Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 3:32 PM
Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Madoka-san can do anything can't she ? XD

BTW what's with all those female gangs in this anime :-O

later added note:
i actually looked it up and there really were(are) such gangs. It is said biggest one had 20 000 members. That's scary what's wrong with those girls.
Full article here under spoiler thing

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyMay 10, 2014 7:56 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 14, 2012 7:14 PM

May 2010
The people in this show have some of the weirdest choice of weapon lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 9, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2013
New opening! love the Ops in this show so damn stylish, shame they usually cash a cheque the show can't cash.

This episode was really awesome though, the sukeban centric ones usually are.
Jan 6, 2016 12:19 AM

Nov 2011
seriously, sukeban is cringey as fuck

now i need some of kyou kara ore wa to wipe off the bad taste this shit left

seriously

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ANIME ABOUT???
Apr 8, 2016 8:43 PM

Jun 2014
Madoka can even skateboard too!

Good thing Kyosuke used the power, or else that sukeban would've been dead meat.

Nov 25, 2017 7:25 AM
Nov 2015
Lame. Just another episode to tell how wonderful Madoka is. This by means of introducing a new girl out of nowhere. Sometimes this show is wonderful, Madoka is wonderful, but moments like this only show her as an object, an ideal girlfriend that any lame guy can get (like Kyosuke). I know it's anime but showing her develop skating skills and other skills as well at that level for a 14 year old girl, as if hundred of lifetimes have been subsumed into her.

I guess it's ripping on the gangster, yakuza or kabuki outlaw genre, though it doesn't add anyting new and make us understand anything deeper about the genre it's taken influence from.

One nice thing is the Umao-Ushiko version of the Sukeroku play, where Ushiko the girl is the hero and the guy is a lame damsel. It's nailed the contrast between Madoko and Kyosuke.

I really don't like the voice actor for Kyosuke. He's done so many famous roles like Tuxedo Mask, Amuro Rei... but I do not like ANY of his characters (though the shows are so good). I can only think of the guy who did Emiya Shirou that annoys me this much.
Apr 3, 2020 4:59 AM

May 2016
Last episode with the Schwarzenegger and now Ushiko san and Umao san xD

How can she slash that skateboard like that? and damn those girls are crazy for skating on
a construction building that's only frames, Kyouske rescues the day again.
May 25, 2021 2:22 PM
Oct 2019
Nice episode overall. Glad to see a glimpse of Ayukawa's past. She sure is the true embodiment of the perfect girl. I still hope that the series delves more into her past in the remaining episodes.
Jul 29, 2021 7:42 PM

Sep 2020
To be honest, this one was a very decent episode for the new OP and ED. I can't tell you I love it, but I consider every time Madoka gets the spotlight a win.
Sep 1, 2021 9:46 AM
Aug 2021
Welcome to season 3 with the new OP ED.

There were a couple odd but funny scenes:
* The scene where the gang leader says she's going to finish off Oryu, and then puts fingers in her mouth to stretch it into funny faces.
* The kabuki scene with Ushiko san and Umao san. Yo!

By the way, they say Izumi Matsumoto modeled Madoka after the American actress Phoebe Cates after seeing her in the 1982 movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". Seeing Madoka in the beginning of this episode in jeans and a letterman jacket jogged my memory of this piece of trivia.
Dec 23, 2021 11:22 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty OK episode, very dated with its focus on sukeban and parodying samurai duels, but still an interesting look back at when this was all the rage.

That scene where Madoka thought back on her relationship with Kasuga on the way to the fight, though, with the incredible saxophone... and then he shows up, right at the nick of time, as always, to support her... I can't lie, that really brought me to tears. Definitely a highlight scene making beautiful already the countless hijinks the two have gone through together. Ah, those bygone, blissful romance days...
Jan 18, 2022 11:31 AM

Jan 2018
New OP and ED. Ngl I really ended up liking the 2nd OP. I think I like it more than the first OP. The 3rd (and last) OP is great too but... it might've been ambitious in the past with the OP almost looping and also the perspective changes but I think these effects aged poorly. The ED isn't anything too crazy. First one was probably the best.

So... was this the long-fabled Madoka backstory? Honestly... not impressed. But that might be because I'm not into sukeban shit. There's got to be more about her.

The gangs in this show use the weirdest weapons. It's ok to portray underage kids casually smoking and getting drunk but weapons is where we draw the line? Even for comedic purposes it's far too silly.

The part where Madoka reminisces about Kyosuke (and Hikaru) had such a great OST. One of the best scenes of the episode but it was a glorified slideshow with repurposed scenes from past episodes. It also showed that Madoka prepared to die there though so it wasn't pointless. Thank God she's ok.

Looks like Kyosuke's gonna "time slip" again in the next episode! Hopefully it won't have another bullshit ending.
Apr 30, 2022 11:14 PM

May 2019
This episode showcase perfectly Madoka could literally do everything cool and be a perfect girlfriend for lame-ass guy like Kyosuke. She feels like beautiful cardboard rather than actual girl at the same age. As for pairing, I don't see any compatibility between these two unless it's a self-insert from the author.

Nov 13, 2022 5:27 AM

Sep 2021
The skateboard race was cool. Plus back to back Meiko Nakahara tracks!
Mar 24, 3:10 AM

Jul 2023
A great episode! Also, a new opening and a new ending - a sad reminder that it is the final cour and that I will have to say goodbye to the characters who brightened my anime viewing and made me laugh for the last few months. (added: that montage between Ayukawa and Kyouseke is great!)

Madoka's old friend Oryuu is injured and under attack from a gang from another town. Of course, Madoka would fight for her friend. It ended with a skateboarding showdown, another of those where Madoka is so skilful

Anyway, Oryuu hasn't seen Madoka for at least since the beginning of the anime as she did not know Madoka quit smoking. She quickly caught on that Madoka likes Kyousuke.

How cute!

In another dimension, Madoka and Oryuu could've been a yuri pair.
patkarununganMar 24, 3:15 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 48 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 23, 2009

38 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 47 Discussion

21 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 46 Discussion

9 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 45 Discussion

16 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kimagure Orange Road Episode 44 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 22, 2009

13 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 11, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.