Forums

Poll: Gantz Chapter 358 Discussion


#1
Feb 24, 2012 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2172
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"We don't need no education..." - the last page.
Well, Reika is dead and buried.
 
#2
Feb 24, 2012 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 595
The art for this manga is so amazing :D I cant wait to see the giants fighting in the next chapter
 
#3
Feb 24, 2012 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2281
What? I disagree... I feel like the art is mostly computerized and really hate it. Before it was done too, but it was done way better and fitted with the rest. Now it just looks plain ugly.


 
#4
Feb 24, 2012 3:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 319
Vikopaulum said:
What? I disagree... I feel like the art is mostly computerized and really hate it. Before it was done too, but it was done way better and fitted with the rest. Now it just looks plain ugly.
Yeah I gotta kinda agree. Especially where the monsters are concerned. Can't tell head from tail on those things
 
#5
Feb 24, 2012 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
So is anyone else pissed that Reika is dead. She was one of the few characters that I have been bothered by their death.
 
#6
Feb 24, 2012 6:13 PM

Online
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 20943
ok the art is sitll great and all but they drew kei's face dead wrong in one panel, instead of looking like sadness it looked more like he was thinking

JizzyHitler said:
Only pretentious fucks quote themselves
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
#7
Feb 25, 2012 4:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2736
ringhal said:
So is anyone else pissed that Reika is dead. She was one of the few characters that I have been bothered by their death.


she was the only decent female in this manga to bad she is gone for good.
 
#8
Feb 25, 2012 4:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2172
There's no decent female in this manga, except maybe for the vampire girl.
 
#9
Feb 25, 2012 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2281
Not really sure now who you mean by the vampire girl to be honest. Might have forgotten her already ;P


 
Feb 25, 2012 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2172
Chiaki, also known as Kill Bill, she's the partner of the Blond Host Vampire.
 
Feb 25, 2012 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 379
maarsaalis said:
ringhal said:
So is anyone else pissed that Reika is dead. She was one of the few characters that I have been bothered by their death.


No, I'm happy Reika is dead. Oku should kill off fake Kurono too.



I dont completely agree i wsh they would have kept her around or gave her a better death but since she died the 2nd Kurono does need to die. I have a feeling both girls he loves will die and both copies will remain on some stupid stuff. I dont see this manga having a happy ending or God forbid GANTZ gets the power to bring people back again and they revive them both after they die.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

<img src="http://myanimelist.net/signature/LuffyVsNaruto.png" />
 
Feb 25, 2012 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1415
would this be a time for Kishimoto's return? as she finds out Katou is with another girl she falls for the fake Kurono, would be interesting
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB
 
Feb 25, 2012 9:09 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 20943
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
would this be a time for Kishimoto's return?
OH GOD NO!!! anything but her. i dont think its a coincidence that after she died the manga's quality skyrocketed
JizzyHitler said:
Only pretentious fucks quote themselves
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Feb 26, 2012 1:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
bskbob said:
ringhal said:
So is anyone else pissed that Reika is dead. She was one of the few characters that I have been bothered by their death.


she was the only decent female in this manga to bad she is gone for good.


Exactly that's why I was so mad she died, she was one of the few characters of substance and one I actually cared about. Plus she doesnt whine like Tae does
 
Feb 26, 2012 1:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
would this be a time for Kishimoto's return?
OH GOD NO!!! anything but her. i dont think its a coincidence that after she died the manga's quality skyrocketed


yeah she was just a pair of nice tits that every manga has, she didnt bring much to the story
 
Feb 26, 2012 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9
It takes so many chapters for them to kill an enemy that i forget they were even fighting to begin with... Still a bit upset with Reika's demise. Should have been 2nd Kei
 
Feb 26, 2012 6:17 PM

Online
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1574
I liked this chapter. I'm really interested to see the giant mechas duke it out.

I mean...
Whaaaat nothing ever fucking happens blah blah blah blah.
 
Feb 26, 2012 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 721
I don't think the art is that bad. Some of the action scenes are hard to make out, but the mecha designs are really good.

As far as characters go, they look as nice as ever. The only thing is some profile views of their faces look a tad off.
 
Feb 27, 2012 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2281
Design is not really the same as how the whole thing looks like. But I get what you mean. Still, I still feel that the whole art has degraded quite a lot since the Osaka arc. I reread the previous few arcs yesterday and I must say, I really notice the difference. Also, I feel that this arc can't compete with the previous ones. I loved Gantz during those previous ones, and thought that the Osaka arc was extremely awesome, but this one is not that good.
I'm not calling it bad or anything, just nowhere near as good. It is cool that the mangaka tried to gamble by this whole plottwist, but the speed seems to have gone from the chapters in my opinion. Or mabye it's just because I can't read the chapters continuously and have to wait way too long for each new one...


 
Feb 27, 2012 2:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1191
meh, knowing Oku, he'll probably bring her back somewhere in the series
just like with poor katou =I
 
Feb 27, 2012 5:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 721
I wasn't saying the art is as good as it was before, but overall it's still nice and doesn't really deserve to be called horrible or ugly.

I think everyone can agree that the Osaka arc was pretty awesome.
Modified by UserDeleted, Feb 27, 2012 6:04 PM
 
Mar 1, 2012 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1581
Isnt that Sebastian on page 7, upper corner left?
 
Mar 4, 2012 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 351
I really like the art as well. However, Sometimes I'm having a little difficulty figuring some things in fights. Otherwise, it's awesome.

Glad Reika is dead. I just hope there's no gantz left to "revive" her.
 
Mar 5, 2012 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 716
Don't forget that she can still be revived. Maybe the second Kurono will get enough points by killing the big monster. Or is the device already broken? I'm not sure if I remember correctly.
Modified by CissySSE, Mar 5, 2012 10:58 AM

Is there anything that wouldn't be better if only Kircheis was there?
 
Mar 6, 2012 5:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1415
CissySSE said:
Don't forget that she can still be revived. Maybe the second Kurono will get enough points by killing the big monster. Or is the device already broken? I'm not sure if I remember correctly.

exactly! or maybe her original self will die, and get transported to the room
Cake = :D
"apa" apachai's wise words
http://bit.ly/a5VFVB
 
Mar 6, 2012 4:43 PM

Online
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 20943
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
CissySSE said:
Don't forget that she can still be revived. Maybe the second Kurono will get enough points by killing the big monster. Or is the device already broken? I'm not sure if I remember correctly.

exactly! or maybe her original self will die, and get transported to the room
i though reviving people was out of the question after gantz died, plus i remember hearing that you wouldnt be healed of wounds anymore
JizzyHitler said:
Only pretentious fucks quote themselves
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Jun 8, 2013 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 389
I’m pissed that they killed of Reika and brought back someone much less important like Anzu... but I liked Anzu as well, so I guess at least we got something. :x

But damn, Oku should’ve killed Tae and the original Kei instead. Now that would be a good twist. :D
 
Aug 13, 2013 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 10857
Kind of ironic now that I am rooting for the humans not to annihilate the aliens, although that is just because I want them to save Tae ...