Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 5, 2012 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this is bad. Like really bad, even for a reverse harem
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Mar 5, 2012 3:21 PM
Oct 2011
it wasn't that bad. I guess the game is better. i'm not sure what to say at this point, so i'll have to wait until the april broadcast. I'm a huge fan of the game. the art quality seems a little inconsistent at some points of the episode
Mar 5, 2012 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
That was... disappointing. I can see it as pretty good as a game, but the transitions in the anime between scenes was horrible... the animation was MEH, and the introduction of characters... was lame.

I liked when Mahiro was like "TAKUMA" and tried to beat him up every time he felt insulted because he didn't hit girls. That was funny. I can see comedy coming from Yuichi's sleeping habit as well... but I don't really like any of the guys. :(

The girl... is annoying... really annoying...

And it seemed rushed... and when she was attacked in the beginning, it was lame and wasn't exciting. :/

I want to hear the opening and ending. The hosts said the OP lyrics were based on the anime, so I'm excited to hear it.

I will watch a few more episodes, but I think it'll probably get dropped.

MirorinMar 5, 2012 3:32 PM
Mar 5, 2012 3:45 PM
Oct 2011
it wasn't too bad. yeah some scenes were a little rushed. The game is so much better than this! what did Deen do to my yuuichi? his design looked a little inconsistent compared to the other guys.

i prefer tamaki over chizuru though tamaki was bitchy in the game.

o-chan was so adorable

wanted to punch mitsuru in the face (if you played the game then you will know what i'm talking about)
Mar 5, 2012 4:18 PM
Jun 2011
It was okay, but not the best.
Mar 5, 2012 4:21 PM

May 2009
Hm.. quite disappointing.
I'll continue to watch the next episodes as long as it's watchable.
Mar 5, 2012 4:25 PM
Oct 2011
Isn't o-chan a boy? they kept referring o-chan as a girl.
Mar 5, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2007
jpham336 said:

wanted to punch mitsuru in the face (if you played the game then you will know what i'm talking about)

Funny I was just thinking the same thing!
Mar 5, 2012 5:12 PM

Feb 2011
Meh.
Mar 5, 2012 5:37 PM
Oct 2011
i'm confused crunchyroll said episode 2 airs next week?
Mar 5, 2012 7:31 PM

Dec 2011
I actually liked it and the OP song is great. Kasuga is cute and I rofl every time Mashiro is insulted and is compelled to hit Takuma cause he doesn't hit girls.
Mar 5, 2012 9:32 PM

Nov 2007
I think it's an ok start. At least the story seems interesting.

Namikawa-san's character is so cute!!

The final guardian hasn't appeared yet, right? I'm looking forward to see him.

Edit (w. official airing one): wow at preview... I actually got shocked at that guy's monologue).
tsubasaloverApr 1, 2012 10:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 5, 2012 9:39 PM
Apr 2010
I like it. Reminds me of fushigi yuugi. Will watch. :)

Edit: It also occurred to me later on that the main female character LOOKS JUST LIKE San Seto from "Seto no Hanayome"
Flipside101Mar 5, 2012 9:45 PM
Mar 5, 2012 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
SquidStomp said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Lol your comment surprised me. aren't reverse-harems usually bad? though this one wasn't THAT bad, i'm gonna give it a shot ;p
Mar 5, 2012 11:43 PM
Sep 2011
I think it was the translator's fault that O-chan became a girl.

And aren't there six guardians, not five?
Mar 6, 2012 1:12 AM
Mar 2010
Deen, I hate to say this but I'm counting on you! Please, oh PLEASE let the DVDs/blurays sell well....pretty please.

Well, my intake?

Um...first of....I hate Takuma's voice. :/ sorry takuma fans. I can't stand it. he sounds like some ossan to me.

Second, TOO RUSHED! :/

Much too rushed. I hope it won't be this rushed for the whole anime.

Tamaki: I like her. I like her spunky attitude. :D

Takuma: Ossan. Nuff said. sorry

Mahiro: he's gonna be one of my fave for comedy.

Suguru: Mmm....gotta see more to tell.

Yuuchi: I think I'm only gonna like this guy and Ryu.

Overall. not bad but not good either for a start. But...I'm praying Deen, praying you don't mess this up. PLEASE!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 6, 2012 1:12 AM
Mar 2010
Deen, I hate to say this but I'm counting on you! Please, oh PLEASE let the DVDs/blurays sell well....pretty please.

Well, my intake?

Um...first of....I hate Takuma's voice. :/ sorry takuma fans. I can't stand it. he sounds like some ossan to me.

Second, TOO RUSHED! :/

Much too rushed. I hope it won't be this rushed for the whole anime.

Tamaki: I like her. I like her spunky attitude. :D

Takuma: Ossan. Nuff said. sorry

Mahiro: he's gonna be one of my fave for comedy.

Suguru: Mmm....gotta see more to tell.

Yuuchi: I think I'm only gonna like this guy and Ryu.

Overall. not bad but not good either for a start. But...I'm praying Deen, praying you don't mess this up. PLEASE!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 6, 2012 4:08 AM
May 2007
Hopefully a decent fansub group will choose to sub this. I have high expectations regardless whatever you all think. Judging a series from 1st episode, I obviously can't trust your judgment based on that!

tsubasalover said:

Annoying that you can't address the characters properly only by their voice actors names. It's a good memory practice to learn the characters names and write the names down in your comments. Are you lazy?
Mar 6, 2012 5:19 AM

Feb 2012
I was hoping for a lot better :( It was way rushed and I really hope it gets better.
Mar 6, 2012 6:49 AM

Jan 2012
Never played the game so can't compare but the first episode was kind of ok I guess...
So well I hope the following episodes will be better...
Mar 6, 2012 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
BLEH. DAMN YOU DEEN.

pilipino101 said:
I like it. Reminds me of fushigi yuugi. Will watch. :)

If this heroine becomes half as annoying as Miaka, I wont stand it.

I really think the best reverse harem anime we will get this year is Arcana famiglia, at least it has a strong heroine.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 6, 2012 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
Shadow-Chan said:
tsubasalover said:

Annoying that you can't address the characters properly only by their voice actors names. It's a good memory practice to learn the characters names and write the names down in your comments. Are you lazy?

... Yes, I'm too lazy to pause and check the list while watching the anime. I start typing for comments while I watch, and most of things I watch is live-stream, which I cannot pause it.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 6, 2012 9:55 AM
Mar 2010
so can someone clear something up for me?
Was this first episode a standalone episode just like a preview? That the real anime starts in April? Or is this the real first episode and the second one will be released in April? I would really appreciate the confirmation.
Mar 6, 2012 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
phoenixalia said:
so can someone clear something up for me?
Was this first episode a standalone episode just like a preview? That the real anime starts in April? Or is this the real first episode and the second one will be released in April? I would really appreciate the confirmation.

This is the actual first episode of the series. The second episode is aired in April. So yeah one more month of waiting for more bishies galore :P.

The heroine seems alright so far. Hope she takes the initiative instead of waiting for the guys to rescue her all the time *ahem Isanami from Brave 10 ahem* and remains sassy in dangerous situations :).

Oh was I the only one who burst out laughing at the hot pot scene and thought "Gintama!" since Onizuka is voiced by a certain Gintama seiyuu? XD
jenanimeMar 6, 2012 10:27 AM
Mar 6, 2012 10:56 AM
May 2007
tsubasalover said:
... Yes, I'm too lazy to pause and check the list while watching the anime. I start typing for comments while I watch, and most of things I watch is live-stream, which I cannot pause it.

Should I say I'm impressed? This tells you are using the hard approach so you can post 1st in every damn show episode of every season. Also this tells you have a bad memory as you can't write after finishing watching an episode. You write when an episode is being streamed and never bother to learn characters names! Never thought of changing that approach so you get an easier life? I don't know about others, I finish an episode maybe the same day or any other day after I feel like writing about it or not!
Mar 6, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2012
Well i haven't played the game or read the manga. I liked the first episode of this anime. Mahiro was so funny. And the little fox was so cute.

Mar 6, 2012 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
"What is going on??? What is this?"
"There are supernatural things in this world, and you're here to make sure everything goes well with them."
"Oh, is that so? Ok than".

Seriously, wtf? Show some emotions and stuff. Oh well, I'll keep watching for pure joy of torturing myself.
Mar 6, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
Its was alright then again first episodes are usually not as good as future episodes, but if it turns out to be bad at least I got some hot guys and a cute little fox to look at.

4/5 I liked it. My favorite is the guy who falls asleep easily anyplace and anywhere even while standing up if I wasn't so clumsy I could fall asleep standing up too. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 6, 2012 7:18 PM
Oct 2011
seems like a lot of people likes yuuichi. i love him and o-chan.
Mar 6, 2012 8:10 PM

Nov 2007
SquidStomp said:

I really don't get what you tried to imply there. This anime seemed 'okay' for a reverse harem. Reverse harem are usually pretty bad. The only reverse harem I ever came to love was and probably will remain the only one: Ouran Koukou Host Club.

Sorry if I am being a bit too harsh here, I am a big fan of shoujo anime but reverse harem shows are just ewww~ And most of the male roles in there are plain retards.

I still watch them for lolz :D

Edit:

phoenixalia said:

Your ossan is one of the most popular seiyuu ever. I don't give a cent what you think of Takuma or his fans, but unfortunately, Ossan is ranked 8th in MAL and duly too.
shanimebibMar 6, 2012 8:20 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 6, 2012 8:22 PM

Dec 2009
That was ok, I like the character designs though.
Not sold on it yet.
Mar 6, 2012 10:19 PM
Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
SquidStomp said:

I really don't get what you tried to imply there. This anime seemed 'okay' for a reverse harem. Reverse harem are usually pretty bad. The only reverse harem I ever came to love was and probably will remain the only one: Ouran Koukou Host Club.

Sorry if I am being a bit too harsh here, I am a big fan of shoujo anime but reverse harem shows are just ewww~ And most of the male roles in there are plain retards.

I still watch them for lolz :D

Edit:

phoenixalia said:

Your ossan is one of the most popular seiyuu ever. I don't give a cent what you think of Takuma or his fans, but unfortunately, Ossan is ranked 8th in MAL and duly too.

lolz yea I know he's popular. he's voiced a lot of people. But I never liked his voice in any of his roles. D: Sniff. Dunno why.

I'm not a big fan of harems either. Be it reverse harem or harem most of em are yuck....but, what can I do? Do they animate good shoujo like dengeki daisy, kanojo wa uso ai shigeteru? Noooo! Idiots......but that's the world. :/
Mar 7, 2012 1:59 AM

Jul 2011
I never expect much from reverse harem anime and watch them only to drool over hot bishies. In that department it was ok, if they make animation a bit smoother it may be better to look at although it's not bad to begin with. I agree with others that it seems rushed and are some flawed things here and there, hopefully they will perfect it before April.
Surprisingly as for now main heroin isn't too annoying although she accepts everything without much questioning, but well, it's for bishies not plunge-into-character-emotional-and-mental-depths-to-explore-it-thoroughly kind of thing.
Mar 7, 2012 2:38 AM

Aug 2011
Shadow-Chan said:
tsubasalover said:
Well, if you've been around a little, you notice that about half of her posts are just one word, like "Yay~" or whatever, so...
Mar 7, 2012 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
Not sure what to expect from this anime, at least I have no expectations since I haven't read the manga or played the game :l

The girl seems cute and the story line seems interesting enough.
Will continue watching.. until I find a reason not to x.x
Mar 7, 2012 4:19 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Interesting anime :D
Mar 7, 2012 4:20 AM

May 2010
jenanime said:
Oh was I the only one who burst out laughing at the hot pot scene and thought "Gintama!" since Onizuka is voiced by a certain Gintama seiyuu? XD

