Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 7, 2012 5:38 AM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The invadors got away from yamamoto.
they can also use bankai?!
the enemy fighting Ichigo asks why Ichigo's bankai doesn't vanish. o.o

who is the guy at the end?! the empire's king?! :O
MermaidGalaxiesMar 7, 2012 5:48 AM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 7, 2012 6:01 AM

Jun 2010
Vice Captain: "The..There is.. There is something I need to tell you..!!
"The..They can.. Bankai..!

Yamamoto: Omg, we're fucked.
Mar 7, 2012 6:11 AM

May 2007
-MgZ_ said:

Well, given what Ivan said to Ichigo, it seems like he wasn't able to finish his sentence. Probably wanted to tell Yamamoto that they can nullify shinigami's bankai (which probably happened to him). And that's why Ivan was surprised he couldn't make Ichigo's bankai disappear. Which all leads me to believe that at some point in this arc, we will see a form that will surpass bankai which shinigamis can use.
Mar 7, 2012 6:16 AM

Jun 2010
We haven't even seen Kyouraku and Ukitake's Bankai yet :p
Mar 7, 2012 6:16 AM
Feb 2012
Well that went nowhere.

The random arm loss was rather silly. Without any real context as to the strength or skill of the victim, this demonstrates nothing about the power of the aggressor, which presumably was what that scene was for; a means to establish the new villain/antagonist as a "force to be reckoned with".

"They can bankai" is probably the single most hilariously awkward phrase I've ever read. I actually had to laugh while reading that. Yes, there are ellipses, but they didn't help. It just sounded so silly.
Mar 7, 2012 6:22 AM

Jun 2009
Oh hey look, the big boss is so badass, he cuts his (presumably best) subordinates' arm off for no reason at all...
Mar 7, 2012 6:23 AM

Jun 2010
The big boss name is Gold Roger XD
Mar 7, 2012 6:35 AM
Dec 2010
Filler chapter. 3/5

SO MANY QUESTIONS THOUGH!!! WHO THE F*** ARE THESE GUYS?
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Mar 7, 2012 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
this left more question then answer but he did answer one so that better then expected

generalmartacus said:
Filler chapter. 3/5

so you call one there stuff happens filler? it may have not been crazy battles or whatnot but we found some stuff out and got more questions over all not bad chapter do you even know what a filler is, when realted to anime/manga?
Mar 7, 2012 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
generalmartacus said:
Filler chapter. 3/5

...you call getting info on new villains, get to see another one, getting to see the guy who will be arc's main villain (and possibly the final villain of the Manga) a filler? Do you even know what the word means?
Mar 7, 2012 6:44 AM

Feb 2012
Ok chapter. The ice palace looks crappy. Guy getting his arm cut off (LoL). Its seems like Chōjirō Sasakibe is a little banged up, but will most likely make a full recovery, so he can disappearto the background once again.
Mar 7, 2012 7:16 AM

May 2009
An organization of characters before their leader in a pure white hideout.
One of which got all hot and bothered and went after Ichigo.
An unruly member is disciplined by having his arm removed.

For fuck's sake Kubo. Do you think we got the memory of a goldfish?
Mar 7, 2012 7:21 AM

Jan 2008
Royal Guards... they're friggin royal guards (I stand corrected, my previous theories were a bit off). And if that was the spirit king, holy crap, not what I expected... looked like Zangetsu's dad.
hungry_bunnyMar 7, 2012 7:24 AM

Mar 7, 2012 7:22 AM
Oct 2010
-MgZ_ said:

I couldn't stop laughing.
Mar 7, 2012 7:37 AM

Dec 2007
Arashi89 said:

^This

Mar 7, 2012 7:50 AM

Dec 2011
generalmartacus said:
Filler chapter. 3/5

Get you definition right.
Mar 7, 2012 8:00 AM

May 2011
vindemon64 said:
-MgZ_ said:

Well, given what Ivan said to Ichigo, it seems like he wasn't able to finish his sentence. Probably wanted to tell Yamamoto that they can nullify shinigami's bankai (which probably happened to him). And that's why Ivan was surprised he couldn't make Ichigo's bankai disappear. Which all leads me to believe that at some point in this arc, we will see a form that will surpass bankai which shinigamis can use.

They might do the same thing Ichigo did in the end of the Aizen arc to defeat this new foe.
I hope in this arc we can finally see Yamamoto's bankai T_T

Hell what if Kenpachi goes bankai?! LOL
Mar 7, 2012 8:39 AM

Jun 2010
omg the guy at the end looked like zangetsu!!! (also why is there so many people in bleach looking like aizen??) and seriously... 15 pages only? WHY! why can't we AT LEAST have 20 pages to enjoy, half of the bleach chapters are dust and smashes! I'm beginning to dislike bleach.... fairy tail progresses so much during a single chapter whilst bleach has been in that same scene for 3 chapters with lack of intresting info! (except for the zangetsu looking guy, that was pretty awesome)
Mar 7, 2012 8:56 AM

Apr 2009
well it was actually a good chapter
though yeah, the cutting arm was like a deja-vu lol
i'm interested in this arc.
Mar 7, 2012 9:04 AM

Mar 2011
So....the new bad guys leader is a pirate?
Mar 7, 2012 9:07 AM

Oct 2011
Wow a chapter that actually deserves 2/5...good job.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2012 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
It went fast (like always) but some things happened, still many things to answer.
Mar 7, 2012 9:29 AM
Feb 2012
that guy really looks like gold roger.
so the kings key is the one piece ? :D
final fight gold roger vs. ichigo/ruffy.
yeah. ^^

well it starts getting interesting though :)
Mar 7, 2012 9:42 AM

Oct 2011
The kings key is the one piece which is the ten-tailed beast which is another excuse for the series to keep going xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2012 9:48 AM
Feb 2010
Meh, when compared to HxH´s chap, this one feels unprepared and empty.
Yet another person who looks like Aizen, another organisation (presumably Royal Guards + Soul King, something we've seen coming since the arrancar arc).
Guess it's about time Ichigo's gonna learn Zenkai.
Mar 7, 2012 10:00 AM

Jan 2008
it suppose to be the arc of all answer and it begin with more question
I think the bankai ability is something special that give to shinigami their authority above others entities.
It explain why the boss is shocked.

Perhaps we shall see others immortal entities and finally we will understand the true meaning of shinigami's existence and finally we will know who really is the so called kurosaki Ichigo.
Mar 7, 2012 10:02 AM
Jun 2010
lol the guy in the last page looked sort of cool. His shadow reminded me of Gol D Roger.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Mar 7, 2012 10:39 AM
Mar 2011
so like is he the new Aizen?
and did anyone else find trouble trying to read this chapter on different sites?
silly shonen jump, you can't beat the unwavering defiance of the internet community ^.^;
Mar 7, 2012 10:41 AM

Feb 2011
Was that supposed to be some half assed Gol D. Roger?
Nah but im not hating. This chapter wasn't that bad though, we actually got to see double spread scenery page...kinda got me there.

But these short chapters makes me consider taking a short break from Bleach to have some plot stock up.

4/5 for this.
Mar 7, 2012 10:42 AM

Oct 2007
holy shit finally a villain that DOESNT look like aizen! =D
Mar 7, 2012 10:50 AM
Feb 2012
Ok chapter, still lot's of unanswered questions, I guess it's safe to assume there not with the Royal Guard or Soul King now. because they don't look the part.

Guessing that vice capt was going to say 'Nullify Bankai' as mention in a previous post. Well anyways looking forward to the next chapter ;o
Mar 7, 2012 10:50 AM
Dec 2010
*Sigh* Ok, I"ll clarify. My mistake, when I said 'filler chapter' I meant more like Kubo used this chapter to pad out time than to really advance the story in a meaningful way. I'm aware of the definition, i.e. episodes 317-342 are a 'filler' arc.

Two page setting spread was pretty freakin' sweet, I have to admit. Want moar of those. (Although the slicing of the guy's arm was presented as REALLY random, I mean come on).

Reading it again now that I'm not extremely fatigued (which was a mistake), I feel it wasn't that bad, but not great either. Just okay. Hence, my 3/5. Come on guys, I'm one of the staunchest defenders of this series. No worries, I'm excited too.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Mar 7, 2012 11:02 AM

Sep 2010
Still not buying into the whole "Vanderiech= Royal Guard" theory.

Their army seems to be full of villains which wouldn't make much sense. Azien and Urahara referred to the soul king as "it" and not "he". The new big bad doesn't look like an "it" to me.

Then there's the fact that Yamaji stated the soul king was the symbolic figure head of SS and is in no way involved with governing or ruling over soul reapers(or any other beings for that matter). If these guys are the RG why would they suddenly mobilize an army for "peace" when they aren't involved in the goings on of everyday life?

And if the Soul king was this all powerful god that controls the whole bleachverse like everyone's been saying then why would he need a guard in the first place? Also Aizen seem pretty confident that he would've been able to destroy the Soul king if he obtained the king's key leading me to believe it's not that powerful.

There's a lot more evidence pointing toward them being an army of pissed off quincies out for revenge then there is them being with the royal guard. But who knows... i could be wrong.... Though if they do end up being the RG it would be one of the biggest plot hole in the entire manga.
Mar 7, 2012 11:02 AM

May 2010
Shiken said:

He reminds me of someone from One Piece. Same badass feeling. Better than another Aizen clone (okay, okay, MAYBE he looks A LITTLE like Zangetsu at last frame. Hope it's just a coincidence, though). Happy for not-bishounen villian for once :D
Guy without a hand looks like Byakuya/Ginjou hybrid :|
Ah, and Ice Castle looks nice.
That's about this chapter I guess? Short and with lots of white/black frames, just as always.
Mar 7, 2012 11:13 AM

Oct 2009
New enemy looks badass!
Mar 7, 2012 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
Guy at the end looked like ichigos inner bankai lol
Mar 7, 2012 11:23 AM
Sep 2007
Man Kubo, *sigh*, you couldn't think of new powers or unique character designs, so you just put everything together into a cluster fuck of powers, oomgz they are Shinigami/Quincy/Arrancar. Also if that guy is the Soul King, he looks rather lame, really lame.
Hi
Mar 7, 2012 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
This chapter seemed like it was just filler dialogue.
Im curious about how that shadow can only affect the "chosen ones"
And why do these guys have both swords and quincy bows?

Also if this arc continues at this pace then i can understand why the anime is ending after the fullbringer arc
Mar 7, 2012 11:46 AM

Dec 2010
I knew it was the spirit king from the beginning, he's the only character Kubo hasn't divulged yet. And this IS the final arc.
The one guy looked like byakuya's family, should be interesting xD
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Mar 7, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2011
vindemon64 said:
-MgZ_ said:

^Lol, couldn't stop laughing at that and "The.....They.....can.....bankai". I thought it was a bit strange.

^Your theory sounds the most plausible so far, but if it was true, would that only mean that some captains achieve it since we haven't even seen some of their bankias yet (and the viazards maybe?). I'd hate Kubo if that happened.

These enemies resemble other characters way too much.....
thraciasMar 7, 2012 11:54 AM
Mar 7, 2012 12:07 PM

Mar 2009
http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/484/13

If they are Royal Guard do you think that the smallest of the masked ones is a female? Hiyori's ex-Captain?
There was this chapter long ago where we saw Captains of TBTP arc. Some might show up in this team.
Mar 7, 2012 12:08 PM

Dec 2010
Good chapter; seems like they can nullify bankai; still though if these are quincy then i wonder what that makes Uryu, because if they aren't like 1000 times stronger then bankai or not it really wouldn't matter. Interesting start to the arc; much better than the fullbring arc.
Mar 7, 2012 12:09 PM

Jan 2008
Puty said:
Arashi89 said:

^This

This was my reaction as well. Maybe he's Aizen's long lost brother or something.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 7, 2012 12:44 PM
Jul 2011
The thing I can't really stand about Bleach is how Kubo tends to characterise bad folks by making them hurt/kill their subordinates. The same thing happened with Harribel and Aizen. I find it so~oo pathetic and clichéd it hurts.
Seriously, there must be better ways to show the twisted morality of the new enemies ...
Mar 7, 2012 12:59 PM

Jan 2008
kizu-kun said:

Their army seems to be full of villains which wouldn't make much sense. Azien and Urahara referred to the soul king as "it" and not "he". The new big bad doesn't look like an "it" to me.

Then there's the fact that Yamaji stated the soul king was the symbolic figure head of SS and is in no way involved with governing or ruling over soul reapers(or any other beings for that matter). If these guys are the RG why would they suddenly mobilize an army for "peace" when they aren't involved in the goings on of everyday life?

And if the Soul king was this all powerful god that controls the whole bleachverse like everyone's been saying then why would he need a guard in the first place? Also Aizen seem pretty confident that he would've been able to destroy the Soul king if he obtained the king's key leading me to believe it's not that powerful.

There's a lot more evidence pointing toward them being an army of pissed off quincies out for revenge then there is them being with the royal guard. But who knows... i could be wrong.... Though if they do end up being the RG it would be one of the biggest plot hole in the entire manga.
The king (if he is the king) looks human, yes, but there could be more to the story, the "it"-statement could be explained later.

And I suspect that the "king's key", is Ichigo. Why else would Aizen walk around in town waiting for him to show up.

And I've personally given up on the normal Quincy theory simply because of the fact that they can use "bankai". The fact that they could have been shinigami (current or former) is probably the reason why Yamamoto looked shocked...

Mar 7, 2012 1:27 PM

May 2011
Somehow the empire king's face reminds me of Zangetsu on one way or another...
Mar 7, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
Aizen, Ginjo, Ivan and the fag who got his arm cut off all look the same...
Mar 7, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
Shiken said:
well I'm shocked as fuck

he looks like old Zangetsu on roids haha
Mar 7, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
hungry_bunny said:

And I suspect that the "king's key", is Ichigo. Why else would Aizen walk around in town waiting for him to show up..

THIS. Last arc WE SEEN Ichigo break out of dimension with GT.

kizu-kun said:

It is used for monsters too. If soul king was something inhuman and monstrous japanese would use IT to describe "it".

Soul king is not involved because ss governs over the matters. SS esentially is a satelite state. Now what could have possibly changed ther for them to involve themselves? Oh right, Ichigo made SS and HM liberal

Aizen RELIED on out-evolving soul king.

what if quincy teachings COME from RG? :)

hungry_bunny said:
Royal Guards... they're friggin royal guards (I stand corrected, my previous theories were a bit off). And if that was the spirit king, holy crap, not what I expected... looked like Zangetsu's dad.

exactly what I thought. Everything points to that and the guy on throne most likely is soul king.

ALSO:

IVAN : This shadow only caries chosen ones

Members of RG are CHOSEN by SK to go into Royal Realm.
Mar 7, 2012 1:56 PM

Apr 2011
Epic chapter :DDD

Yamamoto was like "Fuck......."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.