MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ano Natsu de Matteru »» Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

249 81.37%
4 out of 5: Liked it

37 12.09%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 2.61%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

5 1.63%
1 out of 5: Hated it

7 2.29%
Voters: 306

03-08-12, 12:48 PM

Great episode. Really, it was. Just Kanna made me cry so hard. I love her so much, and I'm so happy she was able to give Kaito-kun, albeit painfully, to Takatsuki. It was so sweet and beautiful. Kaito and Takatsuki I really don't care. They're happy. Whatever. I just want Tanigawa and Tetsuro. Such a beautiful couple. The guy in the back just loving her without having to show it.

I like Kaito's assertiveness though. He's strong, and he shows it. It's nice :)

5/5
Takeuchi said:
We never did anything wrong. Just...time has passed and changed it all. Promises to tears. Vows to wounds. A dear person...into a wonderful memory inside the eternity.

03-08-12, 1:15 PM

The best episode of the series IMO. Drama everywhere and not to forget about the epic ending with the kiss.

03-09-12, 12:35 AM

Ardamaeus said:
Lol, so what sap is coming to Earth to ruin Kaito's and Ichika's newfound lurve?

^THIS. That's what I said. A premature confession will only lead to more drama for the couple.

Kanna has the short end of the stick. Maybe Mio will turn bi and will get Remon? Lol.. but seriously. The fact someone's heart is not going to survive this particular summer hurts me where my heart should be.
Modified by MaiTai, 03-09-12, 12:44 AM

03-09-12, 2:06 AM

Drama between Tetsurou / Mio / Kanna was the best.

Finally Kaito manned up and confessed..... Awesome....

03-09-12, 3:36 AM

exs120 said:
But so far, apart from having to heal Kaito with kisses (really?), it has been highly underutilized. I want more, but only if they're going to make use of its potential.

IMO, the sci-fi element is just there to spice things up a bit and make the show feeling less cliche. It'd be nice if the writer puts more effort into it. However, it may just add another layer of complexity and end up having the plot losing its focus. This is not a tale of interspecies marriage across the galaxy; but love-circle between a group of boys and girls, with one of them happens to be an alien.

03-09-12, 4:38 AM

frustrated said:
exs120 said:
But so far, apart from having to heal Kaito with kisses (really?), it has been highly underutilized. I want more, but only if they're going to make use of its potential.

IMO, the sci-fi element is just there to spice things up a bit and make the show feeling less cliche. It'd be nice if the writer puts more effort into it. However, it may just add another layer of complexity and end up having the plot losing its focus. This is not a tale of interspecies marriage across the galaxy; but love-circle between a group of boys and girls, with one of them happens to be an alien.
When you originally tease watchers with the sci-fi element you can't just escape it because it's suddenly inconvenient. And making it less cliche? Did you not get the several times it's been mentioned the writer already played the alien card in Onegai Teacher? He just chose to use the alien main character again because he's already used it before, in other words he just lacked ideas.

03-09-12, 5:47 AM

Is this suppose to be the last episode ..
Hope they don't come up with the "save the planet" plot again to end the episode .

03-09-12, 6:15 AM

This episode realy got to me. Not the big kiss between the 2 main characters but the emotion that kana showed. By the time kana was done giving the man she loved away i was realy affected, and then when she broke down infront of Tetsuro and he put his hand on her face, i fucking lost it. That moment made this show worth watching, and it made onigai teacher look like childs play. They have realy made a good anime here. If it has a good ending this gets a 10.

03-09-12, 7:37 AM

まじで。。。?
How anyone can wish for bad things to happen to any of these characters is beyond me...

And what is up with this hate? Just because you ship one pairing doesn't mean you have to hate on another. Not to mention you shouldn't have any emotional biases since this is a love triangle concerning fictional characters, not yourself (lol). The only "people" that should be legitimately frustrated/angry should be the characters themselves. Every single one of these characters, imo, are good people. I see no reason to hate anyone (if you think logically, that is)

This.

03-09-12, 12:13 PM

*Raises fist*

03-09-12, 12:18 PM

Oh it's soo happy happy for Ichika and Kaito at the moment. This can't end good.

Poor Kanna ; _ ; She deserves so much better. The relationship between Ichika and Kaito seems to rip every one else to pieces. Interesting.

Lemon being the troll as usual with her camera <3

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

03-09-12, 12:54 PM

I used to kind of hate Tanigawa because of how she always tried to prevent Kaito X Ichika, but after this EP Tanigawa is now one of my favorite characters for what she did.

03-09-12, 1:52 PM

Tanigawa has some serious cajones.

But still Ichika needs to die or leave. One of these girls are going to get hurt if she doesn't!

