Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 7, 2012 8:40 PM

Aug 2010
The start was so-so but the ending was great. The battle was awesome and it was pretty touching at the very end.
Mar 7, 2012 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
The recap was unnecessarily long. The latter half was alright. It followed the same formula as the two seasons, though this ending didn't feel quite as satisfying. Still an entertaining watch as usual.
Mar 7, 2012 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
HauntingShock said:
Pichu1997 said:
Where could I find this movie, I've been looking for it for about 1 month now.
My torrents are acting up and I cant do anything about it.
Also, I understand Japanese so it doesn't have to be subbed...
Please Help me. Thanks.

Here's the link for it:
http://www.gogoanime.com/sora-no-otoshimono-tokeijikake-movie

Mar 7, 2012 9:59 PM
Aug 2010
I'm not sure why they changed the ending compared to the manga....but I still liked it.

What I DIDN'T LIKE was the first 40 minutes which were basically a recap of the first two seasons.

Overall, I thought the ending was nice, the animation was superb and I'm glad that we saw the Hiyori arc animated.

8/10

Mar 7, 2012 10:07 PM

Apr 2011
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 8, 2012 12:33 AM

Apr 2010
I thought the movie was great but I think it was given a little too much drama. The movie didn't have much of Tomoki's perverted antics rather too much of the drama with Hiyori with may have created maybe a little of a tear jerker.
Mar 8, 2012 12:55 AM

Mar 2010
VERY mixed feelings about this. It's a GREAT movie if u know NOTHING about SnO. If u at least know the anime still pretty good, even though ur gonna be bored as hell the first 40 min. And if ur a fan of the manga, it's still enjoyable, and that's the main thing u want from a movie, but by the end you'll be going "WTF!?!?". My 2 problems with the movie, ignoring the Hiyori ending thing, was they didn't have the train or Nymph and Ikaros' maid scene that was in the trailer in the movie. Not that big of a deal since it wasn't important to the plot and it could show up in season 3 hopefully. But my biggest complaint would have 2 be...

OrochiPL said:
Nymph's rather big character devlopment was reduced to minimum in this movie, not to mention she didn't end up using Aphrodite on Hiyori

They left out one of the best scenes the whole Hiyori arc, not to mention it foreshadowed some important things down the road. All and all, it was an decent movie............ but I SOOOOOOOOOO wanted to see Nymph's big scene animated T_T
Mar 8, 2012 2:30 AM

Jan 2011
Was good but that 40min Recap made this feel less like a movie and more of longer episode for Hiyori arc All i can say is My body is ready for season 3
Mar 8, 2012 3:31 AM

Jul 2010
good movie i would give it a 9 if it not recap 8/10
Mar 8, 2012 3:41 AM

May 2010
Thanks to the recap since I have a bad memory :3
I give it a 9/10. Suteki.
Mar 8, 2012 8:52 AM

May 2009
Waste of tome movie, and yeah, she doesn't die in the manga, rather she goes to school as an angeloid and gives up on Sakurai (which is a shame imo(why does the best girls always lose?))

I give it a 7\10 which is good for a re-cap movie.
Mar 8, 2012 9:30 AM
Jul 2009
Blaz said:
Waste of tome movie, and yeah, she doesn't die in the manga, rather she goes to school as an angeloid and gives up on Sakurai (which is a shame imo(why does the best girls always lose?))

I give it a 710 which is good for a re-cap movie.

I'm happy to know she doesn't die in the manga, if they ever did do a season 3 I wouldn't want her erased from it ...

Overall I didn't mind the recap showing it from Hiyori's point of view and how she fit it to everything, it certainly had more of an impact in the end since it slowly grew the character on us opposed to like some 5 minute backstory that basically summarizes her being there the entire time.

