Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2012 8:40 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Neko girl can carry so large thing! 10 days of training begins.

The guy is behind as usual. And his "concentration" / source of power is weird.

Another fanservice with girls taking onsen, and like neko girl says, he wants to watch girls' nudity for his power. lol~

So he got altimate skill from his skill that got help from borrowing of the sister's cloth.

The history of why rating game is born... so the 3 loyals were the many demon family alive. And Sister cannot read bible anymore.

The enemy (Phoenix) is strong, so sempai girl is trying to do the plan. She knows that he and her family pushed the game because they knew she would lose to get her married.

She's going to win from the power she got from her family and herself. She's also giving him the confidence because he understood that he's the weakest from the training, by letting him practice "boosting" the sacred gear (so got stronger from the training).

She's also feeling something from his confession.

Rating game next ep.?
tsubasaloverMar 1, 2012 8:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2012 8:53 PM

Nov 2008
I loled at Asia spasming out when reading the bible, FYI girl, you can't read that as a demon, the bible is evil and poison to demons.

I so want Issei's Mind Peeling ability, with my overactive libido, it would make cooking easier since I do peel onions and potatoes to use in my dishes. Issei using ecchi for power seems to work.

Onsen service was nice with Toujou in her entirety.

Toujou just outcarrying the guys lol

The rating game is going to be interesting, the historical overview of the game was nice.

Issei's attack is awesome and did a number on the mountain and part of the valley

Mar 2, 2012 1:00 AM

Dec 2007
the power of christ compels you asia
Mar 2, 2012 1:40 AM
Apr 2011
This guy
Mar 2, 2012 3:23 AM

Jul 2010
Nice fanservice of the girls in the onsen, including Koneko.

Issei's power level was over 9000 when he finally let a blast go through.
Mar 2, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2011
such a lovely episode! this one actually had some really touching moments (especially the night scene w/prez. and issei - was really cool to see issei finally gain some confidence in his abilities - as usual, amazing level of sexiness, especially koneko.........
octal9Mar 2, 2012 3:57 AM
Mar 2, 2012 3:56 AM

Apr 2010
Quite enjoyed this episode. Rias is developing a crush on Issei after his 'confession' to her. Asia as always was gorgeous. Great blast by Issei with the boosted gear's 'explosion' spell.

5/5
Mar 2, 2012 4:08 AM

May 2011
Looks like Rias is in love with Issei after that confession.
Can't wait next ep.
Mar 2, 2012 4:44 AM

Aug 2010
Issei has so awesome visualization skills.
Mar 2, 2012 5:10 AM

Oct 2010
I got to admit that this episode was most inventive in its ecchi. They manage to associate food and body parts. Well lust and food do go together so it was kind of a given but what was not is how it played out. Comedically that is. Issei is just ROFL at how pathetic it’s amazing. People that bitch at him should laugh at how pathetic he really is. In fact so pathetic that STARGAZER gave unto to his rescue with sheer immense powers. Of course Issei is the one with BIG ’O’ beam that can vaporize anything in its path in this series. That’s too bad cause I don’t see him using it right for at least some time.

Got to admit in the following,

It was kind of yummy to see angles killing demons. While I admit in the following spoiler
I long to see a battle like that. I mean c’mon now Demons VS Demons gets boring after some time. We need White Angels around. This will be fun to see. Regardless Rias’s story was interesting since it had more details.

Now for the following,

OH YES! Plot moving and a dark one at that. Nice setup and atmosphere. You can almost taste the higher ups of hell in that part.

Suffice to say many Koneko fans got their fan service justice and among it other than the breasts must be close up V shots!

However let’s not forget to congratulate Issei in his development with Rias at the end, he was good emotionally expressing wise.

Finally who though Rias looked for a minute like Ichika from Ano Natsu de Matteru with her glasses? She looked like her just a little. I don’t know that is what I felt and wonder if someone did too.

Now I am waiting for Phenix VS Issei. GAMES ON! Fan service wise and character interactions along with revealings were fine in this episode no problem.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 2, 2012 5:50 AM

May 2011
Wait. That shot felt so iron-man like.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 2, 2012 6:00 AM

Apr 2008
With a dash of Dragonball
Mar 2, 2012 7:32 AM
Feb 2012
Guys, is it just me or was the timing of the seiyuu rather off at two occasions? The same happened in the last episode and I can't quite tell if it's due to Hadena subs or the episode itself...

Awesome episode by the way.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 2, 2012 8:14 AM
Dec 2010
This series blows my mind about the ecchi genre
Mar 2, 2012 8:40 AM
Dec 2011
Seriously like this series! If the close-up titty shots were reduced, more people would enjoy it.
It's like "Freezing", the series wasn't bad but the over-use of ecchi scenes causes it to drop a point or two on a lot of people's lists.
Mar 2, 2012 8:44 AM

Nov 2009
Series never fails to impress me. It goes to show that having a show with lots of uncensored ecchi doesnt detract from it at all. I really enjoyed this as usual, nice to see some lovely Koneko service as well...she really is unbearably moe.

However I am never satisfied...

NEEDS MOAR KONEKO !! <3! lol
Mar 2, 2012 9:00 AM
Dec 2011
BTW I just downloaded the SubDesu release to compare and Issei's conversation with Rias at night was a bit different... he didn't use words that were quite as strong.
Mar 2, 2012 10:05 AM
Feb 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Guys, is it just me or was the timing of the seiyuu rather off at two occasions? The same happened in the last episode and I can't quite tell if it's due to Hadena subs or the episode itself...

Awesome episode by the way.

Nobody? It's quite obvious in the episode assuming I'm not the only one. :s

@ProBoner: The "I love you" version seems more likely from what I've heard in the episode.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 2, 2012 10:30 AM

Jan 2008
Issei's power in short. "The more horny your are, the stronger you'll be".

Bet his sure-kill attack is blowing away clothing off girls.
Mar 2, 2012 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Good training episode :)

Issei is actually getting strong, when he's horny :L

Him fighting those girls Raiser has won't be a problem for him now ;)

Nice overview of the rating game as well.

Next episode looks like it's all going to kick off.
Mar 2, 2012 12:22 PM
Jan 2011
Elite60 said:
Nice fanservice of the girls in the onsen, including Koneko.

Issei's power level was over 9000 when he finally let a blast go through.

Yeah, Issel actually has that power all along, he's just too stupid to use it.
Mar 2, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
Love the Issei and Rias moments. I lolled when koneko told Issei that his power was being perverted. Anyone else wonder what his ultimate death attack is because it looked different from his booster gear attack. Guess I have to wait a week to find out:(
Mar 2, 2012 1:57 PM
Feb 2012
Sliferlove said:
Love the Issei and Rias moments. I lolled when koneko told Issei that his power was being perverted. Anyone else wonder what his ultimate death attack is because it looked different from his booster gear attack. Guess I have to wait a week to find out:(

It will most likely be something like 'Ultimate Move - Giga Clothing Breaker'
Mar 2, 2012 2:14 PM

Nov 2009
Rias is a strong character, my favorite, and i can't believe i found a female who is not irritating me and is developed well, more or less.
Mar 2, 2012 2:40 PM

Dec 2011
Asia reading the bible was pure win.
Mar 2, 2012 3:57 PM

Dec 2011
Vandesdelca said:
Quite enjoyed this episode. Rias is developing a crush on Issei after his 'confession' to her. Asia as always was gorgeous. Great blast by Issei with the boosted gear's 'explosion' spell.

5/5

this ^^

gotta add, love the fanservice :)
Mar 2, 2012 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
Haha, I guess it's no surprise Issei excels with his power when he's thinking perverted thoughts. That's just like him!

In that case, the games shouldn't be much trouble for him since they're all girls and his special attack most definitely strips them of clothes.
Mar 2, 2012 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
I liked it alot!
Issei Has hidden potential
Cant wait for more ep. Its going 2 be epic :D
Mar 2, 2012 4:41 PM

Oct 2010
bakuramariks said:
Rias is a strong character, my favorite, and i can't believe i found a female who is not irritating me and is developed well, more or less.
I noticed that too. She ain't flaky like loads of other demon girls, I would say not soft like the MC girl in Omamori Himari.

Also Rias's breasts with SFX and the nipples design are hard to beat less you include hentai in all of that. TBH they make me as a male, not even wanting to know anything of demons on average, just begging to suck them, grab them and do loads of stuff with them. Suffice to say that a strong character with a strong attracting body for lust is indeed hard to come by in animes. Intensity wise. I am not even sure if I am the only ones like that.
Yumekichi11Mar 2, 2012 8:25 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 2, 2012 6:08 PM
Jun 2008
so training ep ok then give big lmao all those potato & food so cut quickly keep imagine all the doobi yea you can do imagine being a perv yea issei keep thinking doobi it works.

lmao koneko big bag, asia read the bible but big OW, etc like issei trying see walls to peek on female tub.

yet plot hmm from history of devil vs angel vs fallen angel, rating games, etc.

wonder what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Mar 2, 2012 8:16 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:
Issei's power in short. "The more horny your are, the stronger you'll be".

Bet his sure-kill attack is blowing away clothing off girls.

LMAO, that is win. Seriously though, it's fucking hilarious how Issei gets stronger the more horny he is. ROFL. Perverts would be insanely strong if that happened to them. xD

Anyhow I enjoyed this episode a lot. That Rias and Issei moment was so nice. They sure make a good pair. :D But the fanservice again was a bit too much for me. Ah well, what am I gonna expect from an ecchi Anime. xD

Looking forward to the next episode, rating game let's go!
3 more episodes left. Dang, needs moar 2nd Season planned :D
Mar 2, 2012 10:56 PM

May 2010
Woah Issei is doing kamehameha hahaha and the bath scene is really awesome
Mar 2, 2012 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
YEX said:
Woah Issei is doing kamehameha hahaha and the bath scene is really awesome

It would have been better if Issei somehow broke the wall.
Mar 3, 2012 12:05 AM
Aug 2010
So, this is basically the problem with ALL shounen anime.

Why do they make the bad guys so damn powerful?

If the bad guys were on the same level or at least a bit more stronger, we wouldn't be bitching when they use Shounen Hax to beat them.

Now we find out that the Phoenix group is IMMORTAL...

LOL, OK....and since the "Good guys" ALWAYS WIN, there has to be some bullshit that will propel them to victory, and I'm guessing this bullshit will most likely be done by Issei who is the weakest and most idiotic member of the Gremory group.

YEP, this is why I can't take shounen seriously.

Thank God for Rias and all the Hot bishoujo in this anime, they are literally the only reason I watch.
Mar 3, 2012 12:33 AM
Mar 2012
anyone know the violin piece played near the ending of the episode? ty :x
Mar 3, 2012 1:13 AM

Apr 2011
Issei didn't know he confessed to Rias that night and obvious of her growing feelings.

Looking forward to see Issei's secret weapon
MagitoMar 3, 2012 1:19 AM
Mar 3, 2012 1:59 AM
Sep 2010
This probably my favorite ecchi/harem anime of all time. It has at least a coherent story line, somewhat interesting characters and well attractive girls. Other previous ones like R-15 and Maken-ki are total crap compared to this one. Would be nice to have a 2nd season if this one ends well.
Mar 3, 2012 7:35 AM

Dec 2011
nice episode... Issei is so powerful... if only he wasn't so dumb
Mar 3, 2012 7:37 AM

Feb 2012
ichigo03 said:

If the bad guys were on the same level or at least a bit more stronger, we wouldn't be bitching when they use Shounen Hax to beat them.

LOL, OK....and since the "Good guys" ALWAYS WIN, there has to be some bullshit that will propel them to victory, and I'm guessing this bullshit will most likely be done by Issei who is the weakest and most idiotic member of the Gremory group.

Thank God for Rias and all the Hot bishoujo in this anime, they are literally the only reason I watch.

