Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which Opening Do You Prefer?
Feb 28, 2012 10:27 PM
Jan 2012
Being Guilty Crown, most people already know its sound is superb, but I just realized there hasn't been a thread posting about the two openings yet. I was wondering, do you guys prefer 'My Dearest', the first opening, or 'My Everlasting Guilty Crown', the second opening?

Both are linked to YouTube.

I personally like the second one better. After episode two, the beginning of the 'My Dearest' made my ears bleed. Just me. I know most people are in love 'My Dearest', so I was wondering how many people actually like 'My Everlasting Guilty Crown' more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 28, 2012 11:06 PM
Feb 2010
I love both but "My Dearest" is the one I hit the replay button for so many times that it is lucky that it does not break/crash.
Feb 28, 2012 11:07 PM

Sep 2010
Second opening is way more superior than the first one.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 28, 2012 11:42 PM

Dec 2009
I love both of them. But I'd still go with "My Dearest"
Feb 29, 2012 5:27 AM

Jun 2008
They're both pretty good. I mean right after the full version came out for OP1 I just had to get it. And it looks like OP2 is the same deal.

If anything OP2 gets a bit more preference for me because I've already listened to my dearest like 100+ times already.
Feb 29, 2012 6:51 AM

Feb 2012
Both are great songs, but I have to say "My dearest" is the superior one in my opinion.

While everlasting is great too, I don't think the singer's voice works all that well with fast paced songs, it's much better with songs like the first ED.

Plus that drop in my dearest just before the chorus kicks in is so fricken awesome
Feb 29, 2012 8:46 AM

Jan 2012
Like most of the people who responded, I like both. But when it comes down to it, I prefer "My Dearest."
Feb 29, 2012 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
The Everlasting Guilty Crown*

Still waiting for the release. Would like to hear the "BOOM BOOM SATELLITES remix -The Last Moment Of The Dawn" version.

Though a merged version of both songs would be epic if done right.
Feb 29, 2012 12:52 PM

Jul 2010
I love both. But TEGC a little more. Anything ryo makes is gold. SERIOUSLY.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Feb 29, 2012 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
I actually like the second one better
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 29, 2012 1:52 PM

Oct 2011
OP 2 cuz the lyrics, animation,pacing with second half of anime..epic... but eps.. 12-currently... ugh!! gonna rewatch when done
Feb 29, 2012 2:18 PM

Apr 2010
The second opening is godly.
Feb 29, 2012 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
While both are good. Musicly and visually.

I perfer 'My Dearest', the First Opening.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 29, 2012 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
Both are awesome, they are on my Profile's Ranking.

But to be honest, The Everlasting Guilty Crown is a total masterpiece.. the animation is like OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF COWS SO GODLY..
Im waiting for the Full Version..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 2012 10:55 PM

Feb 2012
My Dearest is my choice. Such a great song.

Everlasting is great too but I've replayed My Dearest wayyy more :)
Mar 1, 2012 12:48 AM

Nov 2007
OP2 = worse than OP1, though I don't like both OPs. The only one I like is ED2.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 1, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
Both are great, however I have to say I like the voice of Chelly far more than Koeda's who was good at "My Dearest" but somehow ruined the 2nd ED.
Mar 1, 2012 10:47 AM
May 2011
Second opening, Winamp says that I've played it 176 times. Extended version (3 and half minutes). ;D looool. It is truly a godly songs.
ban1o.jpg
Mar 1, 2012 2:04 PM

Dec 2011
If i could vote both i would. I LOVE "My Dearest". I LOVE "The Everlasting Guilty Crown"
Slightly prefer "The Everlasting Guilty Crown" because i like the BG music with it, nice and bassy, and the singing is perfection in my ears <3
Mar 1, 2012 8:53 PM

Oct 2011
I love them both, but I find the second opening to be the superior one. It just sounds so amazing.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Mar 1, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2008
SO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME WHOLE > other OP

Mar 1, 2012 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
The second one. I didn't like the first one. It kept reminding me of that pretentious African chorus you hear in movies like Black Hawk Down.
FlawfinderMar 1, 2012 9:36 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 1, 2012 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
Love both of them but "My Everlasting Guilty Crown" beats "My Dearest" hands down. My Dearest gives off quite a heroic feel while My Everlasting Guilty Crown's beat and rhythm gives you the feel of depression or hopelessness like how everything you do is useless but then there's a glimmer of hope which makes go back on track and kick some ass, exactly what happens with Shu. Loved the foreshadowing of spoilers in the OP2, didn't notice it until now. Damn. :D
Mar 1, 2012 9:32 PM

Oct 2011
lindsayzzz said:
Love both of them but "My Everlasting Guilty Crown" beats "My Dearest" hands down. My Dearest gives off quite a heroic feel while My Everlasting Guilty Crown's beat and rhythm gives you the feel of depression or hopelessness like how everything you do is useless but then there's a glimmer of hope which makes go back on track and kick some ass, exactly what happens with Shu. Loved the foreshadowing of spoilers in the OP2, didn't notice it until now. Damn. :D

Pretty much this.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Mar 1, 2012 9:46 PM

Jan 2012
I Love them both but I like the second OP Because the second Op Animation is totally MASTERPIECE and I dont know what to say anymore its the best OP i ever watch
Mar 1, 2012 10:49 PM

Jul 2009
lindsayzzz said:
Love both of them but "My Everlasting Guilty Crown" beats "My Dearest" hands down.
Mar 1, 2012 11:39 PM

Feb 2011
Second opening plzkthx.
Mar 1, 2012 11:53 PM

Aug 2011
I love them both! its soo hard to choose but if i had to , i would choose My dearest just by 0.00001 much.
Mar 1, 2012 11:57 PM

Nov 2011
Looking back at the past episodes to listen to the first opening I realize a lot has changed and I definitely wasn't predicting that it would all turn out like this... The entire "atmosphere" of the show has really changed.

Saying that, I would have to go with the first OP, My Dearest BUT honestly the one song that I did rape the replay button on Foobar is Departures. I fell in love with that song instantly.
Mar 2, 2012 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
I like both songs, but second one is prettier
Mar 2, 2012 8:02 PM

Oct 2011
I personally prefer My Dearest.
And by that, I mean halyosy's version. Koeda's nasal is unbearable. Nobunaga's cover is nice as well, though she doesn't have enough power in her voice for the song.
Basically, Koeda shouldn't have sung My Dearest. But I don't see chelly fitting it, either. Hence, superior halyosy.

And although I much prefer chelly's voice over Koeda's, it doesn't seem like chelly's voice fits The Everlasting Guilty Crown that well, either. Particularly in the chorus. I like the build-up in the verses of the song, to be honest, but the chorus' melody falls flat for me.

Besides that, I think My Dearest has a more memorable melody than The Everlasting Guilty Crown, and better instrumentals as well.
God, there is an annoying click-y sound in the chorus of My Dearest though. I swear I'm not just hearing things.

edit:
Well, didn't really think about the actual animation of the OP.
All I care about is the ryo. /shrug.
MeepyMar 2, 2012 8:10 PM
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Mar 3, 2012 7:30 AM
Jan 2012
the first one seemed to fit the action-shounen-anime thing better, but i like the second one better afte a few listens.
Mar 3, 2012 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
lindsayzzz said:

You basically said what I was going to say. XD "The Everlasting Guilty Crown" is god-like to me, the composition, vocals, and the music just work together so perfectly.

In my opinion, "My Dearest" was also great but nowhere near as brilliant as the 2nd OP. The 1st verse was a bit too slow but the chorus made up for it. I just really disliked that after so much build-up, it just stopped. I'm so glad that it didn't make the abrupt stop in the full version, it makes the song much more enjoyable.
Mar 3, 2012 10:31 AM

Jun 2008
Meepy said:
And by that, I mean halyosy's version.
It's surprising to hear a guy's voice, but ironically I like the nasal. I dunno, it feels stronger. And there's always a bias for me to pick the original over alternatives.
Mar 3, 2012 8:22 PM

Aug 2011
I know that "My Dearest" is freakin' catchy, but I still prefer "My Everlasting Guilty Crown". It made me pick up my guitar and just jam with it!
Mar 3, 2012 9:02 PM

Oct 2011
Tachii said:
Meepy said:
And by that, I mean halyosy's version.
It's surprising to hear a guy's voice, but ironically I like the nasal. I dunno, it feels stronger. And there's always a bias for me to pick the original over alternatives.

And I'm personally biased for halyosy. /shot.
I've always disliked nasal. Koeda is really no exception. And I've become perfectly fine with listening to covers thanks to the Vocaloid fandom (getting me into utaites).
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Mar 3, 2012 9:07 PM

Sep 2011
i really like both but everlasting gave me goosebumps from how good it was the first time i heard it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 4, 2012 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
I voted for the second one...
Mar 9, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
Well after the full second OP came out, I can say the second is now slightly better (also because I listened too much of the first OP already).

God, Chelly's voice is beautiful.
Mar 10, 2012 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
For Me...

OP2 > OP1.

That Is. :D

Mar 13, 2012 1:16 AM
Dec 2011
With out much argument most people will agree that the best thing GC has going for it, is it's music.

My Dearest is a great song. Everytime I listen to it I can feel the raw emotion coming thru it.

My everlasting Guilty Crown. Is Chelly and her voice is just amazing plus Chelly is the singing voice of Inori.

I love both. My Dearest was sung perfectly by Koeda, while My Everlasting Guilty Crown is just such a lyrical masterpiece. So is a tie for me.
Mar 13, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
The Everlasting Guilty Crown for sure.
Everything about that song is freaking god-like. The lyrics are also quite meaningful.
Plus, Chelly's voice is absolutely gorgeous. Especially in Departures which is, in my opinion, the best ED song I've ever head in an anime before. The first time I heard the full version of Departures, I got chills.
Mar 16, 2012 11:58 AM
Mar 2012
I have to go with My Dearest. It hits me on a deeper level, plus its a really catchy song lol. I think it fits the whole tone of the series more, especially the Shu-Inori dynamic.
Mar 19, 2012 12:54 PM

Nov 2011
My Dearest definitely, it also represents the time before the series took a turn for the worse. The second theme sounds too generic of an anime theme for me to like it.
Mar 19, 2012 12:58 PM
Jul 2010
My Dearest has the better composition, though the singing in Everlasting Guilty crown is superior.
Mar 19, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2011
they are both Godly music, its pretty dam hard to decide, i like lyrics, the animation and music that they both have and the meanings are very poetic

but if i had to pick one it would be everlasting guilty crown

Kizuite

Sono me wa tagai o mitomeru tame
Sono koe wa omoi o tsutaeru tame
Sono te wa daiji na hito to tsunagu tame ni aru

So please realize

That your eyes are for recognizing you and me
That your voice is for conveying your feelings
That your hands are for joining with the people important to you

best part :D
Mar 22, 2012 2:35 AM

Sep 2011
I liked the art in the first opening slightly better, but I liked the music for the second opening slightly more than the first as well.
Mar 22, 2012 5:19 AM
Oct 2011
I liked My dearest, nice meaningful lyrics.
When the second OP came out I didn't like it until I understand more of the storyline and the development of the characters more. In the end, I liked The Everlasting Guilty Crown.
Mar 22, 2012 5:42 AM

Feb 2010
I like the second opening best. I'm not sure why but although I love the start of the first opening I'm just not keen on the second half of the song...
Mar 22, 2012 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
My Dearest for me. Just prefer the instrumentation very done really nicely for the whole piece, and I liked the style of the intro and build up to the chorus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.