Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 2, 2012 7:49 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That finishing combo was epic. Nuff said.
Mar 2, 2012 7:49 PM

May 2010
First half was epic. :D
Natsu is one of the most awesomest characters ever! 8D

The art looked really nice in this episode. >:3

Laxus was so on to Gajeel x Levy XD

Haha @ everyone leaving Lucy to carry Natsu <3
=]

All the guys lined up when Erza when't into 'Nurse mode' XD i can't believe Natsu got in line too. lol
Levy didn't like it that Gajeel was also in line XD

Epic & Funny. FT always keeps me happy. :D
Everyone is awesome!
5/5
MermaidGalaxiesMar 2, 2012 8:21 PM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 2, 2012 8:18 PM
Oct 2009
It was good. The final round seemed slightly more thorough than in the manga, what with Hades trying putting up a bit more of a fight using what little magic he had left. His whole "Grimoire Law" technique seemed like a one-time throwaway spell in the manga, so to see it again kind of gave it a bit more presence.

We also get to see actual interaction between Lucy and Capricorn, who I never noticed switched his clothes to a tuxedo during his attack on Hades in the manga. It must've been the angle.

Besides the whole "nurse outfit" cosplay Erza pulled off, what really stole the episode was Laxus giving Elfman his approval over...whatever is between him and Evergreen.

All in all, it just made things seem a little more complete. And now that the final battle against Hades is over, it's time for the shit to really hit the fan.
Mar 2, 2012 8:27 PM

May 2011
EPIC finishing combo!
OOh I love when Natsu does that one!
Mar 2, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 2009
it's over but is it really? What happened to that pink haired girl and that one girl Ul who was trying to kill Grey? did they stay on the island? as always can't wait till the next episode!!!! Love this Anime!!!
Mar 2, 2012 8:46 PM
Sep 2011
That part with Ultear and Meredy O_O
Mar 2, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2007
Still waiting on Acnologia.
Mar 2, 2012 11:04 PM
Apr 2011
Erza + Nurse outfit = :0
Mar 2, 2012 11:06 PM
Aug 2011
Very impressive extension to the final portion of the battle, Hades trying to cast Grimoire Law and other minor reactions such as commenting on Capricorn making it much more "complete" than it was in the manga. Zeref - Announcing the end of the a era! (Next week : Acnologia)
Mar 2, 2012 11:42 PM
Mar 2010
I normally hate then anime's handling of the manga, but credit where credit is due, they made the end of the fight better. I always thought it was dumb that Hades had a spell that could instantly wipe out all of Fairy Tail but never used it, and Hades still having some fight after his heart was gone was a nice touch.

But Hades was such a boring villain. Potentially cool backstory as previous master, horrible execution. Every single line during the fight was either "you're no match for me brats!" or "how is this possible!" His motivations also were incredibly unclear and I simply did not care or feel threatened by him. The only good villain this arc was Azuma.
mundoMar 4, 2012 4:57 PM
Mar 2, 2012 11:48 PM

Apr 2011
First part was EPIC!!!!
And lol at Fried, he is such a fanboy for Laxus XD
And also I liked the little filler part, it was funny...
Zeref,announcing the end of the era.Hmmm, I know what he means, because next week:

Mar 3, 2012 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Seductive Nurse Erza.
OH GAWD MY DICK

Other then that pretty good episode can't wait for the next episode as I believe I know what's coming next!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 3, 2012 1:26 AM
Nov 2010
That was a good episode, the battle was finished nicely...
I'm wondering what happened with Ultear and Meredy and also what Zeref plans to do...
Mar 3, 2012 2:02 AM

Feb 2010
the ending of the battle was done well and lol 2nd part was pure comic relief.
Mar 3, 2012 3:08 AM

Aug 2009
First half of the episode was epic.

And Makarov forgives Grimoire heart for some reason and the reason why Hades went evil was still confusing.

But the second half was damn funny. Almost every scene was hilarious. Special bonus goes to nurse-Erza armor and Juvia chasing Grey with her ass.

I'm confused about Zeref: Was he in the island all this time or did he appear there when the keys were used? We never saw the keys or when they were used in the island...maybe they don't need to be used in the island. But how did Zeref know about Natsu? Maybe he can see the future? Then he should've predicted a lot of things. Aargh lets finish this arc first, before delving into this.

Yay, Cana finally overcomes her lack of daughter material and confronts his father.
Mar 3, 2012 3:20 AM
Feb 2010
First half was good. Too bad Natsu didn´t say `Who the hell do you think I am´.

Second half, well, I guess that doesn´t need explanation.
Mar 3, 2012 3:28 AM

Sep 2010
Someone remind me why the hell Hades didn't just cast Grimoire Law the instant Makarov went down, and instant kill all of Fairy Tail?...
Mar 3, 2012 4:12 AM
Aug 2011
-AzureSkies- said:
Someone remind me why the hell Hades didn't just cast Grimoire Law the instant Makarov went down, and instant kill all of Fairy Tail?...
Because that magic shouldn't be cast recklessly , its meant to discourage opponents into submission or should only be used as a last resort
Mar 3, 2012 4:31 AM
Feb 2012
ugh Laxus X Lisanna.....aw hell no
Mar 3, 2012 5:11 AM

Mar 2011
Yess Acnologia is coming
Mar 3, 2012 5:39 AM
Jul 2011
-AzureSkies- said:

Because it would be inconvenient for the plot. Simple as that.
Mar 3, 2012 6:58 AM

Oct 2010
The finishing combo was well done, even Wendy got a cool new attack. I liked how anime expanded few things, like Hades trying to cast Grimoire Heart as a last resort. Without Exceed Squad and Ultear's help, they would never had won. The aftermath between the guild members was pretty funny. Nurse Erza takes the cake. ^^
Mar 3, 2012 7:17 AM

Oct 2008
Shitty fight + shitty humor = shitty conclusion.

However, Erza in nurse outfit made this a 2/5.
Mar 3, 2012 8:15 AM
Oct 2009
Knave said:
Shitty fight + shitty humor = shitty conclusion.

However, Erza in nurse outfit made this a 2/5.

Conclusion to what, the fight, episode, or story arc?

Because this arc ain't over. I mean, there's a reason why the Magic Council got their asses out of there when they did.
Mar 3, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
OMG! This episode was so great! I mean, it made me shiver, like most of them do.

I don't know what Acnologia is (I don't read the manga) but uff! That power seems to me like a badass!

FAIRY TAIL, YOU ROCK!

PD: GazillexLevy is sooo cute! :3
Mar 3, 2012 9:21 AM
May 2011
I enjoyed that new song so much, especially when the sun started rising...my god that was so epic and nice.
ban1o.jpg
Mar 3, 2012 9:30 AM

Feb 2010
So many hilarious moments.Wtf Juvia? xDD
Mar 3, 2012 10:08 AM

Jun 2011
epicness ftw
Mar 3, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode~ Can't wait for the next episode...when you-know-what is going to come. Zeref is really a mysterious character...I am looking forward to the chapter when his secrets will be revealed~
Mar 3, 2012 10:45 AM

Feb 2011
Great episode, though the filler kind of annoyed me (except Erza being a nurse)..
ERZA FTW !
Mar 3, 2012 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
The music always makes the fights more awesome. Juvia begging for punishment was funny. Looking forward to next week where hopefully Canna will finally talk to Gildarts and...blockhead?! hehe
Mar 3, 2012 11:30 AM

Oct 2011
In next week we will probably get another episode with some fillers ;/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2012 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
shadowtsunami said:
Oh and is another Filler next?

DJ007 said:
In next week we will probably get another episode with some fillers ;/

It is all from the manga. Form the preview I can tell that they will animate at least chapters 250-251
Mar 3, 2012 11:48 AM

Jul 2008
Sigh. I was kinda going for the bad guys...getting tired of Natsu finishing everyone off. Laxus or Gildarts would have been cool.
Mar 3, 2012 1:46 PM
Oct 2009
No filler till the arc is over, at least. And this arc ain't over. And there will definitely be filler arcs. This Japanese blog post has proof.

http://tomodachi100.blog54.fc2.com/blog-entry-947.html
Mar 3, 2012 2:02 PM

Dec 2007
mundo said:
I always thought it was dumb that Hades had a spell that could instantly wipe out all of Fairy Tail but never used it, and Hades still having some fight after his heart was gone was a nice touch.

Hades described Grimoire Law as only being a deterrent magic that he can't just use carelessly. However, I do agree that it didn't make sense for him to not try using it during the fight in the manga like he tried to do this episode.

-AzureSkies- said:

The same reason nations don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. It's a deterrent, not meant to actually be used except as a last resort.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Mar 3, 2012 4:00 PM

Sep 2010
Seeker said:

The same reason nations don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. It's a deterrent, not meant to actually be used except as a last resort.

Well, think of the reasons nations actually don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. Either the opposing nation is too weak to warrant using such force, or the nation in question is also in possession of of a nuclear arsenal, in which case massive damage would be inflicted to both sides in the case of a nuclear war. The 2nd case ceased to become a factor when Markarov was defeated, since Markarov was the only member of Fairy Tail capable of casting a spell of that level. The first is not the case, which should've made itself obvious once Hade's "7 kin of purgatory" were defeated. In which case, I should probably add a "and the 7 kin of puragtory were defeated" clause to my original statement.

Rhayve said:

Because it would be inconvenient for the plot. Simple as that.

Pretty much this (aka plothole). Not hating on the episode, since I expect such plotholes to pop up everywhere in a shounen, but just pointing it out.
Mar 3, 2012 4:10 PM

Mar 2011
Erza, y u no stop being so damn sexy?
Mar 3, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
i want to be wrapped in band-aids by nurse-san.
:3
Mar 3, 2012 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
Yay for epic Charles+Happy pose! Exodia army fight on!
Also the 2nd part made me smile. The guild we know and love is back :,)
Mar 3, 2012 7:34 PM

Jul 2011
my fave ep of this arc.
levi getting jelouse
laxus giving elfman aproval
julvia wanting punishment
wendys drangon wing attack looked great
every single male member+ laxus lineing up for nurse erza.
5/5
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/
Mar 4, 2012 1:06 AM

Oct 2011
The fact that Gray was the one that noticed Juvia was missing.. That was a nice touch.
The fact that no one tried to look for her was funny though. Granted I guess it was fine to stay at camp for her to find her way back. *Shrugs*

The evolved ships are funny and cute.

I think I saw Laxus x Lisanna in the preview though. o_O Odd...

I can't wait for things to get even more interesting now. Looks like a can of worms has been opened. o:

Just like in a lot of shounen anime/manga.. I wish they would just kill the bad guys off! Completely! I'm tired of the TKO conclusion. Someone needs to DIE. lol

Mar 4, 2012 4:50 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was perfect ! Fucking great ^^

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Mar 4, 2012 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
Juvia freaking Gray out made this episode xD
Mar 4, 2012 8:28 AM
Jan 2011
-AzureSkies- said:
Seeker said:

Well, think of the reasons nations actually don't just fire nukes at each other carelessly. Either the opposing nation is too weak to warrant using such force, or the nation in question is also in possession of of a nuclear arsenal, in which case massive damage would be inflicted to both sides in the case of a nuclear war. The 2nd case ceased to become a factor when Markarov was defeated, since Markarov was the only member of Fairy Tail capable of casting a spell of that level. The first is not the case, which should've made itself obvious once Hade's "7 kin of purgatory" were defeated. In which case, I should probably add a "and the 7 kin of puragtory were defeated" clause to my original statement.

First of Markarov is not the only member that can cast Fairy Law don t forget Laxus.

And second how will Hades know that there is only one with the power of the Fairy Law ?
He saw fairy tail last time for 48 years ago.

And not to forget that Hades underestimated his enemy.
He intended that with the power of "Grimoire Heart" and with the destruction of the Great Tenrou Tree nobody from Fairy tail would beat him.

It is the same way like USA lost the Vietnam War.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Only at the end we realize our errors, but then it is most times to late.
SereaphimMar 4, 2012 9:01 AM
Mar 4, 2012 8:55 AM

May 2010
Happy was crying..... "save me, natsu!!"
Mar 4, 2012 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
Needs full-length images of Nurse Erza.
Also a gif of Juvia shaking her booty.
Mar 4, 2012 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
Well, the group attack in the first half was cool, but Hades' heart and the normal shortcuts with animation kind of cheapened that battle. And by kind of I mean mostly. Markarov point blank asks Hades "WTF, Dude?!" and the answer was bland generic forgettableness.

The second half was much better. I always love the post victory (is it a victory yet? some people are saying the arc isn't over) Fairy Tail camaraderie. Very funny, especially everyone cutting in line to get Nurse Erza's attention and then regretting it. Had me in stitches.

Very interested to see what happens next with Zeref and the thing the Magic Council guys were crapping their pants over.
Mar 4, 2012 1:14 PM

Oct 2011
Lmfao juvia bending over and asking grey to punish her.
Mar 4, 2012 4:49 PM
Feb 2012
Was good episode. Was some good humor as well like, Juvia with Gray and Gildartz to Laxus, etc.
Best moment was Zeref at the end, finally we will be seeing Acnologia can't wait, going to be epic xD

Looking forward to next episode to come ;o
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

breathesunshine - May 17, 2010

112 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 10, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - May 3, 2010

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 26, 2010

111 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 23, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

185 by phantom346 »»
Apr 23, 8:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.