I guess ur wrong about almost everything u ve wrote
Mar 3, 2012 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
Cynic1 said:
ichigo03 said:

I guess ur wrong about almost everything u ve wrote

He's stereotyping every shounen he watches. Welp, can't blame a person whose username is after the epitome of Shounen Hax

You know, Issei should have think of something perverted after he boosted 12x. That might have blew the whole mountain.
Mar 3, 2012 8:14 AM

Dec 2011
rofled at Asia's headaches. Im amazed that Issei that has that much power after such little training.
Mar 3, 2012 11:50 AM

May 2011
haha very nice ep ^^
so issei is starting to look like quite a promising opponent, that blast was just great!
i can never get enough of asia, she is my definition of win!
Mar 3, 2012 12:53 PM
Aug 2010
-Quasar said:
He's stereotyping every shounen he watches. Welp, can't blame a person whose username is after the epitome of Shounen Hax

No arguments there dude....Bleach IS the epitome of Shounen Hax.

However, it was also the VERY FIRST ANIME I WATCHED....and therefore it will always hold a special place for me.

LOL, the first girl you kiss is not going to be the Best or the prettiest.....but it's still special, I treat Bleach the same way.

Thankfully, I quickly learned that this type of anime was almost at the END of the "Food chain".

Truly a HORRIBLE way to tell a story by making shit up as you go along and then allowing the main character to win by the most illogical way possible.

I'm just glad this anime has so many hot bishoujo to distract me from paying attention the the ultra weak and uninteresting MC.

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but watching anime throughout all these years has made me into a huge critic.
ichig0fanMar 3, 2012 12:56 PM
Mar 3, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
ichigo03 said:
-Quasar said:

No arguments there dude....Bleach IS the epitome of Shounen Hax.

However, it was also the VERY FIRST ANIME I WATCHED....and therefore it will always hold a special place for me.

LOL, the first girl you kiss is not going to be the Best or the prettiest.....but it's still special, I treat Bleach the same way.

Thankfully, I quickly learned that this type of anime was almost at the END of the "Food chain".

Truly a HORRIBLE way to tell a story by making shit up as you go along and then allowing the main character to win by the most illogical way possible.

I'm just glad this anime has so many hot bishoujo to distract me from paying attention the the ultra weak and uninteresting MC.

Sorry if I sound so cynical, but watching anime throughout all these years has made me into a huge critic.

I don't find bleach to be special either. Bleach is just as typical, if not more than this anime. Both ichigo and Issei "Increases their power" through hard work and perseverance. It's not all that interesting if you read or watch the same thing multiple times over. However, the "Increase in power" is what makes up a plot of a typical shounen anime; therefore makes it necessary.

For me, I like to see fans NOT focus on the "Power" but rather character and plot. An example would be Full metal Alchemist- most people don't watch it because of the main character's progress in power, but rather for the pure interest in everything that makes up a story.

I like to describe Highschool DXD was junk food anime - Very good to watch once, but you will get a stomach ache if you watch it over multiple times.
Mar 3, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2010
I love Rias so fucking much.

Anyways nice episode, lol @ Aisa trying to read the Bible XD
Mar 3, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2012
This series is pretty good. I mini-marathoned it(started today) to catch up. Its pretty good, though there is sometimes too much fanservice.

I'm getting freakin tired of watching Issei whine about how weak he is. Shut up bitch, we know that you're probaby gonna end up being one of the most powerful people on the show...

lol can't wait for the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
Good episode.

I do like Rias, and Issei is super funny.. I just don't like them together. >_<''

Eh. It's obvious that's going to happen though, so I'll just prepare for it I suppose.

I can't wait for the rating game!

Mar 4, 2012 3:39 AM

Apr 2011
Asia, is the most nicest and sweetest girl around.

Her reading the bible is so full of moe.
Mar 4, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2012
It's funny because in a show I usually prefer 1 girl but in this series I dont think you can miss.
Mar 4, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Well well. Issei is finally getting more confident and is learning to use his power. He may very well be the trump card in the battle to come!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.