This is exactly what I did too. Well, he's got a lot of experience in those scenes :P
Mar 7, 2012 4:31 AM

Oct 2011
not too shabby - this shows some promise.....hard to judge from just one episode...
Mar 7, 2012 4:45 AM

Oct 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Shadow-Chan said:
tsubasalover said:
Well, if you've been around a little, you notice that about half of her posts are just one word, like "Yay~" or whatever, so...
nice to see people leading useless lives can be given purpose through needless negativity...
Mar 7, 2012 5:48 AM
Apr 2011
Am I the only one who is only looking forward to this anime because of the opening song?
Mar 7, 2012 6:54 AM

Mar 2011
That was...okay.

To be honest, Sugita was pretty weak as Takuma. I expected something Gintoki-esque or deep like Raven within his character.

And it's nice to see Ringo from Penguindrum as the lead again.
Mar 7, 2012 6:56 AM

May 2010
that girl was seriously annoying -.-' im just watching it for Juuichi~kun :'D
Mar 7, 2012 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
It was ok.

Those three slime creatures made me laugh.
They look stupid. ;3
Mar 7, 2012 8:51 AM

Aug 2011
octal9 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Shadow-Chan said:
tsubasalover said:
nice to see people leading useless lives can be given purpose through needless negativity...
> Has seen much more anime + manga than me.
> Accuses me of leading a useless life.

LOL irony.

Made especially hilarious in that you target me instead of the one actually bashing her for her posts, and all I did was state a fact that anyone with eyes could easily observe.

umad?
Mar 7, 2012 9:04 AM

Mar 2011
Oh man, Sugita. I don't care how boring this anime looks like, I'm watching it just for Sugita <3
Mar 7, 2012 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
I thought it was pretty ok. There were some inconsistencies with the animation and scene to scene but backgrounds were nice I mean, come on. And that OP. I can't wait for April 18th to get it.

Don't troll the thing just cause you don't like reverse harems or the first episode.
Mar 7, 2012 11:14 AM
May 2007
DraconisMarch said:
Made especially hilarious in that you target me instead of the one actually bashing her for her posts, and all I did was state a fact that anyone with eyes could easily observe.

umad?

Yes you could say that I'm bashing. She might get hurt, but a lot of people like her should start realizing being obsessive cannot help to lead better life in the future. Getting hurt because of others words is the best experience to think more about life. If you ever be able to translate the negativity people giving you into positivity, you have a good soul.
Mar 7, 2012 12:21 PM

Aug 2011
Shadow-Chan said:
Yes you could say that I'm bashing. She might get hurt, but a lot of people like her should start realizing being obsessive cannot help to lead better life in the future. Getting hurt because of others words is the best experience to think more about life. If you ever be able to translate the negativity people giving you into positivity, you have a good soul.
If you're talking to me, my post was directed entirely at octal9. I don't have a problem with what you said.

But if your post was directed at him, too, then you're totally wasting your time.
Mar 7, 2012 3:58 PM

Feb 2009
Errr. I thought it was quite boring, especially for a first episode. Will watch more episodes before really judging though. I happen to like reverse harem anime.
Mar 7, 2012 10:03 PM
Sep 2011
I don't mind when something is cliche if it is done well, so far there is nothing to look forward to in this series and no indication that it will be any better than more established titles. Will watch a couple more and drop if it does not get better...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 9 Discussion

phoenixalia - May 27, 2012

27 by Fairy_Tail88 »»
Oct 8, 2022 4:22 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 8 Discussion

Hystery - May 20, 2012

32 by Fairy_Tail88 »»
Oct 5, 2022 8:11 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2012

52 by persephone1 »»
May 5, 2021 6:59 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6, 2012

37 by persephone1 »»
May 4, 2021 5:19 PM

Poll: » Hiiro no Kakera Episode 5 Discussion

melina_putri - Apr 29, 2012

38 by persephone1 »»
May 4, 2021 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.