Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 24, 2012 7:00 PM
Aug 2010
CrossDivide said:
Lol Issei is pretty pathetic this ep ._________.

LOL, he's been pathetic since episode 1, nothing has changed.

Tenchi_Ryu said:
I can't even hate Phoenix right now...such a fucking BOSS. Not everybody gets a harem with their kindness...lol

AGREED!

Phoenix is the type of guy that gets all the girls, his badassery combined with his douchebaggery is exactly what makes bitches come in droves.

LOL, no reason to hate the player....hate the game.

Anyways, Issei is a little bitch, I would have gone to town on Rias the second she said Do me!

FUCK, I would've done UNSPEAKABLE things to Rias!
ichig0fanFeb 24, 2012 10:27 PM
Feb 24, 2012 8:08 PM

Apr 2011
The girl who said 'gross' looks like a potential harem member for Issei.

What's her name?
MagitoFeb 24, 2012 8:11 PM
Feb 24, 2012 8:24 PM

Dec 2011
prismheart said:
This show is such a dick tease.

Couldn't have said it better.

Hope Issei destroyes Raiser.
Feb 24, 2012 9:35 PM
May 2011
Magito said:
The girl who said 'gross' looks like a potential harem member for Issei.

What's her name?

Reyville Phenex
Feb 24, 2012 9:44 PM
Dec 2010
This anime is so damn unexpectedly good.
Feb 24, 2012 11:19 PM

Jun 2009
Never seen so many people complain how weak the MC is.

Give Issei a rest. He was just human just weeks or a month ago and has been facing high level fallen angels and well-trained slaves. He's just fighting now out of instinct with his Boosted Gear and it isn't working that's why he will have his "first" training in the next episode.

Oh and hilarious episode. Especially the part where Issei squealed like a girl instead of Asia.
Feb 24, 2012 11:34 PM
Aug 2010
-Quasar said:

Well, it's not like we're going to praise him.

Although, since this is technically "Shounen", I'm sure they're going to find a way for him to SOMEHOW win against Phoenix who is clearly 1 million times stronger than he is.

I'm already preparing for that and I'm not even going to complain since EVERY single anime does it.

Anyways, I'm more frustrated by the fact that Issei claims to want a harem and yet every chance he gets to be with a naked girl or an ecchi situation he backs off and doesn't have the balls to follow through.

Yeah, he's still young, you can't really blame him....except this is anime where those rules don't really mater.
Feb 24, 2012 11:48 PM

Jun 2009
ichigo03 said:
Although, since this is technically "Shounen", I'm sure they're going to find a way for him to SOMEHOW win against Phoenix who is clearly 1 million times stronger than he is.

I know you're exaggerating but he's strong but not that strong since he's just an heir as well not some devil king. Definitely beatable. I know they might pull a something shounen-like power up but you never know.

ichigo03 said:
Anyways, I'm more frustrated by the fact that Issei claims to want a harem and yet every chance he gets to be with a naked girl or an ecchi situation he backs off and doesn't have the balls to follow through.

He doesn't actually do that most of the time. He took up Rias offer to touch her boobs in the previous episodes. For some reason, he doesn't take advantage of Asia.

He didn't also reject Rias offer to take her virginity as well, they just got interrupted.
Feb 24, 2012 11:51 PM

Dec 2011
Man that Little girl really shit kicked Issei.. I knew from the first episode that this anime was going to be good :) I'm liking it.. I just really wish it was much longer then only 12 damn episodes T.T

↑Bullshit, ordered 100mbps.. Waiting on technician to fix issue T.T↑
Feb 25, 2012 1:22 AM

Jan 2011
what a Dick that harem king guy is! pretty said Issei got 1shotted by just a random little girl.
Feb 25, 2012 2:47 AM

Apr 2008
fufufufu don't worry. Main chars always get their revenge in this type of setup.
Feb 25, 2012 4:16 AM

Oct 2011
truly amazingly awesome episode - the fanservice was off the charts amazing - especially the scene with rias in her very attractive pantsu - also funny and dramatic - this show has it all!
Feb 25, 2012 4:17 AM

Jul 2009
ichigo03 said:
CrossDivide said:

LOL, he's been pathetic since episode 1, nothing has changed.
Agreed, one can only hope that dragon soul inside him would posses and manifest a bit more.
Give the boy some power to channel his rage^^

That Raiser guy is proper pimp though, full harem combined from all shapes and sizes (^.^)

And while on the topic of breast.. Damn the beautiful DFC scene with Koneko was definitely the biggest highlight of this episode :D
Talk about Isseis friends getting the low end of that bargain lol
Feb 25, 2012 4:19 AM
Oct 2009
CrossDivide said:

He got 1 hit KOed LOL.

This episode? He's pathethic in general. He's what one could sum up as an "failure hero". With no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He couldn't even get a friggin pet, something that Asia accomplished without a problem.
I really don't want to see him winning, I'd rather watch him suffer, his dreams shattered and everything taken from him. He's despicable and pathethic and he should suffer for it.

-Quasar said:

Give Issei a rest. He was just human just weeks or a month ago and has been facing high level fallen angels and well-trained slaves. He's just fighting now out of instinct with his Boosted Gear and it isn't working that's why he will have his "first" training in the next episode.

Oh and hilarious episode. Especially the part where Issei squealed like a girl instead of Asia.

So friggin what? Most people of the "Pieces" aren't devils for long. And other people long since accomplished more then he did. He couldn't even claim a friggin pet, something Asia managed to do!
And then he gets instand knocked out by some random girl, not even the supposed to be villain but one of his lackeys.
Issei isn't on par with other shounen protagonists, he's far below them.
And he only faced one angel, an angel he only defeated because said angel didn't take him serious at all. At the same time Rias disposed of !three! angels without breaking a sweat.
Issei is a pathethic, worthless, disgusting piece of garbage. And I'd rather see the girls end up with the villain then with Issei by now. The only thing he deserves is to be beaten to death with a blunt object in the most painfull manner imaginable.
DelethFeb 25, 2012 4:25 AM
Feb 25, 2012 5:12 AM

Jun 2010
I can't wait until that guy gets what's coming to him.

He has a harem already. ;_;

Feb 25, 2012 5:19 AM

Apr 2008
Deleth said:
CrossDivide said:

He got 1 hit KOed LOL.

This episode? He's pathethic in general. He's what one could sum up as an "failure hero". With no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He couldn't even get a friggin pet, something that Asia accomplished without a problem.
I really don't want to see him winning, I'd rather watch him suffer, his dreams shattered and everything taken from him. He's despicable and pathethic and he should suffer for it.

-Quasar said:

So friggin what? Most people of the "Pieces" aren't devils for long. And other people long since accomplished more then he did. He couldn't even claim a friggin pet, something Asia managed to do!
And then he gets instand knocked out by some random girl, not even the supposed to be villain but one of his lackeys.
And he only faced one angel, an angel he only defeated because said angel didn't take him serious at all. At the same time Rias disposed of !three! angels without breaking a sweat.
Issei is a pathethic, worthless, disgusting piece of garbage. And I'd rather see the girls end up with the villain then with Issei by now. The only thing he deserves is to be beaten to death with a blunt object in the most painfull manner imaginable.

Yowza! Stand back people! We got a real hellion hater over here.
Darklight0303Feb 25, 2012 6:11 AM
Feb 25, 2012 6:39 AM

Apr 2008
Too bad he soiled his statement with frothing raging. sorry but can't take him seriously there. Also I read the novels translated so far so knowing more about what happens next makes it even more hard to not point and laugh at blind rage like this.
Feb 25, 2012 10:43 AM

Dec 2011
Xtc said:
prismheart said:

Agreed...

If I was Issei I would make love to Rias at the moment, I wouldn't even think about it... And she is virgin... That's so rare nowadays... But he touched her boob... I bet he jizzed in his pants...

We almost got hentai, actually Phoenix playing with boobies like that is just like a scene in many hentai...

Also, I like Issei... Don't really understand all that hate... Also this is not Shounen show and we can't compare him to shounen protagonists... I like that he always gets beat up... Finally a change...

Also Koneko <3 Finally... But although she is the cutest, and my favorite she is not the sexiest.. .That goes to Rias and maybe Asia who is more perverted than I originally thought...

If only they made tv series like this... Imagine H2O Just Add Water like this...
Feb 25, 2012 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
Meh episode but I guess it'll kickstart the game with Raiser and Issei finally becoming of some use :L.

Koneko is the true badass not Raiser xD

Though Raiser what a bellend :L, though fair play to his harem lol.

Hopefully nothing bad happens to Rias with that guy he seems like he would force her to do something -.-.
Feb 25, 2012 11:35 AM

Nov 2010
needs more Koneko.
Feb 25, 2012 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
akutasame94 said:
Xtc said:
prismheart said:

Agreed...

If I was Issei I would make love to Rias at the moment, I wouldn't even think about it... And she is virgin... That's so rare nowadays... But he touched her boob... I bet he jizzed in his pants...

We almost got hentai, actually Phoenix playing with boobies like that is just like a scene in many hentai...

Also, I like Issei... Don't really understand all that hate... Also this is not Shounen show and we can't compare him to shounen protagonists... I like that he always gets beat up... Finally a change...

Also Koneko <3 Finally... But although she is the cutest, and my favorite she is not the sexiest.. .That goes to Rias and maybe Asia who is more perverted than I originally thought...

If only they made tv series like this... Imagine H2O Just Add Water like this...
Actually Highschool dxd is serialised in a SEINEN magazine(for those who don't already know)!

Feb 26, 2012 12:56 AM

Sep 2010
Best part
(NSFW)
twonlineFeb 26, 2012 9:48 AM
Feb 26, 2012 1:16 AM

Sep 2011
Awsome ep! rias & asia fanservice hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont rly care for koneko-_-... issei is a good char i donno why the hate & its clear he gonna be badass later like all shonen main shld be. Man this anime did such a good job me hating on the badguys, i hope issei kick his ass good^_^.
Feb 26, 2012 3:14 AM

Sep 2007
HEY !
It's me or i saw Izayoi Sakuya ?! O_o
Feb 26, 2012 9:22 AM

Dec 2009
Rias boobs are waay too huge -_-'

Business is picking up again, Still boobs, boobs and boobs. Whatever.

4/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 26, 2012 9:28 AM

Feb 2012
Meh, that face of Raiser looks strange
I like him better in the manga :/

The scene where he kissed his servant
In the manga he chose the twins
-->

They should have picked them in the anime too =p
Feb 26, 2012 10:34 AM

Jan 2011
Cynic1 said:

-->

Haha I agree.

Liked the episode, but Issei is really being pathetic.
I'm looking forward to the rating game.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 26, 2012 12:12 PM
Feb 2012
Issei's scream: priceless
Feb 26, 2012 1:26 PM

Dec 2011
Cynic1 said:

-->

Agreed...

This girl looks so cute, and especially in what she is wearing :P
Feb 26, 2012 4:02 PM
Jul 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
HEY !
It's me or i saw Izayoi Sakuya ?! O_o

lol I now see I wasn't the only one who saw that. (And I was shocked.)

No pads, there. Can't be. lol

That look Rias had on her face when Phenex started groping and kissing one of his servants was epic: the disgust was seemingly palpable through the screen.

What was more epic was the quick shot of the glow in her eyes when Phenex threatened her servants.

As for Issei...even though he had no chance against that guy, and what he did was stupidly hot-headed, I can't help but respect him for it.
Feb 26, 2012 10:37 PM

Jun 2009
Deleth said:
So friggin what? Most people of the "Pieces" aren't devils for long. And other people long since accomplished more then he did.

Cool assumption bro. Since when did Raiser said they are just new pieces and how can you prove that chick who kicked his ass is a newbie as well?

Deleth said:
He couldn't even claim a friggin pet, something Asia managed to do!

Asia didn't even do anything. The pet just liked her. Can he do something about that?

Deleth said:

Again, how can you prove she's just a "random" not so powerful girl? She might possibly be one of the strongest in that 15 pieces. Oh yeah, "implying".

Deleth said:

Did you just compare Issei to Rias in terms of combat ability? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Feb 26, 2012 10:42 PM

Apr 2008
-Quasar said:
Deleth said:
So friggin what? Most people of the "Pieces" aren't devils for long. And other people long since accomplished more then he did.

Cool assumption bro. Since when did Raiser said they are just new pieces and how can you prove that chick who kicked his ass is a newbie as well?

Deleth said:

Asia didn't even do anything. The pet just liked her. Can he do something about that?

Deleth said:

Again, how can you prove she's just a "random" not so powerful girl? She might possibly be one of the strongest in that 15 pieces. Oh yeah, "implying".

