Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jul 11, 2013 4:45 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like things are getting a little bit back to normal but I don't see a happy ending
Jul 29, 2013 8:05 AM

May 2013
God mode Shu is back! They're gonna pull a Lelouch ending from the looks of things. Inori looked really hot in this episode too, even though there were only a few clips.
Aug 30, 2013 1:50 PM
May 2013
Boba_Fett said:
Fuck that was epic especially that ending! Fuck yea Shu's back in action and he's better than ever!

The King is back!

Arisa totally wants the "D" from Gai, too bad he is just a ghost of the man he was.
Sep 12, 2013 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
thatguy said:
Damn Ogumo was a bro. At least they explained that wasn't really Shu's mom. So that means Maya is not his sister biologically...so much for crazy incest. Scarface was a good villain glad he died though (he killed Ogumo!).

OGUMO! wow, I really almost teared up on that one. Luckily I think he will be the last one to go, before the main characters.

OK, GC, you made me eat my words....
-Haruka didn't kill herself with the gun sitting outside her shower, and instead she became awesome as hell.
-Shu is UBER badass, and there is nothing that I can think of to make him more so...
-Inori may just stay Inori

So I need a better kiss and Gai to realize himself...

Shit, am I gonna have to give this a 10? I really don't think it deserves it...
Oct 6, 2013 10:17 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
There was no way, Shu would be defeated that easily by Gai. Gai was beat up badly before he died, yet he didn't back down, and he went to save Shu a couple episodes back. This time, Shu is fighting for a cause, save the earth from Gai. Shu's change in character IMO is bumping my overall score for now to a 6 from a 4. Enjoyment is pretty good, and now with Shu getting his power back we are set to see the final battle Gai vs Shu. Let's see if Shu can pull a win or if his health will be his downfall. Intense I should say.

Oct 7, 2013 11:52 AM

Jun 2013
Aww, Segai was like the only character I liked. :/
Oct 19, 2013 3:54 AM

Dec 2012
The hand of God.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Nov 18, 2013 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
RIP Ogumo, you'll be missed, thanks for protecting Shu's hot mom. And Segai, he was awesome and enjoying his final moment.

Finally the fallen king returned and took back the guilty crown.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 13, 2013 11:25 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like Shu finally woke up to what needed to be done. Love the opening n ending for both parts so far I wonder if there is more.
Dec 23, 2013 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
Sry Gai, ur fucked
Mar 4, 2014 11:47 PM

Nov 2013
Dammit. I wanted Ayase to go Super Saiyan.

Jul 4, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
lmao das so random xD
He was supposed to die
And who is that purple haired guy with unpaired eyes anyways lol
Aug 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2010
lol this really is a melting "plot" so guy used to be an African child soldier ... yeah this totally doesn't give me jormungand vibes at all.
long story short guy was the dopest child soldier in Africa and that glasses dude said "hey you're really good at killing people for a kid, let me make you a king."
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Nov 4, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2009
MC-kun aka ScarfyMcCoolScarf got a shiny new crystal arm.

WHAT A TWIST! THE GENOME, INSTEAD OF KILLING HIM, MADE HIM EVEN STRONGER THAN BEFORE!
Dec 12, 2014 9:36 AM

Apr 2014
fucking finally shu decides to be a man.
Apr 26, 2015 1:23 PM
Feb 2015
Well we got more background info with shu and his "mother".
Good thing shu is becoming a better MC now... But I have a feeling he is going to die in the end because of how he takes everyone's weakness and all that..

Good thing that evil guy is dead... I dispised him soo much...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Nov 4, 2015 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
Yzori said:
Shu is really awesome in this episode. When he gains his new arm he looks totally badass.

lol totally badass
Dec 29, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2009
Haruka was really important in the end, thanks to the void virus she was hiding...
After being pathetic, then trying to learn from guy, to asshole to pity, now Shu decided to be cool...but I don't care, I hope he dies...
Jan 1, 2016 7:21 PM

Oct 2015
I have a feeling the ending will piss me off.
Mar 25, 2016 4:31 PM

Aug 2014
All the characters I like keep dying and the ones I don't are still alive smh...Segai you will be missed, you glorious bastard

Thank god Ayase didn't get the void genome.

I'm not gonna lie, Shu was mighty impressive in this episode.
Dec 5, 2016 6:11 PM

Jun 2016
Shu got a new power - that is to absorb cancer ;-;
Mar 10, 2017 6:25 AM

Dec 2014
well shu got his powers back..obviously....
Mar 11, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
Dam and Rip Ogumo. From now on, Im gonna make sure to not grow even more attached to the characters just in case they die. That was pretty badass as Shu killed Hisoka...I mean Segai.
Jun 29, 2017 11:55 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Segai was really annoying for me. Thank goodness I don't have to see any more of his delusional rants.

And yay...Shu is cool again.

And btw, what's the point of spreading the virus around the world lol?

Now I'm waiting for Daryl to die, but it probably won't happen because he needs to be with Tsugumi...

Btw, was anyone thinking of "Trace On?"
Aug 6, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2017
Really intense episode!

Finally Shu has built up some Guts to fight. Even if Ayase would have deserved it too. She just wants to have legs, dude....

Awesome episode. But im a little bit afraid that (just maybe) Inori will sacrifice herself to cure him and the whole city...

Aug 8, 2017 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
Great great episode, the ending felt epic.
I actuallly thought Shu would take "Scarface's" Void aswell but instead he cut his life.

Final few episodes should be great.
Jan 3, 2018 9:23 AM

Aug 2017
This episode is great even the background score is awesome. Finally Shu is badass.
Apr 8, 2018 2:24 AM

Nov 2017
Shu regaining the power was pretty damn dope, and how he ended Segai was cool. Story moving in pretty quick but pretty strong, not sure why show gets so much hate
Sep 27, 2019 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
The writing was so horrendous in this episode, I don't even know where to start. Apart from characters just getting dumber and dumber so other characters seem smart and things not getting explained like that eye from the dude who died in the end or why Gai is back, my biggest problems is the sudden appearing of characters. No matter where you hide, your enemy will just magically appear near you without any explanation. Oh you hide in that building? Let me just bring a bunch of robots to attack you without any knowledge from my side.
Feb 3, 2020 4:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode, Shu is becoming a bit more manly I guess, now he needs to save his waifu
May 20, 2020 11:51 AM
Oct 2019
Arisa still having feelings for Gai, and telling Shu she wants to "know" and "learn about" Gai is some of the most pathetic crap ever to be aired on tv .
Jan 2, 2021 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
I love how noble, loving, and sweet Haruka is as a stepmom. Thank god for Shu. Shu is in a good place. He was never maltreated by his step mother like Cinderella.
It was such a heartwarming moment people can connect to if they have step parents.

Very sweet revelation of Shu's family.
Feb 17, 2021 2:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best episode in a while

Fuck what they did with Gai. I won't consider this the same Gai, just a new retarded character created just for a dumb plot twist.

There is no denying the failure the plot of this anime has had, since its earlier stages, and it is showing more than ever with the later part, but really at least this episode was not trying to pull any weird shit.

Like I said before, the MC actually become the lesser evil of this anime, so really I actually felt natural and enjoyed his progression through this later half, and now that the anime is finally letting him doing something cool and show some growth, I can finally say I m enjoying it all again, without any BS, especially with such a good score.

HagePotPotato said:
Arisa still having feelings for Gai, and telling Shu she wants to "know" and "learn about" Gai is some of the most pathetic crap ever to be aired on tv .

I stopped expecting anything from the characters of GC awhile ago, most shit they do isn't properly given context neither you can connect with the dumb fuckery they are doing, that Arisa bitch has already gone fully retard some episodes ago, not expecting to like her now.

XqlucivE said:
WTF it happens again, couple episodes ago everyone turned their back to him and pretty much left him for dead but all of a sudden they expect shu for the help and their all happy to see him. i fucken hate the characters in this anime

A big fault of the anime itself, aside from its mess of a plot that lacks any decent direction or cares to explains things in a way that makes sense.

Since ep13 I actually felt the MC was doing his best, he was actually struggling and trying to do what was right for the situation, Shu has a character that was far from being good, specially in the first half, but I at least liked him more now, and he felt realistic, and he legit saved them only to be backstabbed by dumb characters, ingratefull assholes, and now everyone likes him again... would have been nice to see him giving them all the cold shoulder for once.
PlaycoolFeb 17, 2021 3:01 PM
Mar 16, 2021 6:16 PM

Sep 2017
Hey guys remember when Haruka was tryna fuck her son? Well actually that is bk because they are not related.
Jan 11, 2022 4:12 PM

Dec 2007
this episode does good in being cool.
i'm not sure though this series going to solve the whole plot holes in the next 3 episodes..
Mar 7, 2022 9:22 AM
Nov 2020
Look at that Souta bitch crying again. Why he ain't ded yet? Worse wimp in the show
Mar 25, 2022 1:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok actually what the f*ck. So before opening the door, Oogumo gives some sort of signal, I don't know what he said because I'm not a signal expert, but surely he sensed something was off, and then signalled everyone to be prepared.... right??

Wrong... he had no idea at all, and had a surprised pikachu face when he saw Segai walk in the door, who then proceeds to shoot up the whole place. I just want to know, WTF DID THAT SIGNAL MEAN THEN?? Was it a "they're just normal people, go back to work"? In that case, he could just say it out loud if he's sure that they pose no threat, the signal is pointless.... sigh. Whatever man

Speaking of Segai, he definitely is quite the iconic sight in that aviator cap

It was painfully obvious that Shu would be the one to take the third and last Void Genome, but when Ayase spoke up and volunteered to take it herself, I thought that could be interesting for her to hold it for awhile. She might die later, and then Shu would pick it up. But no.... Shu just gets it from the start. Oh well, pretty sick scene I guess with him returning. But unless that was an oil tanker, there's no reason for that truck to blow up like that. But what am I saying, it's an anime

Well shit. Shu turned from a timid little boy too scared to do anything, to a man willing to bear the weight of the world. I can get behind that. *edit*: Now the process in which we somehow got to this point of gigachad Shu is very shaky, but I'm fine with it. It's not like we were expecting a masterful script from this from the start

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 18, 2022 9:29 AM

Feb 2012
Does Arisa know that's just a clone of Gai or is she just too far into this mess that she can't pull out?

Not Ogumo dammit. So naïve.

So Haruka is Kedio's sister and the stepmother of Mana and Shu.

I kinda wish Ayase got the void genome powers...

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 10, 2022 11:28 PM

Jul 2021
This is possibly the only good episode out of the 18 episodes so far. Wow, I really liked this episode, if it continues like this, Guilty Crown will be a viewership canon again. I did have some issues with some things that happened, like when Clown Face and his 2 goons shot at the rebel group in the room, why did Haruka and the other lady leave, seriously with Oguma providing such a great distraction, they could have easily killed the 3 enemies. Another point was mentioned in another comment, that was the truck exploding on impact, also how come Shu could walk away from such destruction unfazed and also walk through the fire unharmed. Anyway, I find it interesting that Shu doesn't really pull more voids out of people, all the voids he used seemed to be outlines and glowing versions of the original and from what was said about his void (taking responsibility and the weight of their actions and such), I think if one of them breaks, it will be Shu who will die instead.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 23, 2023 7:45 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The edge almost got me.
May 2, 2023 3:30 PM
Nov 2013
This episode felt so intense. The turn you want and are waiting for, and it felt pretty epic when it all went down. Really good episode!
May 28, 2023 2:56 AM

May 2023
THE KING IS BACK!!!!! LET"SSS GOOOOO!!!!! REBORN!!!!
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

39 by HanSSora »»
Apr 18, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.