Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2012 11:43 PM

Aug 2010
Only three episodes left? Such a pity, I really enjoy this show.

I was expecting something to happen during the driving scene, but the rock still scared me. I was hoping they would actually hear the content of the tape and the episode would stay away from the clichéd way, but I guess it was too much to ask. Loving Mei more and more every episode. 4/5.
Mar 7, 2012 12:54 AM

Apr 2010
That guy getting hit by lightning. "Kirin, Begone with the Thunderclap"
Mar 7, 2012 2:25 AM

Sep 2011
One does not simply eject the tape while it's still playing!! Just when the most important thing is finally revealed the tape gets broken. Can't wait for the next episode nonetheless.
Mar 7, 2012 4:02 AM
Mar 7, 2012 6:56 AM

Sep 2009
Ugh!! If only he hadn't pulled on the tape it wouldn't have torn, I am dieing to know what happens next!

Mei is so cute though, especially when she's looking at the boys all knowingly when they try to keep her in the dark to protect her.
Mar 7, 2012 7:16 AM
Feb 2012
there is a lot of bulldozers near my house, after watched this episode i don't think i can live a normal life anymore... scary.
Mar 7, 2012 7:21 AM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who thinks Mochi kid is gonna get killed before the tape can be fixed and then they're forever doomed not to know the rest of its contents? Cause I have a sinking feeling that will happen -_- It will irritate the shit out of me! Next week looks intense! That rock gave me a fucking heart attack to!

Hakuromatsu said:
Roloko said:
Dang the car part made me jump I was expecting them to get hit by a truck. Then bang a rock fell on the car instead. Dx

It's the second time in two episodes we've been trolled by a truck...

Rule of threes! I THINK if the truck appears again it's gonna kill someone that time! Well I hope it doesn't atleast...
Mar 7, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2008
awesome episode lots of stuff happened hopefully they can get that tape fixed
Mar 7, 2012 11:01 AM
May 2011
I hated this ep with all the hatred I had bundled inside at that time, plus some.

Dude gets to the freaking point finally and OH NOEZ DER GOEZ DA TAPE, IT'Z DEAD NAO. Why did they have to be all sneaky sneakies while listening to that tape anyway? Surely something else other than a classroom posesses a player? Why wasn't the door locked? And this is just one of many scenes.

Sorry, but I can't see how this is a good horror anime. When there's people dying, I'm actually laughing at how ridiculous it seems.

But hey, if you guys enjoy it, great for you.
Mar 7, 2012 12:30 PM

Feb 2012
Bird_Eater said:
Sorry, but I can't see how this is a good horror anime.

Because it's a better mystery anime than horror anime. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would have dropped it if it weren't for the intrigue of the phenomenon; I highly doubt anyone's really here for just the Final Destination-style deaths.
Mar 7, 2012 1:56 PM
Dec 2007
Hakuromatsu said:
Bird_Eater said:

Because it's a better mystery anime than horror anime. I'm pretty sure a lot of us would have dropped it if it weren't for the intrigue of the phenomenon; I highly doubt anyone's really here for just the Final Destination-style deaths.
This. Viewers aren't watching because people die but because they want to know why they are dying.And curses tend to be unrealistic because they are unrealistic. A little suspension of disbelief is already necessary to believe in a curse.

Mar 7, 2012 2:47 PM

Feb 2008
TheGrey said:
Just a thought but, isn't it possible that not all the deaths were caused by the phenomenon? For all we know, there might be some psycho running around killing people.

It can't be like that, even though that old timer looks suspicious. Most deaths are accidents or heart attacks. Unless he actually gave that guy wrong medication and lowered the hand brake secretly in this episode.

It's 100% supernatural. And the only way to stop it is to kill the extra person. It was obvious that that tape guy killed someone, and that it probably stopped to curse. Thus, killing the extra is another way of stopping it, or maybe dooming them eternally to wander as extras.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 7, 2012 4:25 PM
Oct 2011
I've watched all the episodes again 2 times. Some things I noticed:

* In the 1st episode a body floating in the river and a shadow dashing with a knife. Maybe the students death is no accident. Considering that, could be possible the student wants revenge, but the odds may be small.

* In the opening, in Misaki's eyes it appears a shadow resembling what could be the dead one. It has only the left eye, red colored. Misaki has only the right eye.

* "A cruel irrational death that took place at this school". She know it was no accident. Related to the name Sa-ka-ki-ba-ra. Mei surely knows a lot about the phenomen.

* Dolls wants to fill the empty?
"There is a second me which loves someone so much it draws blood"

* Mei spoke about a near death experience when she received her doll's eye. And it's not a simple physical eye... She can actually use them. Maybe she is half doll? And dolls are dead and wants to fill the empty? She also said the she may be made of flesh and blood, but she isnt real, and that she cant talk to her mother about class 3. Weird.

The blue hair guy, class representant. Where is he?
CristuMar 7, 2012 7:47 PM
Mar 7, 2012 5:08 PM
Sep 2011
TheGrey said:
Just a thought but, isn't it possible that not all the deaths were caused by the phenomenon? For all we know, there might be some psycho running around killing people.

Have you read the novel ?
Mar 7, 2012 5:15 PM
Sep 2011
Cristu said:

* Mei spoke about a near death experience when they she received her doll's eye. And it's not a simple phisical eye... She can actually use them. Maybe she is half doll? And dolls are dead and wants to fill the empty? She also said the she may be made of flesh and blood, but she isnt real, and that she cant talk to her mother about class 3. Weird.

The blue hair guys, class representant. Where is he?

I think if you mention the curse in full detail to someone, that person would also get involved, no? (I read that ... somewhere but you can't quote me on that.) Or maybe she doesn't tell her about the curse because she's part of the
countermeasures for year 1998?
Mar 7, 2012 5:19 PM

Sep 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Hakuromatsu said:
Bird_Eater said:

This. Viewers aren't watching because people die but because they want to know why they are dying.And curses tend to be unrealistic because they are unrealistic. A little suspension of disbelief is already necessary to believe in a curse.

That's pretty much why I'm still watching and completely interesting in this series. I want to see how they get this whole curse deal sorted out, if at all, and get all of the clues about the curse put together.
Mar 7, 2012 6:17 PM
Jul 2011
I see nothing horrific in this show.
Btw Kouichi's aunt is both Reiko and Mikami (classroom assistant). I just noticed... lol.
Mar 7, 2012 6:56 PM

Feb 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
I see nothing horrific in this show.
Btw Kouichi's aunt is both Reiko and Mikami (classroom assistant). I just noticed... lol.

Let's not dredge up this argument again...I still don't understand it...
Mar 7, 2012 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
damn it, Y U NO handle that precious tape with care !ლ(°Д°ლ)
i want to hear the rest of the tape ಥ_ಥ
Mar 7, 2012 8:14 PM

Sep 2009
rechajulay said:
damn it, Y U NO handle that precious tape with care !ლ(°Д°ლ)
i want to hear the rest of the tape ಥ_ಥ

That one kid said he can fix it. I'm really hoping he does next episode u.u
Mar 7, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2009
3/5 didnt like this one so much
Mar 7, 2012 9:42 PM

Dec 2008
AGH! Show trolled me again! Should've known that tape wasn't gonna reveal the important information and then Naoya broke it!

Though makes me wonder. How do we know Naoya didn't do it on purpose, and he's the extra one? I know the dead person is not meant to know they're dead, but maybe he subconsciously knows and the curse is using him as a puppet to sabotage things?
Mar 7, 2012 11:23 PM

Jul 2011
Enjoyed that very much. For me this was the first episode i felt that they built up suspense very well. Where as in previous episodes i've always been like "well here it comes" when shit was about to go down, here the lightning strike, the rock smashing into the windshield and to a smaller extent them looking for and listening to the tape were executed very well.

My only criticism would be them hiding frantically because a teacher was approaching. All things considering i thought that was quite dumb.
Mar 8, 2012 12:17 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, such a great episode!

I'd say the best so far.

One little thing that annoyed me was the predictable accident of the tape being ruined just as it was getting into the most important part. But hey, hopefully it can be fixed.
Mar 8, 2012 12:27 AM
Oct 2011
autisticanime said:
AGH! Show trolled me again! Should've known that tape wasn't gonna reveal the important information and then Naoya broke it!

