Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was thinking that it might be a watermelon, but considering that people die when I least expect it, I din't know what to expect.Still throughout the episode, I was just waiting for something to happen. But those breasts and that undeniable sexual attraction kept distracting me. lol

I actually thought that no one would die since this episode was mostly for fanservice, but the interesting part is if the curse is responsible for this or not.

Can't wait for next week!
ClementIVFeb 27, 2012 10:59 AM
Feb 27, 2012 10:27 AM

Dec 2009
Well I'm glad this wasn't a shameless fan-service episode. Even though nothing really happened before the last scenes. But damn the shit in the end was intense.

5/5 of course ;)

EDIT: Next week seems epic... Can't wait.
Feb 27, 2012 10:36 AM

Feb 2012
Well, I have nothing but good things to say about this episode (except for that ridiculous psuedo-cliffhanger before the OP that wasn't fooling anyone). I had a bit of trepidation seeing the preview last week, but that was alleviated by the time the ED started rolling. A couple of thoughts:

- Kow Otani is amazing. The melancholy piano being played over the "beach fun" montage set a perfect mood for the sequence, and the violin/synth combo played before the motorboat death had me on the edge of my seat.
- Reiko fanservice, Akazawa fanserive, and fanservice from that girl whose name I can never remember. At least they restrained themselves with Mei.
- But speaking of...Mei was so kawaii in that hat/sweatshirt, poking at the starfish. And silly Mei, octopuses can't eat you. ^_^
- Akazawa x Kouichi? I can't figure her out.
- That tank truck at the beginning...damn.
- The shot of Kouichi across from Reiko at the table, with Reiko seen through frosted glass...chilling.
- Well I wasn't sure what Matsunaga could've left in the classroom at the end of the episode, but after seeing the preview for next week I'm guessing it's that cassette tape.

EDIT: Was that Yukari under the umbrella at the end of the preview? O_O
CuriousThingFeb 27, 2012 11:08 AM
Feb 27, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2010
Lol, I like how they tried to trick us with the first scene.. But the preview last week gave it away. :P
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Feb 27, 2012 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
This episode is the best xd we can see big breast reiko, the other side mei ?, Mochizuki chest but this ending... i dont like it, someone again died in stupid way like in horror ,,Open Water 2'' i just wait for the moment when i can see chest of yuuya BTW i would kill Reiko kill for that speed xD
MomooiroAug 11, 2013 4:16 PM
Feb 27, 2012 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Akazawa fan service is nomilicious.

Not quite the definition of motorboating I had in mind when I started watching this episode, that's for sure.
Feb 27, 2012 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Lol I don't even know who that kid was who died.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 27, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2012
Riptos said:
Not quite the definition of motorboating I had in mind when I started watching this episode, that's for sure.

I lol'd.

By the way, everyone here should do a frame-by-frame of the next episode preview. There's a lot of interesting stuff packed in there.
Feb 27, 2012 11:38 AM

Apr 2011
Who even was the guy that died?
Also, as soon as he went to get the beach ball, I was like, 'DON'T DO IT!'
Anyway, next episode looks AMAZING! There'll definitely be some death - and was that Yukari's ghost clutching the bloodied umbrella at the end?
Feb 27, 2012 11:44 AM

Dec 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
By the way, everyone here should do a frame-by-frame of the next episode preview. There's a lot of interesting stuff packed in there.

Agreed. Holy shit it looked epic.
Feb 27, 2012 11:46 AM
Apr 2011
beaches and boats

a6342164Feb 27, 2012 12:19 PM
Feb 27, 2012 11:51 AM

Nov 2010
Uhm. Lol. This was very subtle fanservice. It seemed more like a slice-of-life episode to me with the calming music. 'twas very nice to enjoy seeing how they were just having fun like any other normal teenagers would.

Ow at the Motorboat. And why didn't anyone yell or give signals at the motorboat to stop? Is it that loud? No experience with that sorry.

... and the guy who died... why was he just floating around in the end? Tired? Fainted? Loss of breath? Gulped too much water? But a definite ow kill there.

Well.. we were all just waiting for the least interesting character to die anyways lololol. 8D

(whatdidheleavebehiiiind oAo;; )
Feb 27, 2012 11:52 AM
Apr 2010
Oh the moeness of Mei being scared of octopus.

