_ said:
The big boss name is Gold Roger XD

MY EXACT THOUGHTS...!!!!! trolol
Well... That was the most amusing thing in this chapter... =.=

-MgZ_ said:
We haven't even seen Kyouraku and Ukitake's Bankai yet :p
Personally, I still want to see Zaraki's Bankai, or at least know its name... >.> That's the probem with Kubo-sensei, he keeps adding new characters and starting new arcs without ever finishing what he's already started. passes over old characters and patches together new ones, where's a chance for character development?!? At least complete the characters to begin with! OTL...
And I'm not going to stop complaining about Zangatsu either. Does he even remember him?! Ichigo recovered his powers at last, and his powers=Zangetsu, basically, so where the hell is he?!?! After that emotional farewell when Aizen was defeated (holy crap, that was a long time ago) you're just going to pass over the reunion?! Don't mess with me man!!!

... so what was I saying? oh right,
ENTER, GOL D. ROGER!!!!!!!
*facepalm*
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Mar 14, 2012 9:03 AM

Mar 2011
shakeyourpup45 said:
Whoooa, is that the guy behind the...what did Aizen call it? The "King's Key"?
That's what I'm thinking, But it's been so long since the "King" guy was brought up that I think Kubo-Sensei even forgot about it... OTL lol. It's not like it was mentioned much in the first place, was it? for a second I was doubting if it was even from this series... oh jeez. I mean, they did say "it should be easy to guess who we are" but that could mean anything to us dumb readers (seriously, Kubo thinks we're dumb, right?) I was really thinking maybe they were Quincys... but who knows. I won't even bother with how horribly this arc is starting, I think everyone else has covered that pretty well. We probably shouldn't be too had on the Mangaka, if I were writing the same series for the past decade I'd be getting pretty washed out too... ahhh...
A pinky-promise
ain't something you take lightly
-- Sakata Gintoki

GINTAMA... I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR LEVELED-UP RETURN!!!! I'M WAITING FOR YOU... KINTAMA!!!!!?!!

For the rest of you waiting with me... GO READ GINTAMA NOW!! (start at 372 where the anime left off)
And everyone else, GO WATCH GINTAMA!! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!!
Mar 14, 2012 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
hungry_bunny said:

It would be an unbelievably practical coincidence, almost as if someone had prepared Ichigo for this meeting.

That would be hilarious. Ichigo defeats the final villain, the day is saved, last panel showing Aizen "So Ichigo won? Everything went according to plan. I was good all along, you can release me now."
Mar 14, 2012 6:11 PM

Feb 2011
Ok, so glad to see i'm not the only one seeing the resemblance between Zangetsu. I was kind of thinking, what if that is Zangetsu and the reason the guy was so surprised about Ichigo's bankai is because their leader is Zangetsu?!?
Mar 15, 2012 10:19 AM

Apr 2009
Arashi89 said:
An organization of characters before their leader in a pure white hideout.
One of which got all hot and bothered and went after Ichigo.
An unruly member is disciplined by having his arm removed.

For fuck's sake Kubo. Do you think we got the memory of a goldfish?

Couldn't have said it better myself -.- I recently realized that Bleach tires me x__X
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 16, 2012 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
Damn, just learned that Bleach is absent from Weekly Shonen Jump this week. Would have been nice if they had marked that somewhere in chapter 484. Another week of waiting for 485.

Mar 18, 2012 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
hungry_bunny said:
Damn, just learned that Bleach is absent from Weekly Shonen Jump this week. Would have been nice if they had marked that somewhere in chapter 484. Another week of waiting for 485.

Yeah. Or on some kind of a timetable.
Mar 19, 2012 9:25 PM
Mar 2012
that buckbeard is the zangetsu look alike is behind of trying to steal ichigo bankai?
Mar 20, 2012 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
*sigh*

I'm getting Rumiko Takahashi syndrome from some of these villain designs. Why do so many of these guys look related to Aizen somehow? The chapter served its purpose, but did little to get me excited for what's coming up.

Apr 3, 2012 1:05 AM
Mar 2009
Lolwut. We got a place that looks eerily similar to Las Noches...

That Ivan guy was like Grimmjow, except the Ulquiorra-like guy was the one who got his arm chopped off. Lulz.

Big, bad, boss is already revealed?
Apr 16, 2012 10:57 AM

Mar 2011
GrindPantera said:
omg the guy at the end looked like zangetsu!!! (also why is there so many people in bleach looking like aizen??) and seriously... 15 pages only? WHY! why can't we AT LEAST have 20 pages to enjoy, half of the bleach chapters are dust and smashes! I'm beginning to dislike bleach.... fairy tail progresses so much during a single chapter whilst bleach has been in that same scene for 3 chapters with lack of intresting info! (except for the zangetsu looking guy, that was pretty awesome)

This was another slow chapter that at least did raise my interest level. It had some interesting parts, but I agree, lots of dust and explosions, very little advancing the plot meaningfully.

Jun 12, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
okay everybody. your guess was correct =D.. that zangetsu look like guy juha bach.. he was actually zangetsu itself :D
May 20, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2013
Wow zangetsu??? Wtf

Sep 8, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2016
Too much questions, and we need answers.
What's that empire? and who's that king?
Jun 8, 2017 7:09 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, the leader looks really badass!
May 4, 2020 9:19 AM

Jun 2016
This man deadass looks like old man Zangetsu.
Feb 27, 2021 10:53 PM

Apr 2020
"I am here, there is no greater security than that" Damn, this guy... WOW!!!
They can take away the Bankai techniques! That is certainly weird and bad.

That is the guy on the cover! Is he the leader?
--AbiSa--
Aug 14, 2022 8:41 AM
Nov 2020
This manga is awesome
Oct 27, 2022 5:43 AM
Oct 2020
So they can dispel bankai somehow? I guess that’s why that guy lost.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 672 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

72 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.