Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2008 11:54 AM

Oct 2007
dtshyk said:
DarknessAngel said:
dtshyk said:
Btw, did one of the Lulu's brothers (I forgot his name...) say "Nunally was found"? Nunally was found dead or alive???

Was Nunally not the governor of Area 11 ? DOH ... think for yourself a bit what he ment by that , and if u still dont understand it PM me and i will give you the answer !

I SEE... So he meant the event happened long before, when Nunally became the governor general. It's so misleading...

Glad you understood that he ment the time when Nunally was found and made governor of Area 11 ( and Lelouche was still missing at that time ... since he was under surveillance for being Zero ) ... and he states that he was thinking that if Nunally was found Lelouch would also be found soon also ( or something like that )
Now i'll quote ( and comment also , probably ) some stuff said here ;)
mystik said:
lol @spinzaku

mystik said:
so wtf was Schneizel doing for a month while there was no emperor and bismarck had told him? why didn't he make a move?

Weird but true ... they did fail at this one ...

Kayro said:

Oh, and a big lol @ rocket Charles xD

True :))) so LOLABLE
Kayro said:
(I'm still a bit in awe, since they sure know how to throw a billion stuff, per episode, at us).

Yes ... they are trully rushing all the stuff in the remaining episodes ... and its A BIT FAIL ...
8GaugeBrett said:
lol these past two episodes have made me lower my score for the season from a 7 to a 5.

It's like the writers went, "Oh crap! We have 15 episodes worth of material and only 5 episodes left in the series. Oh well, who cares if we push 50 million plot developments in the final episodes and turn Charles and Marianne into nothing more than paper thin plot devices to put Lulu on the throne. Just make sure every episode has at least one Pizza Hut endorsement on the screen so we can earn that money!"

Yes ... if u look at the first season that had a good pace and development ... and now at the second season when they went with the same pace for more then 3/4 of the episodes and now their rushing things like crazy ... its just sad ...
Fai said:
shadowtruth said:
After this episode I don't even know if I'm gonna watch the remaining. The plot is incomprehensible and the part that you understand makes you wish you didn't... I really like the first season... but this one... there are so many pacing problems, so many incoherences both in terms of plot and char development... This episode turned an average anime to a really bad one.

Prove me that you are NOT a troll by actually using examples of so called "plot inconsistencies" and "bad character development". So far everything went as by the lore set by first season.

Sadly im seconding what Fai said ... your post has no actual agruments to what u said ...
Plun said:
This is by far, one of my best C.G. episode ever.

Yep . Since they give us so much insight of what was actually happening in the background ... but they trully rushed all ...

Sorry for the mistakes :P its a long post with many quotes and i didnt wanted to edit my mistakes :P

Ps. You guys should check out the titles of the rest of the episodes ;) they might give u a bunch of new hunches ;)
Aug 31, 2008 11:56 AM
Jan 2008
Prove me that you are NOT a troll by actually using examples of so called "plot inconsistencies" and "bad character development". So far everything went as by the lore set by first season.

Susaku and lelouch char developments for example, the fact that susaku magically becomes friend of lelouch when he had so many reasons to hate him and the fact that lelouch lies even when he gains nothing from it.

About the "plot inconsistencies" maybe that is a bit of exaggerating, but what I was trying to say is that the whole geass/emperor's plan thing is badly explained and since they made it so central to the story it brings down the anime. For example Death note has supernatural elements but they cleverly never dwell to much on it, and in C.G. R2 they try to explore it but it's all to fast and not very well told.

Edit: oh and there where no arguments on my initial post because it was meant to be expression of the feelings regarding C.G. R2 and not an argument.
miltonduarteAug 31, 2008 12:04 PM
Aug 31, 2008 12:00 PM

Jul 2007
Whoa I read sunrise's minds!
by Baka-Chibi

Aug 31, 2008 12:04 PM
Oct 2007
crystalangel23 said:
Whoa I read sunrise's minds!

she's gone now. She was able to use her geass to possess people it seems. freaky o.O

Feb 2008
Yeah, Lelouch is so going to die, but it will be a fun death :)

Oct 2007
shadowtruth said:

Susaku and lelouch char developments for example, the fact that susaku magically becomes friend of lelouch when he had so many reasons to hate him and the fact that lelouch lies even when he gains nothing from it.

Well .. Lelouch does lie a lot ... but didnt you see lately when he lied it was to protect someone else ? ( example what he said to Suzaku or the Black Knights ... taking all the blame with himself for everything that went wrong ) ... and probably Suzaku is not that stupid also and kind of understood some of those things Lelouch and Charles talk about ( i didnt realy understood them well ... but i get the feeling that they were ment to " clarify " the situations to Suzaku ~ to turn him into Spinzaku ~ ... )

About the "plot inconsistencies" maybe that is a bit of exaggerating, but what I was trying to say is that the whole geass/emperor's plan thing is badly explained and since they made it so central to the story it brings down the anime. For example Death note has supernatural elements but they cleverly never dwell to much on it, and in C.G. R2 they try to explore it but it's all to fast and not very well told.

Plot Inconsistencies is way to exagerating ... since they do throw us to much developments lately ... but its true that up untill now the Geass is kept to a bare minimum need to know basis ... and i have a feeling they will throw us a bunch of Geass developments in the next episodes ... or just fail totaly and dont give us any info/developments ... and create a wiki page for it sometime later :)))
Aug 31, 2008 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
Aug 31, 2008 12:13 PM

May 2008
I swear I know what is gonna happen
I'm guessing.
Aug 31, 2008 12:16 PM

May 2008
Woah mind bork. But still awesome.

Lots of guesses about how its gonna end, maybe Gundam-Wing like? But seriously Im not gonna even try to guess anymore because I think absolutely nobody expected this. :P
Aug 31, 2008 12:23 PM
May 2008
Did anyone else think this episode was a massive rip on Eva? :\

Anyway wow suprisingly i was right about marriane's killer, and alot of other things, but now that everyone is saying that this outcome is completely bizarre it kind of makes my prediction seem mind-numbingly illogical.
Aug 31, 2008 12:36 PM
Apr 2008
it's kind of funny and weird how lelouch's mom came back then died.
Aug 31, 2008 12:37 PM

Nov 2007
DarknessAngel said:

mystik said:
so wtf was Schneizel doing for a month while there was no emperor and bismarck had told him? why didn't he make a move?

Weird but true ... they did fail at this one ...

It's explained in the episode... "Thank you, Lelouch. There are no problems left, now that you've come out into the open. Let's give Lelouch everything. Even the country of Britannia. The problem is beyond that. Will Lelouch's Geass grasp the world, or...?"

So basically, Schneizel's plan was to lay low until Lelouch claimed the throne, he wanted to give Lelouch this chance. He likely knew what would happen from the moment Lelouch trapped the Emperor inside the thought elevator, as it seems he knows a lot more then he's letting on. I wonder if he has his own Geass or something...
Aug 31, 2008 12:40 PM
Jun 2008
c.c. didn't look at all happy..hope she doesn't kill off lelouch or something.
Aug 31, 2008 12:46 PM

May 2008
Awesome episode, i still can't believe that Lulu is the emperor.
Aug 31, 2008 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
imo one of the best episodes :)
Aug 31, 2008 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
WHERE THE HELL IS ORANGE-KUN?,NOW THAT LELOUCH IS EMPEROR OHGI MIGHT REGRET TRYING TO KILL ZERO
Aug 31, 2008 12:51 PM

Oct 2007
damn... epic episode... i want to know how everything is going to end!
Aug 31, 2008 12:52 PM

Aug 2008
Lelouch seem to be going the Light Yamigi route
Aug 31, 2008 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
This ep was simply awesome... It made my day and made this show worth it, especialy since the last eps sounded shitty...

I love the outcome of Lelouch being the 99th Emperor and the shock the world had...
And ALL HAIL LELOUCH was too much for me, it was so great!

Looking forward to how Lelouch will fix the world under his rule and what evil plot Schneizel (whatever) hides...

Aug 31, 2008 1:16 PM

Apr 2008
OH, SNAP!
That was awesome.

Marianne was as messed up as Charles. ):
Poor Nunnally!

Lelouch as emperor is sorta awesome.
I FLAILED MANLY FLAILS!
Spinzaku = lol

And they said Nunnally was found?

Wow, I love this show. |: <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2008 1:21 PM

Apr 2007
This show has turned into a giant mindf*ck whirlpool of chaos and awesomeness.
And I'm loving every second of it.
Aug 31, 2008 1:24 PM

Jun 2007
SPINZAKU LOL

So Lulu the 99th Emperor, what a surprise. At least to us cause Schneizel seems to have a plan. But if we have learned something about Code Geass is that it always have a twist. So now i dont know if Lulu or Schneizel will 'win'.

Wth with Suzie as Lulu's knight?? Their weird plans that C.C. doesnt seem to like :/

Also glad that Marianne died :D
Aug 31, 2008 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
This is my favorite anime series and this is my favorite episode so far. Lelouch becoming emperor is way too epic.

I actually LIKE the fast pace. Fast is good.

I think that Suzaku switched sides because of that "making the lies true" thing mentioned earlier.

I wonder who will switch from the Black Knights over to Lelouch's side if any.

I think it will be Lelouch + Suzaku + C.C. vs KoRs + Black Knights + Schniezel + Kallen

This episode reminded me of Evangelion though xD
Aug 31, 2008 1:28 PM

Feb 2008
Anybody else sensing a Death Note end, with CC being Ryuk?
Aug 31, 2008 1:29 PM

Aug 2008
I forgot to mention that I think this actually makes it possible to have a 3rd season because Lelouch vs Schniezel can't be done with in 4 episodes and still have a final ending that wraps up everything.
Aug 31, 2008 1:37 PM
Mar 2008
Two things to say:

1- About this chapter. OH MY FUCKING GOD.

2- CG's manga is being published I think, CG R3 is possible.

Then, the number of Lelouch's emperor make me think he will die. Like, he is the 99th emperor, someone will kill him probably and become the 100th.
Aug 31, 2008 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
I paused the video at part of the preview for the next episode and it is confirmed that Bismark has Geass. Check yourself if you want.
Aug 31, 2008 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
Veronin said:

god i hope not.
Aug 31, 2008 1:49 PM
Apr 2008
Pretty scandalous! Well, I totally didn't see Lelouch becoming the next emperor, I thought he was going to overthrow the empire, but now he's the head of it. Schniezel better die or something because I REALLY don't want another season, I just don't. Also, Suzaku as Lelouch's knight? That's pretty funky, but whatever, we'll see how things turn out.

I want LelouchxKallen!!!

Veronin said:

I can actually really see this happening now that you brought it up.
Aug 31, 2008 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
I don't hate Suzaku anymore. He's pretty cool now that he's with Lelouch.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 31, 2008 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
VII said:

Oh wow haha...

lol human instrumentality anyone?
Aug 31, 2008 1:56 PM

Aug 2008
HappyPear said:
Pretty scandalous! Well, I totally didn't see Lelouch becoming the next emperor, I thought he was going to overthrow the empire, but now he's the head of it. Schniezel better die or something because I REALLY don't want another season, I just don't. Also, Suzaku as Lelouch's knight? That's pretty funky, but whatever, we'll see how things turn out.

I want LelouchxKallen!!!

Veronin said:

I really want a 3rd season :@

Why don't you want a 3rd season?

I have to admit that a Death note ending like that is so possible it is scary <_<
Aug 31, 2008 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
Veronin said:
unfortunately i see it coming,being emperor will finally corrupt him when i thouht killing Euphie turned him to the dark side
Aug 31, 2008 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
Ares_Omega said:
HappyPear said:

I want LelouchxKallen!!!

Veronin said:

I really want a 3rd season :@

Why don't you want a 3rd season?

I have to admit that a Death note ending like that is so possible it is scary <_<
CG will go down the drain if there is a3rd season there are 4 more episodes left, a movie could be done but nooooooo 3rd season god nooo.
Aug 31, 2008 2:03 PM

Jun 2008
Episode 21 in a nutshell:

Enter Lulu, Emprr, & Rgnrk
Lulu: Hurhurhur.
Emprr: [Not Amused Look]
Lulu: *Takes cup of tea out of coat.* Would you like a spot of tea? No? Well, anyway. Let's talk. Why do you hate me?
Emprr: I DNT RLY H8 U. I JUS LUV MYSELF. KTHX.
Lulu: Wait... what?
Emprr: YA. ALRITE. LETS RULE TEH GLXY TOGETHR AS FTHR & SON... & MOTHER.
Lulu: ...Huh?
C.C. (Off-Stage): [HAX Just Recently Impenetrable Rgnrk]
Enter Mrinne.
Mrinne: [Giggle] HAI2U LELOUCH.
Lulu: ...WTF?
Emprr: YA, SRSLY. V.V. 'KILLED' MRINNE. NT ME. [Gestures for hug.]
Lulu: ... >.<
Emprr: NOW I USE DTHSTAR RGNRK TO MAKE PRFCT WORLD. KTHX.
Lulu: UR DOIN IT WRONG.
Emprr: O RLY?
Enter C.C. & Spinzaku
Spinzaku: YA RLY.
Lulu: [Clever hand gestures to remove Geass-hiding Contact Lens]
Emprr: Hurhurhur. GTFO MY JUPITR LELOUCH. WAT U GOIN 2 GEASS? NO1 U CAN GEASS HERE. HURHURHUR. KTHX.
Lulu: O rly? I'm going to Geass the 'collective unconciousness'!
Rgnrk: Fo' show.
Emprr & Mrinne: O NOS.
C.C.: lol.
Spinzaku: [SPIN]

Oh, yeah, and Lelouch becomes emperor.

Not too sure I'm happy with this episode. It definitely seems things are getting rushed towards the end of the series, and Schneizel as last boss definitely seems very weird for a conclusion to the Code Geass lore. [Shrug]
Aug 31, 2008 2:04 PM

Sep 2007
Damn it. Why did they have to do a LelouchxSuzaku alliance. It should've ended with Suzaku dying a horrifying death and Lelouch laughing at him.
Aug 31, 2008 2:07 PM

May 2007
Imperial_Thunder said:
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

QFT

This might just be the best CG episode ever. I'm glad that I watched all the crap of the R2, just for the "All hail Lelouch!" moment. Even God is powerless against Lulu's geass! *insert evil laugh here* OK, not really...

Spinzaku is at it again, taking 4 armed guards in one spin swing. So Nunnaly was basically... no one. Anya was important because... she was just standing there. 1 month pass without Schnitzel making any move and still smirking after Lulu became the emperor - thinking he still has the upper hand. Emperor Lulu sits on the throne with... school uniform and Spinzaku appears out of thin air.Most of them don't make much sense, but still...

Highlight of the episode: My Anya is back.
Aug 31, 2008 2:08 PM

Nov 2007
This isn't even a train wreck anymore, I don't know what to call it ._.
Aug 31, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Uhm....
WTF?
WTF is going on there? I'm confused... >.<
Aug 31, 2008 2:19 PM

Jul 2008
Spinzaku all of the sudden gets over his loss and is promoted to "good guy" again. Seriously they need to pull a miracle out of their asses, if they want to give Code Geass a worthy ending.

All of sudden? They had an entire month to drink tea and talk. Parhaps the writers didn't want to show LL explaining what happened with Euphie and showing Suzaku's face would probably be un-drawable.

He didn't want to risk being defetaed so early. He didn't know what LL was planning and where he was. If he made a move sooner, LL might have come up with a plan to beat him. And Schneizel probably guessed what LL's next move would be. Now that he has shown himself, LL has become stronger on one front, but weaker on another. Schneizel has charisma and he won't have problems taking over Britannia once LL is dead.

So basically, Schneizel's plan was to lay low until Lelouch claimed the throne, he wanted to give Lelouch this chance. He likely knew what would happen from the moment Lelouch trapped the Emperor inside the thought elevator, as it seems he knows a lot more then he's letting on. I wonder if he has his own Geass or something...

With Emp's and Marianne's death, Schneizel is obviously the main villain now. Since CG is about geass, it seems that we will find out that Schneizel really is connected with geass somehow.

c.c. didn't look at all happy..hope she doesn't kill off lelouch or something.

Their contract still isn't fullfilled. Perhaps she thinks about will LL kill her or not.
But I have another theory: Marianne has opssesed her. There was no other reason to put the element of their communication in the storyline.

WHERE THE HELL IS ORANGE-KUN?,NOW THAT LELOUCH IS EMPEROR OHGI MIGHT REGRET TRYING TO KILL ZERO

He is probably serving as a spy in BK. Besides Lelouch, noone knows whom he serves (ok, Villeta knows, but she showed herself partialy loyal to Zero so she might hide the info). He seemed to calm when he found out that Zero is dead, IMO.
BK traitors do not know what is coming for them.

In preview, LL and Kallen were walking and talking together. Perhaps she might have hands in that?

I forgot to mention that I think this actually makes it possible to have a 3rd season because Lelouch vs Schniezel can't be done with in 4 episodes and still have a final ending that wraps up everything.

I think that was intended to be R3, but Sunrise didn't like the idea of another season.
I base this theory on the fact that 2 is an ugly number for stories and, especialy, on the fact that second half of R2 was rushed.

Then, the number of Lelouch's emperor make me think he will die. Like, he is the 99th emperor, someone will kill him probably and become the 100th.

ALL HAIL EMPEROR TAMAKI!!!

Yep:
C.C.:Sorry Lelouch, but we had a contract
L.L.: NO! I don't want to be immortal!
C.C.:Sorry, but thats the contract we made when you received Deat... Geass!
Kallen: We need to stop her!
Schneizel: Do you really want to help this bastard? He is better of immortal anyway.

A year later:
Kallen: The world is slowly returning to normal again.
Oghi: Yes, it is.
Kallen: You know, I am having doubts if making Lelouch immortal was a good idea.
Oghi: We alredy discussed that before! Justice was brought!
Aug 31, 2008 2:27 PM
Mar 2008
I'm praying for not having a DN-Like end.
Aug 31, 2008 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
I'm praying for no CGR3. >.<
Aug 31, 2008 2:33 PM

Aug 2008
Nayrael said:

In preview, LL and Kallen were walking and talking together. Perhaps she might have hands in that?

That didn't look like LL in the preview to me. I think that Kallen will actually think she was just used as a way for LL to become emperor and hate LL from the shock and confusion of the events
Aug 31, 2008 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
Ares_Omega said:
Nayrael said:

That didn't look like LL in the preview to me. I think that Kallen will actually think she was just used as a way for LL to become emperor and hate LL from the shock and confusion of the events

I'm not quite certain about that. I think Lelouch will somehow reach out to Kallen and Jeremiah and some others from the OotBK. They're a guaranteed cache for support and help, if not those he trusts in and whom he is concerned about.
Aug 31, 2008 2:37 PM

Jun 2007
Mom Dad! You cannot force your will onto other people! I wanna live in the realistic world.
Hey guys! I'm the new Emperor! What? You disagree? GEASS!!!!

Seriously Lelouch is a asshole.
Aug 31, 2008 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
mulderman said:
Mom Dad! You cannot force your will onto other people! I wanna live in the realistic world.

An asshole with some sense of ideals, at least.
Aug 31, 2008 2:40 PM

Jun 2008
WOW a lot of information in just one episode,but anyway the episode was awesome!!!
Aug 31, 2008 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
mulderman said:

ROFL @ hypocrisy

Good point there, but I still think Lelouch is the greatest character ever.
Aug 31, 2008 2:45 PM
Dec 2007
As expected, Suzaku and Lellouch are now together to fight against Schneizel and at the same time, Charles dies along with Marianne (Marianne's death is the only thing I hadn't predicted :/).

This was a grand scale episode overall and definitely the best of both CG seasons. The true show starts now with Lellouch as emperor, SUzaku by his side, but everyone else against him (the black knights, Schneizel and half of the world). Still there are not much episodes left to conclude the show, so I hope they'll manage or we'll have another OVA/movie/special and that's totally unneeded.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 31, 2008 2:47 PM
Jun 2008
i don't if any known words in all time can describe r2-21 but all those facts i'm so really going to need SHOCK TREATMENT & FULL EXPLAIN on everything in geass world.

of course next is r2-22 aka EMPEROR LELOUCH then r2 remaining 3eps besides you can all throw away your guess & prediction cause i would say this DON'T GUESS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN NEXT IN GEASS!!!

& now lelouch got 2 eyes geass & whole world is now WHAT with lelouch & suzaku i'm so going to ask Gorō Taniguchi & Ichirō Ōkouchi to TELL THE WORLD EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN GEASS
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.