My thought process for the last minutes:

• Oh, a storm, here we go.
  • It's a goddamn ball, and here's a storm that's obviously not natural, why are you fucking going into the sea?
  • Okay, he drowns, but it wouldn't be Another without gore. Some shark must be coming up.
  • Oh well, a motorboat will do just fine

And yeah, preview is epic.
Feb 27, 2012 11:58 AM
Sep 2009
A really cool beach-episode.
Reiko's eay of driving kind of reminded me of Yukari-sensei from Azumanga. And that truck seemed rather dangerous (you don't see petrol trucks over taking other cars every day, you know). I was sure somebody would die in a car accident for sure, but than they left Yomiyama behind and I kinda relaxed. I even thought to myself, why don't they just send 3-3 out from Yomiama to prevent the calamity, if this works that good? All those games, competition made me lulled my vigilance and right than...
Also, when the storm began, I wished there was another umbrella-kill. But unfortunately my expectations did not come true
wheresthehandle said:
Lol I don't even know who that kid was who died.

I'm pretty sure the dead one will be also some indiscernible guy
lotrus28Feb 27, 2012 12:16 PM
Feb 27, 2012 12:04 PM
Aug 2008
I didn't think it would be good, when I saw the preview.
But it was actually really okay. The fanservice was on a minimum level. I wonder what he left in the classroom
Feb 27, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was quite relaxing until accident happened. I was expecting this from the beginning although I thought that calamity doesn't work outside of Yomiyama... (Un)fortunately preview for the next episode contains many spoilers and it seems that we will see my favorite character once more (~_^)
Feb 27, 2012 12:05 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
So the moment that guy remembered about stopping the curse the curse went out of city boundries to kill somone far outside the CIty. Well its coming close to end thats for sure im sure that guy rememberd something and in next following eps there will be intense battle angainst curse and will end if getting rid of the curse (thats i hope at least)
Feb 27, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
pretty sure this was the curse at work seeing how as they were talking about how to stop it the wind suddenly blew the ball into the ocean. Always seems like something happens when getting somewhere when talking about the curse. They should have known better.
Feb 27, 2012 12:07 PM
Sep 2011
It was nice to see the kids getting a break after all the casualities at their hometown. Until the end of this episode, that is. Seems like something supernatural occured once again as I really don't think Nakao's death was accidental.
Personally I found it quite nostalgic to see them catching several marine animals as I went diving at the see last summer and could name them accordingly.

So, we got some more information this time. The class that stopped the curse midway went to the shrine and apperently on that trip one of the students died. When returning to the village Matsunaga brought something back to school but the specific item is unknown/forgotten at this point. Not sure what to make with this clue. I'm probably reading too much into it but his comment that he saw Reiko a short time ago seems suspicious to me.

On another note, I'm puzzled about so many people not remembering the boy who died this episode. He was shown several time in class constantly giving Sakakibara hostile looks though I think his name was mentioned for the first time in this episode.
EudaimoniaFeb 27, 2012 12:48 PM
Feb 27, 2012 12:14 PM
Sep 2009
Aoi_Bara said:
it seems that we will see my favorite character once more (~_^)

Perhaps, that was just another Koichi's dream?
lotrus28Feb 27, 2012 12:18 PM
Feb 27, 2012 12:16 PM
Oct 2011
next episode, can't wait

this is surely sakuragi

the one that died this episode (notice the hand) and the nurse
Feb 27, 2012 12:17 PM

Feb 2012
Lestrade said:
When returning to the village Matsunaga brought something back to school but the specific item is unknown/forgotten at this point. Not sure what to make with this clue.

It's got to be the cassette tape.
Feb 27, 2012 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
Mei was just as moe in her sukumizu as I expected her to be. Also, for a sukumizu-lover like me, dandere!mei + DFC + sukumizu = instakill

The scene in the beginning was too easy to read, I knew it was a watermelon.
When they were driving in that car, the truck that passed them gave me a total Final Destination 2 feeling. Even though I knew nothing would happen. Then, during the episode, even though it was all funny and calm, I totally expected something to happen any moment. And in the end, the death was nice and gory. Didn't expect that, simple drowning wouldn't have had enough impact I gather.

As for the motorboat:
- No, you cannot hear the shouting when you are fast like that. And if you don't look out for something like that, you won't see waving and handsigns as well.
- That aside, It was grossly negligent for that skipper to drive this close to the beach. I suppose he has to answer for that.

As for the preview for next ep: This looks promising. And I really think that WAS Yukari, though I'm not sure if she's real or inside a nightmare... both is possible IMO.

On a side note: Bonus points for that tentacool rape XD
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 27, 2012 12:30 PM

Feb 2012
Wordsmith said:
On a side note: Bonus points for that tentacool rape XD

Somewhere on the internet, someone is drawing fanart right now. *shudder*
Feb 27, 2012 12:35 PM

Feb 2009
I don't even know who died.
When he went along on the trip I noticed I didn't know him and I was pretty certain he was going to die.

Through I did think that truck in the beginning was going to hit them.

In the preview (didn't actually see it but saw screenshots), the dead are coming back? :o Creepy!
Feb 27, 2012 12:38 PM
Sep 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Lestrade said:
When returning to the village Matsunaga brought something back to school but the specific item is unknown/forgotten at this point. Not sure what to make with this clue.

It's got to be the cassette tape.

Damn, you're probably right! I assume they found some crucial information concerning the curse and recorded it to pass it down for posterity since they knew they would forget it due to the ominous amnesia everyone is experiencing afterwards.
Feb 27, 2012 12:50 PM

Mar 2008
DAMN FILLER!
And that music... soooooooooooooooooooooo boring.
Feb 27, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,relaxing episode.

It was a good change of pace in this episode,it bring some fanservice and some comedy.

Mei getting raped by the octopus was hilarious she is just to cute and Akazawa really is after Sakakirbara in more ways that one.

Besides the typical beach things nothing else to talk about for the first 15m after that things got interesting...it seems he leave something behind in the classroom as probably they guessed that they will get amnesia because of the curse,by the preview without a doubt is that tape probably saying wtf they need to do to stop the curse.

Also random guy die by getting hit by a boat....even that wasnt the best death so far at least it wasnt as lame as just drowning .

Next episode looks awesome!!! The Dead rise!!! Storms blood screams and the tape....epic episode await us next week.
Feb 27, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
Fanservice..... ew.
End was so creepy. It just was so scary (and gory). So the curse is outside of Yomiyama too :/

Never saw such a morbid beach episode before.

4/5
Feb 27, 2012 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
A NICE BOAT ending as I expected.

That preview, shit.
Feb 27, 2012 1:04 PM

Apr 2010
the dead person must be one of them, which makes the curse work even outside of yomiyama?
Feb 27, 2012 1:05 PM

Nov 2011
At first when I saw it was going to be an beach episode, I thought "Oh no, not that...", but it surprised me that it kept it's goodness, even if it wasn't as good as episode seven. That watermelon at the beginning didn't fool me :3. I just hoped I would be able to get through an beach episode without hearing...

"UMI DA!!!111!!11"

For the first 10 minutes, I believed.

And there was even that death. Can't say I didn't expect it, when that wind blowed I knew fore sure something was going to happen. At first I was thinking "meh, I can't believe he will die by drowning, Another has been so bloody this far..." And then the boat came, and it was perfect for conclusion. A great episode.
「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
Feb 27, 2012 1:06 PM

Dec 2010
I was not expecting anyone to die this episode. I figured if anything there would be some possible revelation about the curse.

Mei was so so cute in this! Especially with the octopus, thinking it was gonna eat her, hahah.

The previews were so intense. Looks like the dead are going to be coming back! The question is whether it going to be the real world or just in nightmares?
I think what was left in the classroom is gonna be that cassette tape!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 1:08 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, maybe the dead one from 15 years ago died on the mountain? Maybe that's why no one remembers him/her.

Dec 2009
Stop posting the screenshots from the preview!!! Makes me too anxious to see the nest episode.. AND I STILL HAVE TO WAIT ONE WEEK!!!

Dec 2010
xxbluebirdxx said:
the dead person must be one of them, which makes the curse work even outside of yomiyama?

I haven't thought of that. However it is a good idea! It could be anyone really, except Mei and Akazawa I don't think are the ghost student!
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 1:10 PM

Dec 2009
Hinaaa said:
xxbluebirdxx said:

I haven't thought of that. However it is a good idea! It could be anyone really, except Mei and Akazawa I don't think are the ghost student!

Fuck this shit if it's Sakakibara. Seriously.
Feb 27, 2012 1:10 PM

Dec 2010
HoshiNeko said:
Oh, maybe the dead one from 15 years ago died on the mountain? Maybe that's why no one remembers him/her.

It is quite possible the ghost student was murdered by the one guy and that is why no one remembers who it was and also why he seems to get upset whenever the issue comes up.
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 1:12 PM

Dec 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
Hinaaa said:
xxbluebirdxx said:

Fuck this shit if it's Sakakibara. Seriously.

I'm worried that is is going to be Sakakibara. Maybe he died along with his mother when she was giving birth. If it is him though, I am gonna rage. >.<
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 1:19 PM

Aug 2009
At first I didn't like it that they brought fucking fanservice into the picture, and I couldn't imagine somebody die in this episode. I especially liked it that they had "mysterious" music during the whole episode, not this stupid usual happy life music they tend to play during beach episodes; too cliché.

Anyway, thanks to the music, the usual gloomy atmosphere (ignore the few silly moments) and the death by the end of the episode I guess it turned out to be an okay episode after all. Sadly, it was too obvious who was going to die; that random kid they brought with 'em. However, I guess that they'll kill one of the "bigger" characters sooner or later, else it'd be too silly.
Feb 27, 2012 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Riptos said:
LOL!!!
That was far too random, I thought he would drown or get eaten by a shark.
xxbluebirdxx said:
The dead person must be one of them, which makes the curse work even outside of Yomiyama?
That makes sense. I thought that too
PaninaManina said:
DAMN FILLER!
That has to be the WORST background music that I have ever heard in any Anime. (And I gave this show a 10.)
Hinaaa said:
I'm worried that is is going to be Sakakibara. Maybe he died along with his mother when she was giving birth. If it is him though, I am gonna rage. >.<
Last Week's episode suggested otherwise though.

One more thing: Mei is Cute. This show can keep its 10 ...for now.
Feb 27, 2012 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
Interesting Fact:
Google "Another" a few weeks ago - find only random crap.
Google "Another" now - MAL, ANN, and Wikipedia on first page.
(Don't read Wikipedia though, I've heard it's full of spoilers.)
Feb 27, 2012 1:40 PM

Dec 2010
Virtual_BS said:
Riptos said:
LOL!!!
That was far too random, I thought he would drown or get eaten by a shark.
xxbluebirdxx said:
The dead person must be one of them, which makes the curse work even outside of Yomiyama?
That makes sense. I thought that too
PaninaManina said:
DAMN FILLER!
That has to be the WORST background music that I have ever heard in any Anime. (And I gave this show a 10.)
Hinaaa said:
Last Week's episode suggested otherwise though.

One more thing: Mei is Cute. This show can keep its 10 ...for now.

Thank youuuuuu! I had completely forgotten about that. Makes me feel so much better now!

I second Mei being cute and this show being a 10!
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 27, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
well that was a much needed calm before the storm episode. The fanservice was tame and not in your face and the characters are all likable so this was very entertaining. plus this show needed a ep to calm down, as weird as it sounds, shows that steam roll all the way without having a calm ep like this tend to flop in the finale for some reason

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 27, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
So they go on a class trip, except it wasn't a class trip because only 7 people went.
Guess this was the mandatory beach episode that every slice of life anime must have, still it wasn't very enjoyable, I liked seeing the high school girls in bikinis and all but besides that, eh.
So the guy goes out into the water to get the chick's ball and then he gets killed like in final destination, could see that coming from a mile away, this show is so predictable. Also the music was weird during this episode, sounded stupid.
Can't believe that some people have actually rated this shit 10/10, but then again we live in a world where angel beats is considered a masterpiece
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Feb 27, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
xxbluebirdxx said:
akazawa man, thats who im going for. my friend is going for the one weak kid though,

GOD DAMN IT I JUST WANT TO KNOW NOW

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 27, 2012 1:48 PM
Feb 2012
Fuck it, this episode was boring. Only a bit more development between Mei & Kouichi, and the guy said he left something and that could be that casette tape shown in the preview and I think it is some female who'll die next (also in that preview).

This episode death wasn't impressive (yeah, I said it).

The episode 2.5/5
Feb 27, 2012 1:52 PM

Jun 2009
At the beginning, this epi was nice.. funny..
Teshigawara was funny & cheerful .. I like this type of character :)
I don't want him to die :3

BUT, at the end, I was scared ><"""""""
I got a VERY bad feeling in my heart.. a painful feeling >.<"
I am shocked ..
The accident made me speechless ><"""
>.<""
Feb 27, 2012 1:54 PM
Feb 2012
That dude was well out in the open, the fact he didn't notice the boat which was very far at the start is plain stupid.

Good thing I never rate a show untill all episodes are watched.
Feb 27, 2012 1:55 PM

Dec 2009
SquidStomp said:
Can't believe that some people have actually rated this shit 10/10, but then again we live in a world where angel beats is considered a masterpiece

Well now I could say "How can anyone rate shit like KissXSis a 9/10?"

BUT that is your opinion. And my opinion is that Another is freaking awesome. Not 10/10 at this point, but if the last episodes are epic, It's not impossible.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.