MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The Opening You Prefer
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Guilty Crown »» The Opening You Prefer

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
View Poll Results: Which Opening Do You Prefer?
My Dearest

53 35.33%
My Everlasting Guilty Crown

97 64.67%
Voters: 150

03-01-12, 9:12 PM

SO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME WHOLE > other OP

03-01-12, 9:25 PM

The second one. I didn't like the first one. It kept reminding me of that pretentious African chorus you hear in movies like Black Hawk Down.
Modified by Flawfinder, 03-01-12, 9:36 PM
My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

03-01-12, 9:30 PM

Love both of them but "My Everlasting Guilty Crown" beats "My Dearest" hands down. My Dearest gives off quite a heroic feel while My Everlasting Guilty Crown's beat and rhythm gives you the feel of depression or hopelessness like how everything you do is useless but then there's a glimmer of hope which makes go back on track and kick some ass, exactly what happens with Shu. Loved the foreshadowing of spoilers in the OP2, didn't notice it until now. Damn. :D

03-01-12, 9:32 PM

lindsayzzz said:
Love both of them but "My Everlasting Guilty Crown" beats "My Dearest" hands down. My Dearest gives off quite a heroic feel while My Everlasting Guilty Crown's beat and rhythm gives you the feel of depression or hopelessness like how everything you do is useless but then there's a glimmer of hope which makes go back on track and kick some ass, exactly what happens with Shu. Loved the foreshadowing of spoilers in the OP2, didn't notice it until now. Damn. :D

Pretty much this.
If I don't like it, it isn't really music.

03-01-12, 9:46 PM

I Love them both but I like the second OP Because the second Op Animation is totally MASTERPIECE and I dont know what to say anymore its the best OP i ever watch

03-01-12, 10:49 PM

lindsayzzz said:
Love both of them but "My Everlasting Guilty Crown" beats "My Dearest" hands down.

03-01-12, 11:39 PM

Second opening plzkthx.

03-01-12, 11:53 PM

I love them both! its soo hard to choose but if i had to , i would choose My dearest just by 0.00001 much.

03-01-12, 11:57 PM

Looking back at the past episodes to listen to the first opening I realize a lot has changed and I definitely wasn't predicting that it would all turn out like this... The entire "atmosphere" of the show has really changed.

Saying that, I would have to go with the first OP, My Dearest BUT honestly the one song that I did rape the replay button on Foobar is Departures. I fell in love with that song instantly.

03-02-12, 3:33 PM

I like both songs, but second one is prettier
Nipaaaaaaaaaah ~

03-02-12, 8:02 PM

I personally prefer My Dearest.
And by that, I mean halyosy's version. Koeda's nasal is unbearable. Nobunaga's cover is nice as well, though she doesn't have enough power in her voice for the song.
Basically, Koeda shouldn't have sung My Dearest. But I don't see chelly fitting it, either. Hence, superior halyosy.

And although I much prefer chelly's voice over Koeda's, it doesn't seem like chelly's voice fits The Everlasting Guilty Crown that well, either. Particularly in the chorus. I like the build-up in the verses of the song, to be honest, but the chorus' melody falls flat for me.

Besides that, I think My Dearest has a more memorable melody than The Everlasting Guilty Crown, and better instrumentals as well.
God, there is an annoying click-y sound in the chorus of My Dearest though. I swear I'm not just hearing things.

edit:
Well, didn't really think about the actual animation of the OP.
All I care about is the ryo. /shrug.
Modified by Meepy, 03-02-12, 8:10 PM
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.

03-03-12, 7:30 AM

the first one seemed to fit the action-shounen-anime thing better, but i like the second one better afte a few listens.

03-03-12, 9:38 AM

lindsayzzz said:

You basically said what I was going to say. XD "The Everlasting Guilty Crown" is god-like to me, the composition, vocals, and the music just work together so perfectly.

In my opinion, "My Dearest" was also great but nowhere near as brilliant as the 2nd OP. The 1st verse was a bit too slow but the chorus made up for it. I just really disliked that after so much build-up, it just stopped. I'm so glad that it didn't make the abrupt stop in the full version, it makes the song much more enjoyable.

03-03-12, 10:31 AM

Meepy said:
And by that, I mean halyosy's version.
It's surprising to hear a guy's voice, but ironically I like the nasal. I dunno, it feels stronger. And there's always a bias for me to pick the original over alternatives.

03-03-12, 8:22 PM

I know that "My Dearest" is freakin' catchy, but I still prefer "My Everlasting Guilty Crown". It made me pick up my guitar and just jam with it!

03-03-12, 9:02 PM

Tachii said:
Meepy said:
And by that, I mean halyosy's version.
It's surprising to hear a guy's voice, but ironically I like the nasal. I dunno, it feels stronger. And there's always a bias for me to pick the original over alternatives.

And I'm personally biased for halyosy. /shot.
I've always disliked nasal. Koeda is really no exception. And I've become perfectly fine with listening to covers thanks to the Vocaloid fandom (getting me into utaites).
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.

03-03-12, 9:07 PM

i really like both but everlasting gave me goosebumps from how good it was the first time i heard it
"Being a fan of something is like having a penis, its ok to be proud of it but please dont shove it down other's throats"
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

03-04-12, 4:43 AM

I voted for the second one...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Wau74KS.png[/img]
C.C.O. | T.C.O. | R.A.C.E. | Myoren Temple | A.C.P. | A.B.C. | TFCC | TSC | VOMIC

03-09-12, 2:21 PM

Well after the full second OP came out, I can say the second is now slightly better (also because I listened too much of the first OP already).

God, Chelly's voice is beautiful.

03-10-12, 4:45 AM

For Me...

OP2 > OP1.

That Is. :D
[img]Faggot img BB code.[/img]

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices