Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
May 26, 2015 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Most of what was done in the Mars Of Destruction you see in so many other anime's which is why i'm taking it as a clever parody. You stretch this shit to few more episode with good animation and lot of people would be eating this shit up.
May 27, 2015 6:23 AM

May 2008
Kuruwin said:
Most of what was done in the Mars Of Destruction you see in so many other anime's which is why i'm taking it as a clever parody. You stretch this shit to few more episode with good animation and lot of people would be eating this shit up.

Yeah, if the Art was good and it had more fan service.
Jun 4, 2015 3:01 PM
Feb 2015
What the heck did I just watch... This was so bad. I can't help but laugh at how bad this was. The action was terrible and where the heck is the story.

If someone just started watching anime. This would make them quit.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 26, 2015 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
Plot wasnt bad at all actually and the background art was interesting style sometimes. Voice acting, character art, sound effects, unfitting music, composition of a few scenes, and execution of timing and progression was bad though. Wasnt boring to me so its actually not as bad as I expected. Although I did laugh at some parts like where the girl had her head blown off.
Jun 27, 2015 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
How did this come into existence?
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jun 28, 2015 3:09 PM
Aug 2013
It was way better than i expected.
Aug 21, 2015 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
If this was an animation student's early project, I wouldn't have been so harsh with the rating.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 11, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
Can't think of an anime better than this one.
Dec 18, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2015
Not the worst thing out there bad still pretty bad. The ending made me think of One Punch Man xD
Jan 8, 2016 9:09 PM

Feb 2013
Other than the low production quality, it was a pretty typical sci-fi action harem. I was never bored watching it. If a series was made, I would watch it.

3/10 (below-below average)
Jan 8, 2016 11:02 PM
Apr 2014
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Feb 8, 2016 12:09 AM
Jul 2012
moush said:
You guys really made it sound like this was going to be bad. I quite enjoyed the random twist at the very end of this confusing anime. Too bad it didn't really make much sense. If humans are the people from Mars that came to Earth and killed off everyone already living on Earth (the Ancients), where the fuck have the Ancients been for the past thousands of years?

I like how they said that the group had people with separate talents, but all those bitches ever did was shoot their guns.
hznu said:
Unwatchable. Really? What's wrong with you guys. It was fucking hilarious. And way better than quite a few anime this site holds on a pedestal. I gave it a 10/10. Might be changing that to a 1 or 2/10 but it's definitely not unwatchable...or the worst :P
thatguy said:
Robosapien is right! This was so bad it was hilarious. The doctor putting the blanket over the headless girl and saying "This one didn't make it." had me cracking up for an hour. Apparently her missing head wasn't enough of a clue to everyone else that she wasn't pulling through. Oh wow this show was just funny!
Siing said:
Oh, how I lol'd when the girl got her head blown off, then later on the doctor says "this one's totally gone". Well no fucking duh'.

Overall, this isn't as bad as I was expecting. Bad, oh yes it was bad. But tolerable enough. There are certainly other shows that should have as low a rating as this one does on MAL, it baffles me how they can have a score of 6 or 5 yet this one gets a 3. But whatever.

moush, hznu, thatguy, and Siing (just to quote a few early posts, since this is page seven...) are absolutely correct! Check it out.

Let's be honest: everyone makes this out to be worse than it is. It came off like a high school class or club project. (Until you find out the Animation Director has been involved in Key Animation for some high profile shows... But does that necessarily translate to good direction?)

There could be something there if a legit director and company fleshed out the story. Imagine if the Angels were native to Earth, then Evangelion has a whole different level of "meta" or interpretation.

Still better than the Gintama pilot.
Mar 8, 2016 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
I was going in knowing that it was bad but not that much, wow, how can you fucked up this bad
Mar 25, 2016 7:07 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Masterpiece, it was hilarious. I haven't had that much fun with anime for a really long time. It left me with my jaw down on the floor.
Apr 4, 2016 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
i think me and my friends made an animation of this caliber for our entry level college course. The difference is that while we barely passed, Mars would fail with flying colors
Apr 10, 2016 11:33 AM
Dec 2015
I was hoping I'd laugh at how horrible done this anime was, but I didn't even laugh. It was just terrible. In terms of everything. RIP best girl too.

1/10. I wish I could give it lower, because the poor writing, art, characterisation, soundtrack, and did I mention EVERYTHING? made me cringe too damn much.
Apr 12, 2016 5:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
No, ponytail-chan died ;_;
Deeper and more depressing than Oyasumi Punpun.

5/5
Apr 12, 2016 11:52 PM

Dec 2012
Absolute trash. I could feel my ass imploding from all the salt

I swear, some of the explosions was just some one tapping the mic with their hand...
Apr 29, 2016 4:47 AM

Dec 2012
Sure this is bad compare to the normal standards of anime but it's amusing as hell xD xD I don't know what's funnier, the anime itself or reading the reactions and reviews about it.
allo
Jun 13, 2016 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
Just about 7 minutes in. The part where they covered the girl who's head got blown off with the blanket was pretty funny. It's a little weird how a song in here sounds similar to a song that was in the Haruhi movie.
LancimusPrimeJun 13, 2016 4:53 AM
Sep 22, 2016 4:49 AM
Mar 2016
I did it !! I watch this anime (my brain become hurt because this anime)

Best comedy horror ever !!!
Oct 14, 2016 9:34 PM

Feb 2015
In all honesty, I couldn't find the plot in the anime. The animation and transitions were beyond horrendous; I'm not even sure if you can call this a story.

The only redeeming factors of the anime are the music and the comical death scenes. They were intentional, right?
Oct 14, 2016 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
Peace1nSpace said:
Just about 7 minutes in. The part where they covered the girl who's head got blown off with the blanket was pretty funny. It's a little weird how a song in here sounds similar to a song that was in the Haruhi movie.

That's because it's a redone classical piece from Erik Satie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU
Oct 15, 2016 3:20 PM

Mar 2015
Kuruwin said:
Peace1nSpace said:

That's because it's a redone classical piece from Erik Satie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU

Makes sense. The song stood out in this because it was one of my favorite songs in the haruhi movie, and now it makes more sense.
Oct 23, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2009
Still better than Haruhi S2
Oct 30, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
Oh.

This came off as amateurish or on the much lower end of meh more than anything, and honestly if this was a TV series with a bit better animation people would take it just fine? Yeah it's garbage, but not the worst thing I've watched nor the cringiest. Wasn't even funny, just boring.

I'm disappointed, I expected worse. Basically reminds me that I can't trust MAL's opinion on the best or even worst anime. =_=
MirorinOct 30, 2016 5:34 PM
Jan 4, 2017 5:17 PM

Jul 2015
I did right watching this anime for my 500th completed entry, a true masterpiece that everyone should watch atleast once in a lifetime.
Feb 7, 2017 11:30 PM

Jun 2016
Saeba_D_Guyver said:
There could be something there if a legit director and company fleshed out the story. Imagine if the Angels were native to Earth, then Evangelion has a whole different level of "meta" or interpretation.

I could see that (I don't ever hear anyone say the VN it's based off of is terrible), but the execution is still really bad in this. With less than 20 minutes of runtime they should have made less scenes (or shorten the less important ones) so that they could better flesh out what they wanted to show. For instance, the scene where the exploration vessel returns, while not particularly bad in its own right, could have been made shorter or cut out and briefly mentioned with the rest of the opening exposition to allow some more time for something this needed more of (characterization, smoother transitions, et cetera). It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean it's any less lacking. It still only gets a 2/10 from me in this state.
Feb 22, 2017 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
I've watched this shit now, because the MAL-challenge told me to watch an anime with a low score.
Why? Why did I choose this one? I thought "What harm could do one single episode? Just watch one episode and you can finish the task." You know nothing! Please kill me now. :<
Mar 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Jul 2010
I guess the authors wanted to create a series, but they lacked a budget and resources to make even a pilot episode properly. Well, they've made it after all, but results are so poor that no wonder the series continuation was doomed.
By the way, that classical music pieces is of free use as public domain. Anyone could freely insert them into their videos even if it's for commercial purpose. Authors of this anime apparently used them because of lack of money to hire a composer of original music.

Also I suspect that both authors and animators was in a big hurry because of deadline. Or just don't really was interested in this plot, writing it without any inspiration; doing it as boring but nesessary job because sponsor paid them some money already so they were obliged to create at least some anime-alike thing by the terms of contract.
Or maybe they was inspired, but too unprofessional? You know, it's like bad fanfics or bad fanart. Authors put all the efforts into them and think that it's a soulwarming masterpiece or at least a decent work. That their ideas are fresh and picture is fine. They really can't see its flaws; that's the unexperienced unskillfulness for you.
Mar 4, 2017 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
I want laughing to this OVA anime doing the best and amazing, but I won't laughing to this episode is pretty bad and terrible.

I rated it 2 out 10 Scores because the character design is good, but actually the animation is ruined and terrible. What the story? 4 main AAST girls and Takeru Hinata already battle and killed demon in Tokyo. But I can't stand that why Takeru is too fast of killed demons. This is weird, poor and boring story. The character's sound is very terrible. I only remember that Takeru saved 4 AAST girls—or only killed demons, and the other characters voice. The characters design is make me forgettable and cancer. They don't have any personality or only copy same personality. These are very weird and joke. I don't remember anything about them. I don't really enjoy this anime.

Totally, MoD is really bad and terrible anime. Should not try to watch this.
Chi_Ho_LauMar 4, 2017 10:49 AM
May 7, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
The worst thing about this is I could have watched one of the endless eight episodes instead of this.

Ok seriously, animation is bad. The overuse of classical music was bad. Everything else is pretty much anime standard by now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 8, 2017 11:21 PM

May 2016
It managed ta be both boring and hilarious at the same time. An utter mess of poorly-executed cliches and a shameless attempt to recreate Evangelion lol

I expected worse but it was hopefully not the case by a microscopic margin. The classical music was inappropriately funny when it accompanied such ridiculousness.

Jun 2, 2017 11:48 PM
Feb 2017
Unbelievable. The entire writing and the emotional aspect of this anime have never been matched since, it is not ridiculous to say that this anime set a "Before and After." The final plot twist left me pondering many hours, and I actually lost sleep over it. This is one of the best works of media *ever* created, and I'll definitely will recommend it to anyone interested in animation in general. Whether it be western or japanese. This advancement of human culture is truly something humanity can *actually* show to alien civilizations and be *proud* of it. They won't get a better impression on what we have achieved.
Jul 2, 2017 7:59 AM

Jun 2017
I didnt find this to be nearly as bad as it is made out to be. it is bad,some scenes have continuity errors(like in the beginning when he stabs the ancient in the neck and doesnt pull the sword out yet the sword disappears from the neck in the next camera shot)and some things didnt make sense(the shot that killed the leader should have passed through the guy too)but it isnt nearly as bad as it is made out to be,and the ending twist was actually a nice one,though it should have been explained more. it is a 4/10. 1/10s are disasters like the Corpse Party animation that take incredible works and make them awful. this was simply a bad anime.
Jul 23, 2017 11:12 AM
Jul 2017
I can't believe how bad this actually was. I thought the hate was exaggerated, I was wrong.
Sep 24, 2017 7:06 PM

Apr 2015
This is poorly executed, none of the designs are visually appealing, the fight scenes are just random gunfire, one of the sound effects actually hurt my ears, and I feel for the bitch who lost her head at the beginning only for the other girls to carry on like nothing happened.

At the same time, at the very end, they threw in something interesting: what if the people of Earth today are actually the invaders? I wish there was some way I could read the visual novel.

Overall score: I dunno, 3/10? I still feel like Skelter+Heaven was worse.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 17, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Where is the 11/10 score when you need it?
Nov 15, 2017 12:28 AM

Dec 2016
OMG I totally lost it when the doc said "this one's totally gone" LOL
Nov 26, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2008
Idea Factory, I love your games but this was shameful.
Dec 28, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
It wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be to be fair ... doesn't mean it's good but definitely not the worst.

It was actually pretty easy to understand the story.
It did have a lot of weird transitions with the scenes and music though, one point you're listening to some relaxing classic music then it switches to some battle music instantly.

Anyway, 4/10
Jan 6, 2018 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
Give it a higher budget, 12 episodes, cuter character designs and a high-school. And you could honestly pass it off as a run of the mill, light novel adaptation.
May 8, 2018 3:52 PM

Feb 2018
There was not a single redeeming thing about this anime. What a heap of garbage, and I thought De:Vadassy was bad.
A terrible 1/10.
May 27, 2018 10:29 AM

Feb 2018
What was that ???????
Sep 30, 2018 6:46 PM

Jul 2015
It's 4:45 right now, and I need some help. I really have no life, and I watched this s**t
Oct 7, 2018 3:58 PM

Oct 2015
I felt like it was a fake tone down Neon genesis evangelion wanna be. The cliffhanger that they were the invaders of earth and not the true earthlings didn't save the this anime, as it was so boring and the animation didn't give it leverage.

Takeru was useless and damn again was the animation bad, the motion was slow and dull. I didn't even care about other characters which were the girls because they didn't give me reason to.

4/10 and it's lenient.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 24, 2018 7:09 AM

Nov 2009
Three people have recommended this and Pupa; they are nothing alike. This is more like Guyver. This sucked but atleast there was some sort of story with a twist at the end. Didn't find it humorous at all. 3/10 based on enjoyment only.
Nov 24, 2018 10:27 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I want my 19 minutes of life back, what a waste of time. It was pretty boring overall. The plot makes no sense, there is no characterization, the art is subpar, and the animation was horrible. It was kind of hilarious how classical music was used here.
Dec 28, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2018
yeah it's pretty bad, yet i don't think it's the single worst anime ever, after all it's nothing more than a $2 OVA.
Jan 4, 2019 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Best Evangelion/Elfen Lied crossover ever.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Fandub

madcollector101 - May 25, 2022

6 by PxHC »»
Jul 11, 2023 8:38 PM

» Rip Top review

Zerity - Feb 25, 2022

7 by morenosendpie »»
Sep 27, 2022 1:07 AM

» Could have been good

removed-user - Nov 2, 2021

6 by ptero93 »»
May 21, 2022 1:17 PM

» ancients literally blowned a head and not even one character reacted to it

NaughtySempai - Nov 2, 2021

5 by James_xeno »»
Feb 28, 2022 2:22 AM

Poll: » ♡What is your opinion on Hametsu no Mars?♡

cherri-pie - Feb 6, 2021

11 by Sexyjutsu »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.