Though makes me wonder. How do we know Naoya didn't do it on purpose, and he's the extra one? I know the dead person is not meant to know they're dead, but maybe he subconsciously knows and the curse is using him as a puppet to sabotage things?

Maybe, but don't forget about Akazawa... She's the guilty one for the events to be happening. And she didn't even take responsability. If your sub subconsciously theory were right, she would be the one.

No one has theories about the blue haired student? Why did they changed the class rep?
Mar 8, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2010
The brother's death wasn't funny at all... no, I'm not saying that the deaths til now were funny, but this one just scare the hell out of me.
The lightning was so loud... this anime by far is the only one using audio to appeal mystery to audience. Ever since the first episode.

Now this makes four deaths in the month...or was it five?
Mar 8, 2012 1:34 AM
Dec 2007
petalshreds said:
The brother's death wasn't funny at all... no, I'm not saying that the deaths til now were funny, but this one just scare the hell out of me.
The lightning was so loud... this anime by far is the only one using audio to appeal mystery to audience. Ever since the first episode.

Just 3, the kid that went for the summer trip with them and this two now. People just don't notice there's pretty big time leaps in the anime.

Mar 8, 2012 2:50 AM
Sep 2011
Great episode. Akazawa crying in the preview made me sad.
Mar 8, 2012 4:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice episode. Have to say though that why would anyone be scared by a teacher telling you off, when people you know are dying left and right?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 8, 2012 8:17 AM
Jun 2008
I am actually very interested in seeing the detail on fixing the tape that has turn into scrambled seaweed .
petalshreds said:
because you were doing the same thing like him ,watching video in a room in front of a computer.
My house live near by the MAIN road .There might be a chance that a drunked driver driving a 30ton trailer smash in to into to my toilet while I am in it...
Mar 8, 2012 8:57 AM

Jun 2009
I think possibly it could be or clues that it could be another class mate cause. It being Mei is to easy it might be the jock since he accidentaly broke the tape and no one has touched him once. But it could be Misaki. But the only problem is that Misaki almost became a victim. Cause the window glass shattered when she tried to open the window. So that means it may not be Misaki.
Setsuna200Mar 8, 2012 2:39 PM
Mar 8, 2012 9:09 AM

May 2010
Leon-Gun said:
petalshreds said:

Just 3, the kid that went for the summer trip with them and this two now. People just don't notice there's pretty big time leaps in the anime.

eh, no. shouldn't we count the girl's parents? with the parents, it's five.

MorningGlory said:
petalshreds said:
because you were doing the same thing like him ,watching video in a room in front of a computer.

...i see. >.<
Mar 8, 2012 10:44 AM

Jan 2011
Liked the flashback about 1983(?), I hope they'll solve the mystery and I'm looking forward to some more deaths.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 8, 2012 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Vokoca said:
bakuramariks said:
Nice. I love the way that guy got hit by lightning xD.

I was actually hoping that would be more violent, but oh well... :D

Lol same here :D
But still a awesome episode. And I think Mei is the really undead one.
Mar 8, 2012 12:50 PM
Feb 2012
Chemically said:
Gets more and more crazy. Awesome atmosphere.
Yeah, I kind of agree with Kaito - that's probably what's going to happend. But I hope that this anime will suprise me ; )

well i hope that they come back in time , change the past and come back where everybody is alive and happy YAY, dont judge me i really like all the character especially the drama girl :*((( it was so painful just waiting to see how will she die
but i am the most curios about what REALLY happened 26 years ago because from the start of the first ep(body in the river and blood) it seemed like no accident to me
but i am 100% sure that they will twist the whole story at the end (like in higurashi)
and possibly make the ending sad and and depressing (like in school days all-thou its half funny)
Mar 8, 2012 12:52 PM

Apr 2011
Another nice episode. :-p
This show has such a relaxing atmosphere for being a horror, and I think I love Misaki.
Mar 8, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2011
So THATS why my mom won't let me have a computer in my room!
Mar 8, 2012 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
TwinBrave said:
So THATS why my mom won't let me have a computer in my room!

I'd only be worried if you live on a downhill slant.
Mar 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
Cristu said:
autisticanime said:

Maybe, but don't forget about Akazawa... She's the guilty one for the events to be happening. And she didn't even take responsability. If your sub subconsciously theory were right, she would be the one.

No one has theories about the blue haired student? Why did they changed the class rep?

I think possibly it could be or clues that it could be another class mate cause. It being Mei is to easy it might be the jock since he accidentaly broke the tape and no one has touched him once. But it could be Misaki. But the only problem is that Misaki almost became a victim. Cause the window glass shattered when she tried to open the window. So that means it may not be Misaki.
Mar 8, 2012 3:29 PM

Nov 2007
What a thriller. Two people died this time.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 8, 2012 4:24 PM

Oct 2009
Another = Final Destination: The Animation
Mar 8, 2012 5:00 PM

Feb 2009
Or can pretending one student is still alive when dead bring about that kind of calamity I wonder; this anime as the feeling of Final Destination, "there is no escape from death"
Mar 8, 2012 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
So has anyone else noticed that in the opening has been changing in some episodes? In the parts with the characters flashing by, the ones that have died are getting replaced with another character.

Anyway, this episode was okay but that rock though.
Mar 8, 2012 7:22 PM

Jul 2007
Gogetters said:
Another = Final Destination: The Animation

Yep. =/
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 8, 2012 9:07 PM
Dec 2007
petalshreds said:
Leon-Gun said:
petalshreds said:

eh, no. shouldn't we count the girl's parents? with the parents, it's five.
AH that's true, although we didn't get a cue whether they all died or not since people "can" survive a crash, even from that high up. But yeah, totally forgot them in my count.

And someone mentioned something which is quite interesting, Misaki actually almost got herself injured twice in this episode (the window glass and the locker). People keep harping about not believing her because of the poker face she always has on but I think it's simple to see she just has that kind of personality.

Mar 9, 2012 6:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've re-watched the first episode and it all makes a lot more sense now. And in the very first scene there are very brief images that now give me a clue of 'who' it is. But who knows if it's a real clue or a misdirection on the part of the director.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2012 6:15 AM

Aug 2007
Well, this episode was interesting. More reads and an explanation that what happened in the past
Mar 9, 2012 11:05 AM
Oct 2011
Marzan said:
I've re-watched the first episode and it all makes a lot more sense now. And in the very first scene there are very brief images that now give me a clue of 'who' it is. But who knows if it's a real clue or a misdirection on the part of the director.

Judging by the opening (inside her green eye a creepy image with only the eye she doesnt have) and music "there is a second me", I think the extra is Misaki's doll's half.. Maybe Misaki as a whole.. She said she almost died when she lost her eye... Then the eye came "empty eyes in the dark" her doll eye took her life to fill its empty or maybe merged with it. That's the only reasonable theory I have so far.

In that case, I think she knows she's the dead one. She always looks as if she's at fault when someone dies. She looks to the side.. I think she's in love with Sakakibara and that's what prevents her from doing anything. I think she found out she was dead and decided to suicide, but then he appeared and filled the empty in her heart for the first time...
Mar 9, 2012 11:46 AM
Dec 2007
Cristu said:
Marzan said:

Judging by the opening (inside her green eye a creepy image with only the eye she doesnt have) and music "there is a second me", I think the extra is Misaki's doll's half.. Maybe Misaki as a whole.. She said she almost died when she lost her eye... Then the eye came "empty eyes in the dark" her doll eye took her life to fill its empty or maybe merged with it. That's the only reasonable theory I have so far.

In that case, I think she knows she's the dead one. She always looks as if she's at fault when someone dies. She looks to the side.. I think she's in love with Sakakibara and that's what prevents her from doing anything. I think she found out she was dead and decided to suicide, but then he appeared and filled the empty in her heart for the first time...
If she knew wouldnt the curse just end? The whole point of the curse being active is that dead people stumble upon the class unknowingly. The curse basically prevents said person from knowing, to the point their memories warp.

Mar 9, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2011
Of course, he had to mess up the tape just when the important part was coming up...
I don't know why, but I have a feeling the kid who is going to try and fix it, will be the next one to die.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.