Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2012 9:01 PM
Feb 2011
Why is he not happy about a smart and good looking girl open about her feelings for him? So she might be a bit violent. But its better then most other female characters in anime these day s. Or maybe im the only one that likes his umm ...stalker?
Jun 22, 2012 12:16 PM

Nov 2010
Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but i believe that its her way of showing her love that he doesn't like. Getting tazered and having to sit through 6 hours of a movie doesn't sound like fun either is getting poked in the eyes whenever a hot girl walks by. And maybe the most important thing is she picked him, he didn't pick her, he doesn't have to like her just because shes smart and good looking.
Feb 19, 2013 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
Because he is an idiot.

Thats the premise of the whole show is that they are idiots. Yuuji's angle is that he sounds smart even though he's stupid.
Feb 19, 2013 7:08 PM

Mar 2012
It's because of guilt. Watch episode 11 of season 2 for more explaination.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 19, 2013 7:17 PM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:
Because he is an idiot.

Thats the premise of the whole show is that they are idiots. Yuuji's angle is that he sounds smart even though he's stupid.

No he is not....
Feb 19, 2013 7:18 PM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
Solvite said:
Because he is an idiot.

No he is not....

...yes he is...
Feb 19, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 2012
Solvite said:
tsudecimo said:
Solvite said:
Because he is an idiot.

No he is not....

...yes he is...

No he isnt...
Feb 19, 2013 7:22 PM

Oct 2012
JavierR said:
Solvite said:
tsudecimo said:
Solvite said:
Because he is an idiot.

No he is not....

...yes he is...

No he isnt...

^
He chooses to play dumb due to a dramatic event before high school (refer to season two).
Edit: wow necro bump

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 19, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Tavor said:
JavierR said:
Solvite said:
tsudecimo said:
Solvite said:
Because he is an idiot.

No he is not....

...yes he is...

No he isnt...

^
He chooses to play dumb due to a dramatic event before high school (refer to season two).

I've seen both seasons. He plays dumb in regards to the girl, but he is legitimately stupid.

The only one in the entire group that isn't dumb is Moeblob and only because she needs to be there to ruin the actual romance with Minami.

Even Pervert is only known for his fitness.

Edit: Its their stupidity that makes the show funny. They are so dumb that the smarter kids generally can't figure out the idiocy of their plan and get surprised by their strategy.

A good reference episode to see how dumb Yuuji is would be the beach episode.

Edit x2: I'm not saying Yuuji isn't likeable, its their flaws that make them all endearing. That and Sex appeal.
Feb 19, 2013 7:31 PM

Oct 2012
Solvite said:
I've seen both seasons. He plays dumb in regards to the girl, but he is legitimately stupid.

The only one in the entire group that isn't dumb is Moeblob and only because she needs to be there to ruin the actual romance with Minami.

Edit: Its their stupidity that makes the show funny. They are so dumb that the smarter kids generally can't figure out the idiocy of their plan and get surprised by their strategy.

Edit x2: I'm not saying Yuuji isn't likeable, its their flaws that make them all endearing. That and Sex appeal.

Alright, I'll rephrase, the guy was a genius, even bullied for his snoby attitude towards his classmates; later decides drop the hardcore studying for the sake of the girl.
Now, I think he's the smartest in terms of common sense instead of being academically smart, but the nonetheless he is the one responsible of leading his group to victories; none of the others were close to his brilliance.
ShoryuFeb 19, 2013 7:35 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Feb 19, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Tavor said:
Solvite said:

Alright, I'll rephrase, the guys was a genius, even picked on for his snoby attitude towards his classmates; later decides drop the hardcore studying for the sake of the girl.
Now, I think he's the smartest in terms of common sense instead of academically smart, but the nonetheless he is the one responsible of leading his group to victories.

I agree with this.
Feb 19, 2013 7:35 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah he's a genius but he doesn't study.
Feb 19, 2013 7:37 PM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:
Tavor said:
Solvite said:

Alright, I'll rephrase, the guys was a genius, even picked on for his snoby attitude towards his classmates; later decides drop the hardcore studying for the sake of the girl.
Now, I think he's the smartest in terms of common sense instead of academically smart, but the nonetheless he is the one responsible of leading his group to victories.

I agree with this.

then why are you saying he is dumb -___-
the only one who is really dumb is akishika.
also academicly bad =/= dumb.
Feb 19, 2013 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
Solvite said:
Tavor said:
Solvite said:

I agree with this.

then why are you saying he is dumb -___-
the only one who is really dumb is akishika.
also academicly bad =/= dumb.

Common Sense isn't intelligence.
Feb 19, 2013 7:43 PM

Mar 2012
He throw his genious attitude for the sake of moral.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 20, 2013 10:14 AM
Jul 2012
It's shown in the anime that he can get good grades if he puts forth the effort. So it's harsh to say he is an idiot since he is a leader type character, and also has good strategies to help out his class in the summoning wars.
Aug 23, 2013 5:27 PM
May 2013
Maybe hes looking for someone who's not very violent and maybe someone who will let him do anything he wants, a lot of guys like to do whatever they want normally lol or some don't I guess
Aug 23, 2013 6:11 PM

Nov 2009
Read Volume 11 of the novel. He's definitely not an idiot. And he's definitely happy. Remember the episode where their Shoukanjuus show what they truly feel? When Kirishima hugged him, his Shoukanjuu was happy.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2014 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
Don't people realize that becoming an idiot for the sake of a girl makes you an idiot?
Sep 1, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2014
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Don't people realize that becoming an idiot for the sake of a girl makes you an idiot?

This. +1

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uis - Jan 6, 2010

235 by aronbebop »»
Apr 19, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2010

218 by Karva1 »»
Feb 9, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 17, 2010

140 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 3, 2010

160 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2010

176 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.