MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shigofumi (anime)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» The All-Over Otaku Club Okawari »» Shigofumi (anime)

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: How would you rate this anime?
10 - Best

0.00%

0.00%

3 100.00%

0.00%

0.00%

0.00%

0.00%

0.00%

0.00%
1 - Worst

0.00%
Voters: 3

02-27-12, 9:37 AM

This thread is for the discussion of the anime:

Shigofumi

Warning: May be a textbook Josh Anime.

02-27-12, 9:39 AM

I have to admit, it took a direction that I didn't entirely see coming. At this point, I'm mostly interested in whether this particular shigofumi is going to last for more than one episode or if they're going to just leave it with that. I'm not entirely sure which I would prefer, to be honest.
J.C. Staff bringing decent quality animation as usual.

This series kind of seems like Shinigami no Ballad meets Letter Bee starring Nagato Yuki. I understand why Josh picked it.

02-27-12, 9:59 AM

"Interesting" girl as main character.
Inanimate object personified.
Seems familiar.

Seems like a Josh anime. Not much to say.
[]

02-27-12, 3:00 PM

I didn't really think I had a anime type named after me but I see your point. I don't remember how I found this one...
I'm not sure if I see it as Nagato being the main, seems more like Kino. She has that lack of emotion but still kind of sides towards good and has a cheerful, talking inanimate object.

02-27-12, 6:39 PM

That's the other comparison that there was to be made. I was sure that I was missing one. But yeah, Kino fits pretty well. The influence is certainly there.
I need to get around to watching those Kino no Tabi movies.

02-28-12, 3:11 PM

She has a gun...she really is Kino isn't she?
That other girl is pretty dumb. Who bring a knife to a gun fight? She kind of did it twice.
I think this show is pretty interesting so far and judging from the preview the next story is going to be at least somewhat related to this one.

Was anyone else impressed by the rocket? The guy designed and made a rocket that big that actually worked. He even made the engine, to get an engine for model rockets that big in the US you need to get a special license and he made one. Not to mention that launching set up he made to perfectly fit the rocket without any machining tools. Asians.

02-28-12, 7:34 PM

Why haven't you engineered a rocket this big, Josh?
[]

02-28-12, 11:57 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got the Kino vibe. I've only watched episode one and that's what stuck with me the whole time. It was like 'why hello kino #2' but the end completely caught me off guard and it made me think of the anime Higurashi. I wonder if it will arc or be one solid story. I think an arc would seem more amusing and fits the staff and aloof girl fairly well. They don't seem the type to stay in one spot for too long.

I also hope that guy comes back as a spirit for a bit. That's probably just me though but a little revenge murder action sounds nice.

02-29-12, 4:10 PM

tsukikyou said:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got the Kino vibe.

Oh, shit. You watched Kino? Awesome.
[]

02-29-12, 6:14 PM

Interesting conclusion to the story. I'm liking this one so far, it's got quite a few things going for it. It certainly appears to be a little bit better than I originally expected it to be, for whatever reason.
It seems by the preview that the series is no longer hiding its dark nature behind a bright exterior any more. Looking forward to seeing what the other stories bring.

02-29-12, 7:56 PM

It looks like there is going to be an actual plot to this series and not just an episodic anime.

02-29-12, 8:23 PM

Anyone else wonder what it's like to jump?
[]

02-29-12, 9:41 PM

Wanna gather up the boys and jump off a bridge?

03-01-12, 1:30 PM

So it is a happy story this time.
So the people who deliver shigofumi are dead yet Fumika keeps growing. My guess is that when she killed her father she "died on the inside" and is in a coma or something like that. So she is dead enough to do deliver the shigofumi but is still growing.

03-01-12, 9:04 PM

I'd say she's pretty... interesting. Wouldn't you agree, Josh?

Nice to see some yuri action up in this group again. It's been a while. Although. I wish there was something more than just hand holding in this.
[]

03-01-12, 9:21 PM

I had basically the same guess as Josh. Mostly because of the quick shot to a girl in a coma that they had last episode. It explains why she's still growing and whatnot. I get the feeling that this continuity thing will greatly benefit the series as a whole. I was actually getting slightly tired of the same ol' episodic format that episodic anime come in. Not that I don't like episodic anime when done right, or when they have an interesting concept, but I think giving this one some sort of overarching plot definitely gives it a slight leg up.

I, too, enjoyed the yuri action. It's about time we see a little more of that in the group. Expect that from my next manga pick.

03-02-12, 5:37 PM

Who is afraid of cats? How?

So why did this girl say "Fumi...?" when she was waking up? I wonder who Fumi is.

03-02-12, 8:30 PM

"Fumika"

I watched this.
[]

03-02-12, 8:31 PM

Episode 5:

Liked this episode. It was nice and laid-back in comparison to the others, and even a little bit heartwarming. Overall, a pretty good episode for giving a decent amount of exposition and back story.

03-03-12, 12:09 PM

Fumika was the one who said "Fumi" why would she say her own name? What if some Black Rock Shooter like stuff happened? Her father seemed like a dick in that interview, I wouldn't be surprised if he abused her. What if she made up another person to take her pain and eventually and the person she made became like another personality or something. So when one of them killed the father one of them, I assume Fumi since that's what "Fumika" said, withdrew or something and effectively died. so Fumika is half dead, her heart died like they talked about in this episode. That's why she is cold and everything.

Kaiji. That beam thing is from Kaiji. This show just got better if you ask me.
Japanese bullying is weird. In America a bully teases you and beats you up but in Japan everyone in your class fucks with you, teachers ignore it, and when they break you the out you in a situation where you will likely die. Japan evil.
Remind me not to go to that school, people keep dying there.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices