Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2012 4:17 PM

Nov 2011

Official JP website: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Official NA Website: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/pokemon-black-and-white-2/#en-us/home

Release Dates:
JP: June 23, 2012 (Released)
USA: October 7th, 2012 (Next Sunday)
PAL: October 12th, 2012 (Next Next Friday)

Trailers/Promos:
Animated Promo:

Teaser:

June Trailer:

July Trailer:

August Trailer:

TV Commercials:

BeedlebudSep 25, 2012 7:57 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2012 4:40 PM

Apr 2010
Direct sequel as opposed to just slight enhancements? Title seems to suggest that anyways. I could see N make a return.
Feb 25, 2012 4:42 PM

Nov 2007
So they took the same general dragon, slapped some Kyurem parts on it, colored it black and white, then called it a day.
Feb 25, 2012 4:51 PM

Jun 2008
Looks like they fused with that Ice Dragon dude.

Finally ran out of names for these games eh? I doubt they're sequels.

They could've added an adjective like "Pitch Black" or something to emphasize these shades. As I recall I lost the motivation to finish the first one, so I'll probably just play these instead.
Feb 25, 2012 4:54 PM

Jun 2011
I'm still waiting for my R&S remakes, Gamefreak.
Feb 25, 2012 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
Time to get the DS and complete the first one.. >_>
Feb 25, 2012 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
I have to say I'm VERY interested in how they would do this.

If this indeed a sequel, they would need new protagonists. Also, I'm betting on an N return (but on YOU'RE side), Ghetsis return....and geez who knows what else? Anything is possible at the moment.
Feb 25, 2012 6:15 PM

Apr 2010
Serebii said:
Junichi Masuda has revealed the names of Kyurem's new forms via his Twitter account. The forms are simply called Black Kyurem & White Kyurem, though he interestingly lists them as seperate Pokémon

Really... now they look lame AND have a terribly boring name. So... does that mean black kyurem will be electric dragon? ice dragon still? electric ice?

Seems kind of an odd decision to go for this direct sequel approach... (no grey? my god). I wonder if they're just going to make us go through unova again platinum/emerald/crystal style... or if its going to be a completely different character thingy that takes place after the original.

Not much to ponder though till they offer more info

Feb 25, 2012 6:22 PM

Mar 2009
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, GAMEFREAK.

Seriously though, I hope N comes back and works with you this time around. He was an interesting character with too few lines. :(
Feb 25, 2012 6:35 PM

Nov 2011
Keilis said:
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, GAMEFREAK.

Seriously though, I hope N comes back and works with you this time around. He was an interesting character with too few lines. :(

I don't think it was that he had too few lines, it was just...by the time the credits rolled.....you really didn't know a thing about him. His whole past is pretty much a mystery. But yes, I hope he returns in 2. He's by far my favorite in the series :D

Also of note:

Black Kyurem (Kyurem + Zekrom) is on Pokemon Black 2(Reshiram is on Pokemon Black)
White Kyurem (Kyurem + Reshiram) is on Pokemon White 2 (Zekrom is on Pokemon White)

Wonder why this is....?
Feb 25, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
HATCHA said:
Better than nothing that's for sure. Though I see a June release date for Japan, so I'ma guessing mid 2013 for the UK and US :(

Mmm....I can't see that happening. Black and White came out in Japan in September, and it came out in the US in March. That would be a 6 month difference. Considering the quick release date in June, I'm estimating it will come stateside in December at the latest (giving another 6 month difference between release dates.) Besides, I don't think Nintendo would want something released on the DS and not the 3DS that late.
Feb 25, 2012 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
leingodf8 said:

Seems kind of an odd decision to go for this direct sequel approach... (no grey? my god). I wonder if they're just going to make us go through unova again platinum/emerald/crystal style... or if its going to be a completely different character thingy that takes place after the original.

Not much to ponder though till they offer more info

Pretty sure they're going to do the former. That is, go through Unova with maybe some additional content.

I think people are expecting too much from Game Freaks. They had the same ideas for the past 4 gens (to make additional games within the same gen), and although we hoped there would actually be a decent story in B&W, that still was pretty much the same stuff we've been seeing all series long. It's slowly changing, but nothing dramatic happened really.
Feb 25, 2012 6:53 PM

Feb 2012
Game Freak had stated that there would be no Pokemon Grey; I'm just amazed that they followed through on that. That being said, the fact that this is being developed for a last-generation console (albeit one with a huge install base) seems to indicate that this a low-budget affair that might as well have been "Pokemon Grey."

IllegalCyrus said:
I'm still waiting for my R&S remakes, Gamefreak.

How long did you think they would keep up the "remake games from two generations ago" schtick? ^_^

HATCHA said:
Better than nothing that's for sure. Though I see a June release date for Japan, so I'ma guessing mid 2013 for the UK and US :(

Black and White only took 6 months. It's not inconceivable that they would try to get it out for the holidays.
Feb 25, 2012 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
Woo you get to play the same game for how many times now?
Ahh whatever enjoy Pokemon fans.
Feb 25, 2012 9:45 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder when they'll hit the 1k Pokemon mark. I think theyre halfway already, about 500? I think?

Either way I enjoyed the G&S and R&S games the most. I really liked HG&SS for the nostalgia factor, but I didn't find myself enjoying B&W too much.
Feb 26, 2012 12:22 AM

Nov 2006
They look like shit. Still going to import.
Feb 26, 2012 12:45 AM

May 2009
It's likely N will return, since he wants to protect the pokes.

It's quite possible that this fused pokemon will go beserk. Meaning that the region is in danger, including the pokes.
Feb 26, 2012 1:25 AM

Jul 2010
Game_Master said:
Time to get the DS and complete the first one.. >_>

Same here, I think I stopped playing after the third gym. >_<
Feb 26, 2012 4:58 AM

Jul 2009
This is a bit unexpected...seriously a direct sequel....and the Black and White Kyurem look like crap....I guess we can only hope for the best right? (after the evil demonic snow cone, I've stopped expecting mch from pokemon now a days)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2012 5:13 AM

Feb 2012
Denmark-Chan said:
This is a bit unexpected...seriously a direct sequel....and the Black and White Kyurem look like crap....I guess we can only hope for the best right? (after the evil demonic snow cone, I've stopped expecting mch from pokemon now a days)

To be honest, all of the mascot legendaries since G/S (Groudon/Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia, Reshiram/Zekrom) have looked terrible.
Feb 26, 2012 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Denmark-Chan said:

I love Vanillite. :D
Feb 26, 2012 5:54 AM

May 2009
I really love Gen 5, don't get the hate.
Feb 26, 2012 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
^You and me both. It may have ugly Pokemon here and there, but that's EVERY generation...I loved a lot of Pokemon in gen 5, and the ones I didn't instantly love I got used to. As usual.

I really hope this game's great, as B/W is my favorite Pokemon game.
Feb 26, 2012 9:11 AM

Apr 2007
windy said:
They look like shit.
Seriously.

Well guess I too should go finish White already. I haven't played in months .-.
Feb 26, 2012 11:08 AM

Jan 2010
I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Grey wouldn't be the next game. Really hoping these will be direct sequels taking place in a new region, or a new part of Unova. It'd be amazing if we're able to carry over our saves from B&W, though I see some difficulty in getting that to work. The fact that Zekrom is on Black and Reshiram is on White could imply we'll be able to capture the opposite legendaries if we are able to carry over our saves.

Either way, I'm excited for these games. The nostalgia factor may have been lacking in B&W, but I still enjoyed them for the compelling story.
Feb 26, 2012 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
happymaskman00 said:
It'd be amazing if we're able to carry over our saves from B&W, though I see some difficulty in getting that to work.

Not really, they did it already in B/W with the whole transferring guys from your D/P/P/HG/SS thing. Make a file with your team in it, and load it with the newer game.
Feb 26, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2009
I don't care how many times they rehash and remake Pokemon, I will always buy every new iteration of the series. So is this for the 3DS? Because then I must acquire a 3DS shortly.
Feb 26, 2012 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
Jrittmayer said:
I don't care how many times they rehash and remake Pokemon, I will always buy every new iteration of the series. So is this for the 3DS? Because then I must acquire a 3DS shortly.

For the DS, not the 3DS. If that seems like a goof-up on Nintendo's part, that's because it is, assuming they lost you as a 3DS customer because of it.
Feb 27, 2012 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
I wonder how much more transparent Pokemon's scam can get before it's fans actually figure it out.

They should just call this one "Pokemon: just give me your money" and it could have 1 new pokemon that basically just a recolored pikachu and people would still buy it.
JigeroFeb 27, 2012 3:00 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 27, 2012 7:48 AM

Oct 2011
What? Not for the 3DS? :O
Since I didn't even buy B/W I'll not even consider buying this....
I guess I'll just wait for the next generation...
I see dead people.
Feb 27, 2012 9:12 AM
Mar 2008
Jigero said:
They should just call this one "Pokemon: just give me your money" and it could have 1 new pokemon that basically just a recolored pikachu and people would still buy it.
Will it have a recolored pikachu? I'm sold!
Feb 27, 2012 9:36 AM

Feb 2012
Here's your recolored Pikachu:

Guaranteed 0.0122% of the time! (On a side note, that's probably the lamest shiny in the game...)
Feb 27, 2012 12:46 PM

Jun 2009
Looks like Grey is now fake and kicked to the curve due to this now.
Feb 27, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2006
leingodf8 said:
Not really, they did it already in B/W with the whole transferring guys from your D/P/P/HG/SS thing. Make a file with your team in it, and load it with the newer game.
What are you talking about?
Feb 27, 2012 3:39 PM

Jun 2009
Hakuromatsu said:
Jrittmayer said:

For the DS, not the 3DS. If that seems like a goof-up on Nintendo's part, that's because it is, assuming they lost you as a 3DS customer because of it.

I guess so, although I'm sure they have another Pokemon in the works for the 3DS. Maybe next year?
Feb 27, 2012 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
Milk milk milk the franchise until it can't take no more.
Feb 27, 2012 4:48 PM

Nov 2011
The Ruby/Sapphire remake will most likely take place on the 3DS. I pretty much expected this to be on the DS. If GF did it for 3DS, they would have to pretty much start from scratch....and they have an engine ready to go already for the DS. So...yeah makes sense. Not good for Nintendo on the 3DS, but I'm sure it'll still move 3DS units anyway by marketing for B/W2 alone.
Feb 27, 2012 6:26 PM

Feb 2005
Oh wow. So, what more? I do obviously expect a new areas and such. Since it is a sequel though rather than yet another colour, it would definitely be cool if you could continue with the same save, and then have a new story, some new areas and change some of the old places a bit.
Oh and make that damn airstrip useful, come on, it wouldn't be that hard to let you take a flight to another region would it? I definitely don't want the inevitable 3DS games to be remakes of RSE, so I'd rather they stick that on as a bonus here, that would be brilliant. And Also probably lessen the frustration from those dreary water routes with their innumerable tentacools.
Feb 27, 2012 10:15 PM

May 2009
But Tents are Cool. Bwahahaha!! *ahem*

I think pelipers were more annoying, just look at it.
Feb 28, 2012 1:46 PM

Nov 2006
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST
Feb 28, 2012 6:50 PM

Apr 2010
Shoryuuken said:

Oh common, how can you not love pelipper. Its a big goofy looking bird that has an eternal grin on its beak. It just wants to be your friend. Ok well... its a bit silly looking but there are a heck of a lot lamer looking pokemon out there. And at least pelipper and wingull added a little bit of variety to the mundanity that was the tentacool march from olivine to cinawood.
Feb 28, 2012 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
I thought most of the pokemon in Black and White looked like utter shit...so hopefully there are some new ones that look a little better, but judging from the pictures that is a negative...
Feb 28, 2012 8:57 PM

Feb 2012
Abbyrose said:
I thought most of the pokemon in Black and White looked like utter shit...so hopefully there are some new ones that look a little better, but judging from the pictures that is a negative...

It's because Ken Sugimori is washed-up and just plain out of ideas. There's a lot of artistic talent out there that's not being utilized.
Feb 29, 2012 1:09 AM

May 2009
windy said:
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Kill it with thunder!!
Sorry man, their stockpiling annoys the crap ot of me.
Feb 29, 2012 6:03 AM

Aug 2007
I can say this:I don't like too much the two new versions of Kyurem. Is like they combine reshiram and zekrom with Kyurem.
Feb 29, 2012 6:43 AM

May 2009
^ Well that is it supossed to be, the 3 dragons fused together.
Feb 29, 2012 8:09 AM

Feb 2005
It was surprising that they made two of them though, I'd expect one ultimate collection with all three. I mean, they represented ideal and truth, right, so a fusion of all three would be some well balanced middle road, but I don't really get the idea behind how it is now.
Abbyrose said:
GARBAGE BAG POKEMON. YEA.
I do fancy a Narwhal though.
But still, who's to say there will be that many new ones. After all, this is B&W 2 rather than an entirely new game. BUt yea, I do hope there's some more than just alternate forms. Would be cool if they added some crossbreeds or whatever in line with the cover dragons.
Feb 29, 2012 3:21 PM

Nov 2006
Shoryuuken said:
windy said:
Shoryuuken said:
THE WORST THE WORST

Kill it with thunder!!
Sorry man, their stockpiling annoys the crap ot of me.
OH GOD I CAN HEAR ITS CRY

And if any of you people are including Archen and Archeops in the "shitty looking new Pokemon" category, you suck and I hate you.

Hakuromatsu said:
It's because Ken Sugimori is washed-up and just plain out of ideas. There's a lot of artistic talent out there that's not being utilized.
He didn't design all of them. The Vanillite line (one of the most hated lines in Gen 5, ftr), among others, were created by a white guy.
windyFeb 29, 2012 3:31 PM
Feb 29, 2012 6:59 PM

Apr 2010
^ yes but Ken designed what... like 90% of them. I mean that white guy only designed 3 evolutionary lines (mandibuzz, ice cream scoops and golurk).
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
42 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
3 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 5 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
Today, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.