Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2012 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"We don't need no education..." - the last page.
Well, Reika is dead and buried.
Feb 24, 2012 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
The art for this manga is so amazing :D I cant wait to see the giants fighting in the next chapter
Feb 24, 2012 3:25 PM

Apr 2009
What? I disagree... I feel like the art is mostly computerized and really hate it. Before it was done too, but it was done way better and fitted with the rest. Now it just looks plain ugly.

Feb 24, 2012 3:41 PM

Oct 2008
Vikopaulum said:
What? I disagree... I feel like the art is mostly computerized and really hate it. Before it was done too, but it was done way better and fitted with the rest. Now it just looks plain ugly.
Yeah I gotta kinda agree. Especially where the monsters are concerned. Can't tell head from tail on those things
Feb 24, 2012 5:40 PM
Feb 2012
So is anyone else pissed that Reika is dead. She was one of the few characters that I have been bothered by their death.
Feb 24, 2012 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
ok the art is sitll great and all but they drew kei's face dead wrong in one panel, instead of looking like sadness it looked more like he was thinking

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 25, 2012 4:13 AM

Feb 2010
ringhal said:
So is anyone else pissed that Reika is dead. She was one of the few characters that I have been bothered by their death.

she was the only decent female in this manga to bad she is gone for good.
Feb 25, 2012 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
There's no decent female in this manga, except maybe for the vampire girl.
Feb 25, 2012 7:15 AM

Apr 2009
Not really sure now who you mean by the vampire girl to be honest. Might have forgotten her already ;P

Feb 25, 2012 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
Chiaki, also known as Kill Bill, she's the partner of the Blond Host Vampire.
Feb 25, 2012 8:49 AM

Jan 2010
maarsaalis said:
ringhal said:

No, I'm happy Reika is dead. Oku should kill off fake Kurono too.

I dont completely agree i wsh they would have kept her around or gave her a better death but since she died the 2nd Kurono does need to die. I have a feeling both girls he loves will die and both copies will remain on some stupid stuff. I dont see this manga having a happy ending or God forbid GANTZ gets the power to bring people back again and they revive them both after they die.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Feb 25, 2012 8:59 AM

Oct 2010
would this be a time for Kishimoto's return? as she finds out Katou is with another girl she falls for the fake Kurono, would be interesting
Feb 25, 2012 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
would this be a time for Kishimoto's return?
OH GOD NO!!! anything but her. i dont think its a coincidence that after she died the manga's quality skyrocketed

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 26, 2012 1:34 AM
Feb 2012
bskbob said:
ringhal said:

she was the only decent female in this manga to bad she is gone for good.

Exactly that's why I was so mad she died, she was one of the few characters of substance and one I actually cared about. Plus she doesnt whine like Tae does
Feb 26, 2012 1:37 AM
Feb 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
would this be a time for Kishimoto's return?
OH GOD NO!!! anything but her. i dont think its a coincidence that after she died the manga's quality skyrocketed

yeah she was just a pair of nice tits that every manga has, she didnt bring much to the story
Feb 26, 2012 1:02 PM

Feb 2012
It takes so many chapters for them to kill an enemy that i forget they were even fighting to begin with... Still a bit upset with Reika's demise. Should have been 2nd Kei
Feb 26, 2012 6:17 PM

Sep 2009
I liked this chapter. I'm really interested to see the giant mechas duke it out.

I mean...
Whaaaat nothing ever fucking happens blah blah blah blah.
Feb 26, 2012 6:56 PM
Jul 2009
I don't think the art is that bad. Some of the action scenes are hard to make out, but the mecha designs are really good.

As far as characters go, they look as nice as ever. The only thing is some profile views of their faces look a tad off.
Feb 27, 2012 1:52 PM

Apr 2009
Design is not really the same as how the whole thing looks like. But I get what you mean. Still, I still feel that the whole art has degraded quite a lot since the Osaka arc. I reread the previous few arcs yesterday and I must say, I really notice the difference. Also, I feel that this arc can't compete with the previous ones. I loved Gantz during those previous ones, and thought that the Osaka arc was extremely awesome, but this one is not that good.
I'm not calling it bad or anything, just nowhere near as good. It is cool that the mangaka tried to gamble by this whole plottwist, but the speed seems to have gone from the chapters in my opinion. Or mabye it's just because I can't read the chapters continuously and have to wait way too long for each new one...

Feb 27, 2012 2:02 PM
Mar 2011
meh, knowing Oku, he'll probably bring her back somewhere in the series
just like with poor katou =I
Feb 27, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 2009
I wasn't saying the art is as good as it was before, but overall it's still nice and doesn't really deserve to be called horrible or ugly.

I think everyone can agree that the Osaka arc was pretty awesome.
UserDeletedFeb 27, 2012 6:04 PM
Mar 1, 2012 12:50 PM

Oct 2007
Isnt that Sebastian on page 7, upper corner left?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 12:42 PM
Dec 2008
I really like the art as well. However, Sometimes I'm having a little difficulty figuring some things in fights. Otherwise, it's awesome.

Glad Reika is dead. I just hope there's no gantz left to "revive" her.
Mar 5, 2012 10:30 AM

May 2009
Don't forget that she can still be revived. Maybe the second Kurono will get enough points by killing the big monster. Or is the device already broken? I'm not sure if I remember correctly.
CissySSEMar 5, 2012 10:58 AM
Mar 6, 2012 5:34 AM

Oct 2010
CissySSE said:
Don't forget that she can still be revived. Maybe the second Kurono will get enough points by killing the big monster. Or is the device already broken? I'm not sure if I remember correctly.

exactly! or maybe her original self will die, and get transported to the room
Mar 6, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
CissySSE said:

exactly! or maybe her original self will die, and get transported to the room
i though reviving people was out of the question after gantz died, plus i remember hearing that you wouldnt be healed of wounds anymore

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 8, 2013 6:22 AM

May 2011
I’m pissed that they killed of Reika and brought back someone much less important like Anzu... but I liked Anzu as well, so I guess at least we got something. :x

But damn, Oku should’ve killed Tae and the original Kei instead. Now that would be a good twist. :D
Aug 13, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2009
Kind of ironic now that I am rooting for the humans not to annihilate the aliens, although that is just because I want them to save Tae ...
Sep 16, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2013
It's time to destroy those hammer- headed mecha :)
Reika is dead. Get over it!!! For God's sake.
Feb 12, 2016 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
so reika's really really dead? no random asspull revive from oku for her? buried already?

... fuck.

quite sad by this, who will kurono2 pair up with now? ;_;
Jan 10, 2020 8:08 AM

May 2016
Japan lost a national treasure with Reika's death but at least they were able to find ample time to conduct a makeshift funeral for her and pay their respects before continuing onto their battle for survival.

It would've been more reasonable for Fra to end up taking Tae hostage with that menacing look of hers but she still chose to help her look for Kurono and that's cool.

Jun 11, 2020 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
I hope I'm wrong but I can totally see Kei accidentally killing Tae. Wouldn't that be something
Mar 26, 2021 7:13 AM

Nov 2016
Some powerful panels there.

I'm excited for a gigantic mecha battle. Time to pay these fuckers back for the prologue lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.