Deleth said:

I would like to point out that it was even said Raiser has been in quite a few Ranking games and won almost all of them except for the ones he didn't take seriously due to arrangements. So those pieces are anything but newbies like Issei.
Feb 26, 2012 10:43 PM

May 2011
-Quasar said:
Deleth said:

Deleth said:

Deleth said:

Deleth said:

Despite all of that he looked pathetic nonetheless. Didnt bother to assess the situation and ran in without thinking is the typical type of MC's that get their asses handed to them quickly.
Feb 26, 2012 10:47 PM

Apr 2008
Explicitz said:

Despite all of that he looked pathetic nonetheless. Didnt bother to assess the situation and ran in without thinking is the typical type of MC's that get their asses handed to them quickly.

His intentions were in the right place though.
Feb 26, 2012 11:08 PM

Sep 2009
Well, it looks like Raiser managed to make me angry. There are certain things that I just can't stand (guess that's what I get for watching this kind of show). I hope Raiser gets what's coming to him.
Feb 26, 2012 11:34 PM

Jun 2009
Explicitz said:

I would take his courage or stupidity however you call it rather than standing there watching Rias to get humiliated.
Feb 26, 2012 11:36 PM

Apr 2008
^Exactly. He would be far more pathetic and weak if he just stood there and did nothing. His attempt to attack Phenex proved that yes he was weak in body and strength. But strong in character.
Feb 27, 2012 3:00 AM

Apr 2010
The fact that Pheonix has 15 girls says alot about him lol.

4/5.
Feb 27, 2012 4:21 AM

Dec 2011
Darklight0303 said:
^Exactly. He would be far more pathetic and weak if he just stood there and did nothing. His attempt to attack Phenex proved that yes he was weak in body and strength. But strong in character.

This...
Feb 27, 2012 4:37 AM

Apr 2008
Not to mention his weakness as a devil piece should be explained soon if they follow the novel. I found it quite logical.
Darklight0303Feb 27, 2012 4:43 AM
Feb 27, 2012 4:56 AM
Feb 2012
in the light novel in volume 11 issie died right ? ..just want to ask if there are more volumes coming or volume 11 is the last part?reply asap
Feb 27, 2012 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
It happens right at the end of Vol 11. I honestly doubt it's the last one
Feb 27, 2012 5:47 AM
Feb 2012
... yeah lets just all pray that its not the end yet ... ^^ ..its really dissappointing if the mc dies ....even the genre is not even drama ....ITS COMEDY !!!!!wtf!!!!!!!!!
Feb 27, 2012 5:57 AM

Apr 2008
it's too abrupt. like as if someone dropped a concrete donkey on the whole series. *look it up on YT and you'll get it.*
Feb 27, 2012 6:49 AM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:

Its a lose-lose situation
Stand there and watch- you're viewed as a coward.
Attack with reckless abandon- your an idiot.
Dont get me wrong Issei my 2nd favorite MC cuz he's so funny(next to the all great Sakurai Tomoki)
Feb 27, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
Indeed it is. At least he went for the somewhat better option.

Oh god those two....imagining them working together....
Feb 27, 2012 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Meh at least put these things into a spoiler
I still "hate" the one who spoilered me his death >:

Btw : 12 is already confirmed ( read it somewhere at animesuki, should be out around april i think ) and there will be an Ova featuring Vol 13 of the Light novel as it is written here http://myanimelist.net/anime/12729/Highschool_DxD_OVA
Feb 27, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
Well the timing of when it happens doesn't really spoil much if you already know the fact. Regardless you have my apologies.

Well that's great news. I knew it couldn't end that abruptly
Feb 27, 2012 1:10 PM

Nov 2008
Let the training begin in next episode.
Feb 27, 2012 1:35 PM

Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
I think Vol 11 is the last one but DAT spoiler! I heard rumors it could be the last one just saying.
Cynic1 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Meh at least put these things into a spoiler
I still "hate" the one who spoilered me his death >:

Btw : 12 is already confirmed ( read it somewhere at animesuki, should be out around april i think ) and there will be an Ova featuring Vol 13 of the Light novel as it is written here http://myanimelist.net/anime/12729/Highschool_DxD_OVA
Oh shit so it's not over. Shit! I though they ended it like that with some major wipe out war. You know like Heavens kills of all the demons. Damn! Oh well thanks for the infos.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
Apr 13, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

» The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

5hyguy - Feb 26

20 by FirelordZuko27 »»
Mar 9, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 5, 2012

270 by CannedTea »»
Mar 7, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.