MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

that anime that wont be forgotten. (10yrs time..)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» that anime that wont be forgotten. (10yrs time..)

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
03-04-12, 3:18 PM

Tiago97 said:
OriginANIME said:
Several mainstream Animes.

Oh and Clannad. (+ After Story)

Because Clannad is totally not mainstream.

In most people's heads, mainstream = 100+ episodes..
You should know that by now, try follow up on other people's stupid logic instead of pointlessly correcting them for self-amusement. ;)

As for me, I haven't been watching anime but for like one and a half year about now. Don't have anything vintage, but I guess AB is going to be staying in the back of my head for a while..
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.

03-04-12, 4:20 PM

Tiago97 said:
This is the most entertaining MAL thread in a long time.
Please continue to amuse me. :>

Agreed! It like a tennis match of insults going back and forth lol! Granted I think a few people are taking it way too seriously attacking other peoples post and opinions but, its still entertaining.

03-04-12, 5:09 PM

Inconscient said:

You should know that by now, try follow up on other people's stupid logic instead of pointlessly correcting them for self-amusement. ;)

As for me, I haven't been watching anime but for like one and a half year about now. Don't have anything vintage, but I guess AB is going to be staying in the back of my head for a while..
--No, not really. Mainstream = stuff people are watching and aware of. Episode count has nothing to do with it. A "mainstream" title can become a classic but currently popular titles don't always become "classics." Considered yourself pointedly, not pointlessly, corrected for my self-amusement as well as the edification of the general of the community at large.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

03-04-12, 5:19 PM

03-04-12, 5:30 PM

Baman said:
Anime_Name said:
lol not Code Geass? That show has spawned 30 gazillion spinoffs and adaptations already. You need a tall glass of objectivity instead of haterade, Bro.
Wat? There's a couple of manga and then what? I really don't see anything, lol. Or are you just trolling? Hell, there's hardly any merchandise of it at all either.

I was exaggerating for emphasis. So far I am aware of 4 spinoff manga, 2 OVAs, a movie, a play, and a musical all planned because of Code Geass. If Sunrise keeps putting out CG products then CG won't be easily forgotten.

03-04-12, 5:31 PM

Anime_Name said:
Baman said:
Anime_Name said:
lol not Code Geass? That show has spawned 30 gazillion spinoffs and adaptations already. You need a tall glass of objectivity instead of haterade, Bro.
Wat? There's a couple of manga and then what? I really don't see anything, lol. Or are you just trolling? Hell, there's hardly any merchandise of it at all either.

I was exaggerating for emphasis. So far I am aware of 4 spinoff manga, 2 OVAs, a movie, a play, and a musical all planned because of Code Geass. If Sunrise keeps putting out CG products then CG won't be easily forgotten.

just it will never be gundam
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

03-04-12, 5:40 PM

lisnoire said:
Inconscient said:

--No, not really. Mainstream = stuff people are watching and aware of. Episode count has nothing to do with it. A "mainstream" title can become a classic but currently popular titles don't always become "classics." Considered yourself pointedly, not pointlessly, corrected for my self-amusement as well as the edification of the general of the community at large.

I agree with this statement but I never thought of Clannad as a mainstream Anime because people where I live generally don't know what it is. (compared to stuff like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc.) Though people on here (an Anime forum) generally knows what a lot of Animes are so what Animes would you consider mainstream, and not mainstream? (just wondering by the way, not trying to start anything) lol

03-04-12, 5:41 PM

OriginANIME said:
lisnoire said:
Inconscient said:

I agree with this statement but I never thought of Clannad as a mainstream Anime because people where I live generally don't know what it is. (compared to stuff like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc.) Though people on here (an Anime forum) generally knows what a lot of Animes are so what Animes would you consider mainstream, and not mainstream? (just wondering by the way, not trying to start anything) lol

Well i think there is a difference between what's mainstream and what's mainstream on MAL, some things are really popular around here, yet the casual anime watcher who doesn't frequent sites like this may not have ever heard of them.
Myanimelist is just a crappy game.

03-04-12, 5:43 PM

I never said it would. Things I also never said Code Geass would be are LoGH, Ashito no Joe, Lupin, My Little Pony, Arthur, Doug, or Burt Lancaster.

03-04-12, 5:43 PM

The average intelligence of some of the posters here is starting to scare me. Particularly since someone who claims they're 26 years old doesn't know how to properly form a sentence.

That said...

Death Note
Clannad
NGE
Cowboy Bebop
Haruhi Suzumiya
Fullmetal Alchemist & Brotherhood
Code Geass
GITS
Clannad & After Story
All of the never-ending/super-long (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, maybe Gintama)

03-04-12, 5:45 PM

jpem said:
OriginANIME said:
lisnoire said:
Inconscient said:

Well i think there is a difference between what's mainstream and what's mainstream on MAL, some things are really popular around here, yet the casual anime watcher who doesn't frequent sites like this may not have ever heard of them.

Yeah that's what I was referring to basically. Hardcore Anime fans would generally know what Animes like Clannad etc. are but overall, in my opinion, I wouldn't consider it "mainstream" compared to Animes like Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece etc.

03-04-12, 5:47 PM

Anime_Name said:
Still, pumping out lots of spinoffs for cashing in on a success doesn't necessarily equate to lasting impact. Just take those manga for example, I'll bet my kidney very few people have heard about them outside some of the more fervent fans, and from what I'm seeing they don't exactly leave much impact in their own right either.
Just take Votoms, there's loads of spinoffs of it, but it's still not a very well known series. Now Geass has an edge there by being pretty mainstream, but so long as it's spinoffs don't reach a similar renown, they won't amount to much.
Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

03-04-12, 5:50 PM

lisnoire said:
Inconscient said:

Believe me, most people solely class the big three as mainstream, grouping the rest of the mainstream series in a different category simply to justify their 'mainstream sucks' opinion.
I'm not talking about the whole etymology of the concept, but how narrowly people tend to look at it..
And by pointlessly, I mean by posting a completely irrelevant off-topic post to correct a single guy's shallow logic. That single post then leading towards a massive debate on a thread that it has nothing to do with it.. Your average MAL argument.
Lastly, define 'classic'. Series don't have to be 'classic' to be considered mainstream..
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.

03-04-12, 5:51 PM

Anime_Name said:

I never said it would. Things I also never said Code Geass would be are LoGH, Ashito no Joe, Lupin, My Little Pony, Arthur, Doug, or Burt Lancaster.

i see what sunrise is doing its not oyu saying it its sunrise trying to make CG the new gundam
my 11 main things i rate on

1 Impact on Impact on industry both the anime and Original Manga had
2 TV Ratings in Japan [ Gross for movies Unit sales for OVAs 3 Manga Ka of the Sourcework
4 how loyal the anime stayed to its source how well the compare to other big name in its genre
5 Seiyuu casting [ how many i know by voice i use the royal I here ]
6 Impact on General Pop Culture in Japan and the West 7 Impact on Otaku Culture in Japan and the West
8 Music[ Instrumentation]
9 merchandise sales
10 art style 11 Studio who produced the anime[ and what thay have done for the industry]

03-04-12, 5:53 PM

Too many to list in mainstream, cult, and moe, and of course it will differ between Eastern and Western sensibilities.

I'm just gonna laugh at the people saying things like Eva or Bebop. Those have been around for 15-20 years already. They've already stood the test of time on one hemisphere or the other.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Every time you recommend Sword Art Online, a baby seal gets clubbed.

03-04-12, 6:00 PM

I'm certain that most if not everyone, even non anime watchers, in the US of A knows what Dragon Ball is or at the very least heard of it.

03-04-12, 6:02 PM

anything easily recognized such as narutards and Kurasaki-kun

03-04-12, 6:35 PM

Baman said:
Anime_Name said:
Still, pumping out lots of spinoffs for cashing in on a success doesn't necessarily equate to lasting impact.

Stop changing the subject. The question is, Will CG be remembered in 10 years time? The spinoffs and crap keeps it from being forgotten and it already is closing in on the 10 year mark while current productions are still ongoing.

Just take those manga for example, I'll bet my kidney very few people have heard about them outside some of the more fervent fans, and from what I'm seeing they don't exactly leave much impact in their own right either.

If we are not talking about fans then who the hell are we talking about? It's the fervent fans that kept NGE's hype high all these years prior to the reboot movies sparking a new interest in the series from anime fans that don't like old graphics. It's funny that you weren't even aware of them before my post but now are so well informed that you know how much impact these series have or will have in the future. I bet you make a killing at the horse races.

Just take Votoms, there's loads of spinoffs of it, but it's still not a very well known series. Now Geass has an edge there by being pretty mainstream, but so long as it's spinoffs don't reach a similar renown, they won't amount to much.

The topic is talking about being remembed for 10 years, not 30.

03-04-12, 6:57 PM

24601 said:
Anime_Name said:

i see what sunrise is doing its not oyu saying it its sunrise trying to make CG the new gundam

It's called milking a franchise. Gundam isn't the only series that does it.
Myanimelist is just a crappy game.

03-04-12, 7:28 PM

Even though It's only been a year since it was released, I say Madoka is one of those anime that has a chance that it will be remembered in 10 years time.

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices