Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fairy Tail Episode 120 Discussion

Pages (2) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] »
Poll: Fairy Tail Episode 120 Discussion

03-03-12, 5:39 AM

-AzureSkies- said:
Someone remind me why the hell Hades didn't just cast Grimoire Law the instant Makarov went down, and instant kill all of Fairy Tail?...

Because it would be inconvenient for the plot. Simple as that.

03-03-12, 6:58 AM

The finishing combo was well done, even Wendy got a cool new attack. I liked how anime expanded few things, like Hades trying to cast Grimoire Heart as a last resort. Without Exceed Squad and Ultear's help, they would never had won. The aftermath between the guild members was pretty funny. Nurse Erza takes the cake. ^^

03-03-12, 7:17 AM

Shitty fight + shitty humor = shitty conclusion.

However, Erza in nurse outfit made this a 2/5.

03-03-12, 7:25 AM

lol Erza nurse xDD

03-03-12, 8:15 AM

Knave said:
Shitty fight + shitty humor = shitty conclusion.

However, Erza in nurse outfit made this a 2/5.

Conclusion to what, the fight, episode, or story arc?

Because this arc ain't over. I mean, there's a reason why the Magic Council got their asses out of there when they did.

03-03-12, 9:19 AM

OMG! This episode was so great! I mean, it made me shiver, like most of them do.

I don't know what Acnologia is (I don't read the manga) but uff! That power seems to me like a badass!

FAIRY TAIL, YOU ROCK!

PD: GazillexLevy is sooo cute! :3

03-03-12, 9:21 AM

I enjoyed that new song so much, especially when the sun started rising...my god that was so epic and nice.
ban1o.jpg

03-03-12, 9:30 AM

So many hilarious moments.Wtf Juvia? xDD

03-03-12, 10:08 AM

epicness ftw

._. yeah that would be all .

03-03-12, 10:27 AM

Awesome episode~ Can't wait for the next episode...when you-know-what is going to come. Zeref is really a mysterious character...I am looking forward to the chapter when his secrets will be revealed~

03-03-12, 10:45 AM

Great episode, though the filler kind of annoyed me (except Erza being a nurse)..
ERZA FTW !

03-03-12, 11:07 AM

Gajeel X Levy lol

At least they took half the episode to finish the fight. I hate it when sometimes it is finished within the first 3 minutes lol. Last part was all fan service I swear.

03-03-12, 11:08 AM

Oh and is another Filler next?

03-03-12, 11:22 AM

The music always makes the fights more awesome. Juvia begging for punishment was funny. Looking forward to next week where hopefully Canna will finally talk to Gildarts and...blockhead?! hehe

"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring humans, and from the same mouth you started devouring humans, you cried out to me 'I love you,' would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today?"

03-03-12, 11:30 AM

In next week we will probably get another episode with some fillers ;/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

03-03-12, 11:40 AM

shadowtsunami said:
Oh and is another Filler next?

DJ007 said:
In next week we will probably get another episode with some fillers ;/

It is all from the manga. Form the preview I can tell that they will animate at least chapters 250-251

03-03-12, 11:48 AM

Sigh. I was kinda going for the bad guys...getting tired of Natsu finishing everyone off. Laxus or Gildarts would have been cool.

03-03-12, 1:46 PM

No filler till the arc is over, at least. And this arc ain't over. And there will definitely be filler arcs. This Japanese blog post has proof.

http://tomodachi100.blog54.fc2.com/blog-entry-947.html

03-03-12, 2:02 PM

mundo said:
I always thought it was dumb that Hades had a spell that could instantly wipe out all of Fairy Tail but never used it, and Hades still having some fight after his heart was gone was a nice touch.

Hades described Grimoire Law as only being a deterrent magic that he can't just use carelessly. However, I do agree that it didn't make sense for him to not try using it during the fight in the manga like he tried to do this episode.

-AzureSkies- said:
Someone remind me why the hell Hades didn't just cast Grimoire Law the instant Makarov went down, and instant kill all of Fairy Tail?...

The same reason nations don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. It's a deterrent, not meant to actually be used except as a last resort.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums

03-03-12, 4:00 PM

Seeker said:

The same reason nations don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. It's a deterrent, not meant to actually be used except as a last resort.

Well, think of the reasons nations actually don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. Either the opposing nation is too weak to warrant using such force, or the nation in question is also in possession of of a nuclear arsenal, in which case massive damage would be inflicted to both sides in the case of a nuclear war. The 2nd case ceased to become a factor when Markarov was defeated, since Markarov was the only member of Fairy Tail capable of casting a spell of that level. The first is not the case, which should've made itself obvious once Hade's "7 kin of purgatory" were defeated. In which case, I should probably add a "and the 7 kin of puragtory were defeated" clause to my original statement.

Rhayve said:

Because it would be inconvenient for the plot. Simple as that.

Pretty much this (aka plothole). Not hating on the episode, since I expect such plotholes to pop up everywhere in a shounen, but just pointing it out.

03-03-12, 4:10 PM

Erza, y u no stop being so damn sexy?

03-03-12, 5:10 PM

i want to be wrapped in band-aids by nurse-san.
:3

03-03-12, 6:57 PM

Yay for epic Charles+Happy pose! Exodia army fight on!
Also the 2nd part made me smile. The guild we know and love is back :,)

03-03-12, 7:34 PM

my fave ep of this arc.
levi getting jelouse
laxus giving elfman aproval
julvia wanting punishment
wendys drangon wing attack looked great
every single male member+ laxus lineing up for nurse erza.
5/5
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/

03-04-12, 1:06 AM

The fact that Gray was the one that noticed Juvia was missing.. That was a nice touch.
The fact that no one tried to look for her was funny though. Granted I guess it was fine to stay at camp for her to find her way back. *Shrugs*

The evolved ships are funny and cute.

I think I saw Laxus x Lisanna in the preview though. o_O Odd...

I can't wait for things to get even more interesting now. Looks like a can of worms has been opened. o:

Just like in a lot of shounen anime/manga.. I wish they would just kill the bad guys off! Completely! I'm tired of the TKO conclusion. Someone needs to DIE. lol

03-04-12, 4:50 AM

This episode was perfect ! Fucking great ^^

5/5
yuno6.jpg

03-04-12, 6:31 AM

Juvia freaking Gray out made this episode xD

03-04-12, 8:28 AM

-AzureSkies- said:
Seeker said:

Well, think of the reasons nations actually don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. Either the opposing nation is too weak to warrant using such force, or the nation in question is also in possession of of a nuclear arsenal, in which case massive damage would be inflicted to both sides in the case of a nuclear war. The 2nd case ceased to become a factor when Markarov was defeated, since Markarov was the only member of Fairy Tail capable of casting a spell of that level. The first is not the case, which should've made itself obvious once Hade's "7 kin of purgatory" were defeated. In which case, I should probably add a "and the 7 kin of puragtory were defeated" clause to my original statement.

First of Markarov is not the only member that can cast Fairy Law don t forget Laxus.

And second how will Hades know that there is only one with the power of the Fairy Law ?
He saw fairy tail last time for 48 years ago.

And not to forget that Hades underestimated his enemy.
He intended that with the power of "Grimoire Heart" and with the destruction of the Great Tenrou Tree nobody from Fairy tail would beat him.

It is the same way like USA lost the Vietnam War.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Only at the end we realize our errors, but then it is most times to late.
Modified by Sereaphim, 03-04-12, 9:01 AM

03-04-12, 8:55 AM

Happy was crying..... "save me, natsu!!"

03-04-12, 9:32 AM

Needs full-length images of Nurse Erza.
Also a gif of Juvia shaking her booty.

03-04-12, 12:41 PM

Well, the group attack in the first half was cool, but Hades' heart and the normal shortcuts with animation kind of cheapened that battle. And by kind of I mean mostly. Markarov point blank asks Hades "WTF, Dude?!" and the answer was bland generic forgettableness.

The second half was much better. I always love the post victory (is it a victory yet? some people are saying the arc isn't over) Fairy Tail camaraderie. Very funny, especially everyone cutting in line to get Nurse Erza's attention and then regretting it. Had me in stitches.

Very interested to see what happens next with Zeref and the thing the Magic Council guys were crapping their pants over.

03-04-12, 1:14 PM

Lmfao juvia bending over and asking grey to punish her.

03-04-12, 4:49 PM

Was good episode. Was some good humor as well like, Juvia with Gray and Gildartz to Laxus, etc.
Best moment was Zeref at the end, finally we will be seeing Acnologia can't wait, going to be epic xD

Looking forward to next episode to come ;o

03-04-12, 4:57 PM

didnt expect Zeref to be on the ship lol can't wait for next episode!!!

03-04-12, 5:16 PM

Sereaphim said:

And not to forget that Hades underestimated his enemy.
He intended that with the power of "Grimoire Heart" and with the destruction of the Great Tenrou Tree nobody from Fairy tail would beat him.

