Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was hardly tennis but it was entertaining at least.
LeknaatJul 18, 2023 12:14 AM
Jun 1, 2012 1:03 PM

Nov 2007
The ending was something I wanted to never happen in a Prince of Tennis anime.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 7, 2013 9:56 PM

Dec 2011
This movie just proved that PoT is a sport version of Dragon Ball Z. Ahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2013 7:14 AM

Jan 2010
Oh god, what was that ending
May 21, 2014 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, the movie was overall pretty meh....

Ryoga was an interesting character, but tennis became fire tornadoes and tidal waves...and then...?
Was very confused lol OTL

3/5
Jun 29, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
the writing in the main series is actually really good in spite of the "that's-not-how-tennis-works" moments. I feel that every concern I had with the storyline was solved in the series.

I have no idea what they were trying to do in this movie. I ended up with way too many questions after watching this...

- is ryoga blood-related to echizen?
- why does ryoga look so much like echizen if he was 'adopted'
- why didn't nanjirou say anything to echizen about ryoga
- why did ryoga 'leave home' in the first place
- how did sakurafubuki convince so many rich people to go on the cruise ship
- if ryoga left echizen's family while they were in america, did sakurafubuki meet ryoga in american or japan
- why in the hell would someone eat the thick-ass skin of an orange

I get that they were focusing more on the plotline rather than the matches themselves, but the matches were what I was looking forward to the most in something with better animation.
it would have been better if at the end ryoma was really just dreaming.

poor as hell execution. 6/10
Aug 30, 2016 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Well I finally saw the infamous dinosaur scene but no one told me about the glowing naked flying tennis at the end XD

This was just so bad. Nothing about Ryoga is really explained (are they blood brothers? How did they both forget their own brother? Why did Ryoga leave in the first place? Etc). I liked seeing the Seigaku team's antics though, like Eiji using his acrobatics to sneak around and eavesdrop, Inui using his Inui juice to help them escape, etc. Was really hoping Atobe would show up on the ship eventually.

This felt like it was thrown together really quickly without much thought. I don't really care about not seeing the matches against some nameless weak opponents but Ryoga's character could have been fleshed out more, along with the plot.
Apr 30, 2020 12:54 PM

Aug 2019
that's not tennis anymore XD and how they did the Tezuka Zone was hilarious
Jun 24, 2021 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was ridiculous but entertaining nonetheless :D
Ryoma having an older brother was something I didn't expect, apparently he was adopted at some point.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.