Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2012 2:54 PM

Jan 2012
SquidStomp said:
Can't believe that some people have actually rated this shit 10/10
If you don't like it, you shouldn't watch it or post in this thread.
SquidStomp said:
but then again we live in a world where angel beats is considered a masterpiece
IT IS! and don't you forget that!
Feb 27, 2012 3:16 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Virtual_BS said:
SquidStomp said:
Can't believe that some people have actually rated this shit 10/10
If you don't like it, you shouldn't watch it or post in this thread.
SquidStomp said:
but then again we live in a world where angel beats is considered a masterpiece
IT IS! and don't you forget that!

Heretic! Burn him at the stake!

Oh, wait, I only gave Angel Beats! a 9/10. (slinks away in shame...)

;)

Anyway, it wasn't a school field trip - just several of them going to talk to that one guy about what he remembered from 15 years ago, and deciding to play while they waited for him to return from whatever errand he was running. I think it was effective in building suspense until the end - everything seemed to be going well until the wind blew the ball out to sea, and I'm sure EVERYBODY whose EVER watched a horror show was screaming "You IDIOT! Don't go out there!"

Except, those of us looking for Another to go down :)
Feb 27, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2011
i love this ainme
Feb 27, 2012 3:28 PM

Dec 2010
SquidStomp said:

Can't believe that some people have actually rated this shit 10/10, but then again we live in a world where angel beats is considered a masterpiece

I understand that everyone has different tastes when it comes to anime but if you do not like a show, why watch it? Just for the sake of being able to come to the forums and bash it? Just stop watching if you don't like it. Simple.

I would also like to point out that maybe some of the animes you consider to be "masterpieces" are considered garbage to others. I for one am looking forward to watching Angel Beats when I get some free time. Like I said, everyone has different tastes.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
I actually liked this ep of Another, much better than weeks prior. I almost didn't see that death coming, I knew that guy would die but not by motorboat D:

Checklist:
-Never carry an Umbrella
-Never use old elevators
-Always take your medicine (heart attack)
-Consult a professional (teacher suicide)
-Never swim near a motorboat

I'm such a cynic when it comes to series like this..

3/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Feb 27, 2012 3:33 PM
Aug 2010
NICE BOAT!!!

LOL, I saw it coming a mile away, he should have just let the stupid ball go.
Feb 27, 2012 3:35 PM
Dec 2011
decent ep 4/5
Feb 27, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2011
RIP, dude.
Feb 27, 2012 3:41 PM

Dec 2010
Ardamaeus said:
RIP, dude.

How sad to die without anyone remembering your name. Did he even have a name?
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 3:43 PM
Dec 2007
My favourite beach episode, like, ever.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 27, 2012 3:57 PM
Mar 2009
Jacut said:
My favourite beach episode, like, ever.

Second fave for me.

Fave for me was the beach episode in FMP:Fumuffo! ... tied with the Highschool of the Dead island OVA thingy.

I love how the music and mood changed just when you think you will learn something critical... and how the boat came speeding out of nowhere...

This is am amazing series.

Be careful with umbrellas and stairs,
balls and boat at the beach,
elevators in hospitals and cell phones,
and who knows what else?

This must have been inspired by Final Destination....
Feb 27, 2012 3:58 PM

Jul 2011
Why the fuck does anybody like this show? Guilty Crown is better than this, and that show's the epitome of shit that's painted to look pretty.

18 minutes of bullshit filler with nothing happening, followed by two minutes of meh plot, ended with a bullshit, avoidable, ridiculous, and illogical death.
Feb 27, 2012 4:06 PM
Nov 2011
This might actually have been the most melancholic beach episode Ive ever seen, with that sad tune and all. The death scene wasnt all that effective, since the sod hadnt been properly introduced to the viewers.
Looks like the next episode will have another of those nightmares.
Feb 27, 2012 4:11 PM
Aug 2010
D5 said:
Fave for me was the beach episode in FMP:Fumuffo! ... tied with the Highschool of the Dead island OVA thingy.

LOL, the HOTD OVA was the GREATEST beach episode in the history of anime.

I know this is off topic....but c'mon, you had Saeko and that other girl kissing while they were fully naked....WTF can be better than that???
Feb 27, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2011
I don't get why they all became relaxed once they left the city, surely if leaving the city meant they were safe then they should have done that from the beginning and just avoided death entirely.

There's also the easier and more obvious method of closing the school, but meh.. it's hard to fill plot holes like that.

Was very happy with this episode. Wasn't a lot of fan-service which I was kind of expecting from the preview last week. The death was lacking a little because anyone extremely cautious of death given the circumstances would have been highly reluctant to chase after that ball.

Still! Great ep :3
Feb 27, 2012 4:14 PM

Jun 2009
ichigo03 said:
NICE BOAT!!!
Dood, that's not fun.

Thank you Another, i knew it couldn't be your standard beach episode, though all in all big part of it was. I wish i could hope for Akazawa not to die, she's cool. But i get the feeling all of them class 3 kids are gonna end up dead by the end of the series. Or at least the main ones exlcluding Sakakibara and Mei.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2012 4:18 PM

Dec 2011
Ooohoohoo, I already know who the dead one is because of the novel! X'D

If you're REALLY desperate, you can look it up~

DARN IT, BEACH BALLS AREN'T THAT IMPORTANT! JUST LEAVE IT THERE! LEEEAVE IT! O^O

...and, of course he didn't. Hmph.

THE DEAD ARE COMING BACK, YAAAAAY! Or... in the case that they're zombies... considerably less yay!

I'm curious to see how they'll wrap this all up in... what, four episodes? Wheee!

DON'T DIE, MEIANDSAKAKIBARA! LIVE! GAAAH, THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!
Feb 27, 2012 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
xxbluebirdxx said:
the dead person must be one of them, which makes the curse work even outside of yomiyama?

Definitely agree with this!

lol... the name of the character that died is Naka something.. He was going to get picked as a leader for the fishing groups but was sleeping. X_X Too bad we didn't see much from him or learn much :C

Next weeks episode looks very epic, definitely think we'll learn more about the curse ~Hopefully!
Feb 27, 2012 4:24 PM

Feb 2012
Hinaaa said:
How sad to die without anyone remembering your name. Did he even have a name?

Nakao. But I agree, being a redshirt does nothing for the tension of the episode.

mdz said:
Why the fuck does anybody like this show? Guilty Crown is better than this, and that show's the epitome of shit that's painted to look pretty.

18 minutes of bullshit filler with nothing happening, followed by two minutes of meh plot, ended with a bullshit, avoidable, ridiculous, and illogical death.

Two things:
1. People look more favorably on mystery shows when they're getting a pipeline of episodes week-by-week and have opportunities to discuss those episodes at length throughout the week. After the fact, those shows don't hold up so well (I've seen a lot of backlash against Lost now that it's over). I think many people here -- last four episodes pending -- will lower their opinions of Another in the years to come.
2. It's a matter of opinion. Another has its flaws, but from a subjective standpoint, I love it.
Feb 27, 2012 4:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
mdz said:

There's another one! He only gave Angel Beats! a 7! Burn him!

(SLAP)

Sorry, I got carried away. I'll try not to let it happen again.

OrochiPL said:
ichigo03 said:
NICE BOAT!!!
Dood, that's not fun.

Well, it was a nice boat.
Feb 27, 2012 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
Ah, the manga adoption didn't have this part

Although that they are at the beach, the OST was not in a happy mood.
Feb 27, 2012 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
I fucking knew it! no matter how hard i tried to enjoy this i knew someone would end up dying thankfully it was that guy i didn't really care for at all still poor guy was sick most of time just to end up like that.

all i have to say for this episode is *NICE BOAT* timing could't have been any better huh unless he was pretty far out who drives that fast close to shore!.

and danm next week looks insane doesn't seem like there holding back anymore jesus.
katsu044Feb 27, 2012 4:45 PM
Feb 27, 2012 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
Nice beach episode, although it felt like a filler, for the most part. We did learn a few things, I guess.

The guy who died in this episode was just... -_- The second he chased after the beach ball that flew too far away, I knew shit was going down. I also love how no one assisted him even with this whole death thing going on (can't be too safe).

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.

Aug 2011
It was boring until the dude died.

One thing that I'm curious about is HOW Reiko and Matsunaga are unable to remember that incident. I mean, if it was something as big as a death, I'd be able to remember it for the rest of my life... Maybe the calamity screws with their memory?

I also agree that there is something awfully suspicious about Matsunaga seeing Reiko somewhere.

Jun 2011
Lesson 8: Do not get a beach ball when it has gotten far off shore just go to a store and buy a new one because I rather get a new beach ball than die.

Plus, shouldn't there be some line or point where boats are on the beach? because I don't think boats are supposed to drive that close to shore. o_o????

Due to the preview the episode gave us of episode 9 it seems it is going to be much more suspenseful than all other episodes we’ve watched so far. I mean I’m seriously dying to know who the girl holding the umbrella is and why she looks so much like the girl who first died in the series. Who knows maybe she’s a spirit or she’s just part of Sakakibara’s weird dreams. I also want to see the lightning part you know where the boys were in some thunderstorm, and stuff.
Feb 27, 2012 4:42 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
all i have to say for this episode is *NICE BOAT* timing could't have been any better huh unless he was pretty far out who drives that fast close to shore!.

Well, yeah, you're not supposed to do that, but getting a boating license doesn't mean you're really a responsible boater, and drinking and driving boats is as much a problem as drinking and driving cars is. The reason isn't so important as that boating accidents do occur - as with anything else it's all about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think we're all in agreement that he was stupid for swimming out there to begin with.

It may have looked it, but I didn't see this "beach" episode as filler. The whole point of the episode was that the kids thought they were safe once they left town, and could finally relax, and the whole day went by with no trouble, and...
Feb 27, 2012 4:45 PM
Apr 2010
Wow... Just wow... At first I was about to rage because I seriously thought that this episode was going to be some beach ecchi episode. But it wasn't. And my god they pulled it off perfectly being that that summer vacation was under the pretense of leaving the curse behind, and then actually trying to plan what to do next outside of their town.

The ending was definitely something that I was not fully expecting; the most surprising thing about it is that I think that that death was probably the most gruesome of them all so far. I'm just glad they stuck to the plot and character in that episode.

Because of this, I'm COMPLETELY satisfied. :))))
Feb 27, 2012 4:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
itsvero said:
One thing that I'm curious about is HOW Reiko and Matsunaga are unable to remember that incident. I mean, if it was something as big as a death, I'd be able to remember it for the rest of my life... Maybe the calamity screws with their memory

Trust me, time has a way of changing even the good things, never mind the things you'd rather forget.
Feb 27, 2012 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
Cratex said:
katsu044 said:

Well, yeah, you're not supposed to do that, but getting a boating license doesn't mean you're really a responsible boater, and drinking and driving boats is as much a problem as drinking and driving cars is. The reason isn't so important as that boating accidents do occur - as with anything else it's all about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think we're all in agreement that he was stupid for swimming out there to begin with.
True if it was me i would had just left the ball if it went that far out and this is why i take my swimming to pools~.
Feb 27, 2012 4:50 PM

Feb 2012
mdz said:

I'll say the reasons why I like this better than Guilty Crown:

-While the characters do fit under archetypes, they mostly act like real people. And I love them for that.
-I liked this episode because it's mostly just the characters interacting off one another without any Hollywood or anime cliches ruling the episode (or at not least not many of them). And that's very entertaining if you like the characters. If you don't, it causes problems.
-This anime is good at balancing suspense, drama, horror (well maybe not this one), mystery, and comedy. Something GC utterly fails at.
-It creates a world where all this stuff can happen. And it always keeps to its own rules.
-It's not fucking Guilty Crown.

With that said, the death wasn't that great because I don't know the guy very well. But I liked this episode.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 27, 2012 4:55 PM

Jan 2010
Wordsmith said:

that tentacle,
I've seen enough hentai to know where it's going.
Feb 27, 2012 4:56 PM
Aug 2010
mdz said:

Really bro???

You're REALLY going to try this?

I don't mind when someone criticizes a show, Hell, I do it ALL THE TIME.

However, when you ask "Why does anybody like this show?".....whatever argument you had, just went out the window.

Please go troll guilty crown or some other anime, don't say stupid shit unless you can back it up with a reasonable argument.
Feb 27, 2012 4:57 PM
Sep 2010
ichigo03 said:
NICE BOAT!!!

LOL, I saw it coming a mile away, he should have just let the stupid ball go.

You beat me to it! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Feb 27, 2012 5:02 PM

May 2010
The last couples minutes were good, but the rest was really boring. o_o I've never been a fan of beach fanservice episodes. xD
Feb 27, 2012 5:12 PM

Nov 2010
is it bad that i was glad one of the guys bit it this week so i wouldn't feel bad about oogling the girl right before she died? XD

so sad, even in his final ep all he did was vomit for awhile...

also, right at the begining with her driving all i could think was "oh yes, you're in a horror anime and you want to make your car the Yukari-Mobile, R.I.P. everyone!"
Feb 27, 2012 5:15 PM

Jul 2011
mdz said:

Why are you comparing apples to oranges? Thats smart reasoning aka "logic"

Fillers usually have nothing in them tis why they are fillers. Even though this one had progression even if its not the type you like.

Yes a motorboat in water is pretty illogical, being hit by one even more so.
http://tinyurl.com/7rvlnky
Was the death convenient? Very. But you like convenient things don't you? My reasoning aka "logic" being that you've rated Steins Gate and Clannad AS a 9 and 10 even though they both had some of the very most horrible situations turn around to happy ones with feeble reasoning behind them. Very convenient no?

Tempted to read what you write on your blog since I find your posts not be very meh =\
InterNetCasaNovaFeb 27, 2012 5:19 PM
Feb 27, 2012 5:37 PM

Mar 2010
Why is nearly nobody talking about how the calamity could happen although they were out of Yomiyama??

I think the meaning / hint of this episode was that the dead one must be one of them.

Otherwise there is no logical explanation to why something like that could have happened (except that guy was just really unlucky O_o)

Do you think that the dead is one of them?
If so, who?
Feb 27, 2012 5:38 PM

Dec 2010
mdz said:

As I have said before, if you don't like an anime, why do you continue to watch it? Why do you feel it necessary as well to come comment on how you don't know why anybody would like this show?
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 5:39 PM

Dec 2010
olee said:
Why is nearly nobody talking about how the calamity could happen although they were out of Yomiyama??

I think the meaning / hint of this episode was that the dead one must be one of them.

Otherwise there is no logical explanation to why something like that could have happened (except that guy was just really unlucky O_o)

If so, who?

A few of us have speculated actually about how the ghost could be one of them. It is the one logical explanation I think for why it could happen outside of Yomiyama!
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
I have to say, I have never been even the slightest bit bored watching this series. Not once do I ever look down to see how much time I have left, I just intently watch and then it's over before I know it! :( I just love this show so much!

The details at the beach were drawn quite beautifully. They used the beach scenario very well.

We almost made it death free, until the end. It wasn't the most impressive death I've seen this series, but at least I can say it was more interesting than the heart attack.

Looks like what he left behind was a tape, so let's see what it says next episode~!
Feb 27, 2012 5:44 PM

Dec 2010
Cynderella said:
I have to say, I have never been even the slightest bit bored watching this series. Not once do I ever look down to see how much time I have left, I just intently watch and then it's over before I know it! :( I just love this show so much!
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 5:46 PM

Jul 2011
olee said:

If so, who?

I think Mei's dead sister is living in her fake eye and shes the one killing people and started killing because they were close to learning something about her? I think it definitely has something to do with Mei since shes kinda always the topic or around when someone died so far =x. Umbrella girl died after seeing her, Nurse died after talking about her, teacher..eh, guy on the beach was just disposed to take them off topic. I dont really know xD
Feb 27, 2012 5:48 PM

Feb 2012
Hinaaa said:
olee said:

If so, who?

A few of us have speculated actually about how the ghost could be one of them. It is the one logical explanation I think for why it could happen outside of Yomiyama!

I really, really think that Reiko is a strong possibility. It follows no logic whatsoever, but I feel like the story is leading us in that direction.
Feb 27, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2009
if only we didn't know that this would be a beach episode, that truck would've been the scariest thing that they pulled off in the show.. it was a superb direction in that part.. and for the entire episode, all i did was waiting for something to happen, because that bgm they used for beach fun is just wtf! though i love it.. i thought they be trolling..

Misaki Mei and school swimsuit.. perfect fit.. best fanservice throughout all the girls for me..
Feb 27, 2012 6:03 PM

Dec 2010
Hakuromatsu said:

I really, really think that Reiko is a strong possibility. It follows no logic whatsoever, but I feel like the story is leading us in that direction.

If it is possible for the ghost to not be a student then that is a great idea! Reiko could have been one of the ones to die maybe fifteen years ago. I am pretty sure the ghost needs to be a student though.
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
Hinaaa said:
Hakuromatsu said:

If it is possible for the ghost to not be a student then that is a great idea! Reiko could have been one of the ones to die maybe fifteen years ago. I am pretty sure the ghost needs to be a student though.
might be on to something plus was it last week that the grandfather was whispering Reiko's name and her moms?.
Feb 27, 2012 6:10 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hinaaa said:

Well...if she died 15 years ago then she died while she was a student, which means she never graduated, which means technically she still qualifies as being a student?
Feb 27, 2012 6:23 PM

Dec 2010
Cratex said:
Well...if she died 15 years ago then she died while she was a student, which means she never graduated, which means technically she still qualifies as being a student?

That is such a good point! I am convinced it is Reiko now.

Also it is true about the grandfather whispering Reiko and the mom's name, which I originally found to be odd. It would make sense if she had died.
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 6:25 PM
Mar 2008
HOLY SHIT MEI IN SWIMSUIT

MY HEART

HNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Feb 27, 2012 6:26 PM

Aug 2009
wheresthehandle said:
Lol I don't even know who that kid was who died.

EXACTLY ROFL.. So it really didnt have an impact on me XDD

but srsly, its a $0.99 ball, If it goes that far into the sea, DONT get it! -_____-
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.