Exactly. With the Tenrou Tree back, Mavis's holy protection is back, ensuring they are never defeated. He tried Grimoire Law because he was desperate

03-04-12, 7:36 PM

Heh, seems like Hades is getting what he deserves for playing the super-ultimate grandmaster expert of darkest darkness when Zeref is around. I hope Zeref kills him (hopefully the other two, too. And i mean, really. Not some "haha, i had you there" dead) like he killed Zancrow. Though the fact that they showed Zancrow in the "reactions" scenes made me wonder if he's supposed to be alive.

Also, Wendy learning a new move. Nice.

Though she should learn faster (Wendy for Sky Dragon's Exploding Lightning Storm Blade!). Or invent some more. She really hasn't much stuff. She basically has 3 spells. She can combine them, ok, but that doesn't really count, casting it one after another holds the same result. Then she has the roar, which *every* dragon slayer, and she has Troia (healing motion sickness), which not only is not useful at all except for Natsu, it's explicitly stated that it's effect will become weaker with each time..so, after learning the new move, she has 3 support spells, the roar and one attack spell. She doesn't seem to use any special spells to heal..so, while healing is nice and all, it doesn't really count, Natsu won't die of fire or lava, Laxus can transport himself with/transform into his lightning etc..

I would love her having a more important role during the battle. Preventing injures by more support/offensive, instead of healing (and even this gets stolen by Erza. I wonder what made Erza do this?).

Also, they should work on their combination attacks. Normal ones, unison raids, and transfering dragon slayer magic. Imagine what Natsu could do with Gajeel+Wendy's power on top of his/w Laxus' already in when he is that strong alone/w only Laxus. And then Gray, Erza and Lucy throw/kick him to speed him up even more. He would probably instant kill Gildarts with this. Or maybe Wendy can out heal spells like Hades threw around, or even Zeref's death wave with this much power, or make Happy and Carla hit harder then Lily in full power.

They really need to show more combinations, integrate known facts like that you can transfer your dragon slayer magic temporarily and let them learn new stuff.

Also, the comedy. It was a bit over the top, with so many scenes in short sequence, more fitting for an actual filler episode, but still nice enough.

03-04-12, 8:52 PM

YES! WENDY! GOOD JOB!

03-07-12, 3:25 AM

Really impressed with the job the anime has done with this arc so far. The added fight scenes were clutch, i though they did a great job of covering for all the left overs the manga rushed through.

03-07-12, 5:32 AM

Dont know how FT fits so much fun into a single episode.

Loved every bit about it as everyone has mentioned already.

But my favorite bit was how Gajeel was hugging Lily when they all met up lol.

03-08-12, 9:25 AM

TsukiumiFanboy said:
Erza + Nurse outfit = :0
Too much for me xD

03-08-12, 5:54 PM

Nice episode :D Why is Meredy looking at Ultear like that? o.o

03-08-12, 6:16 PM

shinki7 said:
Nice episode :D Why is Meredy looking at Ultear like that? o.o

She just learnt that Ultear killed her whole village and lied about it for years...
That's why she's looking at her like that.

03-08-12, 9:54 PM

nvm
Modified by Godel, 03-08-12, 9:59 PM

03-10-12, 12:21 PM

Awesome, I loved this episode.

03-20-12, 11:34 AM

Well everyone talked about the sexiness of Erza in nursed outfit so nothing will be gained with me being another one so i will point to a sexy backround scene scene not many have noticed. Just look at the dress cut.

03-22-12, 11:10 PM

@Monad: Thanks for mention that.

Erza in nurse uniform and everyone line up!

Wendy feel discouraged by her breast-size and Wendy angry at Gajeel is just cute!

04-12-12, 9:13 PM

Those bastards! How dare they go to Erza for healing, when they already have Wendy, who's cuteness is like the miracle of the universe!? Sure, I wouldn't want her to use any more magic power than she has to, but...

04-19-12, 2:28 PM

I've just come back to watching fairy tail after a long break and can't help but notice how large some of the women breasts are, were they always that big?

oh and nurse Erza, very nice.

04-21-12, 11:50 PM

okay at least the comedy was good making up for the last few battles sucking.

highlights

Capricorn calling Lucy fat lol
Juvia wanting Gray to punish her
Laxxus bro'ing it up
Nurse Erza being hot and scary at the same time
Levy getting jealous
Ever trying to get Laxus to punish Elfman lol

a bit too cheery with Zeref still out there.

Lucy has been busting out of her top for a while. Erza was always good sized. The rest aren't too bog up there, maybe Mira.

04-26-12, 2:43 PM

This episode was so win. I love Fairy Tail :D

Pages (2) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy