Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 28, 2012 7:44 PM

Sep 2009
prismheart said:
The chairman of Novumundus (the Earth organization with the Vox) is a lolita, and she is quite the character (I lol'd when she grabbed Madoka's breast when they first met).

I love Asteria's character as well, especially the way she told Lan that her signature "woof" was a common earth greeting while teaching her earth customs. (Although it will be awfully sad if she ceases to do so in the coming episodes)

Anyway, I am upset by the lack of fighting in this -mecha- anime, but it still is very good in other aspects.

I wrote a complete review of this episode on my blog ^.^
Feb 28, 2012 7:45 PM

May 2011
Cute loli chairman is winnn. Episode was pretty funny, laughed quite a bit. Lmao now we know where Lan's wan came from, well played Asteria. Haha at her just sexually harassing Madoka randomly, loved it when she slammed her head in surprise and ended up with tearing eyes. Loli chairman also made Array dress up as a maid, she's just got great ideas all over the place. Tbh I didn't even notice that was Array. Was fun to watch Muginami harassing/ teasing Lan too.

Hmm... Moid. Next episode looks like its gunna be pretty funny too.
Feb 28, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2011
What I love about this anime is that it manages to weave in comic relief with a very serious underlying plotline...

Asteria is just adorable and evil at the same time :D
Feb 29, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
Onyxthegreat said:
Well, I guess it won't be long before the ban on using Aura is lifted. Once they need her more than ever that is. That Moid is really up to something too. I don't think his boss wants to use the Vox's for something good.

I think the boss (Asteria) wants to use them for good, hence why they didn't hand them over to Villagulio, but I believe that Moid is with some type of Cult right under her/Novumundus' noses.

Either way, I love how more of the dark plot line is unveiled each episode, without spoiling the bright mood. I wonder what the second half will be like...
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 29, 2012 10:28 AM

Jan 2011
Moid is going to be a bad guy, I hope I'll get to see his face when he's angry, because I can't imagine it myself.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 29, 2012 4:42 PM
Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Token loli makes her appearance. Disappointing to see them just inserting lolis in the show just to appease the lolicons. First Aquarion, and now Lagrange.

Add to this some out of character crossdressing, presumably for similar fetishistic reasons (it was neither that funny nor did it make any sense in terms of plot or characters).

Although I am not bothered by these things, I thought this would be more of a 'friendship' anime rather than 'friendship, but with sexual undercurrents and by the way let's cram in as many fetishes as possible' anime.
Feb 29, 2012 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
TheAnaBanana said:
so damn heartwarming

Yes. Lovely and informative episode. And that Moid.....
Feb 29, 2012 10:49 PM
Oct 2010
Adair said:
What I love about this anime is that it manages to weave in comic relief with a very serious underlying plotline...

This is a general feature of anime directed by Satou Tatsuo. His anime almost always involve very talented young people who are thrown into serious situations but manage to keep an optimistic and cheerful atmosphere with their energy and spirit. If you want some other anime of this sort by the same director, I recommend Stellvia of the Universe; if Rinne and Mouretsu Pirates are both in your favorites, it would not be surprising if Stellvia found its way up there as well.
Mar 1, 2012 1:39 AM

Oct 2010
hentai_proxy said:
Adair said:

This is a general feature of anime directed by Satou Tatsuo. His anime almost always involve very talented young people who are thrown into serious situations but manage to keep an optimistic and cheerful atmosphere with their energy and spirit. If you want some other anime of this sort by the same director, I recommend Stellvia of the Universe; if Rinne and Mouretsu Pirates are both in your favorites, it would not be surprising if Stellvia found its way up there as well.
He also did Shigofumi whom I found as enticing in its genre as this is. Basquash also was like that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 1, 2012 3:19 AM

Apr 2011
Nice Top gun reference. :)
MagitoMar 1, 2012 3:28 AM
Mar 1, 2012 6:34 AM

May 2011
Magito said:
Nice Top gun reference. :)

Yeah i saw that on animesuki. Great mashup. I'm glad there's enough older anime fans that noticed the top gun reference right away.

Mar 1, 2012 11:27 AM

Jun 2008
Poor Lan got her world crushed by learning that "wan" was a lie.
Mar 2, 2012 1:27 AM

Jul 2011
Quite a few interesting developments in this episode. The Voxs' almost destroyed the planet 20,000 years ago which caused the warring factions to leave and make a treaty to preserve earth as a neutral territory. Can't wait for more light to be shed on that subject.

So far that ancient artifact seems to be the only record of that time. I can only assume that by "cutting ties" to earth they also did their best to hide their existence in history. Otherwise i would find it odd that civilizations that are technologically and intellectually advanced enough to create the Voxs, space ships ect would use such a crude method of recording data.

Also don't worry Lan, Madoka is still there for you.

A lot of male leads can learn so much from Madoka. She has pretty much cemented her pimp status and its only matter of how much more of a G can she be. Muginami has gone from strength to strength, i love her teasing of Lan, her bluntness is hilarious.
Mar 2, 2012 8:15 AM

Oct 2011
ImagineThat said:

"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 10, 2012 8:49 PM

Apr 2008
Such a contrast between the lulz and the seriousness this time. Don't worry Lan, the wan isn't a lie as long as you believe in it in you heart.

Really hoping Madoka's grounding gets resolved in time for whatever Vox-napping is about to take place. I can't really imagine how they'd get them back after the theft.

And oh god the second I saw that maid I thought it was going to turn out that way. The representative sure has no fucks to give about her decisions.
Mar 19, 2012 8:47 PM

Aug 2010
Madoka pimpin all over this ep
Mar 25, 2012 5:14 AM

Dec 2010
My yuri senses are tingling! The heck?!

Chairman groped Madoka and commented on Madoka then talked about her being good for scissors?! Like little miss Chairman doesn't mind scissoring with Madoka LMAO. Ummmmm. Then later on the episode she also gropes Madoka's butt. Oh yeah....this episode had a lot of information but I was really distracted.
Mika_InamoriMar 25, 2012 5:33 AM
Apr 30, 2012 4:53 PM

Apr 2007
gawd Array really is dressed like a meido lol. I almost couldn't believe it when his chara pic was recently uploaded.

This show, man, this show. Always having a bit of fun~~
Oct 24, 2012 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Hm, after the explanations are starting to come into light, I'm beginning to like this a little less. The explanations just doesn't seem as solid or as scary as they were made out to be; the Vox Legend, for example. Lan was going on and on about how scared she was, so basically I was expecting this grand story, and it was just the same three sentences we've heard countless of times before: the green demon will devour the heavens, the blue demon bla bla bla.

Also, there is a little too much moe about Lan and Megamuni for my liking.
Dec 29, 2012 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
A lolita has appeared!
Apr 20, 2013 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
if im hearing the legend correctly doesnt it mean all 3 are dangers why just ground madoka
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
May 1, 2013 7:21 AM

Mar 2010
Not bad so far.
Feb 22, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2012
gaawd damn blue eyes loli's

=3=
Jun 17, 2014 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
A (forced) cross-dresser can't be bad, hence I believe Giuvigiuvi and his (who was forced to be with him) gang aren't bad. Looks like Moid and Lan's brothers are the real bad guys.
xcheeJun 17, 2014 1:37 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 13, 2015 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
I knew Moid was the enemy...then again it was pretty obvious.
Jun 19, 2015 8:03 AM

Jun 2013
I simply cant handle how cute this show is :)
Apr 22, 2016 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
Asteria grabs Madoka's breast and says she would be good for scissoring. WTF? She and her sexual harassment kind of rub me the wrong way.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 29, 2019 9:44 PM
Sep 2018
OK, so my speculations were and weren't on the money.

Earth wasn't a colony planet, it was the home planet.
But, yes, all the "aliens" are the descendants of ex-pats.
Haven't seen a single non-human so far.

The Vox were indeed left over from the previous conflict.

Always Creepily Smiling Guy has an agenda distinct from that stated publicly; does seem to represent a "bad" faction.
Which appears to be headed by... Lan's older brother.

Scruffy Former Prince Guy.
On a light/dark scale, more toward the light than the dark.
But... still has a desire to use the Vox for something, somewhere.

In regard to The Maid...
Man, apparently some of you were real slow.
As soon as I saw "her", my comment was "It's a trap!"
A pseudo-trap, actually, as it's not by his choice, but still, I had no question about it's being a guy.

Asteria.
Has to be made of collapsed matter, the amount of weight she was throwing around!
Just how long has her family been aware of Earth's past?

The Boycott.
Did _not_ take me by surprise.
Precisely how they did it, yes, but that it would occur, no, that was inevitable.
The resolution?
I can see that.
It does fall in line with Madoka's character.

I'd wondered just how Lan came to think "Woof!" (I'm viewing with subs) was a greeting, now we know.
Asteria is Eville...
Now, will Lan develop a truly threatening "Woof!" to use the next time she meets Asteria?

Asteria meeting with Scruffy Former Prince Guy and The Lads.
Hey, she's trying to keep Earth from being a battlefield and having the Voxes get out of control, of course she's going to talk to all sides amongst the ex-pat factions!
She doesn't owe any loyalty to anyone off planet, so none can call it treason.

Still don't know what caused the falling out between Le Garite and De Metrio, but it sure looks like Creepy Smiley Guy's faction was a major player in things going that way.
There's something they desire to occur that De Metrio considers a "bad thing", and it involves Voxes going out of control...
At least, that's my guess.

Does De Metrio even exist as a separate polity any more?
Is KISS comprised of Resistance Fighters against Le Garite's occupation?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Feb 19, 2012

76 by martiantarhead »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:52 AM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 25, 2012

118 by Hyperdude144 »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 18, 2012

61 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 28, 2020 3:25 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 11, 2012

52 by TheBigGuy »»
Nov 22, 2020 2:01 PM

Poll: » Rinne no Lagrange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

80 by Yuri-Crusader »»
Jun 16, 2020 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.