MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

action romance where the MC is weak and progressively gets stronger
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» action romance where the MC is weak and progressively gets stronger

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
03-05-12, 6:02 PM

i really like these underdog like stories where the main character is a huge weakling at first but mans up as he goes on.
Modified by JizzyHitler, 03-06-12, 12:38 PM
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

03-05-12, 6:05 PM

Angel Beats comes to mind. Although I would categorize it as a love it or not interested anime. Only appealing to some people.

03-05-12, 6:13 PM

stayfrosty224 said:
Angel Beats comes to mind. Although I would categorize it as a love it or not interested anime. Only appealing to some people.

I don't really remember Angel Beats having any of those things the TS wants... but okay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-05-12, 6:32 PM

It has the action and the MC was pretty weak at the beginning. I mean the romance isn't very strong in the beginning. I guess maybe the comedic parts of it kind of overtake the romance parts sometimes.

03-05-12, 6:33 PM

Well I know of several action animes where the MC starts out really weak and gets strong....but Action Romance is a bit harder XD

One I can think of is Fate/ Stay Night.
Not entirely romance, mostly action but with some 'romantic elements' you could say.

03-05-12, 6:39 PM

SerenityB3128 said:
Well I know of several action animes where the MC starts out really weak and gets strong....but Action Romance is a bit harder XD

One I can think of is Fate/ Stay Night.
Not entirely romance, mostly action but with some 'romantic elements' you could say.

I had the same problem. xD I was also going to say Fate/Stay Night but then I had this thought, did he actually get "progressively" stronger throughout the Anime? xD

TS don't read this.

Other than that, I think that's a pretty good recommendation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

03-05-12, 6:58 PM

ive already gotten what happens at the end spoiled for me so that ones out
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

03-05-12, 8:20 PM

Rosario + Vampire, but not the anime, the manga would be much better for what you're looking for unless the harem aspect turns you off.

Maybe To Aru Majutsu no Index, but it isn't very romance-heavy
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.

03-05-12, 10:40 PM

gets stronger*

03-05-12, 10:45 PM

itsthatguy said:
Rosario + Vampire, but not the anime, the manga would be much better for what you're looking for unless the harem aspect turns you off.

Seconded

03-05-12, 11:22 PM

Maybe, Phantom ~ Requiem for the Phantom. The MC definitely gets stronger, not necessarily for the better though. A lot of action, and a fair bit of romance towards the end.

03-05-12, 11:23 PM

shakugan no shana (in a way)
Zero no tsukaima (again in a way)

seen a lot of romance but not realy much action romance :s (and even less what you are looking for)
Romance Anime List

Romance Anime List

3DS friend code 3325-2089-7587 (pm yours)

03-06-12, 12:37 PM

Hexis said:
gets stronger*
i hate my inability to type
tokiyashiro said:

He caught me

03-06-12, 7:23 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Hexis said:
gets stronger*
i hate my inability to type

lol i just had to say it.

03-06-12, 7:27 PM

Buso Renkin comes in mind

03-06-12, 8:07 PM

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is perfect except the romance is only barely hinted at in the anime and even in the manga it progresses extremely slowly. They still aren't in any sort of relatioship, but you know both their emotions towards each other at least.

03-07-12, 12:59 PM

Ohayoo said:
Buso Renkin comes in mind
jroberter said:
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is perfect except the romance is only barely hinted at in the anime and even in the manga it progresses extremely slowly. They still aren't in any sort of relatioship, but you know both their emotions towards each other at least.
saw both of these, relaly enjoyed both but kenichi's romance was so weak, buso renkins i liked
tokiyashiro said:

He caught me

03-07-12, 1:40 PM

maybe try:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

although i guess the main character is strong to begin with...? maybe but it has an awesome story and is well worth the watch

03-07-12, 3:31 PM

jplaya828 said:
maybe try:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

although i guess the main character is strong to begin with...? maybe but it has an awesome story and is well worth the watch
wait that has romance?
tokiyashiro said:

He caught me

03-07-12, 4:04 PM

it does lol although its a lil small it does have romance

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices