Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 27, 2015 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
Psycho Shion makes a brief appearance <3. I was so ready for her to go on another rampage, damn you Keiichi >_>.

We also got to see Rika lose it for the first time, the shit she said to Erie and Takano made me laugh lol. I really don't trust Hannyuu though, it almost seems like she wants Rika to stay endlessly stuck in this loop.

But yea, Ive been really enjoying this chapter so far. The next episode should be good.
Aug 5, 2015 2:15 PM

Feb 2015
Well this is 'Massacre Chapter' so someone is going to go batshit crazy. I wonder who...
Aug 5, 2015 7:34 PM
Jun 2014
Jesus Christ, Satoshi barely knew Shion and she is obsessed with him like they were Romeo and Juliet. I know she is a yandere but I think she just is a psycho, forget the dere.
That bastard Satoshi gives so much trouble and he isn't even there in all the freaking show!
Kirigaro92Aug 5, 2015 7:49 PM
Aug 11, 2015 6:07 AM

Dec 2014
Keiichi's very skilled with bats so this isn't exactly a good thing lol
Oct 13, 2015 1:12 PM

May 2015
OK the one thing I'm having trouble with is the gas leak. Rika must know about it, seeing as she knew that Rena lived in that world.

I'm also wondering about that injection. Rika tried to give it to both Shion and Rena when they were on the brink of their sanity.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
No one in this show scares me more than Shion. She is like a mine just waiting to be stepped on. o_o
Sep 5, 2016 5:24 PM
Nov 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
I don't like this episode, the characters action didn't make sense (except for Rika), like Shion sudden rage, willing to even go as far as to say she will kill Keiichi, in the past, her action could be dismissed because of the virus, but she did seem like she was taken over at that instance, and if nothing happens to her like what happened to her in the past, then I will be disappointed. Not only that, people here, eh, not even adults, just high schoolers, talking about killing and murder as if it's the norm.

Each arc is going to be somewhat different, but I think here we're seeing the importance of mutual support. Clearly, *everyone* is a hair's breadth from exploding -- for whatever reason. The only way they can survive is to hold each other back and not cross that line.
Apr 24, 2020 3:54 AM

Feb 2018
Poor Satoko... Rika will solve anything?
May 27, 2020 6:31 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I like how this is addressing the question of how to properly solve difficult problems. Solving things in the context of the law generally does take longer, and since the law is imperfect, it doesn't always work. On the flip side, solving problems in the context of vigilante justice is quick, but it tends to be even more imperfect than solving things legally, especially since mob emotions are more easily manipulated by nefarious characters. In this series with our perfect eye as a viewer, vigilante justice makes a lot of sense, but from the character's perspective they just made the right decision by avoiding its real risks, risks often obscured by our perfect viewer perspective.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 28, 2020 2:27 AM

May 2018
ayy lifeless Satoko is back!

K shows how awesome he is now
Jul 16, 2020 9:12 PM

Aug 2018
I really hope that this world isn't a failure like all the others, so much good things happened and things changed. but considering that there are 16 episodes left this season I find it hard to believe that things will go well this time.

Aug 31, 2020 7:58 PM

Aug 2019
Satoko has to be one of the most annoying characters I don’t care if it’s for the plot, her lying saying she’s not being abused since she feels she needs to atone for her sins is the dumbest shit i’ve ever heard in any anime.
Sep 21, 2020 8:54 AM

Apr 2013
And as expectec something goes wrong, the asshole uncle is back. Another problem that they somehow need to fix to break the loop. Rika went a bit mad this episode and I don't even blame her.
Oct 25, 2020 8:32 AM
Oct 2019
OMG fcking Teppei is back... Seriously that piece of SHIT 😡
Satoko-chan will get abuse again, WTF 🤦‍♂️

Rika-chan still want to believe they can save Satoko-chan and change the fate of this world...
Hopefully Keiichi will find a way ...
Nov 5, 2020 8:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn these episode felt like forever with how slow the pacing had and the determination they had to solve the convoluted situations really suspend my overall feeling. Thanks to that damn shit scumbag guy, Teppei sens-i mean, Houjou Teppei. His contribution kinda made me fell into a disbelieved. Its similar to the third arc of the first season. His role surely stood out as the plot device to created a difficult situations for Keiichi and the gangs. Shion almost fell to the trap and went insane. Even Rika, once again, already fell into an infinite desperation and decided to take the role of the observer for the whole next situations. However, Keiichi effort, and a little precautious by his parents in the sequence, made Rika, and the rest of the gangs came back to their belief. That the happiness end could reach them all without anyone left behind. So, lets see how well Keiichi's plan on the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 18, 2020 1:43 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode. Damn, Rika really really sick of this shit. Rika lashing out on Irie and Takano though lmao, just wished them a happy trip to their deaths.

Just when we thought that things were going great Satoko's uncle is back. Things not working out with Rina must be the conditions for him to come back. Though how will they be able to convince child welfare since as they said it's like they're talking to a bunch of walls. This arc has been pretty great.
Apr 15, 2021 9:17 PM

May 2020
Interesting with what happened to Rina in this particular timeline. Also interesting was Takano and Irie mentioning the "Yamainu"; I don't think I've heard that term before. Shion went crazy this episode, and mad props to Keiichi for taking that blow to the head to calm her down. It really does seem like Keiichi is the difference for changing fate in this timeline. Others have mentioned regarding Keiichi's "plan" that he might go on a killing spree or something; while that certainly would explain the title of the arc, I can't see it realistically happening just based on Keiichi stopping Shion from killing Teppei earlier in the episode.
Jun 11, 2021 6:11 AM

Mar 2021
hanyuu is really getting on my nerves.

"don't get your hopes up!"

"you have to keep fighting!"

"you'll end up heartbroken again!"

"you'll see a happy future someday!"

this flip-flopping is so tedious. just make up your mind already, god.
Dec 11, 2021 6:56 AM
Jul 2021
i was feeling so bad for rika she needs to live this life with different events so many times and at the end she gets murdered, when she was crying i wanted to give her a hug. also i was surprised when rika suddenly shouted at takano and irie
Dec 19, 2021 9:37 PM

Aug 2020
Guess who's back, back again. The prick of an uncle.

Yes, changing fate may occur. I'm getting Steins;Gate vibes.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 6, 2022 3:28 PM
Nov 2020
Man Satoko's uncle a bitch. He probably had some tragic shit happen to him that we probably don't know about leading to his character, but he really just a bitch for doing that shit to Satoko. Some people really are doused in stupidity to the point where they can't realize they're fucking dumb as shit with what they do. I hate those kind of people
Mar 16, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 2012
Amazing episode. It's really showing how to group is learning from their past mistakes in the other worlds, maybe that's the purpose of the time loop? Who knows, but I can't wait to find out!
May 25, 2023 10:52 PM
Oct 2022
For once, there's hope, although the ominous title of massacre really contradicts that statement
Jul 13, 2023 5:50 PM
Feb 2022
Litty very interesting
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.