03-09-12, 2:00 PM

Hashida said:
Tanigawa has some serious cajones.

But still Ichika needs to die or leave. One of these girls are going to get hurt if she doesn't!

One? I see 2 girls getting hurt. Kanna and Mio.

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

03-09-12, 2:32 PM

Leon-Gun said:
When you originally tease watchers with the sci-fi element you can't just escape it because it's suddenly inconvenient. And making it less cliche? Did you not get the several times it's been mentioned the writer already played the alien card in Onegai Teacher? He just chose to use the alien main character again because he's already used it before, in other words he just lacked ideas.

Maybe he has a thing for romancing with an alien chick? Maybe he considers this as an improved version of his old tale? Maybe he wants to pay homage to his "Onegai Teacher" series? It's been 10 years since Onegai Teacher was produced. I don't see why he can't re-use his old concept again. The sci-fi element is not becoming inconvenient. It's been playing its role in the background. It's going to provide the final obstacle to their love affair, just like in Onegai Teacher.

03-09-12, 2:38 PM

My favorite girl in this series iis Ichika and will always be Ichika, so I was overjoyed at the fact that her and Kaito finally got together.

That scene where Kanna was crying made me feel bad for her, but I actually felt worst for Tetsurou, not only seeing the girl he likes cry, but crying for another guy and professing her love for him. That must seriously hurt the heart. Add to that Mio, and I just felt worst, because she's a favorite also.

I want an ending with Ichika x Kaito and Mio x Tetsurou. If it happens...I will love this anime..and it will be the perfect ending.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

03-09-12, 2:54 PM

Oh gosh, I knew this anime was horribly underrated.

5/5 for this one.

03-09-12, 3:35 PM

frustrated said:
Maybe he has a thing for romancing with an alien chick? Maybe he considers this as an improved version of his old tale? Maybe he wants to pay homage to his "Onegai Teacher" series? It's been 10 years since Onegai Teacher was produced. I don't see why he can't re-use his old concept again. The sci-fi element is not becoming inconvenient. It's been playing its role in the background. It's going to provide the final obstacle to their love affair, just like in Onegai Teacher.

I don't mind him having Ichika as an alien or paying homage to Onegai Teacher. What I do have a problem with is the way certain plot points have been handled, namely the alien reveal. I would assume the alien card will be used to its fullest by the end, but up to this point has been nothing but a convenient plot device.

The main problem I have is with the writing in closing out episodes and dealing with the aftermath. EVERY single cliffhanger in this show has had no immediate effect whatsoever and they all have been entirely anti-climactic. I'll list the major cliffhanger episodes, and their immediate outcomes (of course the ultimate outcome is Kaito x Ichika...):
Episode 3: subway camera scene...Ichika just walks off (they couldn't think of anything creative?)
Episode 5: Tetsurou reveals to Kaito about Kanna's feelings...NEVER resolved as of yet, and since the Kaito sweepstakes are over, I don't see it ever being brought up again. Like the alien reveal, WHY was it even brought up if it wouldn't have any lasting impact (SERIOUSLY wasted opportunity - Kanna could have AT LEAST found out and the repercussions with Tetsurou would have been interesting)
Episode 8: alien reveal...everyone's okay with it (this has been touched on upon enough already)

Ano Natsu swiftly handles its cliffhangers without actually resolving them completely. Episode 3 and Episode 8 are resolved very poorly while Episode 5 is a complete joke, troll, and insult to all Kanna fans. They could have easily had a Toradora-esque confrontation like when Minori calls Ryuuji a liar in Episode 23. Just a complete lack of handling the plot point.

Luckily the direction helps A LOT! I just wish the writing would fully handle everything it brings up. So far, it hasn't done a good job in the areas above.
Modified by exs120, 03-09-12, 3:39 PM

03-09-12, 8:08 PM

However the anime is going to end, Kanna will be on the losing end
I just see no way that she can obtain what she wants; I mean, I like her and all, but still...

03-09-12, 9:31 PM

HawthorneKitty said:
However the anime is going to end, Kanna will be on the losing end
I just see no way that she can obtain what she wants; I mean, I like her and all, but still...

And that's why I won't consider the ending to be a happy ending, no matter what happens from now on.
Someone WILL be lonely and sad in the end because of that alien, and I fear that will be Kanna. If not her, then it's Mio. Even if Ichika leaves, they'll still love each other 'til eternity and stuff.

I bet they'll downplay Kanna's part from now on (they always pull this shit, heartless bastards) and focus on how Ichika has to leave soon. Of course she'd rather stay. But oh well, I couldn't care less for those two.

Meh.

Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices