Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Did you agree with their actions or not?
Mar 2, 2012 6:36 PM

Nov 2009
After having finished watching this recently and seeing how split people are on the whole idea of the two of them getting together, I thought it would be a good idea to see the consensus of the people.

Personally I agreed with them getting together by the end, I understand the taboo of the fact that were actually a blood related brother and sister. However I believe the love that is actually depicted all the way through the series particularily in the latter half is one of the most pure that I have ever seen. I've seen relationships that arent frowned upon have no where that sort of dependancy on each other and if it is what would make them happy then I'm all for it.

After all they have different family names so if they moved away from prying eyes, I'm sure no one would be any the wiser and they could live a happy life together with each other. Obviously I'm not sure exactly how children would work out as I know the whole genetic makeup would be a potential problem so I would agree with their relationship but not to involve anyone else. Person or potential person.

What do you all think?
Jan 7, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2008
Rather than support or not, i would say i would not even care about it. Think of one of them being your friend, i wouldn't go against it, but not really support it. I would just let them do what they want. However, if they need my help, i will still help them because they are still my friend. Basically, i am just saying, it is none of my business and we(as third party) have no real say in anything.
Jan 7, 2013 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
Well, I would not have any problem supporting them, just because it's incest. It's just that there wasn't that much character depth, and in the end it felt like nothing special.
Mar 12, 2013 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
ew incest
Close the world, ƚxƎn ɘʜƚ nɘqO.

Oct 11, 2013 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
As long as people care for each other, and wont be hurting the said person. Then i would not give a damn if it was incest or not. People choose who they want to live with and how, if they are happy together then let it be..
Ka-pe / Roo-ra
Nov 4, 2015 10:57 PM

Nov 2014
No.

Dec 12, 2015 11:52 PM
Dec 2014
I wonder of all the people that say stuff like "eww or disgusting". Why are you even posting here or even watch the anime that blatantly has incentious tones in its summary?

Anyway back on topic: Like someone else said, I just wouldnt really care and If it were people I know then I would say do what you want.
Dec 18, 2015 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
A tough one.

I support them emotionally (like, they are obviously in love, they suffer, they deserve to find their way to be happy), but I can't bring myself to ignore my own morals and preconceptions. I guess I can come to see this as something natural in the end, but it would strike me as the contrary the same way it did to Chidori in the series. At the very least, it would be difficult to digest, maybe it would take me long to accept.

And I seriously believe that this is one of the greatest qualities this show has. It tells a love story that feels authentic, but at the same time brings a scenario that is so outlandish that I can't picture myself understanding it as a whole, or supporting without hesitation.
May 30, 2016 11:36 AM
Mar 2016
Well, I believe that such kinds of tabooed marriages should be prohibited in legal terms. It's because a law should act in a way to benefit the entire society, while incest or homosexual loves may yield a genetic disease or improper growing conditions for children.
But besides that, one does NOT have any right to judge the other's love, unless that love practically harms the third party. The society may limit the legal rights of such couples, but it should not control the inborn rights of mankind to love and to be loved by each other. So basically it's not my business if I don't know them, and I'll support them if they're my friends. And since I feel strong sympathy toward the two anime characters, my answer will be YES in this case :)
Aug 26, 2016 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
I absolutely don't support them. Aside the fact that I find incest relationships wrong, the "romance" between them was just too forced. MC's work buddies always make jokes about him and her sister being together, MC enjoys himself with her sister's underwear (Because he's being traumatized(!)) and after 6th episode, Nanoka thinks that he's in love with her brother. I'm sorry, but this kind of scenario don't work, even in real world. It's totally bullcrap. Not to mention that sick pervert was 12 years older than the girl. The anime not just emphatizes incest relationship, but also pedophile. I can't understand how did you guys find this anime beautiful and moving.
I watched this anime, not because I like this kind of stuff, but because I have a bad habit: I can't drop an anime that I started to watch. I wasn't aware that this anime was about an incest relationship.
removed-userAug 28, 2016 1:22 AM
Mar 5, 2017 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
Ecciel said:
I absolutely don't support them. Aside the fact that I find incest relationships wrong, the "romance" between them was just too forced. MC's work buddies always make jokes about him and her sister being together, MC enjoys himself with her sister's underwear (Because he's being traumatized(!)) and after 6th episode, Nanoka thinks that he's in love with her brother. I'm sorry, but this kind of scenario don't work, even in real world. It's totally bullcrap. Not to mention that sick pervert was 12 years older than the girl. The anime not just empathizes incest relationship, but also pedophile. I can't understand how did you guys find this anime beautiful and moving.
I watched this anime, not because I like this kind of stuff, but because I have a bad habit: I can't drop an anime that I started to watch. I wasn't aware that this anime was about an incest relationship.

(SPOILERS AHEAD)
I think all the scenarios you talked about is what makes the show such a masterpiece. It pulls you in with the romantic tension, but puts all those obstacles in the way to mess with your feelings. It makes you want them to be together, but by having Nanoka be 12 years younger than Koshiro, and adding the label of siblings, it causes a battle between your heart and your head.

I had to take some time to warm up to the relationship. In episode 1, I took it as Koshiro is depressed and wanted to spend some time with a highschool girl, and it seems that Nanoka thinks of this first date very innocently. It does build romantic tension though, and that stuff doesn't just go away, even when you find out that you're related to the person you just went on a date with.

It took me until a couple episodes after Nanoka developed feelings for Koshiro to be in support of them, and even after that there were still a lot of problems with the relationship. I understand a lot of what Chidori said. You do even wonder after episode 12, what now? They aren't just gonna be happily ever after like in most romances. Wherever they would go, they would be shunned and people would be out to put a stop to them. If not for them being siblings, then for the age difference. They can hide that they're siblings, but they can't hide their age. They knew this, and that's why they were thinking of killing themselves in episode 13. They thought if they couldn't be together in the real world, then they could end their lives together, and even though they'd be dead, they saw it as better to be dead and together, than alive and apart. This is one thing that really convinced me of their love for each other.

In the end they didn't, cause Koshiro didn't want to cut Nanoka's life short. Instead they face their uncertain future, which will certainly be full of hardships, but they're gonna give it a shot for each other. They know they'll be shunned, and do it anyway. This is showcased in the scene where they're throwing mud at each other and laughing. Everyone looks at them, but they just ignore that and keep on having fun. I kinda wish there was a sequel, cause these incest storylines never talk about what happens after they decide to be together. The thing is, there are still a lot of legitimate problems for their relationship besides society accepting them. Koshiro has 12 years of life experience that Nanoka doesn't, and since she's still a teen, he's basically going to have to raise her. Could they keep up that kind of relationship? It would also be interesting to see them deal with the regular problems that regular couples have to deal with. Jobs, money and such. I would especially like to see a scenario where Nanoka wants to have a kid with Koshiro, but they are unsure of what to do cause of all the problems with genetics, and them raising a kid together would bring a lot of attention to them, which could cause a chain of events that could separate them in the end. Take all these normal couple things, and then apply them to Koshiro and Nanoka and you've got a rather interesting story. The closest thing I've seen to this is Candy Boy, which cut through all the siblings accepting the relationship, and more just showed the relationship. Even so, nothing has really dealt with the aftermath of a story like Koi Kaze yet.

Hear that Motoi Yoshida? Koi Kaze 2 would be super interesting and you should write it.

Anyways, it took awhile, but in the end I supported Koshiro and Nanoka, though there are still many problems they're gonna have to face.
Mar 6, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Sorry, but I don't know if I'm that emotionless, or this plot is REALLY that disgusting, but I felt neither empathy towards those two, nor any "romantic tension."
Aside the fact that they're siblings, the age difference between those two is ridiculous and I myself can't see anything beautiful in their relationship.
First, the big bro pushes himself on her. Then, after 6 episodes of thinking, he changes his mind. After that, while having almost zero character development, Nanoka starts to feel something different towards her big bro. The sudden change in Nanoka made the plot even worse.
So, you say that theme of incest and pedophil-- I mean, "romance despite hardship and struggle" makes this show a masterpiece? Well, it's your opinion, but I've hated every episode of this anime.
Mar 6, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Ecciel said:
Sorry, but I don't know if I'm that emotionless, or this plot is REALLY that disgusting, but I felt neither empathy towards those two, nor any "romantic tension."
Aside the fact that they're siblings, the age difference between those two is ridiculous and I myself can't see anything beautiful in their relationship.
First, the big bro pushes himself on her. Then, after 6 episodes of thinking, he changes his mind. After that, while having almost zero character development, Nanoka starts to feel something different towards her big bro. The sudden change in Nanoka made the plot even worse.
So, you say that theme of incest and pedophil-- I mean, "romance despite hardship and struggle" makes this show a masterpiece? Well, it's your opinion, but I've hated every episode of this anime.

(SPOILERS AHEAD)
I wouldn't say that Koshiro changed his mind, I'd say that he tried to repress his feelings for Nanoka's sake. He was getting the message that Nanoka wasn't interested, and took action to stop himself as not to hurt her. This is why it was so bad for him when in episode 9 he learned Nanoka was interested. After spending all that time just to get over his feelings, he was suddenly thrown back into them.

I do agree with you that Nanoka kinda just gets feelings for Koshiro without much reason for it. It doesn't bother me too much though. I mean, if you think about it, most loves do just kinda start out of nowhere. You can be friends with a person, and then suddenly you can think romantically about them, cause as your feelings for a person develop they can go in a multitude of directions, either staying friends or something more. So in that case, why can't it happen with siblings? Especially in Koi Kaze's case, Nanoka had only known Koshiro for a little while before developing feelings in episode 6. And they didn't just pop up either. Their first meeting with each other was basically a date, so maybe cause of that she started thinking and before she knew it she was questioning her feelings for him.

And they only just start at episode 6. In episode 6, it's an involuntary feeling. She had never really been that psychically close to Koshiro until that moment, and when she was she just felt that way most likely because of their confusing first meeting.

Even after that, her feelings aren't dead set. It takes all the way up to episode 9 for her actually to be sure about her feelings enough to take action on them. The more I think about it, the more I think the anime did a good job at developing their feelings.

And I think I mentioned, I didn't support Koshiro and Nanoka for a long time. Once Koshiro moved on from Nanoka, I was in support of him not taking any action. It was when Nanoka confessed to Koshiro in episode 9 that I thought that they truly loved each other. But even then, I was still not sure whether or not they should be together, cause Chidori was right about a lot of stuff, and it wasn't going to be easy or necessarily healthy for either of them. In the end though, the show obviously showed that they were both depressed without each other. Maybe they would have moved on with it, maybe they would have killed themselves. I would suspect Koshiro to be more inclined to suicide than Nanoka, but I wouldn't put it past her either, seeing that she is probably emotionally unstable, just being "Okay" with killing herself in the last episode. I could see either scenario pan out, but I'm almost sure Koshiro would have drowned himself or something.

I will take back the thing I said about it being a masterpiece. It's one of my favorite series, but thinking about it I wouldn't necessarily call it a masterpiece. Sorry for the misspeak. This is also a really good conversation by the way, thanks for talking. I like being able to compare views with other people.
Mar 6, 2017 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
mapperky said:

I do agree with you that Nanoka kinda just gets feelings for Koshiro without much reason for it. It doesn't bother me too much though. I mean, if you think about it, most loves do just kinda start out of nowhere. You can be friends with a person, and then suddenly you can think romantically about them, cause as your feelings for a person develop they can go in a multitude of directions, either staying friends or something more. So in that case, why can't it happen with siblings? Especially in Koi Kaze's case, Nanoka had only known Koshiro for a little while before developing feelings in episode 6. And they didn't just pop up either. Their first meeting with each other was basically a date, so maybe cause of that she started thinking and before she knew it she was questioning her feelings for him.

And they only just start at episode 6. In episode 6, it's an involuntary feeling. She had never really been that psychically close to Koshiro until that moment, and when she was she just felt that way most likely because of their confusing first meeting.

Even after that, her feelings aren't dead set. It takes all the way up to episode 9 for her actually to be sure about her feelings enough to take action on them. The more I think about it, the more I think the anime did a good job at developing their feelings.

And I think I mentioned, I didn't support Koshiro and Nanoka for a long time. Once Koshiro moved on from Nanoka, I was in support of him not taking any action. It was when Nanoka confessed to Koshiro in episode 9 that I thought that they truly loved each other. But even then, I was still not sure whether or not they should be together, cause Chidori was right about a lot of stuff, and it wasn't going to be easy or necessarily healthy for either of them. In the end though, the show obviously showed that they were both depressed without each other. Maybe they would have moved on with it, maybe they would have killed themselves. I would suspect Koshiro to be more inclined to suicide than Nanoka, but I wouldn't put it past her either, seeing that she is probably emotionally unstable, just being "Okay" with killing herself in the last episode. I could see either scenario pan out, but I'm almost sure Koshiro would have drowned himself or something.

Hmm... You might be right about that the first episode was like a date. Yes, now that I think about it, it might be the thing that ignited everything. But since the anime rarily shows things in Nanoka's perspective, it's hard to determine how her feelings started to develop (if any, because the anime made me confused on that part). Then again, I'm still thinking that both of them should've locked away their feelings, if we're talking about a real-life scenario, since most of the people claim that it's one of the most realistic romance scenarios. But if it'd turn out that way, it wouldn't be the Koi Kaze people know, so it can't be helped I guess.

mapperky said:

I will take back the thing I said about it being a masterpiece. It's one of my favorite series, but thinking about it I wouldn't necessarily call it a masterpiece. Sorry for the misspeak. This is also a really good conversation by the way, thanks for talking. I like being able to compare views with other people.

I'm really sorry as well, for talking harsh. Call me hidebound, bigoted or emotionless, but I just can't bring myself to like especially incest romance. Beside the fact that I grew up learning all these things are bad, just thinking about the idea of being together as a couple with the people from your family is enough to disgust me. Again, sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm also sorry that I write short, compared to your comments. I just don't like to write that much and English isn't my native language.
I'm thankful for this opportunity as well.
Mar 6, 2017 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Ecciel said:
mapperky said:

Hmm... You might be right about that the first episode was like a date. Yes, now that I think about it, it might be the thing that ignited everything. But since the anime rarily shows things in Nanoka's perspective, it's hard to determine how her feelings started to develop (if any, because the anime made me confused on that part). Then again, I'm still thinking that both of them should've locked away their feelings, if we're talking about a real-life scenario, since most of the people claim that it's one of the most realistic romance scenarios. But if it'd turn out that way, it wouldn't be the Koi Kaze people know, so it can't be helped I guess.

mapperky said:

I'm really sorry as well, for talking harsh. Call me hidebound, bigoted or emotionless, but I just can't bring myself to like especially incest romance. Beside the fact that I grew up learning all these things are bad, just thinking about the idea of being together as a couple with the people from your family is enough to disgust me. Again, sorry if I offended you in any way. I'm also sorry that I write short, compared to your comments. I just don't like to write that much and English isn't my native language.
I'm thankful for this opportunity as well.

There's no need to be sorry. Like I said I've been having a really good time having this conversation with you. You're not bigoted or emotionless either, you just have a different perspective on this. It makes conversations especially good when the two people have different perspectives, and that way they can share their viewpoints and both of them can take something away from the conversation. Thanks for being such a good convo buddy.

I know what you mean about Nanoka not getting enough POV time. It would have been awesome to see things more from her perspective in additions to Koshiro's.

Also, thing thing you said about thinking they should lock away their feelings was interesting. But in a real life scenario, would this really work? I mean, some people are more talented at burying their feelings than others, and some can move on, but repression is almost always a bad idea. When you repress things, that's only keeping them down until they eventually explode later. And even if they didn't repress, but chose to live their lives apart regardless of feelings, could they really be happy? Knowing that they're not with the person they love, even though it would be so easy just to give satisfaction to both yourself and your partner. That's why in the series, Koshiro moved away. They both wanted to be with each other, they both knew they would be happy, but because of the complications, Koshiro couldn't bear to even be around Nanoka. He couldn't live beside her, because he knew he couldn't repress his feelings otherwise, and he knew that would lead to them being together which he feared so much, but also was the thing that he wanted most.

You can't just lock away your feelings. If Koshiro had continued on that path, he most likely would have killed himself. Imagine the person you love romantically, (If you don't have one, imagine you did) now imagine that you suddenly find out that you are in fact long lost siblings, blood related and everything. What would you do? Should you end the relationship and have both of you lose the person you love? To me, it would seem ridiculous to end something that special because of that. You were never raised as family, you were just two strangers who met on the street one day. In this case, does you two being relatives really matter? All it really is, is your DNA, so why lose the person you love over that?

Also, I understand the idea of being disgusted by being a couple with your family member. I would feel the same, but in the case of Koi Kaze, that wasn't the issue. Koshiro and Nanoka were never really family, only by blood. They never grew up together, (Except for when Nanoka was a baby) they never lived together past also past Nanoka's infanthood, so they weren't really family. There are people I'm not related to who I consider my family, and it works in reverse too. Think about putting yourself in the situation of them, what would you do?

The idea though, of two siblings being together who were raised together is a different question though. In this situation, things would probably be a lot more deeply rooted and psychological, rather than the person you happened to fall in love with, is guess who, surprise! Your sibling! In the case of growing up together, it's definitely possible, but it's a lot harder to relate to. But if these animes have taught me anything, love can and does sprout wherever you go, so if it happened to a friend of mine, I would be in support of it as long as it made them both happy and was a healthy relationship. When two childhood friends grow up together, and then end up with each other, there are a lot less eyebrow raises, even though it is essentially the same thing. Being family with somebody isn't anything to do with who you share blood with, it's about the people you trust and love the most, and the people who've effectively been as family members to you.

Sorry if I'm being too overbearing about this. I just find this conversation very interesting and like to compare views.
Jan 16, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2017
No, i wanted MC to either get with the boss or perish.
Jan 20, 2020 1:38 PM

Jun 2019
Yes, 110% and without any caveat or stipulation.

Nanoka is Koshiro's past, present, and future. It's the single best relationship I've ever seen portrayed on a screen - the seamless integration of familial and romantic/sexual attraction and love. And then the amplification and transfiguring of both to a new form of love with both those components that only a tiny minority of the human population will ever get to experience.

The love of an immediate family member melded with the love for one as a female - I'd argue he loves her in ways most could never love their sister, but also in ways in which one could never love their lover. It's the kind of love so limited to the few with the privilege to experience it and so unique that you want to water it, nourish it, shield it, and protect it like a flower.

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 12, 7:25 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kisami - Jan 25, 2009

183 by oyabuntaro »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:25 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.