Hiyori definitely grew on me and was defined to me as basically that hardworking girl with a pure love, despite Tomoki's lewd actions with his friends she sees what Tomoki really is much like the rest of his freaking harem :p So hearing that she gives up on him in the manga is a real shame but then again it would definately hurt much more to see her crying and sadden to lose to Ikaros in the end (on that note I feel sorry for Nymph as well, Sonohara not much as they didn't build her affection enough to me ... we know its there and that hers is probably just as pure as everyone elses but knowing her "dreams" from a previous episode or kinky loving and that fact shes there to inflict major physical pain to Tomoki just about every episode just loses that focus that she likes him while they emphasize Ikaros and Nymphs more (I could have forgotten major episodes with her though, its been a while).

In the end I loved the movie, Ill give it an 8/10 because I'm a sucker for anything that can almost bring tears to my eyes when she disappears (at that time I didnt know she could possibly be back in the manga), ridding out a character that just built on to you hurts sensitive people like me alot ;-; The reason it doesn't have a full score is because they recapped a bit too much (it seems to be a typical complaint) and that they didn't stay true to the manga.
Mar 8, 2012 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
AIC, why do you screw with this story? All you had to do was adapt chapters 34 to 40. More than enough for a full movie and with good resolution. But you just had to fuck with it.
Contrary to what other say here there was so much more changed in this movie and it was not necessary. You try to shoehorn Hiyori in by recapping the entire two seasons. Having Hiyori met Tomoki as children. Then you omit important character devolopment and you change the death scene? Things are now far too melodramatic. Nymph's line should be "Hiyori isn't the only one who isn't real" not "The world around you isn't real" Big misunderstanding there. But changing Hiyori's powers to time? What?! Was weather control not epic enough for you?! Christ...

I am surprised the response is so positive so far here.
AidanAK47Mar 8, 2012 9:50 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 8, 2012 9:56 AM

May 2011
i really enjoyed that but the manga version seemed more longer although the first hour was just clips from that girls veiw
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Mar 8, 2012 10:03 AM

Jan 2008
Hmm seems like she came back after the credits.
Mar 8, 2012 12:41 PM
Mar 2011
If I haven't yet read the manga, I would be very impressed with the animation and story. Having read the manga though, I gotta give AIC A.S.T.A. credit in creating noticeable plot differences to freshen things up. Though, as many have stated, Nymph's character development was watered down heavily; I hope this get addressed in S3.

Besides that, events proceeding Kazane's death is not as impactful as it is in the manga, where Kazane died in front of Sakurai, thereby shocking him. And the fact that Sakurai is being considerate to Nymph by pretending to have forgotten about Kazane. I believe this is one of the scenes that should've been kept intact for both Sakurai's and Nymph's character development.

In the end, though, they implied that Kazane managed to return to Sorami, hope she'll often appear in S3. Who doesn't like her now eh? Also, the fact that she accepted Sakurai's perverseness adds color to her personality (side chara -> main chara?), which I hope to see in S3.

8/10.
Mar 8, 2012 7:09 PM

Jul 2010
Nice movie even though half of it was recaps. Hope to see more of Hiyori in S3 since it's implied she returned.
Mar 8, 2012 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed the movie. Gave it a 9/10. I was surprised that the movie had a somewhat sadder ending (Hiyori not really being saved), but I guess they did it to balance out the fact that they "saved" Chaos in the anime and that didn't really happen in the manga. But as some people said in this thread, the bit after the credits did kind of hint that she may return.
I went and skimmed over the Hiyori arc in the manga, and I had forgotten that Nymph powers up. Now I'm kind of pissed that that part wasn't included. It's Nymph! And I could've done without the ~40 minutes of recap at the beginning. But that aside, it was still a good movie to me.

So, now that I've seen the movie... I guess the maid bits from the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB46ZC3aG5U&feature=player_embedded) are from S3? Because they show a bit in a train, too, and I think I remember that from some of the more recent manga. Also, my profile pic (http://i39.tinypic.com/14ies20.jpg) was absent from the movie, so S3 as well? Or did I miss some short OVA or whatever?
Mar 8, 2012 10:04 PM

Mar 2011
Courtesy of Paul
Mar 8, 2012 11:44 PM

Apr 2008
Dat Recap.

Op time powers.

GG angel douchebag strikes again.
Mar 9, 2012 3:16 AM

Jul 2008
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AIC!?

I could barely remember what happened in the manga, but the feeling I had reading it still remains in me. THIS WAS NOT HOW I FELT! I had to re-read the arc after to see what exactly went wrong. They changed quite a handful of detail that I noticed making it less epic than the manga counterpart. How the "accident" happened, How Hiyori was defeated and how the arc ended are a few of the changes I didn't like. This must be because S2 messed up by putting Chaos's arc first before Hiyori's. Also... If I remember the end of S2, I think they mixed the battle in Hiyori arc and Chaos herself, instead of Hiyori, it was Chaos that they defeated using Nymph's Aphrodite. This must be the reason why Hiyori's power changed to time manipulation. Oh and... that recap part. It was too long, that should have lasted at most 15 mins and they should have filled it up with the few chapters in between the arc that they skipped in the movie. Like everyone getting jealous of Hiyori liking Tomoki.

Though... despite me complaining. I'm not saying the movie wasn't good. I just couldn't accept the fact that it didn't live up to how great the manga portrayed Hiyori's arc. I mean.... I FUCKING LOVED HIYORI ARC OF THE MANGA! IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I SHED MANLY TEARS READING A MANGA!

7/10
alpha69Mar 9, 2012 3:19 AM
Mar 9, 2012 7:58 AM
Nov 2010
Dear manga readers, please don't get upset if a certain studio changed some stuff, even if it's important. I know how it feels but still, it's annoying. It's better to treat an anime adaption as a wholly different entity from the original source. That way, you'll not get your hopes up and accept whatever happens in the anime.

As for the movie, the first half (recap) is well done but the moment Hiyori died everything felt rushed. Well, that's what you get for it being a movie. Putting that aside, the ending was sad, I shed manly tears.

Meh, 10/10
Mar 9, 2012 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
So instead of the pipes story, fly story, little tomokis story, maid outfits, Aphrodite activation, the kiss, coherent plot and character development they make half of movie of flashbacks and fillers and rest of whatever the over dramatized hell it was. If it wasn't for two already bad season I'd say I'm really disappointed.

Why even call it Sora no Otoshimono? Name it some other way and leave the place for an actual adaptation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 9, 2012 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
The movie was ok up to last 30 minutes. At least half the movie was flashbacks depicting events that happened in its two seasons.

All in all. Great movie! Hiyori was quite cute and it made me cry after she died.
Mar 10, 2012 7:17 AM

Feb 2010
Hiyori ;__; ..manly tears were shed.

Great movie & now I'm all fired up for the 3rd Season!
Mar 10, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Gotta say I was bored as hell until the last 30 minutes, and even then I kinda felt like it was too late. The fight scene was pretty good though. Bittersweet ending was interesting as well. I'm probably of an unpopular opinion, but Kazune was pretty, but I honestly wanted to slap her. She was annoying until around the end.

Decent movie. Hoping season 3 is better (I gotta get to reading the manga!)
Mar 10, 2012 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
Well, if only there wasn't that long recap with one extra girl.. ^^
Mar 10, 2012 4:58 PM
May 2008
My question might be stupid.
If I remember correctly, right in the first episode Ikaros said, that Tomoki can wish for anything.
So my point is...can't he just make a wish, so Hiyori is alive again ? (which, I believe, she is)
Or, can't he make a wish, like, erase that god-complex guy(Lockon Stratos in the sky) ?
Mar 10, 2012 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
As someone who has been slowly but surely converted into a fan of the anime, I have to say I absolutely loathe this movie.

No, I haven't read the manga, but I don't need to to recognize poorly made shit. The 40 minute recap was annoying. I read there's gonna be one so I was prepared, but if you really must do a recap, then do one that actually explains what happened so far, not just throw in random scenes. After that tiresome exercise, the real story was even worse. Sorry, let me rephrase that: what story?

We got this (slightly annoying) new girl who we barely get to know but we are already supposed to love her, shit gets random, Nymph's character development that started in s2 gets reverted and she's turned into a needy jealous bitch. Did I mention there was almost no humor in this? The fight is boring and nonsensical but at least we got Mr Evil Angel as the narrator.

Implosion, "I'll never forget her", credit roll. Well f**k you too! 4/10
Mar 11, 2012 6:09 AM

May 2008
loved the movie was awesome 10/10 probably have to read the manga to see what was so different!

can't wait for season3 !!
Mar 11, 2012 7:18 AM

Nov 2008
Being a big SnO fan i loved this movie, even tho the first half was recaps it was awesome and reminded me how much i loved the first and second season. even though im currently reading the manga...im going to have to re-read to see what they threw out, as much as i love SnO my memory is pretty shit.
haters gonna hate

Where the fuck is my nymph in a maid outfit?
Mar 11, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome like always, now cant wait for season 3 :x
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Mar 11, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
Awesome like always, now cant wait for season 3 :x
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Mar 12, 2012 8:42 AM

Feb 2011
Season 3 next huh?
Mar 12, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2008
Just finished it, well you can obviously tell she still alive with the scenes after the credits.
Mar 13, 2012 4:07 AM

Oct 2011
Yup, bring on Season 3!
Mar 13, 2012 11:57 AM
May 2011
maybe someone can help me out. I tried to watch this today but it seems like it's just repearting previous scenes.

In the first 20min segment I saw the flying panties scene again, and I swore I've already seen parts of this before. I already know the story about the girl because I read up on it, maybe that's why.

I'm looking forward to watching it tonight. Getting in the proper mo\od right now. Does anyone know of a good sub for this?
ダヴェ ______ 謝オン
Mar 13, 2012 12:12 PM

Oct 2010
I just know this movie pissed me the hell off. I liked Kazane but im glad the ending wasnt predictable. Tragedies are always better.
Mar 13, 2012 12:14 PM
May 2011
bonifide said:
I just know this movie pissed me the hell off. I liked Kazane but im glad the ending wasnt predictable. Tragedies are always better.
I knew what was coming from the manga, but I see a lot of people really bent out of shape over the ending.

ダヴェ ______ 謝オン
Mar 13, 2012 12:28 PM

Sep 2010
Pleasant surprise, read alot of bashing of it stating it was nothing more than a recap of the story so far. Admittedly it did incorporate alot of previous events, but it still told it´s own side of it.
Liked the arc overall in the manga, but indeed i liked the resolution the movie offered better. Best or BEST girl.
9/10
Mar 13, 2012 11:44 PM
May 2011
Well I had to settle for downloading a lower quality, but that was still petty of me to complain that the hd isn't hd enough so whatever.

However, the movie was bad. I was very disappointed. The fight scene should have been longer. I wanted a fight that made me feel the way I did when I first saw Ikaros connect through the sky to the Uranus Queen , that was epic.

something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc9eZsfk_H4
ダヴェ ______ 謝オン
Mar 15, 2012 4:43 AM

Dec 2011
It really did come off as 50% clip show, 50% new episode. Don't get me wrong, I think the series is amazing, and the movie was good, but there should've been more time so that the climax didn't feel too rushed. I never thought there would be a third series so I'm pretty stoked.

The funniest part was the flash back of water-tomoki tossing nymph out of the pool.
Mar 16, 2012 2:41 AM
Jul 2009
at the very end, when tomoki is standing at his and hiyori's secret place and feathers fall down, what or who is that?
Mar 17, 2012 7:34 AM
Apr 2010
About Tomoki:

Seeing as he's able to resist the 'memory erasing' the Synapse uses, he collapses as Nymph says that the world isn't real and he's also able to be the 'master' of the angeloids, could it be that he's an angel like those guys in the Synapse (as he's able to be a 'master') and that he's in the same kind of container Hiyori was in (see start of the post)?
Mar 17, 2012 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
orikas said:
at the very end, when tomoki is standing at his and hiyori's secret place and feathers fall down, what or who is that?

Did you not hear the bell? Also the fact that she reappeared in the picture. In the end, all works fine for S3.
Mar 19, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
It's so cruel. I hate what the producer did - retold the story from her point of view, built a lot of bonding time with the character - only to kill her off. Oh, it's too cruel. But what a brilliant story. What a beautiful character.

9/10

But man, she really does put shame to the rest of the girls (except Icarus). After reading the manga, it's a shame that she gets
So personally, killing her off gives this movie a bigger impact. And it's better for Hyori to be wiped as a main character, as opposed to
Because seriously, she's one of my favourite characters and what the manga does makes me a bit sad.
KurogashiMar 19, 2012 8:31 PM
Mar 22, 2012 6:09 AM

Aug 2009
Hiyori is an amazing character. I truly sympathized with her.
Mar 24, 2012 3:22 PM

Jun 2010
The movie is BAD. REALLY BAD. I kind of like the series, at least the serious chapters are really good, but what did the movie do?

The first half of the movie was a waste of time. I know people who don't know the series may watch it but they could've (and should've) made the recap more interesting and waaay shorter.

I really enjoyed the manga arc. Therefore I'm all the more pissed that the movie creates its own version of it and much much worse one at that.

Shame on you, movie! Shame. On. You!
The biggest difference is obviously that they killed off Hiyori.
Yes. Yes, the killed her off.
You know what credits mean? They mean the movie's over. Everything important has been shown already, you can go out of the cinema, nothing is going to happen. The credits roll, the movie's over. THE MOVIE'S OVER! Therefore Hiyori was KILLED.
And it was such a bad death, movie-wise and plot-wise. Just exploded. Not while protecting anybody, not while giving somebody the time to defeat the evil boss, not even in the arms of Tomoki or whatever. Just exploded.
Tomoki:"I'll save you".
Hiyori: "No you won't I love you"- KABOOM.
That's what happened.
And about her coming back to life (which DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE MOVIE) - Deus ex machina at its worst.

Antanaru said:
Why even call it Sora no Otoshimono? Name it some other way and leave the place for an actual adaptation.

EX-F**ING-ACTLY!!
ewormMar 24, 2012 3:26 PM
Mar 27, 2012 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
Adding a new character when they haven't done anything with Astraea was unnecessary. Flesh out the characters in the harem first before adding a new one. Anything Hiyori added to the plot could have been done by Sohara and wouldn't have required half the movie to be a recap. Tomoki already has one childhood friend who has a crush on him. The only difference is tsundere versus shy girl, and shy girls don't wear tiny skirts. It would have been a far braver choice to have Sohara turn into an angeliod and had far more impact to have lost her. And make her a farmer too because teaching Ikaros to grow watermelons was cute. I haven't read the manga so I don't know if Hiyori has any actual importance. Now don't get me wrong Youko Hikasa is a brilliant voice actor who did a superb job. My only gripe is with the harem becoming too big with characters stepping on each others roles. I hope season 3 is Astraea and Mikako getting their turn the the spotlight.
Apr 8, 2012 12:04 PM

May 2011
This was highly anticipated and it didn't disappoint. It was pretty nice they showed us Hiyori's point of view on the events that happened in the first 2 seasons. Love the way they showed her character in this too. And they did a real nice job showing the happy moments when Hiyori finally joins the group. So nice to watch. I hope those last few moments with the feather and photos mean that she comes back fine...

ZeroZxApr 8, 2012 12:22 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» i want to share with u something ^_^

Idanluz22 - Sep 5, 2014

3 by PzKpfw_VI_Tiger »»
Sep 14, 2019 7:09 AM

» The ending was completely different...

Scootboi - Dec 21, 2013

4 by RX-chan »»
Apr 1, 2019 2:50 PM

» I don't get why it's R 17 on MAL

removed-user - Jan 8, 2018

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 8, 2018 1:23 PM

» After finishing sora no otoshimono first movie, what manga chapter should i read from?

guhthix - Apr 17, 2015

8 by Altairius »»
Apr 17, 2015 7:18 PM

» Another new movie?!

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

2 by Verzweif »»
Oct 23, 2013 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.