Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2012 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
The star cracked! >_<
And how does Yuu know about the other world existing out there? 3 more episodes to go if my information is correct...
But i was really hoping this to be a sequel to the OVA

Mar 2, 2012 4:51 AM

Sep 2011
BRS is officially in my list of anime with worst pacing together with [C]. Plot twist was quite okay though. 3/5
Mar 2, 2012 5:24 AM

Oct 2011
A really good episode. It was filled with so many emotions and answered many questions.
Insane Black Rock Shooter is awesome! And Yomi...well...I really pity her :(

Holy shit episode 6 preview! Can't wait to learn about Saya's past :D

5/5
Mar 2, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2010
These action scenes!!!!! Bloody amazing!
Mar 2, 2012 5:54 AM
Jan 2012
LOL and suddenly, everyone likes this anime. I got to admit, when this show started I didn't hate it like some people. But I did see the flaws. Timing was bad and I kept thinking Mato was half retarded because she was always stating the obvious. "Red, Blue...." But I think this anime has grown on me and an episode like this had the perfect amount of story and action. But I got to ask, did anybody else think "Dark Souls" when seeing BRS fighting all the skeletons?
Mar 2, 2012 6:22 AM

Apr 2011
I will always love Dead Master's skulls ♥ They're awesome~

Long story short:
Yomi's got broken heart,
Mato got into a "fight" with Kagari,
Yuu got a bracelet with Yomi's hair and began to suspect something,
Saya-chan-sensei is a bad bad woman and she wanted to kill Mato (but [or perhaps for this reason?] I still like her).

Yomi RANKED UP - her emo level increased!

This is MADNESS!
I still don't get the idea what's going on, but maybe (in the end) something will enlighten me.

Now I want to see more insane BRS!
Mar 2, 2012 6:30 AM
Dec 2010
OMG SHIT JUST GOT FUCKING SERIOUS IN BLACK ROCK SHOOTER!!!

I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE IT!
Mar 2, 2012 6:31 AM

Sep 2010
That Saya, is complete psycho......

Awesome episode..... 4.5/5
Mar 2, 2012 6:49 AM

Dec 2009
Yomi is inching closer to becoing a true emo. She's cutting her own damn hair, she trashed her own room, and she comepletely fucked up her painting. All because she assumes she does not have friends. I-uh...UNGHHHH!!! She really needs to grow a pair. She never really talked to other people about this except that counselor, which she should know by now that there is NOTHING refreshing when you come to her. Yomi even REJECTED help from others when she needed it the most! I really want to slap her right now. However, in the end, it seems BRS has killed Dead Master, the lazy man's way of freeing her from her troubles(plus ridding memories of the causes and effects of them). But at this point, I'd say it's pretty necessary.

In regards to Yuu....it seems she has been a "spirit" all along in the series, as she went away and everyone forgot about her. She even knows about the Otherworld...which is kind of sudden, since didn't get to know much about her.

In the preview, it seems Saya and Yuu knew each other before, so it'll be interesting.

As for Mato, it must be somewhat hectic for her to deal with all this drama llama going on. First her friend starts acting rational, then the counselor tries to strangle her(OHHH SHE'S KIDDING! SHE'LL KILL HER LATER~), and now she learns of Yuu being "non-existent", who then takes her to the Otherworld to be fused with BRS. Woo, mindfuck.

For Saya, FUCK YOU. I'd love to wrap my hands around YOUR neck. But I will give a benefit of a doubt hoping I'm wrong about you in the end, but messing with middle school girls is just a new type of low. inb4scarringtoddlers. In the preview, it seems we get to see Saya as a High School student(or middle school, I can't tell), who looks very much like BGS, so it pretty much confirms that she is her.

For BRS, she seemed to have gotten red flames mixing with her blue becoming purple(Yay, we're learning!), becoming Insane Black Rock Shooter, nice touch to the metaphorical sense of Saya fucking with Mato's mind for a little while, adding her Red Demon flare into her Blueness.

Also, the broken star animation was sexy for some reason. Insanity breaks you. <3

In the preview, it looks like we'll finally get to see iBRS and BGS duke it out with each other, and it seems Saya is fake crying once again. Even though Mato is not even conscious to see not hear it.
DallySkyeMar 2, 2012 10:56 AM
Mar 2, 2012 7:04 AM

Apr 2011
Had to watch the beginning a couple times xD
very good episode! lots of action, things explained, and really looking forward to next episode :P Id say thats a win :3
Cant find any pictures of the broken star though >.< guess ill have to screenshot it

edit~ Got it >:3
SprinklzMar 2, 2012 7:27 AM
Mar 2, 2012 7:13 AM

Oct 2011
Rozziu said:
This is MADNESS!
I still don't get the idea what's going on, but maybe (in the end) something will enlighten me.

Just look back on the last page - I put a rather large description there. If you have any questions, let me know.

Zohmagawd said:

Cant find any pictures of the broken star though >.< guess ill have to screenshot it

Here is a better version from the original source of the Broken Star.
BRSxIgnitionMar 2, 2012 8:06 AM
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 2, 2012 8:52 AM

Aug 2008
I can't get enough of the battle scenes. It's too bad they kept switching back and forth between the other world and the real world.

And ohoh the appearance of IBRS takes the cake. <3
Mar 2, 2012 9:12 AM

Apr 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

Just look back on the last page - I put a rather large description there. If you have any questions, let me know.

Well, now I get it (somehow).
An awful lot going on in one episode and I couldn't make out what's going on - too much action for me, lmao xd
THANKS A LOT!
Mar 2, 2012 9:14 AM

Aug 2011
Definitely much better. Super legit.

Beginning was awesome. Had to gif this.

The drama is a little over the top, but still enjoyable anyway.

I have no idea what happened at the end.

Kasai-Scythe said:
3 more episodes to go if my information is correct...
You mean the official number of episodes? HUR DUR.

So... what's this "iBRS" everyone is talking about? I apparently know nothing about the franchise...
Mar 2, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
DraconisMarch said:
So... what's this "iBRS" everyone is talking about? I apparently know nothing about the franchise...

iBRS is "insane Black Rock Shooter"

She's only been in two pieces of art done by Huke, both of which show her with an angry, rage-filled expression, rather than the calm, stoic, emotionless expression common to BRS.

Prior to this episode, all we knew is that she existed as part of the universe, now we know where she fits inside it.

You can see iBRS in the final seconds of the episode, where her pupil turns red, and her irises turn purple
The blue flame also dies out, and comes back wider, as well as changing to purple as well.

In the next episode, you will see that her weapon, armor, and hair color also change slightly. She's pretty much a more insane, heavily armed version of BRS.

PS - I agree, fighting scenes are amazing.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Mar 2, 2012 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
Wait...what...I...just...uhm...
WHAT'S GOING ON?!

More fighting scenes in this ep, goooood stuff this time, also when BRS lost it and the flame turned purple I almost jumped out of my chair. Go iBRS! You're my fav design! Shit is getting real now...

Btw what is wrong with Yuu? No shadows, and she floats and kisses... That's not how you use helium.
Mar 2, 2012 9:44 AM

Jan 2011
LadyOrihime said:
EPISODE 6 PREVIEW - HOLY SHIT! INSANE BLACK ROCK SHOOTER AND BLACK GOLD SAW GO HEAD TO HEAD!

http://www.noitamina-brs.jp/

PICTURES:

Cool.
[center]
Mar 2, 2012 12:48 PM

Dec 2010
Shit just got real. Nuff said.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Mar 2, 2012 2:06 PM
Sep 2011
I've already accepted that the show is as simplicistic as it is, with emotions being the core of everything along with the overdramatic tendencies it has.

The fight scenes were really nice to look at and that alone makes me want to see more. The hellenistic looking columns were a nice addition.

I can only compliment Mato for seeking a non-violent resolution and for settling conflicts by talking. At least it's better than beheading people.
Mar 2, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Yomi is so emo... there is now no doubt that Saya is evil here.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 2, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2009
This show gets better and better. I LOVED this episode.
The atmosphere and the BGM was freaking awesome. The action scenes were perfect.

Holy shit after the crappy episode 1 I never thought this show would get this good.

Most positive surprise of the season for me.

Yeah and this show needed more than 8 episodes. Things go forward WAAAAY to fast.

5/5
Sir_LexaMar 2, 2012 2:52 PM
Mar 2, 2012 3:10 PM

Aug 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
Yeah and this show needed more than 8 episodes. Things go forward WAAAAY to fast.
Definitely should've been 12.
Mar 2, 2012 3:12 PM

Oct 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Mar 2, 2012 4:35 PM
Nov 2009
This episode sold me on the series, Awesome :)
It's making more sense to me now. Love it
Mar 2, 2012 4:54 PM

Nov 2011
Yay I really enjoyed this episode! FINALLY, the real world and the other world are connected!

And thanks for that post back there BRSxIgnition. It explained a lot of things that were confusing to me.

Can't wait for the next one :D
Mar 2, 2012 5:06 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was amazing <3

Yomi gone insane!
BRS gone insane!

Confirmed: Saya is BGS

Apparently, Yuu (and most likely Saya too) does have control of her other self and is trying to help Mato.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Mar 2, 2012 5:58 PM

Dec 2010
DraconisMarch said:

Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Mar 2, 2012 6:19 PM
May 2011
Hinaaa said:
DraconisMarch said:

ban1o.jpg
Mar 2, 2012 6:29 PM
May 2008
Whoa, that was intense. I loved it! Really dark.. XD
Mar 2, 2012 6:46 PM

May 2011
Definitely one of the better eps.
Mar 2, 2012 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
WTF THAT WAS AWESOME.
puts shit crown to shame once again!
Mar 2, 2012 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
As a MASSIVE Black Rock Shooter Fan, I feel the need to guide others through the general quality of all of her "Universes".

This assumes only the Original Images and Song being 10's.

#1: Original Images by Huke (10/10)
#2: Original Song by ryo (Supercell) (10/10)
#3: TV Anime by Ordet (8.5/10)
#4: Original Video Animation (OVA) by Ordet (8/10)
#5: Manga by Katokawa Shoten (6/10)
#6: PSP Game by Imageepoch (5/10)

This is the general quality of them so far - The reasons for the Manga and Game's now scores follow:

The Manga makes changes that were not needed in the slightest, and has a confusing, schizophrenic plot. The game has a flat plot, and switches out staple characters for copies that were never needed.

I post this mainly for those that want to know more about BRS - so give me a shot (PM) if you have any questions! I will also post a dedicated thread for anyone who has any questions about the series.
BRSxIgnitionMar 2, 2012 7:12 PM
Mar 2, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
^
Do you think wBRS will appear here?

I know nothing about the BRS franchise - just did a tiny bit of wiki-ing though.
Mar 2, 2012 7:16 PM

Oct 2011
Kurogashi said:
^
Do you think wBRS will appear here?

I know nothing about the BRS franchise - just did a tiny bit of wiki-ing though.

She most likely wont - she was one of the characters made only for the game, like Grey.
Mar 2, 2012 7:47 PM
Apr 2009
This is quite possibly the worst anime I have ever seen. I've never seen so much unintentionally hilarious melodrama in one episode of an anime in my life.
Mar 2, 2012 7:51 PM

Feb 2012
of all things we can say about this seires, theres one thing we can deny, its getting better!
Mar 2, 2012 7:57 PM

Oct 2011
dkrdude3 said:
This is quite possibly the worst anime I have ever seen. I've never seen so much unintentionally hilarious melodrama in one episode of an anime in my life.

Mar 2, 2012 8:56 PM
Feb 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
As a MASSIVE Black Rock Shooter Fan, I feel the need to guide others through the general quality of all of her "Universes".

This is the general quality of them so far - The reasons for the Manga and Game's now scores follow:

The Manga makes changes that were not needed in the slightest, and has a confusing, schizophrenic plot. The game has a flat plot, and switches out staple characters for copies that were never needed.

I post this mainly for those that want to know more about BRS - so give me a shot (PM) if you have any questions! I will also post a dedicated thread for anyone who has any questions about the series.

The game's plot (or what little it had) was absolutely depressing in more ways that one =/
Mar 2, 2012 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

I realy liked the manga ,I loved the story where BRS job is to free souls traped in hazama world :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2012 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
This episode really confused me. I still don't understand what Saya intends to do by messing with the students' heads. And who exactly is Black Rock Shooter? Is she supposed to be Mato's other self?

3/5 for this episode.

Mar 2, 2012 10:57 PM

Oct 2011
dashiawia said:
This episode really confused me. I still don't understand what Saya intends to do by messing with the students' heads. And who exactly is Black Rock Shooter? Is she supposed to be Mato's other self?

3/5 for this episode.

Saya intends to use the other worlds to rid people of their worries - by making them horrible, then killing them completely with the other world. She enjoys it.

Black Rock Shooter is Mato's 'Other Self', and Mato was linked to her fully by Yuu/STR in the last bit of the episode.
Mar 2, 2012 10:59 PM
Mar 2011
dashiawia said:

3/5 for this episode.

yea, got confused too. someone make this clear for me, if youre grief/suffering dies in the over-action-scene world, you get better in the real over-dramatic world and you sever all your connection to the cause of your grief/suffering? and thats bad and must be stopped?
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 2, 2012 11:19 PM

Oct 2011
amginex said:
dashiawia said:

3/5 for this episode.

yea, got confused too. someone make this clear for me, if youre grief/suffering dies in the over-action-scene world, you get better in the real over-dramatic world and you sever all your connection to the cause of your grief/suffering? and thats bad and must be stopped?

Please just read my last few posts.. Yes, all memories to do with the event are erased from their memory
Mar 3, 2012 12:15 AM

Jan 2012
So far I'm loving this series soooo much. The fight scenes are brilliant and the story had this dark twisted drama style that is so intriguing to watch. That combined with the symbolisms in the show makes this one of the most unique animes I've ever scene and this episode totally Sims up all my feelings of the show so far. One thing I'd like to point out is that counselor is insane. She needs to be fired. Since the past few episodes she's been acting very strange. The stuff she says to kids who come to her for help is pretty twisted. I'm afraid that she's going to say something to one of the kids and their like going to kill themselves or something. This episode has also answered questions and made questions. One thing I'd like to know is what happens to someone who dies in the real world? What happens to their alternate dimension counterpart? Who or what is Yuu? Does everyone have a person who fights for them? I'm completely excited to see the rest of this!
Mar 3, 2012 12:42 AM
Mar 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
amginex said:
dashiawia said:

3/5 for this episode.

Please just read my last few posts.. Yes, all memories to do with the event are erased from their memory

ah got it. i did actually check your previous posts. but in this episode, they used kagari and arata as examples of 'dying' in the "action world" and after that, in the real world, they actually got over their issues, becomes more independent and got BETTER, OR did i watch it wrong?
so im guessing Mato wants to save Yomi from dying in the 'action world' so Yomi wont forget her in the real world?

3 epi left, hopefully im wrong with my assumptions
"....i am the villain in this story"
Mar 3, 2012 1:31 AM

Jun 2010
wheresthehandle said:
what is this i dont even

Please, somebody explain.
Mar 3, 2012 2:53 AM

Jun 2010
Either they'll explain this madness in the last few episodes, or we're going to have to rewatch it until we get it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2012 5:58 AM

Nov 2010
Emotions and Nightmares.

Brrrrrrr it's given me the chills.
Mar 3, 2012 7:35 AM

Dec 2011
Wow that amazing. IBRS vs Saw is going to be epic.
Mar 3, 2012 8:09 AM

Oct 2011
Spooky_Sez said:
Either they'll explain this madness in the last few episodes, or we're going to have to rewatch it until we get it.

... I'm really lost as to why so many people don't get it.

Check my last few posts, they explain everything, and I've only watched each episode once.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2012

323 by removed-user »»
Jan 12, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paul - Feb 2, 2012

336 by Sawdustchunks »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:44 AM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 23, 2012

239 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

245 by Spicelit »»
Nov 29, 2022 11:11 PM

Poll: » Black★Rock Shooter (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 15, 2012

149 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.