Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2012 3:08 AM

Feb 2012
some might think that gintama dont have a main story or goal right at the beginning...

but i think its good for gintama..having no goal ending means it can be a thousand ep only need good and super funny story and epic arcs to come up with...
(thats only my opinion)
unlike for example Naruto..if he becomes hokage then what? its not even sure if he's going to become one anyway ..it still depends on the author..so having main story/ goal isnt a huge advantage

and..
why do many people pair okita and kagura (even if their age is kinda close..any guy kagura will end up she's still the younger one)...
from what i can see kagura is too fond of gintoki more than any guy in the series she's almost a mini gintoki ..(they really get along very well) and kagura is sad and cry a few times for gintoki (than anyone)
of course its not love yet but can be develop in some kind of epic or after a few years arc .. "family" is only what she can call him..but she dont treat him as a father or bother ..well gintoki sees her as a kid but that can be change..after all there are mangas that have age gap
again this is only my point of view..i know there no major romance in gintama ..there is no romance genre on it in the beginning..but i cant deny im interested in ginxkagur pairing especially age gap genre bec its unique and im bored with many normal shoujo/seinen mangas
like kagura father said "now i know why kagura like you" meaning she "like" in a way ..(im not pointing out thats love but more like something attracting her to gintoki)

anyway my ginzabeth avater is full of win..finally found one..click my username to see a bigger one if you like..look at at trademark hair and dead eyes *stare*
lordmaster316Feb 26, 2012 4:54 AM
Feb 26, 2012 10:26 AM

Nov 2009
hmm, before i only knew gintama and then lately i've seen gintama'.
so i think gintama consist of season 1-4 each about 50 episodes.
and the gintama' is the continuation of it so i assumed it as the season 5.

but now i read about yorinuki gintama somewhere, i wonder what is that
and if there any group do the sub of it because if it's real...

can i asssume it as the 5th and the gintama' as the 6th installment of this series?
anyone pls give me a clearer and thorough explanation... pretty pls?
thanks...
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Feb 26, 2012 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
lordmaster316 said:
some might think that gintama dont have a main story or goal right at the beginning...

but i think its good for gintama..having no goal ending means it can be a thousand ep only need good and super funny story and epic arcs to come up with... (thats only my opinion)

There actually is a plot within all these mini plots. I'm assuming the series will end when they finish everything between Gintoki and Takasugi Shinsuke as well as Kamui and Kagura which will probably be during the same arc since it seems as they've join forces... no? But it'll probably a long while til something happens.

lordmaster316 said:

and.. why do many people pair okita and kagura

Because Kagura can be very sadistic at times, which Okita is hardcore sadist. With episode 246~7, you can probably find pairings with him and Nobume, another sadist. Though it's usually a S+M combination, the only masochist character I can think of would be Kondo but hes a guy and already has his stalking Otae.

GuyFreakz said:

can i asssume it as the 5th and the gintama' as the 6th installment of this series?
thanks...

Yorinuki Gintama was just the original Gintama aired but in higher quality or HD, I can't remember if they only did certain episodes or redo the entire series.
PaulFeb 26, 2012 10:45 AM
Feb 26, 2012 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:
lordmaster316 said:

but i think its good for gintama..having no goal ending means it can be a thousand ep only need good and super funny story and epic arcs to come up with... (thats only my opinion)

There actually is a plot within all these mini plots. I'm assuming the series will end when they finish everything between Gintoki and Takasugi Shinsuke as well as Kamui and Kagura which will probably be during the same arc since it seems as they've join forces... no? But it'll probably a long while til something happens.

lordmaster316 said:

and.. why do many people pair okita and kagura

Because Kagura can be very sadistic at times, which Okita is hardcore sadist. With episode 246~7, you can probably find pairings with him and Nobume, another sadist. Though it's usually a S+M combination, the only masochist character I can think of would be Kondo but hes a guy and already has his stalking Otae.

GuyFreakz said:

thanks...

Yorinuki Gintama was just the original Gintama aired but in higher quality or HD, I can't remember if they only did certain episodes or redo the entire series.

oh yeah...i forgotten about him since he dont appear that much...
Takasugi Shinsuke can be the real final enemy..and i think they joined forces too...

its a very low chance that the ending will be ..all amanto will leave..maybe they will beat the amanto this time. ..but its only 3/10 chance that will be final goal...

i guess people think so simple bec. okita and kagura ang both sadist so what...
well gintoki can be a sadist sometimes too..but he's too lazy..

i agree S+M is a good combination..but kagura is like a normal girl when she's with gintoki since he can handle her if he really tries..
Feb 26, 2012 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
Its hard to say if Gintama will end after the big war with Takasugi. The way Gintama is set up it could go on for a very very long time. suppose they do defeat Takasugi its not set in stone that there will not be a new main antagonist after that. Its been done in other anime so its not outside the realm of possibility. Also at the end of the first 201 episodes the director said "Gintama isnt over, It hasnt even began" so im hoping this means it will have hundreds of more episodes with multiple main antagonists.

and I think Okita x Kagura is a great match. cant really explain why but whenever it shows them together in episodes they seem to go really well with each other. also since Okita is closest to Kaguras age and they even said in the anime that no one ages in Gintama lol. I think Kagura looks up to Gintoki like an older brother figure nothing more than that.
Feb 27, 2012 3:00 AM

Feb 2012
Fuzzx said:
Its hard to say if Gintama will end after the big war with Takasugi. The way Gintama is set up it could go on for a very very long time. suppose they do defeat Takasugi its not set in stone that there will not be a new main antagonist after that. Its been done in other anime so its not outside the realm of possibility. Also at the end of the first 201 episodes the director said "Gintama isnt over, It hasnt even began" so im hoping this means it will have hundreds of more episodes with multiple main antagonists.

and I think Okita x Kagura is a great match. cant really explain why but whenever it shows them together in episodes they seem to go really well with each other. also since Okita is closest to Kaguras age and they even said in the anime that no one ages in Gintama lol. I think Kagura looks up to Gintoki like an older brother figure nothing more than that.

thats true...i dont mind if gintama have 500-1000+ ep and villains as long as its always makes me laugh til my stomach hurt like shogun's ep
and like i said epic arcs with epic fights...

IT DOESNT MATTER IF I WILL SPEND MY WHOLE LIFE WATCHING GINTAMA UNTIL I DIE

i think okita and kagura is a great match as sibling..thats what i see...sibling to fight alot .. resembling them ..okita is better than her brother ...i dont mind what u think but why kagura dont call gintoki oni-san/chan like other young characters do even if theyre not really related
kagura saying oni-chan suits her btw..its not weird
lordmaster316Feb 27, 2012 3:06 AM
Mar 1, 2012 1:30 PM

May 2011
that is true, i agree it would definitely suit her character. but in a way that would kind of weird me out. cant explain y but it just would XD. not to mention ive never heard a kugierie character refer to any1 as oni-chan, at least im sure i haven't anyways, feel free to correct me if im wrong XD

and ya i 100% on wanting this series to never end. they have the right set up for it, as long as they can keep production going and not do anything to get themselves thrown of the air then im sure itl last :D. thats another fear i have with gintama too is that they release something extreme that they end up losing their place on TV, but so far they've been able to manage o.O

also, just to throw it out there, im a big fan of okita x kagura, those 2 r just awesome ^^
altho l8ly ive been debating whether i want him with her or nobume. maybe okita x kagura x nobume... threesome baby!!!
Apr 7, 2017 6:12 AM
Oct 2016
lordmaster316 said:

but i think its good for gintama..having no goal ending means it can be a thousand ep only need good and super funny story and epic arcs to come up with...
(thats only my opinion)
unlike for example Naruto..if he becomes hokage then what? its not even sure if he's going to become one anyway ..it still depends on the author..so having main story/ goal isnt a huge advantage
and..
why do many people pair okita and kagura (even if their age is kinda close..any guy kagura will end up she's still the younger one)...
from what i can see kagura is too fond of gintoki more than any guy in the series she's almost a mini gintoki ..(they really get along very well) and kagura is sad and cry a few times for gintoki (than anyone)
of course its not love yet but can be develop in some kind of epic or after a few years arc .. "family" is only what she can call him..but she dont treat him as a father or bother ..well gintoki sees her as a kid but that can be change..after all there are mangas that have age gap
again this is only my point of view..i know there no major romance in gintama ..there is no romance genre on it in the beginning..but i cant deny im interested in ginxkagur pairing especially age gap genre bec its unique and im bored with many normal shoujo/seinen mangas
like kagura father said "now i know why kagura like you" meaning she "like" in a way ..(im not pointing out thats love but more like something attracting her to gintoki)

anyway my ginzabeth avater is full of win..finally found one..click my username to see a bigger one if you like..look at at trademark hair and dead eyes *stare*

People (including me) ship Kagura and Okita because they are so similar themselves, both being sadists and possible tsundere's. There are scenes of which I fangirl too, like teh bit Okita saved Kagura when she nearly fell of a cliff. The two are my favourite ship!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Aug 19, 2009

98 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 14, 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.