Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 3, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2011
rofled at Asia's headaches. Im amazed that Issei that has that much power after such little training.
Mar 3, 2012 11:50 AM

May 2011
haha very nice ep ^^
so issei is starting to look like quite a promising opponent, that blast was just great!
i can never get enough of asia, she is my definition of win!
Mar 3, 2012 12:53 PM
Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
He's stereotyping every shounen he watches. Welp, can't blame a person whose username is after the epitome of Shounen Hax

No arguments there dude....Bleach IS the epitome of Shounen Hax.

However, it was also the VERY FIRST ANIME I WATCHED....and therefore it will always hold a special place for me.

LOL, the first girl you kiss is not going to be the Best or the prettiest.....but it's still special, I treat Bleach the same way.

Thankfully, I quickly learned that this type of anime was almost at the END of the "Food chain".

Truly a HORRIBLE way to tell a story by making shit up as you go along and then allowing the main character to win by the most illogical way possible.

I'm just glad this anime has so many hot bishoujo to distract me from paying attention the the ultra weak and uninteresting MC.

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but watching anime throughout all these years has made me into a huge critic.
ichig0fanMar 3, 2012 12:56 PM
Mar 3, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:
He's stereotyping every shounen he watches. Welp, can't blame a person whose username is after the epitome of Shounen Hax

However, it was also the VERY FIRST ANIME I WATCHED....and therefore it will always hold a special place for me.

LOL, the first girl you kiss is not going to be the Best or the prettiest.....but it's still special, I treat Bleach the same way.

Thankfully, I quickly learned that this type of anime was almost at the END of the "Food chain".

Truly a HORRIBLE way to tell a story by making shit up as you go along and then allowing the main character to win by the most illogical way possible.

I'm just glad this anime has so many hot bishoujo to distract me from paying attention the the ultra weak and uninteresting MC.

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but watching anime throughout all these years has made me into a huge critic.

I don't find bleach to be special either. Bleach is just as typical, if not more than this anime. Both ichigo and Issei "Increases their power" through hard work and perseverance. It's not all that interesting if you read or watch the same thing multiple times over. However, the "Increase in power" is what makes up a plot of a typical shounen anime; therefore makes it necessary.

For me, I like to see fans NOT focus on the "Power" but rather character and plot. An example would be Full metal Alchemist- most people don't watch it because of the main character's progress in power, but rather for the pure interest in everything that makes up a story.

I like to describe Highschool DXD was junk food anime - Very good to watch once, but you will get a stomach ache if you watch it over multiple times.
Mar 3, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
I love Rias so fucking much.

Anyways nice episode, lol @ Aisa trying to read the Bible XD
Mar 3, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2012
This series is pretty good. I mini-marathoned it(started today) to catch up. Its pretty good, though there is sometimes too much fanservice.

I'm getting freakin tired of watching Issei whine about how weak he is. Shut up bitch, we know that you're probaby gonna end up being one of the most powerful people on the show...

lol can't wait for the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
Good episode.

I do like Rias, and Issei is super funny.. I just don't like them together. >_<''

Eh. It's obvious that's going to happen though, so I'll just prepare for it I suppose.

I can't wait for the rating game!

Mar 4, 2012 3:39 AM

Apr 2011
Asia, is the most nicest and sweetest girl around.

Her reading the bible is so full of moe.
Mar 4, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
It's funny because in a show I usually prefer 1 girl but in this series I dont think you can miss.
Mar 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Well well. Issei is finally getting more confident and is learning to use his power. He may very well be the trump card in the battle to come!

Mar 4, 2012 12:48 PM

Aug 2011
Boostx12!
Mar 4, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
-Quasar said:
Cynic1 said:
ichigo03 said:
So, this is basically the problem with ALL shounen anime.

Why do they make the bad guys so damn powerful?

If the bad guys were on the same level or at least a bit more stronger, we wouldn't be bitching when they use Shounen Hax to beat them.

Now we find out that the Phoenix group is IMMORTAL...

LOL, OK....and since the "Good guys" ALWAYS WIN, there has to be some bullshit that will propel them to victory, and I'm guessing this bullshit will most likely be done by Issei who is the weakest and most idiotic member of the Gremory group.

YEP, this is why I can't take shounen seriously.

Thank God for Rias and all the Hot bishoujo in this anime, they are literally the only reason I watch.

I guess ur wrong about almost everything u ve wrote

You know, Issei should have think of something perverted after he boosted 12x. That might have blew the whole mountain.

Issei used boost 12 times then probably imagine the mountain as a giant boob and tried to grab a hold of it.
Mar 4, 2012 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
The fight in next episode, I hope it's a good one :P
Mar 4, 2012 6:17 PM

Dec 2007
Could not stop laughing when Issei was trying to see through the wall. Was expecting him to make it disappear. xD
Mar 6, 2012 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
TakenForce said:
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:

I don't find bleach to be special either. Bleach is just as typical, if not more than this anime. Both ichigo and Issei "Increases their power" through hard work and perseverance. It's not all that interesting if you read or watch the same thing multiple times over. However, the "Increase in power" is what makes up a plot of a typical shounen anime; therefore makes it necessary.

For me, I like to see fans NOT focus on the "Power" but rather character and plot. An example would be Full metal Alchemist- most people don't watch it because of the main character's progress in power, but rather for the pure interest in everything that makes up a story.

I like to describe Highschool DXD was junk food anime - Very good to watch once, but you will get a stomach ache if you watch it over multiple times.

You people need to stop over-analyzing and enjoy the boobs.
Mar 7, 2012 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
This was a good episode despite some stupid close up boobie shots.

The game should be good, can't wait :)

I lol'ed when I thought Kiba was sent flying by Issei's attack in the end xD

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 8, 2012 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
That was nice, Issei got way too strong after just training for 10 days though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 8, 2012 1:14 PM
Sep 2011
Great episode and Asia is still the cutest in this show! ♥
Mar 8, 2012 2:48 PM
Feb 2012
Issei's constant underestimating and debasing of his abilities and his lack of significant contribution is a little vexing.

I like the development though. Rias is actually falling for Issei. I cannot wait for episode 10.
Mar 10, 2012 9:04 AM
Oct 2010
wish rias would come on to me D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 13, 2012 10:40 PM

May 2011
I loved this episode. Hell yeah Rias and Issei's relationship is developing! Nice one harem king saying all the right things at just the perfect time. Ria's love for Issei is clearly growing. :d

Lol Asia is so cute, she just keeps on trying to read that bible. Koneko soo adorablee. Haha if you peek I'll hate you. Tbh that would make me keep away fo sho.

Issei is slowly but surely growing stronger, nicee. So he's at his best when he lets his imagination run wild.
Apr 6, 2012 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
Last part was awesome, kitchen part was hilarious XD
Apr 18, 2012 7:56 AM

May 2010
Issei's strength sure is weird,perverted strength~~
Jul 9, 2012 11:04 AM
Jul 2012
Wouw amazing episode,
he has a great power o:
Jul 22, 2012 6:59 AM

May 2012
Damn what power, was a great episode! Asia is as funny as ever and issei was just epic this episode :p
Jul 22, 2012 6:53 PM

Feb 2012
Well, loved that episode. Issei's got some crazy power.
May 12, 2013 12:30 PM
Mar 2013
Damn, I am so psyched for the rating game now, it should have some great action in it.
and not the sort that Issei wants to get either
Jun 12, 2013 8:46 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
I really like how sweet Rias is to Issei. The part where he was talking about Rias being known as the Princess of Ruins and that she's a genius and things, and then he talks about how compared with everyone else he's just a "good for nothing", Rias just gently caresses his head into her chest and then reassures Issei that all he needs is some self-confidence, and then he slowly starts to cry a little. I loved that part.
SHIT I didn't know how much fucking improvement Issei has made! At the ending when he used a concetrated magic attack, it took out a whole mountain. This Rating Game with Raiser is going to be fucking cool. yyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyyeyyeyyeyyeyyeyey

Jun 27, 2013 6:39 AM

Sep 2011
LOL... when Asia was trying to read the bible... so freaking cute!!
Jul 6, 2013 6:49 PM

May 2013
lindsayzzz said:
Paul said:
Issei's power in short. "The more horny your are, the stronger you'll be".

Bet his sure-kill attack is blowing away clothing off girls.

LMAO, that is win. Seriously though, it's fucking hilarious how Issei gets stronger the more horny he is. ROFL. Perverts would be insanely strong if that happened to them. xD

^This.

Was Grayfield talking to Sazex?

There are 72 Keys. Out of those, there's Gremory House, Sitri House, and Phenex House.

Lol at Asia reading the Bible.

Issei "confessed" to Rias, Rias is starting to like Issei; their relationship is developing!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jul 13, 2013 10:55 PM

Sep 2011
I can see they're going to win on the Rating Game given their enemies are 15 girls and Issei's "magical power". :D

Oct 25, 2013 2:23 PM
Nov 2011
well issei is close to super sayain lol
Jan 10, 2014 3:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It's rather rare to find a harem anime where the main guy not only does an unambiguous confession, but is comfortable with his own pervertdness and wears it as a badge of honour instead of denying it.

Asia trying to read the Bible was funny as hell.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
Wow

Feb 15, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2012
LOL @ Issei trying to perfect ripping off clothes, I had a feeling he'd get that idea once he started owning those onions. I hope he uses it on all 15 of Raizer's girls in the Rating Game, that'd be a win.
Feb 19, 2014 2:42 AM
May 2012
Re-watching
Rias is falling in love with Issei <3
Rias with eyeglasses *o*
Issei is aweseome, he is honest with his feelings, especially his perverted feelings ahahaha.
The talk between Issei and Rias was so sweet :3
Show them that delicious special move, Issei!!!
Aug 15, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2014
"Name one thing I'm better at than other people."
"You are a pervert."
Koneko is the best. =))

That was a strong cero. :D

So there are only 3 noble families left? I really wanted to be more. That would've made it more interesting.
Aug 15, 2014 8:30 AM

Mar 2013
Hibiki07 said:
"Name one thing I'm better at than other people."
"You are a pervert."
Koneko is the best. =))

That was a strong cero. :D

So there are only 3 noble families left? I really wanted to be more. That would've made it more interesting.

There where 72 pillar families out of those 34 remain.

Nov 30, 2014 11:17 AM

Nov 2009
Using Explosion on that mountain sure took a chomp out of it haha, Seems like Issei is getting much stronger now and probably more than what the character himself believes.
Dec 4, 2014 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
Paul said:
Issei's power in short. "The more horny your are, the stronger you'll be".

Bet his sure-kill attack is blowing away clothing off girls.

Best power ever ^^. Funny moments during Issei's training.
Nice to see some development between him and Rias.

Dat Koneko :3 .
Dec 9, 2014 6:35 PM
Oct 2011
Yvese said:
Haha, I guess it's no surprise Issei excels with his power when he's thinking perverted thoughts. That's just like him!

In that case, the games shouldn't be much trouble for him since they're all girls and his special attack most definitely strips them of clothes.
Minor Spoiler but it is so overpowered that
Jan 13, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
I'm so in love with this anime, it's not even fun.

Every character is perfect, I haven't found a single character i dislike beside phoenix gu but you're supposed to hate him either way.

Holy hell, Rias is so damn nice too. The thing i'd do to have her as my senpai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2015 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Rias has totally fallen for him :3
Mar 18, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
Oh oh, Issei can be romantic too, without even knowing it. Look how you makes Rias all cutey :3

Hehee, Issei acquired a power only useful to a pervert, and critical to a shy maiden. Get'em naked, boy!
Oh, he also acquired that useless power of destroying montains and shit, not that it matter... when you can blow up girl clothes!

Akeno is a great onee-chan. I would be really worried if she wasn't on my side though. She have some really creepy stares, the stares of a sadist yandere. In short, don't mess with her mistress pet.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 19, 2015 9:08 AM

Feb 2013
Issei finally figured out how to charge his Hi-Ero particles.

Seriously, that slime would have been the perfect familiar for him.
Oct 28, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2012
Best episode so far , he nuked the mountain

Nov 5, 2015 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
Judging from all the episodes so far, there's not one thing in an episode of High School DxD that you can specifically focus on so I'll just say that Issei's Sacred Gear alone made this a 5/5. A lot of other good stuff too
Oct 25, 2016 9:53 PM
Dec 2015
Interesting episode. Was awesome to hear the backstory to the game they are preparing for as well as see how far Issei has come. I just wish that this anime was better at understanding about when to use ecchi and when not to. During the night scene when Rias was being serious, the ecchi scene was offputting and took away from the scene. I am enjoying this anime a lot more than I thought I would though.
Jan 15, 2017 4:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful power, you think in boobs and you do "mahou" xD Great Issei!!!!
May 5, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2016
I'm always up for some training sessions and info dumps. Then we got a nice Issei x Rias moment and Issei's new technique. So considering all that, really good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.