MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Do you constantly update/change your ratings on MAL?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Do you constantly update/change your ratings on MAL?

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
03-07-12, 2:09 AM

I usually rate anime when I finish watching it although there are some exceptions. Sometimes I do change ratings, especially when I scroll down my list and look at the bigger picture, considering how the show compares with others.

I am totally subjective, thank you very much and tend to give higher score when there is some character I like very much or seems close to me in some aspect. Although i try to consider different things like plot complexity, character development, music, graphics and so on the biggest factor seems to be enjoyment, which tends to become blunter over the edges as time passes.

03-07-12, 2:21 AM

i just add all in one, the end of the day

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!

03-07-12, 2:41 AM

I usually keep same scores, but sometimes can differ 1 point, from time to time I check the list and change something:

For example: Elfen Lied I gave it a 9 because it was one of the first and I enjoied so much, later after watch more and more, I guess it should be an 8 no more, then changed, and probably if I watched now for first time would be max a 7 but depend of the moment you watch, the anime experience and all.
Kioukai Senjou I gave it a 6 but come on I hated most of the show and just the las episodes are just ok, I can't give it more than a 5...

Never I change a show with more than 1 point difference, 1 point is not so much but sometimes you are between one mark and another and with the time you decided you should have used lower because the hype :P

Also I want to have an average of 6,6 more or less taking in count that I watch 10-15 shows by season, that means I'm not really picky and I watch shows that are not the best in the world :)

03-07-12, 2:49 AM

I've been updating a lot recently. I don't update my scores too often but every now and then if I see that two manga/anime are rated the same in my list that I didn't enjoy equally; that can cause me to move several series' ratings up or down.

03-07-12, 2:52 AM

Legendre said:
Tiago97 said:
kickthebucket said:
i use the MAL updater so i don't have to haha :)

Y U NO READ POST #1?

I am disappoint.

U STOLE MY LINE

woops just skipped to the last page so missed the OP sorry bout that.

so to answer it correctly now.

i did once and now i'm fine with it (bumped down ZnT and some other stuff) oh and last thing i did was adding dead note back to my dropped list because people started recomending it again.
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

03-07-12, 3:00 AM

yep after every episode, cause else i dont know where im left after a while.
-Elektonix - Handsup/Eurodance/Dancecore Producer-
http://www.elektonix.webs.com - http://www.youtube.com/llindenau

03-07-12, 3:05 AM

Leonard93 said:

Personally I adjusted some ratings over the years, but really only a few. I don't like messing with my ratings. They basically represent how much I enjoyed watching a show at a certain time (namely when I watched it).

There are a few shows on my list where I think "okay if you'd watch this nowadays it would get a lower rating but back then you thought it was awesome".

I think we all went through the phase when we only started with watching anime and consequently thought every single show was amazing. The more shows you've seen and can compare, the more critical you most likely become. That's why my rating tend to lower overall than they used to be, let's say, three years ago.

03-07-12, 3:20 AM

Not exactly. You could say that my list now is the updated version of my AniDB list, which I did a major update on some time ago. Since both have the 1-10 rating system, I needed to adjust my past viewings to resemble the present. It was impossible back when I had watched only a hundred or so titles. It doesn't mean that the anime I watched suddenly became worse or better, but simply that I have a better feel for the scale.

03-07-12, 3:36 AM

I don't change my ratings as I rate animes I've seen mostly in the same day I finished them.
Don't like rating them after some time.
Then to keep a track of ptw and watching record, so yes I go to the list often.

03-07-12, 4:48 AM

quite often

6 years ago when I was a stupid teen (with less than like 100 shows watched) I would have given shows like FMA, Bleach, Naruto, etc fairly high ratings.

Eventually your standards completely change and you realize these shows are trash.

So every now and then I'll come across a show that does something so well it changes what I think deserves high ratings.
Modified by Leondre, 03-07-12, 4:54 AM

03-07-12, 6:07 AM

grandy_UiD said:
Leonard93 said:

Yeah...
I think it's time to make the topic title clearer.

th3dudee said:
i just add all in one, the end of the day

Mmmmkay.

03-07-12, 6:34 AM

think the title would be more clear if you would ask if they change the score (and other things you might want to know) in the list
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

03-07-12, 6:49 AM

Sometimes I do.

03-07-12, 7:09 AM

the title/question is very straightforward, not sure how anyone could misunderstand it.

03-07-12, 7:29 AM

Leondre said:
the title/question is very straightforward, not sure how anyone could misunderstand it.

Instead of "Do you constantly update/change your anime list?", I'd rather have "Do you constantly change the ratings on your list?".
And I don't seem to be the only one.

03-07-12, 7:53 AM

No. On all my watching list, excluding the long running shows, I haven't updated them since I started watching them. I update them once I finish them.

I occasionally update my list by changing the ratings, but not often

03-07-12, 8:01 AM

I only rate them down when I realize that the rating is way too high or because I want to adjust my mean score so it's closer to a 6 or a 5. It's kind of silly to go through your scores and lower the ratings on shows you've seen years ago just because you don't feel as strongly about them now as you did before. Of course you won't, it's been a long time. How you felt at the time when watching is most important and you shouldn't change that just to hold up an illusion of credibility or whatever.

As for currently airing stuff, nope. It's the same reason as why reviewing currently airing anime (especially when it's original and not based on any existing source material) is retarded. The quality can completely change towards the end of it and that's why I usually wait until I finish watching something before it gets rated.

03-07-12, 12:10 PM

kickthebucket said:
Legendre said:
Tiago97 said:
kickthebucket said:
i use the MAL updater so i don't have to haha :)

Y U NO READ POST #1?

I am disappoint.

U STOLE MY LINE

woops just skipped to the last page so missed the OP sorry bout that.

so to answer it correctly now.

i did once and now i'm fine with it (bumped down ZnT and some other stuff) oh and last thing i did was adding dead note back to my dropped list because people started recomending it again.

lol it's fine ^_^

@jalasupi: I do the same thing, except I keep my average at or around 7.0

@Veronin: I completely agree. Yet I still go back and change older shows ratings. I can still remember everything about the show, but no matter what, most of the "enjoyment" factor is going to be gone since it has been so long. So those ratings always go down, such as Inuyasha and DBZ for me. I don't do it to hold up credibility at all though, it's more of an OCD thing if anything lol :x

@Tiago97: You're right, I should have specified ratings in the title. I did however specify ratings multiple times in the OP. So if they read that, they would instantly know what I was talking about.

03-07-12, 12:19 PM

I update once per day...mainly in the morning. That's because I watch new episodes at night before sleeping

03-07-12, 12:21 PM

Maybe this topic can turn into my own little personal experiment to see how many people actually read the OP of a thread.

Turns out not very many.

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices